Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @AlexaKry

I have the "story" and the notes "side by side", so I could have easily changed it. Was deliberate to comment "live" as the story evolves.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@AlexaKry yes many don't like the weakenss f the Vampires in sims 3, it's made for 13yrs and me LOL But I saw a bunch of mods on MTS that can bring the Vampires to more how they are in shows and Movies! How great are those who can make Mods!👍👍👍

ah the ying/yang! Wait are you saying there are Fairies also in True Blood?

omg the more you tell about Haldir the more and more interesting he becomes!💕💕💕 But how bizarre that when SP married him Again to Emelie that it didn't break the bf relationship to Travis! :o I thought it was against the Core of EA rulings that there can only be one partner. there are many ppl trying to make poly relationships and can't do it over at NRaas. Your Game is something very unique!!!!!!! I would have left it that way if Emelie wasn't such a B! LOL Because NoBody has that! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Yes I made Adan bi, but he always preferred Teddy (even preferred him over Alfie!) then Anya visited and was single handedly trying to turn everyone straight lol she is so bad! 😁😂🤣 but since they were at the festival that day then Teddy finally fell in love with Adan. now they are both gay with no + on the female preference side.
    That is so fun btw to just invite 2 non actives to a community lot and see what they do! :) I love those boys!

''but it is completely possible for Sims to get a relationship with the wife or the husband of your siblings! Or with the father- or mother-in-law btw!'' I know! that's the reason reason I got the W. mod! LOL It lets me protect relationships!

''But flirting right after he had eaten the piece of cake?????? Gah, THORE!!!!''' LOL!!!! all my teens in this game seem to want someone immediately if someone is single and available, and only Luke broke the code of pursuing Waylan after his cake but Waylan was already bf with Emelie and kept running away! LOL poor Luke! but finally Leelu came and grabbed him to smooch!! I know Luke was already 0/0 so Very interesting that he was thinking of and following Waylan around, knowing he was partnered!!! I was laughing when Leelu just grabbed him, like she was thinking Oh hi cutie, I think I will be the one to set your gender preference! hahahaaa I always love seeing what the inactives do!

Yes the best most complicated story Ever!!!💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @DivaDoodle : Unfortunately the vampire mods don´t work as discribed. MOst of them don´t work at all, so I have to deal with this awfully harmless vampires from the game!!!! That is sooooo sad I think, they´ve missed so many opportuneties!!!
    Yes, I would like to be able to make mods myself, I had so many ideas for even more and better interactions between the Sims! But I am completely incapable to do so, I´m always happy to find my computerand be able to turn it on, this is all I am capable of.... :D

Yes, there are fairies in True Blood, they just appear at the end of season 3, I think. But if the Sims 3 vampires are completely frightening enough for you, then you should better watch True Blood together with hubby and lots of pillows to grab one to hide your face!!! :D

The game forbids two or more love relationships, for adults. But not if one of the partners is a teen.... The game normally forbids relationships between teens and adults, so the relationship between teens and adults don´t count as one..
    So it was possible for the game to pair up Haldir and Emelie again and let him stay boyfriend of Travis.
    But it is still soooo strange that all this happened!!
    So I was so awfully terrified when I saw how Thore jumped on Stella!!!!
    My teens are rather late when they begin to get interested into boy/girlfriends. First they want to learn to drive and have some fun with pranks and such.
    They don´t think of adults as love interests at all. So Thore made me freak out!!!!
    Not again such a relationship!!!!
    I had this with his dads, that was enough!!!!
    :D

That Teddy preferred Adan over Alfie is a affront of Alfie!!!! :D I can remember the pictures and Anya´s satisfied face!!!! I thought she was great! One has to test out the material, right???

Thank you, but I think the most interesting game is yours!!!! <3
    Winter was followed by a beautiful spring and an even more beautiful summer.
    Nature showed it´s most best face, spring was colorful and blooming, everything smelled like a fresh rain and lavender blooming.
    Summer appeared and was sunny and warm and so convincing to just spend your day outside!
    Every Sim in the town was happy and lived a great life.
    Just Travis suffered.
    The morning after he stayed over at Haldir´s house the first time he got up early, sensed that Haldir was busy with Emerson and sneaked out of the house!
    He had a very bad conscience towards Haldir, because he let him stay in his house and was sooo nice to him, but he was his mother´s brother! So Travis didn´t believe that Haldir would believe him at all.
    He sneaked into his room again, his mother didn´t notice that he was gone for the night.
    Winter and spring were as always for him.
    His dad was seldom at home, if he was he just sat at the piano and composed or he was sleeping in his coffin. Travis never saw his parents interact much with each other but he wasn´t interested in them anymore.
    He had to stay at home a lot, closed in the crypt under their home, his mum got more and more angry at him during the weeks that followed the game.
    One summer day she asked him where his bike was and he thought: "S.h.i.t, I´ve left it at the statdium weeks ago!"
    He told her that he didn´t know where his bike was, maybe it was stolen?
    "Oh, then today is your lucky day, son!" she spilled every word out like knifes, "your uncle has brought it back to me. He said-"
    "What did Haldir?" he interrupted her.
    "Why did you know that it was Haldir who brought it back?" she asked with a strange expression. "You have two more uncles. And why don´t you say uncle, he is so much better than you, you little-"
    bRrKFI0.jpg
    HeF6P6d.jpg
    Q6j1fvc.jpg
    "Yeah, I know mother, I am such a bad person, son, human being, nuisance, I get it-" he said with a tired old voice.
    BANG! His head was thrown backwards. "Not in this voice, my dear!" she told him. "You little sh-"
    "What, what am I, mother, hm?" Travis had enough. He was so fed up by her and her behavior against him and his situation. "Let´s talk about what you are. And don´t try to hit me ever again. I warn you!"
    "YOU WARN ME?" she said with a voice full of anger, but with a little doubt, as well. "YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO WARN ME?? SHALL I SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WARN ME?" and she wanted to hit him again.
    But he grabbed her hitting hand and stopped her from hitting him again.
    "This is my last warning, mother, if you ever hit me again I´ll hit back! You have hid me enough!"
    Hallie looked into her son´s eyes and she could see how serious he was.
    "I didn´t hit you and I didn´t want to hit you. It´s all your interpretation of-"
    "My interpretation? MY INTERPRETATION?" now even Travis got louder. "Shall I show you MY INTERPRETATION and it´s scars? Shall I tell you how many days I had to wear long sleeves in school because of the bruises I had? I´ve counted the days, mother, I´ve counted them as soon as I could count, which I didn´t learn in school, btw, because as you can clearly remember that I wasn´t allowed to go to school the first years, right?"
    Hallie wasn´t ready to give up. "You better watch about your next words, my son or-"
    "Or what? Would you lock me up in the crypt again? Try to do it and you´ll face the consequences..."
    He let he arm go. "Did he said where he found it, the bike I mean?"
    "No, he didn´t and I am not interested in it anymore. Go leave me, I don´t want to see you anymore!"
    "Oh mother, this is exactly what I don´t want to do either."
    He went up to his room, trembling with anger.
    cHGQiAy.jpg
    8R59aFi.jpg
    At his room he took a deep breath. Haldir didn´t tell his mother anything. If he had she would have yelled about that.
    I have to talk to him and thank him that he didn´t tell her anything!
    He was a bit afraid of calling Haldir, because he had promised something to Haldir and just ran away from him.
    I´ll text him!
    uMOPwVr.jpg
    But suddenly he had the need to explain everything to his uncle! 'He was so nice to me and I was such an as....'
    Maybe I can meet him at home?
    He ran out of his room and was happy that he had his bike back!
    6JZJ6SL.jpg
    g9QV6U3.jpg
    qRL84kt.jpg
    fnz4flv.jpg
    YNRUk7F.jpg
    While he was riding down the hill he could see that there were no lights at Haldir´s house so he just drove past it and headed to the stadium.
    'Hopefully he is still at the training!'
    qUoc7go.jpg
    s70rlk1.jpg
    Haldir was about to go home when he sensed that Travis was at the back school yard. So he rushed to him, well aware that his little nephew was in a big confusion.
    ahWgW71.jpg
    Travis heard Haldir come, took a deep breath and just before Haldir even stood in front of him he began to tell him everything what happened to him since he could remember.
    1T0ZgrF.jpg
    SKcmHyu.jpg
    58RDLYa.jpg
    He stopped with what had happened to him today and looked fearful at his uncle. 'Would he believe him? At least a bit?'
    pYw36Ov.jpg
    KgtODNX.jpg
    Haldir took a deep breath. Now he could understand why he had such a bad feeling everytime he look up to the old estate and everytime when he tried to get behind the old walls with his senses!
    "Your dad is very exhausted theses days, right?"
    "What? Äh, yes, he is. Do-do you believe me uncle Haldir?"
    "Just answer my question and I´ve told you to leave that uncle thingie." Haldir told him with a stern voice.
    "Sorry u- Haldir! Yes, daddy is very exhausted when he is home, he sleeps nearly all the time or he tries to compose some songs. Why, is this important?"
    "No, I just wondered why he didn´t notice what your mum had done to you."
    "Please, u-Haldir, please you must belie-" Travis heart sunk. His uncle didn´t believe him. He knew it! He would be alone with all that until he was able to get out of the house!
    Haldir didn´t answer. Travis couldn´t see that he was already thinking of how he could help his little nephew.
    "Ok, I get it, you don´t believe me---" Travis voice broke and he turned to leave.
    But he was grabbed by a warm and gentle hand. "Don´t be so impatient, Travis. I just had to think about something, ok?"
    Travis swirled around. What did his unc-(Haldir he reminded himself!) just say?
    With a warm smile Haldir told him that he believed him but that he had some more questions.
    "You believe me, Really? Really really?"
    Haldir also told Travis that they should put his bike into the trunk and drive home where he wanted some more answers from Travis.
    mglC8eu.jpg
    At that evening Travis told Haldir everything what had happened to him since Daniel died, what his mother did to him and that his grandmother Freia didn´t believe him and that he had the feeling that his granddad Henning believed him but didn´t know how to help him.
    Travis just left out why he was hidden so bad by his former friends when he was found by Hendrik and Argus.

