Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did they get hacked?

Just got a notification for a forty second Inside Maxis that was just some guy preparing to play Apex Legends.

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I don't know, I never got a notification like that.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Are you following them on twitch? That’s where I got it.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Are you following them on twitch? That’s where I got it.
    I'm not following them on Twitch. But I did see their last Inside Maxis on Twitch, and still did not get that notification.
  • MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I also got the Twitch notification that they had gone live, and saw the 40 sec recent broadcast clip. Maybe someone accidentally started streaming.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If it was a hack, it was a bad one. They stayed up no time and didn't really use the pundit.

I suspect someone just screwed up and streamed on the wrong account/computer.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Just got a notification for a forty second Inside Maxis that was just some guy preparing to play Apex Legends.

This is hilarious.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Do links work on here? Might as well clip it since it will probably be taken down.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorOnerousArugulaNotLikeThis-s7-h-mJ6ws5sEa3b
    Calico45 wrote: »
    If it was a hack, it was a bad one. They stayed up no time and didn't really use the pundit.

I suspect someone just screwed up and streamed on the wrong account/computer.
    That would be my guess too. Because like you said, if it were a hack then it was a really poor one. I don't know! I suddenly remember hearing on the morning news this morning about other internet issues that happened in the last few days. So it maybe be a hack or someone just plainly screwing up. Or it might be something else entirely that caused the issue.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I hope this was an accident. Because if they hacked it, they wasted a golden opportunity to stir up some chaos. Like announcing a Journey to Pandora, or promising to put Sims 2 on Origin if people send in videos of them destroying their copies of Sims 4.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yeah I got an email saying the Sims had gone live, which I thought was really strange since it was after midnight here. Oops I guess :D
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I got that too. Came to the forum in a hurry thinking that the new pack or kit had been announced :lol:
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope this was an accident. Because if they hacked it, they wasted a golden opportunity to stir up some chaos. Like announcing a Journey to Pandora, or promising to put Sims 2 on Origin if people send in videos of them destroying their copies of Sims 4.

Or announcing that the project Maxis has been working on is Sim Park 2 and it's is launching in 2 weeks
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    It was just one of the simgurus who accidentally went live on the sims channel instead of their own. No hack, just an honest mistake. Said simguru went live on their own channel afterwards.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Yeah, I figured one of the Gurus had just accidentally went live on The Sims channel. But, not gonna lie, I got a little hyped for a hot minute. :D
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, I figured one of the Gurus had just accidentally went live on The Sims channel. But, not gonna lie, I got a little hyped for a hot minute. :D
    SimGurus are people too, and people do tend to mess up from time to time.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    This was an innocent case of a simguru going to stream a game for fun after work and accidentally having the wrong twitch account connected. (Last time he streamed was for a sims event under the official Sims account). He caught it quick and fixed it. Sorry for the false stream notification. If it helps, I relentlessly teased him the next day (all in good fun of course).
    This was an innocent case of a simguru going to stream a game for fun after work and accidentally having the wrong twitch account connected. (Last time he streamed was for a sims event under the official Sims account). He caught it quick and fixed it. Sorry for the false stream notification. If it helps, I relentlessly teased him the next day (all in good fun of course).
    Well that solves that! Thanks for clearing that up for us SimGuruNinja! :)