Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves & Fairies?

I see a lot of players want Werewolves and Fairies in Sims 4, but what can you do with them? What would be their special skills?
I haven't played Sims 3, I've only seen few let's play videos about these occults and all I saw was Werewolves turning hairy and teethy and some animations. I don't even remember anything about the Fairies.
I'd like to know what is special about Werewolves and Fairies and what would you want them to be able to do in Sims 4? I love the occults that we have now, Vampires are my favorites.

I'd love to be excited about Werewolves and Fairies possibly coming to Sims 4. Werewolves obviously like to attack and kill in the movies, but it won't be happening on Sims 4, so what else? I know nothing about the Fairies, other than watching True Blood ages ago. :D
Please, enlighten me about these occults and the gameplay we should be able to do with them? :)

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I like werewolves especially as a foil to vampires. It always feels weird to me to have one and not the other. I'd want all supernaturals to have a perk tree like vampires with stuff suited to them.

Werewolves would have a transformation and would need body hair assets and preferably a full moon system. In 3, they hunted collectables, walked on all fours, and bit people to change them. I'd like the wolf that can do the first bite to return from 2.

Fairies were granted trick magic, auras, wings, and fairy houses in three. They were not my absolute favorite, but they were always fun and would give me more supernatural variety.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I realize that this was not all that specific, after reading it over. However, I am still hoping the supernatural lightning strikes twice. I think 4's vampires are the best they have ever been with the strengths and weaknesses giving each individual all sorts of unique flavor. Plus vampires in general feel like a strong life state with all their unique interactions and objects. I am hoping to get something similar out of werewolves and fairies, although it did not happen with spellcasters for me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    In these guides you can find every interaction that werewolves and fairies had in sims 3. From there, it's about the story you create. For me i hope for werewolves because i want to play the kind of rivalry that is showed in The Originals: werewolves, vampires and witches looking for world domination :lol:

https://youtu.be/CzBDimVW3YM

https://youtu.be/MRs_SZvbxh8
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for the responses and thanks @texxx78 for the videos. They were very informative. I didn't know that Sims 3 Fairies were such pranksters. I like it. :D
    I guess I could use Werewolves as enemies to my Vampires. I wish both Werewolves and Fairies on Sims 4 will have similar power points system that Vampires and Spellcasters have.
    One more thing I hope is that Werewolves will look more menacing than Sims 3 ones. To me they look more like wild boars than wolves with their lower fangs sticking out. :D
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The only reason I'd be okay (not happy, but okay) with Werewolves not having as robust as perk tree as Spellcasters (let alone Vampires) is that there's not a whole lot of variation in abilities for Werewolves across folklore. Some, yes, but not the same variety as Vampires, spellcasters (witches/wizards/sorcerers, etc) or Faerie like creatures (most cultures have some sort of "doesn't follow the norms of culture behavior" nature spirit.) So for a fully robust perk tree, they'd have to create their own folklore about Werewolves - which, admittedly, wouldn't be a bad thing.

I want werewolves and Faeries because I want the complete "Classic 5" supernatural creatures (spirits from beyond, Undead predator, human that takes beast form, human that can break the laws of nature with potions/spells/will, semi-capricious nature spirit that operates by "alien" rules of behavior) that appear in the bulk of world cultures.

I'd expect Werewolves to be good at finding things, fighting things, and add a lunar cycle. If they come with a built-in enmity towards Vampires, that's a bonus.

I want Faeries that are like the ones from Celtic Folklore - Can be benign or malign depending on how they're treated and their nature, operates with a strict code of honor and hospitality that doesn't always make sense to humans, come in a variety of shapes and sizes and abilities. (Watch Maleficent. They did an excellent take on Classic Faerie in that movie, possibly by accident.)