The rest of the summer Travis visited Haldir more and more often. Whenever he could and he knew that his uncle was in town and didn´t have some away match he rode his bike to his house and rang the bell. When his uncle still was at the training he just went around the house and went to the garden. As soon as he entered Haldir´s ground he could feel peace and relief. And he could feel his uncle, which made him feel better even more.
    V7GdUR0.jpg
    TH47CAG.jpg
    ITkNuZQ.jpg
    zkWunjU.jpg
    gXR3Oiy.jpg
    Fa7k9fS.jpg
    bLGkXJ1.jpg
    Often Haldir could sense him whenever Travis left the estate. He knew if he needed some rest or some calming down even before Travis knew it sometimes.
    When he came back from training he often summoned an aura to calm Travis down, often he came to him full of stress and anger.
    kDJuPTK.jpg
    OiEHRTU.jpg
    CAGIHiT.jpg
    fTtk19E.jpg
    8oMEnlp.jpg
    Often he waited until Travis awoke again. Haldir knew fully well how exhausting his nephew´s life was so he was glad when he saw that he could sleep, even if it was at the hard stone bank in his garden. (He cursed about the day when it was bought by Emelie. Of course she must have bought this cold, expensive and uncomfortable bench!)
    During such times he just sat next to Travis, painted a bit and watched over his sleep.
    0ql7ble.jpg
    They´ve talked a lot during Travis´ visits and got a very good relationship to each other
    qBF2K0x.jpg
    bZPdC0h.jpg
    KHNbReF.jpg
    Haldir loved to watch Travis talking, he was so lively in his descriptions and so well articulated. He loved to spend his time with him!
    One day Travis asked him where Misty and Emerson were. He hadn´t seen them since his first stay and he wondered about it.
    "Well, Travis, sometimes life isn´t so fair to us, as you already know, hm?" Haldir answered and told him that he and his wife (Travis´ aunt Emelie) had a lot of problems with their relationship and that they decided to make a pause and that she wanted to take the children with her.
    Travis didn´t understand why she took the kids with her: "But she doesn´t like them actually! Are you sure that this is the best for Misty and Emerson, Haldir?"
    "No, it´s not the best for them, I know that very well, but we aren´t divorced yet, so she has the same rights than me and when she wants to have the children with her I can´t do anything against that."
    "Isn´t that kidnapping?"
    "It certainly is, but as I said, I can´t do anything against it, there are no laws which can help me."
    "But you love them so much more! That is unfair!"
    "Yes, it is. But I can´t do anything at the moment. As soon as we are divorced I´ll take the custody for the two, but now..."
    Travis felt sorry for his uncle and he thought that there should be a solution to that problem.
    "What?"
    "Hehehe, I said that you should do your homework, my friend!"
    "Ach Haldir, do I-"
    "Yes, you do and you know that, hm? Ask me if you need help, ok?"
    U787iZ1.jpg
    @AlexaKry hahaha yes finding the computer and turning it on is the finest skill ever! I am so glad I have learned to do this!!!!🤣
    ohh yes I don't like scary movies at all anymore I always need lots of pillows when someone has it on the tv! Your right I am not really into Vampire stuff though I did really enjoy Interview with a Vampire with Brad and Kirsten! Hubby and I have liked Kirsten Dunst soo much over the years ever since watching her fantastic movie Drop Dead Gorgeous! One of my favorite movies, so funny and harsh! and Allison Janney is so funny and wonderful in it! I try to see everything she is in. When ever we are talking and can't remember her name or the name of the movie we say "You know! Our girl!" and instantly we know who the other person means!!! LOL old people!😁😜

''The game forbids two or more love relationships, for adults. But not if one of the partners is a teen'' OH! I never knew that! ty for telling me! could a sim be married to both then, an adult and a teen? that might satisfy one of the posters on Nraas who was looking for a way to do a poly relationship then.

No it wasn't Teddy it was Adan! Teddy always thought he was straight. but Adan & Alfie got together once at the firestation, I almost missed it, in the all in one bathroom and then walked away from each other, obviously unimpressed with the encounter LOL Alfie was still in his experiment stage, when I found him he was bi. He had been on his own for one or 2 weeks and he was 2/3 so already had been with both genders--such an interesting guy! Then soon as Cherie met him she wouldn't let anyone get to Alfie and blocked everyone she could block! She had already made her choice! and then he wanted a date with her, so I sent him over to Cherie's and he stayed at her house autonomously for 5 days lol He liked it better there with Cherie than at Max's house, and was falling in love with the girl who claimed him.
    yes I love Anya's badness! LOL poor Wikerman she was always marching up to him and dragging him off! But I noticed he never said no! LOL

oh seriously? well TY! I sure do love the weirdness the game kicks out!!! :D

@AlexaKry Oh Good more Story!!! :smiley:

Well I really like the story part as much as I like the real!!! So their relationship and like for each other is slowly growing! I can't wait for the divorce from Emelie and how they become boy friends in the story part!

I love that Haldir made the aura for Travis and let him sleep! And I always love when they sense each other!

I wonder what Haldir will decide for his sister, Travis's mean Mom!

Great update!!! <3

@AlexaKry

It just goes on and on, so sad, absolutely no uplifting moment in this young boy’s live, a mother so awful that she even beat him. Good that he was at least able to stop the physical abuse.
    So nice that we went to Haldir and told everything. Hope this is where the positive part begin. <3
    Well not exactly :'( -
    A new storyline with divorce, children in need, and likely also a heart broken Haldir, must be missing them so much.
    Amaizing update can’t wait for more.

Totally love this picture, the blue “glow” where does that come from.
    0ql7ble.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Wow...great update! I'm still ticked at Mom, and the other adults in the family for different reasons of course.
    Poor Travis, he has no reason to trust anyone does he. :cry: I had hoped he would talk with him and be honest because I kinda know Haldir would believe him and fix it all for him. :heart:
    Wow...he stood up to her. That is awesome. He is growing stronger within himself. I'm glad for him.
    I'm glad he finally told Haldir. I knew Haldir would believe him. But, Haldir didn't do anything???? Why didn't Haldir confront his sister and remove Travis from the home? Or, have his parents do something. They were the rulers right? I would think they could remove him even without a reason and they have a good reason to remove him. I don't understand that. I feel like poor Travis is being let down constantly by all the adults in his life for lack of trying. :cry:
    I'm glad he was still able to visit Haldir and get some peace from being at his house and with him helping him.
    lol, gah! Adults making teens do homework...so mean. LOL
    @DivaDoodle : "our girl" is so nice, it shows how good you get along with your hubby!
    Greetings to him from me from Germany!!!!! <3

No, you can´t marry a teen and an adult, this is forbidden in the codes even when you can have a partnership with one teen and one adult. I don´t know how they´ve coded all this but woohooer breaks the barrier of teen and adult relationships at least, because in a vanilla game this isn´t possible, I think (I really don´t know this for sure anymore, I have played too long with Mods in my game... :D )

Oh, I´ve mixed it up with Terry and Adan! But you have to excuse me, at that day Anya had her blast and it was almost impossible to look what happened in the background because she was so omnipresent :D

This will to get what they want is a family´s thing right? Anya wanted to get every man available and Cherie wanted to get Alfie, so everybody who stood in the way of the ladies was flattened by the bulldozer sisters!

Yes, for sure, I think your game is more interesting than mine! My Sims are so serious and well behaved and well educated, which makes gameplay a bit predictable, so I´m very happy when I have a Sim which doesn´t "play by the rules". :) Your SIms are much more impulsive!

Yeah, their relationship grows very slowly (in the story, gamewise it was faster, but in the story I want to depict how they have to deal with all the problems they have to face...) first Travis has to get to know that he is gay and has to accept it, like Haldir does that, too. Just keep in mind that although he knows that he is gay he lead a different life and that the time they were in at that part of the story wasn´t really so openminded like it is now, at least in my part of the world!

Furthermore keep in mind that Haldir isn´t king yet, his mother is queen, a very powerful one, so if someone decides what will happen to Halllie it will be his mum!!!! If she decides...
    @Tamijo : Thank you for your comment! <3
    Yes, unfortunately both have a lot of problems to face!
    I am glad for Travis that he finally stopped her physical abuse at least. This hopefully will stop the psychological abuse, too, but I doubt it...
    Yes, I think it is so good that Travis began to trust at least Haldir! It must have been hard for him to do so when you have in mind that nobody believed him and he was completely alone in his miserable life....
    Hadlir is family oriented and he looooves his children, Emelie knew exactly what she was doing when she took the children (she isn´t interested in at all!) with her.She knows that she could get everything she wanted if only he gets his children back!
    She is hurt badly, so I think she will hurt Haldir even more, she is full of hate!
    I hope i don´t have too many story lines so nobody can follow them anymore!!! :o If so, tell me!!!!

Thank you for liking the pic!
    The blue glow comes from an aura. Fairies can summon three different auras, one, the aura of soothing, is to calm down the Sims in their near and gives a positive moodlet, one to multiply creativity of the nearby Sims to learn painting and instruments faster (aura of creativity) and then there is the aura of body and mind which helps the Sims in the near of the fairy to learn skills faster for body (athletic skill) or mind (chess, logic and such)
    It´s quite handy when you have a (powerful) fairy in the house which can summon an aura if you want to learn a certain skill faster. It just exhausts the fairy a bit.
    @bekkasan : Thank you!!! <3
    Yes, the adults in Travis family aren´t any help for him. He learned from Daniel´s death on that he can´t trust anybody. All events he had needed an adult to help him he didn´t have a help.
    But I very much believe that the turning point for him was when he was saved by Hendrik and Argus!

You are right, Haldir is his only chance to be healed....noone else sees his pain, I think. Even Haldir doesn´t know much about him...

Yes, I am really proud that he stood up for himself and prevented her from hitting him again! And I´m even more proud of him that he didn´t hit back!!!

Oh, I´m sorry to say but Haldir wasn´t as wise as he is now at that days.... He is still very young, in his early 30s, which is very young for a fairy and he is dealing with severe problems, too. Furthermore he isn´t king at that time, it is still his mum, she is the leader and she is the one who should do something.
    But I agree fully with you that he should defy his mother and his sister!!!!!

The adults at this time were no help at all for Travis, I sooooo would like him to get out of his family and begin a new life in which he is accepted and loved!!!! Furtunately we already know that he healed and found the love of his live, this makes it easier to write down his story!!!

Yeah, whenever he was at Haldir´s home, even when he wasn´t there, Travis felt a relief, a certain ease and some kind of welcomeness. It is something he never felt wherever he was (except at Argus and Hendrik´s house a bit) so it was so nice for him to just stay there. Furthermore he could sleep there without being awaken by someone who just wanted to be rude to him... he never was safe at home, he always had to fear that Hallie would get him.... and sleeping in the crypt must have been a nightmare for the little kid :'(

I hope the next update will be a little bit nicer....

:D it s...u...c.ks beeing a kid or teen and being forced to do your homework, right? (even when you have to deal with a very understanding uncle who is very unconvetional and easy going in most parts of the life, well, he used to be... :D )

@AlexaKry yes I think we're 2 peas in a pod, and a good match! He loves to talk and is extrovert and I love to listen and am introvert. He is my most favorite person on earth!
    Awww He is Very happy to hear you say that and says "wie geht es'' to you! :) (Although what he said and the sound google translate made did not match!! :D so probably his accent is hideous! LOL BTW he says he wants more Streuner!!!

Ah OK so somehow having the teen be a bf evades the code! Yes it is very strict and I do agree with it, I just get so sad when I see sadness and jealousy and feel so bad for the sim! Gah jealousy is the worst feeling ever creating all kinds of hurt! which brings me to this, WHY did they come out with EP's with such horrible LTW like stone hearted and eye candy and everything they can think of to make more bad drama, and helpful to cheaters?!?!? I don't want to install those EP's!!!

I know Anya was totally omnipresent that day! LOL :D
    HAHAHA "This will to get what they want is a family´s thing right? Anya wanted to get every man available and Cherie wanted to get Alfie, so everybody who stood in the way of the ladies was flattened by the bulldozer sisters!'' yes exactly! And I had to keep pausing because it was non stop, and I kept getting paralyzed in shock! lol

oh me too, if I have a normal acting sim it isn't as interesting to me as the unusual sims! I grab all the unusual ones up, because they are my favorites! I also really like happy sims, like Cherie, she smiles almost all the time, I think she really loves her family life there!