What we're probably going to get are capricious winged humanoid tricksters who can shrink down to live in miniature houses. Which, while not as varied as I'd like, will be a suitable limitation.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    I think they really flesh out the supernatural world and offer a ton of storytelling possibilities. I typically don't like having them all in the same game however. So a toggle really is a must and I wish EA would get that through their heads.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited April 2021
    Werewolves come in all shapes and sizes, you have the Wolfman/Teen Wolf Variation, Lycan/Skyrim/Underworld Variation, Dire Wolf/Twilight Variation and the Wolf Variation which literally turns you from a normal human into a normal wolf, if Werewolves get a perk tree I hope it let's us pick which Lycanthrope form we turn into between these four.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Werewolves come in all shapes and sizes, you have the Wolfman/Teen Wolf Variation, Lycan/Skyrim/Underworld Variation, Dire Wolf/Twilight Variation and the Wolf Variation which literally turns you from a normal human into a normal wolf, if Werewolves get a perk tree I hope it let's us pick which Lycanthrope form we turn into between these four.

And then there's the World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness (Werewolf: the Apocolypse or Werewolf: the Forsaken respectively) where you get them all
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Hey guys, can you tell me what's the deal is with fairies?

I'm both a supernatural and realistic player and I play all the available occults in the game regularly, but I don't understand the special allure of fairies... Well, not in the Disney Tinkerbell sense of the concept anyway. Is it the aesthetic, the wings, the dust? What can fairies do that Spellcasters can't? I'm genuinely interested.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They cant do anything that the spellcasters cant do. I guess the focus on the fairies is mostly on pranks, mischief, nature magic and hallucinations (at least in the lore). They also have wings. If we go by the survey then this iteration will have at least the following features: fairy world only accessible to fairies.
    Tiny form (like tinkerbell as u said) and mischief powers.
    Kostasmpi - So, its the mischief that particularly appeals to you?
    Not really. I just answered to the last question you made. I think i generally like superpowers so its probably the possibility to see superpowers that havent been depicted yet like time manipulation, invisibility or photokinesis.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love the Once Upon A Time version of Fairies & Werewolves.
    Kironide wrote: »
    Hey guys, can you tell me what's the deal is with fairies?

I'm both a supernatural and realistic player and I play all the available occults in the game regularly, but I don't understand the special allure of fairies... Well, not in the Disney Tinkerbell sense of the concept anyway. Is it the aesthetic, the wings, the dust? What can fairies do that Spellcasters can't? I'm genuinely interested.

They could rework Inner Beauty so it turns normal sims into frog sims, Fairies are more nature based so expect them to have druid magic like controlling plants and animals, Fairy pranks can involve changing shapes, misleading travelers, spoiling food, frightening young sims, and tripping venerable old sims, all these pranks were taken from Puck/Robin Goodfellow.
    Thanks for your in-put guys.

I think what I'm taking from this feedback is that Fairies are wanted because they extend magical gameplay, particularly mischievous magic.
    Kironide wrote: »
    Thanks for your in-put guys.

I think what I'm taking from this feedback is that Fairies are wanted because they extend magical gameplay, particularly mischievous magic.

with a little bit of practical magic mixed in.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    id like fairies
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    Sims 4 EP: Lets Get Hairy, Fairies
    Fairies could have all sorts of powers: mind powers, light powers, time manipulation, nature communication etc.
    Also I saw in the freeplay version that the fairy world is tiny. I think that fairies may get some insects, like ladybugs, as pets since they will be very close in size.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope they‘re gonna add werewolves
    a256aFi.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Hey I know, how about a Wolf Fairy. Wolf fur, nose, fangs, claws with Fairy wings & pixie dust. I so love weird hybrids. :D
    I like werewolves and I allready characters who are werewolves (in my mind) but I think they are going for fairies. Now TS3 fairies were boring to watch and play with but S4 is visually a better game and they will be fully fleshed out like vampires so for the moment I am excited.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

The "... only works when you're playing with redacted sims" still doesn't make sense...
    texxx78 wrote: »

The "... only works when you're playing with redacted sims" still doesn't make sense...

I think the redacted sims are fairies. Werewolves dont have a hidden world. The school lot wouldnt be refered to as a world. I think fairies make the most sense.