I really like the story and I LOVE knowing the real! It was so cute when you showed the pics of learning to drive and the kisses! Travis was soo smitten with love and couldn't keep his hands off Haldir, it was like magic!

Yes it was bad here for gays too for the longest time! I look forward to them helping overcome all the problems!
    Right I know he isn't king yet, I keep forgetting it's his Mother that has to deal with her child Hallie! But I am so glad Travis is welcomed and and liked by Haldir, I think this is so good for him and will help him to heal, and it must be comforting to know someone believes what you tell them!
    @DivaDoodle : greetings to your hubby! Mir geht es endlich wieder einigermaßen gut, danke der Nachfrage! Ich hoffe, dir geht es auch gut? Auch wenn deine Frau ständig Sims 3 spielt? o:)B)
    So his German sounds like my English!!!! :D
    I so love to hear that you´ve found your soulmate!!! There´s nothing better to be able to say that!
    I´m a bit envy about your luck, cause I´ve never managed to find someone about whom I could say that... :'(
    Tell hubby that I miss Streuner, too and that I´ll try to get him to tell me more about his story so I can write more about this little stinky devillovely cat!
    (I´m just too absorbed in the humans of his family right now..)

One the one hand I agree with the coding, too, because there are very strange people out there who can use a different coding to fullfill awful strange things/dreams of theirs on the other hand it would give the game more reality if there was an option of getting teens and adults into relationship, especially when you think about a relationship where one of the teens become YA and the other stays teen a few days longer... this leads to heartache, because the YA forgets it has a relationship and searches for a new love...
    Furthermore there are so many realtionships between teens and YA in real, so from my point of view its good that woohooer braks this up a bit.

Anya is not the Sim you normally play with, hm??? I like to see how she will behave when you´ll play her!!

hehehe, I like the grumpy one more! They pull such adorable faces and the noices coming from them are priceless! :D

B) I think I´ll post this pics again to show how their relationship has evolved eventually.... they couldn´t and can´t keep their hands off of them, If I´d let them! They are still sooooo much in love, even after such a long time!!!! (I think they are more than 1500 Sims days together now, I have to look that up the next time I´ll play and I´m back to them)

There are still some re--tar---ded people who dislike gays or transgenders or just differences! It´s not understandable in my eyes why the can´t let other people be who they want to be! Isn´t it just the best way of living together if we just want others to live how they like and try to do that, too?

I think we´ll see how Freia would deal with Hallie in the next update and we´ll see how Travis and Haldir became a couple... or in the one after!

@AlexaKry LOL too fun! :):smiley: TY for the German!!! When I read it aloud, it must not have been as lovely as the google lady's voice, but tried my best to say what you said! Hubby was Not hiding well his smile at my struggle! :#:D

he says about my constant playing of Sims 3: ''Solange mein Liebling lacht, dann bin ich glücklich! Glückliche Frau = Glückliches Leben!''

OK we wait for sweet little devil Struener! <3

ah my fiend I long for you to find it <3 Yes it is more difficult these days! What about your HS and University reunions? I have learned so many got together <3 at those celebrations! enjoying who they grew up with! What is that leather sweet rough guy doing right now, that was so sweet to you as a young one?
    My baby sister joins and makes activities at Meet Up, online, for coffee, or lunches, book clubs, chess, painting workshops, and open artist studios, walking dogs, she says that way if she meets someone great! and if not, well she had made new friends and at least she is doing something she likes to do anyway! I wonder if there is a Sims3 group?!!!

''there are so many relationships between teens and YA in real, '' Yes and I have some friends experiences I want to slip in the town story. I have had those settings before, The thing I hated so much was with those settings, that HORRIBLE old lady Yumi Sekamoto was scamming on the teens! :o she would Not stop and I was so MAD I finally made her have a birthday cake!!!! >:)

lol Anya is already in love with Wikerman but I don't really know if he loves her or just can't say no! LOL I just put him in her house to make her happy and to see if he would still be the town's tattoo artist living in the town instead of being the homeless tattoo guy!! Many days he refused to go to work, but now I think he understands he is supposed to go to work (at least more often than not at all!)😁

Yes post the pics of them again!!! they are soo cute together!!!💖💕💖💕💖💕

I know! it is totally bizarre to me too, like it is anyones business! You love who you love, period!

I think Any intolerance is the one thing I am most intolerant of!
    I can't even believe it when I see or hear of it!!! :# and I can't even complain to hubby about how unfair, because he then will try to get in a deep discussion (he Looooves to converse!!!) and he goes all Dalai Lama on me talking about how we need to have compassion for the ignorant intolerant people of the earth!!! Then he will want to discuss WHY the intolerant ignorant are acting as they do, and their Behaviors, and What possible unfortunate things might have happened in their lives to make them behave so badly!!!! (He loves to study human behavior and even tries to apply it to my sims too! lol) But seriously, this can go on alllll day and even though he is very interesting it leaves me no time or brain cells left for Sims!!! :o;)

Oh that sounds GREAT! What ever you post I already know I will like it and can't Wait!!!😊😊😊😊😊
    @DivaDoodle : :D your hubby is soo right! His life could be much worse if he didn´t let you play!

I´m sorry that I have to let you wait for Streuner´s story, I soooo want to write his story further, but I am so slow with my writing, a new chapter of The Helmquists lasts hours to days, depending on how many pictures I´ve made and have to chose on and how long my writing will be.... Then there are the comments I´ll give and the answers I give and such. Then I want to play a bit and then there is this stupid normal life which hinders me from having more time to write Streuner´s story....

Oh gosh, no!!!! I don´t want any of my old school friends or University friends being one of my boyfriends, no, not at all!!! Ugh!!! And that sweet guy lost his hair, gained many pounds more and is now a federal officer in one of the ministries of my state. You can´t be more boring!!! :D Oh, and he is married 3x and his last marrige is about to break up...
    :D moreover you don´t have to be so sorry for me, I just envy you and your great realtionship only sometimes. But most of the time I am sooo happy to live on my own, without a husband!!!! Sometimes I wished to have someone who is stronger than me to bring the water bottles up to my flat, but that´s all!
    I love to be on my own, believe me! I don´t have to take care of anybody than me, that´s so good! I had a husband once but we divorced after 8 years, after this I never had the desire to marry again! :D

Lol about Yumi Sekamoto! I disabled the old people to run after my teens and my YAs and adults, that ist so ugh! They can search for someone in their age!
    Although I don´t have such problems in real life, but the old people in the game look so fragile and physically broken that I can´t look at them longing for younger SIms!

Hehehe, now it´s the first time I disagree with your hubby! (Hi there !!)
    No, I don´t want to understand ignorant, hostile, radikal or fundamental people, they are stupid!
    And no excuse for them!
    Everybody has had problems in his/her past so why are most of the people not ignorant to people who live differently but some think that they "know better"? They don´t and should be educated better!
    Such people are always destroying or trying to destroy everything which in their mind is wrong. But they are wrong!
    Why is it wrong to try to be happy and try to live like you want if you don´t hurt anybody with your way of life????
    Why do some people always try to force their will or their way of living on others? THIS is something which is completely wrong and I don´t accept ANY explanation of such ignorant people! Educate and accept!

@AlexaKry Oh good I am glad that you are happy single! I have many GF same as you, happier now that they are divorced! Oh I agree about the water bottles they are soo heavy! I also have a Zero Water Pitcher that filters out chlorine and Fluoride and well everything so that is is as tasteless as distilled water LOL but it's there in case the water jug needs to be replaced and every one is still asleep! LOL

hahaha I know the game ages a perfectly fit fine looking person to a crumpled 100 y/o sim looking like they are on their last breath! but some are still so spry playing soccer and ice skating like ballerinas LOL

It's ok to disagree! :)
    Yes I understand your point of view! Hubby is very spiritual (not religious but zen type with a more Buddhists philosophy). So that's probably why he thinks like that I believe.

I watched a show about a bed and breakfast (like a hotel, but they give you food) run by an old German captain (sailor) and he kept referring to his 19y/o as Junge or Jungen and I wrote down that word because I though it was a cool Name! And almost was going to name Alfie's next baby Junge, because it sounded so soooo NICE with that accent!!! but then when I looked it up it said it means boy! hahahaa so maybe that isn't a good name after all! :):D
    @DivaDoodle : yes, a very happy single here!
    When we are talking about water bottles, do we talk about the same things? I have the feeling that yours are a bit bigger and fit at a water dispenser?
    I´ve meant the 6x 2 litres water trays we have here. We don´t use many water dispensers anymore, because they were full of virusses and dirt always so most of the companies quit providing them. Now the companies which provide water use waterbottles. 1 litres/1 1/2 litres or 2 litres.
    At home I can drink water from the water faucets, or water is of very good quality. But I like sparkling water more than the still water from the water faucet so I have to carry up the bottles. :)

:D yes, the elders look so awfully fragile, but then they surprise you when the jump at the trampoline!!!

hehehe, a Zen type of man! Nice, but sometimes you can´t change something when you try to understand everyone... ;):p

:D:D:D nobody will know exccept you and me and maybe one or two more here! So when you/Alfie want to name your next boy Junge, then why not?? It´s your game!!!! There are so many people who call their children like flowers, which is strange here in Germany, so why not call a boy Junge??? :pB)
    Summer went on and Travis gained more and more trust to Haldir.
    He behaved so differently to all the other adults Travis knew!
    He treated him like an equal person and listened to him without telling him instantly he was wrong. Haldir listened and asked him questions if he needed more clarifications or if he exaggerated something a bit. If Haldir caught him while doing that or if he caught him while telling a fairy tale he grinned and told Travis that his story was told a bit too colorful. He never told him to shut up or punished him for telling him such fanciful stories.
    Travis loved him for that and knew that he should tell him everything which darkened his heart.
    But he didn´t know how Haldir would react to him when he told him that he liked men!
    He knew, of course, that Haldir´s brother Hendrik was gay, but what if Haldir didn´t accept that? What if Haldir would stop talking to him after he opened up completely? Or what if Haldir beat him for being gay?
    Travis was so happy during the last weeks, he could deal with his mother and her hate, he could deal with his dad´s absence and he could deal with his classmates who disliked him for being a Helmquist and being so rich.
    He was so happy that Haldir provided peace for him. When he was with him he didn´t have to take care of his back, he didn´t have to run from the hate of others. He just could be like he was.
    But what if that ended when he talked to Haldir about his biggest problem?
    No, he decided for himself, no he wouldn´t tell Haldir that he was gay. No way!

But one night, he was lying awake after another bad argument with his mother, he thought of Haldir and how much he would liked to be with him now and how good it would have felt if he would held him now...he teared his eyes wide open.... oh no, no no no no, this couldn´t be, no!
    No that was not ok, he couldn´t be serious! No no no!
    He began to cry. His thin and gaunt little body began to shake. NO!
    "Think about something else, Travis, just think of something else!" he said quietly to himself, sobbing his nose and wiping his eyes angrily. "Just think about something else and forget what you have thought! This cannot be! Not in one million years!!!"
    He turned from one side to the other in his bed, then he got up, he knew he couldn´t and wouldn´t sleep anymore. He turned on his TV he recently got back from his mother and watched one of the mindless comedy reruns, just to try to get his thoughts out of his brain.
    It didn´t work...
    Travis panicked in his room. He couldn´t think logically anymore, so he didn´t think that Haldir worried about him. He couldn´t think so far in his panic.

The next day was a Saturday and he and Haldir wanted to go to the new exhibition of his granddad together. Haldir waited for Travis to arrive but Travis didn´t come. And he didn´t phone to tell him that he wouldn´t come or that he came later or such.
    Haldir began to worry very fast. He sensed the argument Travis had with his mother the evening before and so he thought that something had happened to his little nephew what Hallie would pay for now!
    He hurried to the van Gould estate and knocked loudly on the door. He was shortly before breaking in when Hallie sleepily opened the door. Before she could say anything Haldir pushed her aside and stormed into the hall. Then he turned to his sister and asked with a voice that didn´t tolerate contradiction: "Where is he and what have you done to him this time?"
    Hallie looked at him, cleared her brain and answered with an aggressive voice: "So, you´ve get to know this nuisance little boy´s bad side, hm? He never gets anywhere in time, you just have to learn patience, my dear brother!" She looked at Haldir full of hate, she knew that he built up Travis´ self-esteem in the last weeks and she hated him for that, did this mean that she had a much harder life. "He is still upstairs, probably still sleeping, he-" she was interrupted by her brother who stormed up the stairs, through his gnashed teeth he warned her to stay away from him or Travis in the future.
    "Ah, whatever, tell him he has to stay home today and has to do his homework!" she shouted at Haldir´s back, just to have the last word and thinking to have won the conversation with him...
    Haldir knocked on Travis door and didn´t wait for a "come in", he was full of worries for his nephew.
    There he was, sitting on his bed, looking up to him with red and dark-ringed eyes. "Haldir, what-"
    "Travis, is everything ok with you, why didn´t you gave me a call that you couldn´t come today, why do your eyes look as if you have cried? What did she done to you my sweety?" Haldir sprinted to Travis and sat down on the bed next to him.
    He grabbed Travis hands. "What had happened to you?" he said with a very concerned voice. He looked observantly at Travis.
    "You can tell me everything, Travis, you know that!"
    Travis heart broke even more. No, no he couldn´t tell him everything! Not this! Not this time! But he knew that Haldir wanted an answer and that he had to provide one... "I-I-I just had a short talk with Daniel, that pulled me down, that´s all Haldir," he lied.
    Haldir loked deep into his eyes and nodded. "It always pulls you down when you have talked with your brother, I know. So shall we quit our plan to go to the exhibition?"
    "N-no, per-perhaps we can still go?"
    "Of course we can, will you go like this or will you take a quick shower and change clothes?" Haldir asked with a big grin on his face.
    "I´ll take a quick shower, I´ll be right back!" Travis sprinted to the bathroom, a light smile on his face.
    It would have vanished if he had turned back and had looked at Haldir´s face right now.
    Although he smiled his eyes didn´t. There was nothing than worries in his eyes. He knew that Travis lied, but why? What had happened in the last hours while he was not with him?
    He intended to find out why the teen was so afraid...

The weeks went by and Haldir discovered that Travis withdraw from him more and more.
    He was desperate. What had happened to Travis, why didn´t he trust him anymore?
    He tried and tried again to bring up the subject but Travis got more and more silent.
    Moreover he got more and more problems himself with his soon to be ex wife and the custody of Emerson and Misty, so he couldn´t care for Travis as much as he wanted.
    But one day he got the conclusion! His brother Hendrik and his brother-in-law Argus invited him to celebrate Andrew´s birthday, their son who became a toddler. Although it hurt him to see a little toddler because it remembered him of Emerson whom he hadn´t seen since weeks now he was happy to be distracted from his problems a bit.
    At some point Hendrik asked him where Travis was.
    Haldir looked at him, frowning. "What do you mean? I don´t know where he is, I suppose he is at home?" he asked a little bit more sharply as needed.
    "Ugh, man, what is bugging you? I just asked where Travis is, you two have been inseparable the last weeks, so I just thought-" "Stop thinking, he is not here, that´s all. Just let us talk about something else!" Haldir snapped.
    Hendrik looked at his bigger brother closely. He could see little lines of concern wrinkling his forehead. "Come on, Haldir, please talk to me, what happened to you and your life lately?"
    Both of them went to another room, Haldir was relieved that he could talk with Hendrik about the mudslinging his divorce would be, not even adding the worries about Travis to all this stress.
    Hendrik could understand him and expressed his sympathy for him when it came to his divorce. "But why are you so concerned about Travis? You´ve told me that he opened up more and more to you? What happened that you nearly wanted to tear my head off off me?"
    "Ach, if only I knew. He visited me in the afternoon, like all the other days during this summer, he did his homework, we ate some pizza and then we watched a movie. The next day was dad´s new exhibition, we had agreed to visit it the next morning but when it was time he didn´t show up. I´ve waited a bit more and then I went to him, Hallie opened the door and I´ve shouted at her and asked what she did to him and ran into his room. He was sitting with red eyes with dark rings underneath at the bed, still wearing the same clothes from the evening. It was obvious that he had cried, so I asked him what happened but he didn´t explain anything. We went to the exhibition, but from that day on he withdraw from me more and more AND I DON`T KNOW WHY?!?!?"
    "And he didn´t tell you anything?"
    "No, this drives me crazy, Hendrik!" Haldir looked at his brother, now he was nearly crying.
    "Did you, uhm, well, what did you do at that evening, I mean, what exactly?"
    "What do you mean?" Haldir looked at Hendrik. Then he understood what he meant. "What do you think of me, you as..... I didn´t d-"
    "Hey, stop it man, you don´t have to kill me now, I just wanted to mention the obvious!"
    "What do you mean, the obvious? That I have done some harm to my nephew, because he is a sweet little boy and I am gay and so I have done something against his will????? What kind of bad thoughts do you have? I would never touch him or try to flirt with him, if this is what you are saying! I´m not stupid! And you know that only you, Andrew and my agent know I am gay!"
    "Of course you are not! I didn´t mean to offend you, but my question must be allowed I mean you are both gay, so-"
    "What??? What are you saying?? What???" Haldir looked at his brother, his eyes bigger than ever, an expression of disbelieve on his face.
    'Oh, wow, he IS stupid' Heldrik thought by himself. "You can´t tell me that you didn´t know that he is gay! You surely can remember when we found him brutally beaten in Great Bear, right? Didn´t he tell you, why he was beaten?"
    "I´ve-he´ve-I-- When was he beaten? What are you telling me?" Haldir looked at his brother again.
    "I´ve told you! It was a few years ago now, Andrew was just born and we found Travis nearly beaten to death in a bar in Great Bear!"
    "Yeah, yeah, i still can remember that, that was when you´ve asked me to observe him and Hallie more, which I did. But why do you think he is gay and why do you think I knew that?"
    "Oh Haldir, I´ve told you, too! I´ve told you that the reason why he was hit was because he tried to kiss one of the boys!"
    Haldir looked at Hendrik with an even more confused face. "I didn´t know that! I mean, that would have changed a lot in my behavior to him..." his voice was getting quieter and quieter.
    "What do you mean with 'you would have changed your behavior'?" Hendrik asked confused.
    "Ach, I mean, I, hm, I sometimes hugged him when he had a hard day or I bopped him or such. I mean, if I knew he was gay I wouldn´t have done that! You know how misleading this can be!"
    "Oh yeah, I know that. So you really are telling me that you didn´t discover he is gay? You can´t tell me you didn´t notice!"
    "No, I didn´t, we didn´t talk about love or disposition or such. I wanted him to tell me when he felt safe enough. I mean I waited for a mention that there was a girl in class he liked much or such.... But I didn´t know, oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸.... You know what we watched? The Simsons! An episode with Smithers where he enthuses about Mr Burns but where his gayness is just hinted as always. And do you know what Travis asked me? He wanted to know if I would find out with every man if he was gay and I´ve said that I found out with nearly every man! Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸!"
    "Oh, well, yes, oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I think that is the reason why he withdraw, he didn´t want you to know that he is gay. But wait- why should he be afraid of you knowing of him he was gay---- oh my god he is in love with you!!!" Hendrik nearly screamed!
    "Oh no, oh no, oh no, this can´t be! Hendrik don´t say such a thing!"
    "Why not? What´s so wrong with that, You would be a nice couple btw!"
    "This! This is wrong, gosh, can´t you understand? We can´t be a couple! I AM HIS UNCLE!"
    "And what?"
    "Hendrik, don´t you understand? We are germane, we are uncle and nephew, this is incest!"
    "No, this isn´t! The laws say different!"
    "No, I mean, what if I become king one day and somebody knows that Travis and I, oh no, this is so wrong!"
    "No, my beloved big brother! What is wrong is if you don´t stand to your feelings! That is sooo wrong! And don´t think of being king, mum is still very young, untill you´ll become king, well, times change and so the attitude, hm? Furthermore you don´t even know if he withdraw because he fell in love with you or if there is something else what caused that! You should talk to him!"
    "I´ve tried to, but he just closed himself even more, I can´t talk with him about that!"
    "You can and you must! Hehehe, if you want to become king so desperately, well, then you have to handle such situations, too, when somebody doesn´t want to talk to you. It´s a good learning for you!""
    "O no, I can´t do that! If I do something wrong I´ll lose him! I can´t lose him, Hendrik, can´t you talk to him?"
    "No, of course not, that´s your job, my dear! You won´t lose him, I trust in your ability to find the right words!"

Haldir still thought about the right strategy to try to get to know from Travis why he withdraw from him when one evening he came home and could sense that Travis was there. His heart skipped a bit, finally Travis was back! The last days were horrible without him and without knowing what his little nephew was dragging around and what hurt him so much. He hurried into the house.
    Travis had waited for him, sitting patiently at the stairs. He wanted to be with Haldir again! The last weeks and especially the last days he missed Haldir so much. Hallie had been so mean to him and made his life so awful and he began to miss the peace and the support Haldir provided for him. Moreover he missed his uncle for just being him and being so nice and supportive to him and just accepting him like he was.
    When Haldir entered the hall Travis came to him with a sad and hopeless look on his face.
    "Travis, I´m so happy that you a- gosh, Travis, what´s happened to you? Why are you so sad?" Not only the look on his nephew´s face made him worry but his aura was full of fear, too.
    "I, I, mother was so mean to me the last few days, I didn´t, ähm, can I stay here this night, please? Oh, please say yes, Haldir, I know I was not nice to you the last weeks but I- I-" he looked up to Haldir, "I missed you so much," he whispered.
    Zbm97i5.jpg
    6VJxhIy.jpg
    Haldir looked at him and had to swallow hard when he heard the sweet, but thin voice.
    GhA4W0c.jpg
    "Of course you can stay here this night, you know--" he wanted to say but found himself in a heartfelt embrace!
    Aq3l2uz.jpg
    He didn´t recover himself from this hug when he felt Travis lips on his! He kissed him!
    61nrKKo.jpg
    It took him a few seconds to clear his brain and to overthink his reaction. Travis was faster.
    L6M3Xzx.jpg
    9FpjFYr.jpg
    He hugged Haldir again. After some time in which Haldir´s thoughts racing through his brain. He HAD to talk to Travis about their feelings, about being gay, about being uncle and nephew, about his divorce, about-
    "Haldir, I love you!" Haldir´s brain and his ears didn´t work properly, what? What did he hear? What? "Ugh, what?" He asked with a squeak in his voice. He could feel how Travis´ body became rigid. 'Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Haldir, you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 idiot! How dumb can you be?'
    Travis released his hug and his eyes were filled with tears immediately. "Sorry, I-" he began but was stopped by Haldir whose brain finally began to work again!
    He stroked Travis cheek.
    5KocQPS.jpg
    "Don´t say sorry, sweety, never feel sorry for your feelings, ok? And I am so happy that you´ve told me how you feel! I love you, too."
    Travis looked up to him with big, brown, tear-filled eyes. "Really?" he asked with a thin and shivering voice.
    'Don´t f..u..c..k.. it up now, i.d i.o.t' said Haldir to himself. "Yes, really, Travis. I love you. Very much. But-"
    "But? What do you mean?" Travis began to cry, he angrily wiped away his tears with his sleeve. "Am I not lovable enough for you? Or am I-"
    "Stop it, sweety," Haldir said with a very soft voice, "stop looking for mistakes in yourself, please! It´s not you, it´s never you, sweety, you are soo-, it´s my fault." He wiped some tears away with his thumb from Travis´ face. 'Oh what a pleasure to touch him' he thought. "It´s just my fault, you are the most lovable boy I know! You-"
    "It´s because I´m too young, right? It is my stupid age that you don´t want me?" he felt misunderstood again! Yes, he was young, but his feelings were real, it was no calf love! "That´s so-"
    "No, and yes," Haldir began 'Oh Travis, how can I make myself clear without hurting you too much? How can I explain to you that we can´t be together? How can I explain it to you that I love you but that my longing for you is soo wrong?' "Travis, look, I-"
    "You are just like every other adult, you know? When I tell you about my feelings or my day or whatever you just don´t want to listen to me and don´t take me serious! Leave me!" he pushed back Haldir´s hand when he wanted to reach out for him.
    Then Travis turned around on his heels and run out of the house.
    'Very good, you loser, now you´ve screwed it up after all yet' Haldir thought and looked after Travis´ thin silhouette. "Travis, please", he begged, "come back, please! Let´s talk about everything!" -"Please" he whispered.
    Just a picture of Haldir´s old house which didn´t make it into one of the updates.
    After his divorce from Emelie he will tear down the house, he always disliked the size and the cold feeling of it!
    7abCwk0.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry Wow...I enjoyed the update. It is very emotional I know I keep calling him 'poor' Travis but I can't help it. The Mom in me wants to comfort that boy and tell him it will be alright. ( I can see the future you know. :lol: ) He has got to start letting some of that stuff out and not keeping it inside. He worries too much but who can blame him with his Mom and absent Dad as examples of the non caring adults in his life. Trust is so hard to come by but Haldir keeps giving poor Travis reasons to trust him but he still can't. :cry:

Well, it is a good thing Haldir went to the party and Hendrik knew something was wrong and pushed Haldir to talk about it. It is understandable with all going on in Haldir's life that it went over his head that Travis was gay and he was trying to protect himself and Travis's feelings by staying the good friend that Travis needed. So good that Hendrik was able to tell him that it is not considered incest in their world and that they would make a good couple. So much good advice in particular learning that sometimes he will have to do difficult things and he just needs to do it.

oh my, I never expected Travis to be the aggressor. But Haldir was too busy protecting Travis from his feelings because he thought those feelings were wrong.
    Daggum! That boy is so hasty! I know he probably needs to run from his mom to keep from getting hit or punished but there was no need to run from Haldir. He should have stayed and listened. Sigh! He is wrong that Haldir doesn't listen and is like other adults. Haldir is not like the others and does listen and does love him.
    I guess he is such a romantic that he thought one kiss could make everything right and it's not as easy as in books.

I'm so ready to read the next chapter in their lives!

The house looks very grand and I don't blame him for wanting to tear it down and have something different.
    edited April 2021
    @AlexaKry Great story update!!!!!!
    OMG I Love Hendrick to pieces! <3 Only a loving brother can think Omg my brother is stupid! and not think or mean any disrespect!!!

When Hendrick says ''No, this isn´t! The laws say different!"'' what do the laws say there in that land? (about uncle and nephew romantic relationship) that it is OK is what I am assuming, so Why is Haldir hesitant, or How would that make it not right to be a gay King? I need to understand better Haldir's reasoning!!!

I am used to it/accepting in stories such as Hawaii and in history of Egypt where royals marry their siblings or near relatives to keep the royal blood royal. and the great love they have for each other. so to me this is entirely plausible and I feel much like Hendrick does, The heart wants what the heart wants, and all others be damed. It is only in r/l, here in my now, that I am swayed by societies mores, that the thought is hard to take! My guess is society made it frowned upon because of what it does eventually to the gene pool and can create things like hemophilia and more.

I really love when Hendrick says ''"You can and you must! Hehehe, if you want to become king so desperately, well, then you have to handle such situations, too, when somebody doesn´t want to talk to you. It´s a good learning for you!"" What a great brother, to urge the difficult action! but he is right!!! Haldir will need to learn this as future king!

BTW I like the expression "it was no calf love! '' I adore when you put in the German expressions!!! I almost don't want to tell you of some of the expressions that are different from German to English, because I Never want you to change it!!! it makes your stories all the more intriguing. wonderful, and delightful for me!!! Hubby agrees, when I read to him, that it wouldn't have the same impact in certain paragraphs you write, if they were said in a mere 'english' way!!! Our very favorite, and please don't Ever change it, is 'in his near' <3 That expresses it so much better than Any possible way an English writer could ever think of expressing it!!! Gosh we love your stories so much!!!! <3

''"You are just like every other adult, you know? When I tell you about my feelings or my day or whatever you just don´t want to listen to me and don´t take me serious! Leave me!"'' :'( So greatly written!!! perfect how a teen would think!!! I am feeling all Travis's emotions!!!

Poor Haldir berates himself for blowing it even Before he blows it! and then ends up blowing it after all, because poor Travis misunderstands and Runs!!!!

Wow that house is so awesome looking, but I agree tooo Big! Can you imagine having to clean all those windows!!! 👀

More!!!! ;):)
    @bekkasan : thank you for your comment! <3
    More will come soon, most of it is already written, I just need some more pictures. I discovered that I missed some when writing...

Travis can´t trust anybody. This is what he learned though his life. His mother betrayed him and made him to the cause of Daniel´s death, his dad is always absent and seems to be inable to see how bad his mother is, Freia and Henning, his grandparents, don´t believe him that he knew and saw what happened to Daniel, his friends hit and beat him nearly to death just because he opened up a bit, Hendrik and Argus helped him to get away from that beaters, but sent him home after he was bandaged, and Haldir didn´t react as he hope either....
    No wonder that he ran away. After all he is just a 17 1/2 years old teen.... A very sad and broken one, if I may say, too.... :'(
    And yes, the mother in me would have liked to hug him and told im that I know that everything will be allright soon!!!!

Yes, it´s good that Hendrik talked with Haldir. I think that Haldir really didn´t notice that Travis is gay, Travis is soo introverted that it is hard to get to know what he thinks sometimes and Haldir had to deal with so many problems himself.... He is so worried about his divorce and the custody. Furthermore he wasn´t allowed to see the kids for months so he was a bit stressed out! He is young himself, still!!!!
    It is good that he has at least one family member on which he can count!
    Although I doubt that Hendrik´s advice was something Haldir would have liked to hear. :D

Yes, it was Travis who initiated the kissing, because he was so happy that he could have stayed the night and because he couldn´t hold back his feelings anymore. I think he decided to tell Haldir what he felt in the last few days.
    Haldir on the other side is not sure about his feelings and if this feelings are allowed or if they are even good for Travis or him....

You are right, life isn´t as easy as in a book. But tell this to a love sick teen....

When I´ve build the house I wanted to build it in the same style like the van Gould estate. Unfortunately I couldn´t build small in that days, so it got even much bigger than the original...... (and the follow up house, which you already know, isn´t much smaller.... :D )
    @DivaDoodle : thank you for your comment! <3
    hehehe, I don´t know if that is love.... or brotherly love... :D

The laws are just like the laws here in Germany: it is allowed for aunts/uncles to have a full relationship with nephews/nieces. What is not allowed and is called incest by law is between the direct line of a family: mum/dad with daughter/son or grandparents with grandchildren.
    In my view the nephew/niece thing is incest also if they are genetically related or cousins and such, but this is just my opinion, which is based of the family I have and with whom I´ve never wanted to have a sexual relationship ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
    But in the game I can tolerate it to a certain degree. (well, just with Haldir and Travis, all others have to search for partners outside the close related family, please!!!)
    I think I am totally driven by the view my society has about incest relationships, I must confess. I´ve studied History (I´m a history and German teacher) and I´ve always found it disgusting when I´ve read that king whatever married a cousin or aunt or whatever! There are so many nice women out there who aren´t related to you you old bast.... take one of them!
    So I was midly shocked when I got to know that they became a couple!
    At the time Haldir and Travis grew up it was not good to say anybody you were gay. The people in that days were very consevative and had too fundamental believes. They thought that gayness was a disease and could be cured and that the men and women who said that they were homosexual were just badly tought and such. Like many of your Americans still think this, when I look at the Trump followers....(I hope I didn´t hurt anybody´s feelings with this statement, but here in Europe we still can just shake our hads in disbelief when thinking of him and his supporters!!! SOrry for that!)
    So for Haldir it is a very frightening thing to tell somebody that he is gay, especially because he´ll be king somedays, this would make his reign very hard if only half of his subjects accepted him....
    This is the reason why he is in such a bad position when it comes to his divorce. If Emelie finds out that he is gay she will get the custody of his children and she will take all his wealth, too. (She was and is still a bit naive, she really doesn´t know that he is gay!!! Only few people do.....)

I think that this I really love when Hendrick says ''"You can and you must! Hehehe, if you want to become king so desperately, well, then you have to handle such situations, too, when somebody doesn´t want to talk to you. It´s a good learning for you!"" What a great brother, to urge the difficult action! but he is right!!! Haldir will need to learn this as future king! will be a key sentence/advice for Haldir´s future life.
    Hendrik is right, but he is much more free in his life than Haldir is, because he won´t be king ever, he is a warlock and Freia´s subjects don´t want a witcher as their king.
    ''"You are just like every other adult, you know? When I tell you about my feelings or my day or whatever you just don´t want to listen to me and don´t take me serious! Leave me!"'' :'( So greatly written!!! perfect how a teen would think!!! I am feeling all Travis's emotions!!!
    thank you!
    Teens are soo overdramatically often!!!! Travis is no exception. :D
    Poor Haldir berates himself for blowing it even Before he blows it! and then ends up blowing it after all, because poor Travis misunderstands and Runs!!!!
    Great sentence!!! Yep, everything went BAM!!!

No, I don´t want to think of cleaning that windows, this is a life task! :D Thank you for liking the house, unfortunately the new house won´t be much smaller, you already know how big it is!

So, I´ll take care for your and hubby´s entertainment and mirth (hey, learned something today! :D ) with my inability to speak English fluently?????
    pfft, try to speak and write German without an English accent!!!! >:)
    And that after I tried really very hard to write the perfect English! Now I am really sad and so unsettled by you and your hubby that I don´t want to write anything at all anymore!
    :D:D:D
    No, getting serious here: it sometimes is hard to express what I want to with the words I got from my translator or from google. German is so different to English sometimes, especially the sentence structure and the different meanings of time. Furthermore we have more words to use and sometimes one English word has so many different German translations that I get confused a bit. Moreover when you get to know that the structure of a German sentence can mean something completely different when you shuffle just one word. Furthermore when I have a certain stress on one word in my German sentence which doesn´t come out in the English one, then I search for a different way of expressing what I´ve wanted to say and this is where my German comes out :D
    btw: "in his near" how would you say in English when somebody is in the near of someone?

There will be more soon!!!
    edited April 2021
    @AlexaKry Ah I understand completely what you mean, here we still have many many radical groups like skin heads and churches who still condemn homosexuality and other things like human rights, such a skrewed up,, misguided 'group' everything they do and think is so detestable and sickening. it's still difficult for me to get my head around the church groups 'killing in the name of God' of those people their Own God created! Nature is waiting too long, in my opinion, to make these types extinct!

OK I now understand Haldir's point of view, TY, that is totally understandable his fear of being outed before his reign!

Oh Emelie! so I have never thought about this before in sims, is there no community property laws there in that land? so in the event of divorce all assets just go to one partner? ''If Emelie finds out that he is gay she will get the custody of his children and she will take all his wealth, too.''

Oh I hope you didn't think we laugh at your words! :o No, it is that it is interesting and somehow better describes what is happening in the story!!! Never do we laugh At you, the person!
    Holy Crapalolo! :o You KNOW we didn't mean That!!! :# we are in Total appreciation!! OK forget it, you are going out of your way to deliberately misunderstand!!! Now you don't get to have a compliment, or love hearts 💕 from me for One Whole Day as punishment!!! hmph!!! You are grounded young lady!!! >:):D

btw: "in his near" how would you say in English when somebody is in the near of someone? That is Just it! My whole point!!! There IS NO AMERICAN word to describe it as beautifully!
    BUT IF you insist on making the story and words not beautiful I guess you can say 'in his vicinity' UG Awful Boring! or 'close by' UG EW nauseating how Trite! That is the whole thing, Your story is never TRITE (so common, using words so 'over used' that it makes the reader want to vomit) because of the wording you use.

^ btw that is not a compliment, as you are still grounded! >:):D I am just stating fact!!!

Good that there is more! YAY!!!

@AlexaKry
    Haldir is such an insightful adult, really able to direct Travis without ever needing to punished him.

Clearly Haldir was the source of his newly found confidence, making him able to deal with all the issues that used to torment him. Only natural that he could develop some feelings for a man like that.

LOL, Took some time for me to realise that Haldir was also gay. Just as it took Haldir time to realise Travis was.

oh my god he is in love with you!!!" Hendrik nearly screamed! Bingo

Love the fact that Hendrik will not help him and tease him with the King stuff, he he

I do understand that Haldir is not too keen on a relationship with his nephew, does not sound right.

Oh was afraid it would come to this :'(

Amazing update.
    …………………………………………………………………
    Lovely house – sad you had to tear it down

:|

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top