Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding Tier 3 Lot Perk

So I was building a tiny house aiming for Tier 1 (33 squares), but in the end I ended up with Tier 3 (100 Squares). In the process I lost
the lot perk "You Got The Touch" which doubles the rate of skill increase. So to compensate I got the "Child's Play" lot trait defined
as "kids just seem to learn faster here." I'm challenging myself with some huge families, the last one had 18 kids. Do you think "Child's Play" is
a good replacement for "You Got The Touch?"

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    No, I don't think Child's Play comes anywhere close to the benefits of You Got The Touch. It's probably better to change lot traits as needed to match whatever your Sims are doing, although that could be difficult with oversize households. Since you're apparently using mods, perhaps you can find a mod that gives You Got The Touch as a lot trait.

You Got The Touch is actually one of the Tier 2 benefits, so you can have it if you can get your house size down to 64 tiles.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    If you go for lot traits, you can use the study spot from discover university (if you have that pack) . That one is supposed to add faster skill gain to all skills, not just for children. Another option is to set up a club (if you have get together) for the kids and buy the perks for the skill you want them to learn.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    No, I don't think Child's Play comes anywhere close to the benefits of You Got The Touch. It's probably better to change lot traits as needed to match whatever your Sims are doing, although that could be difficult with oversize households. Since you're apparently using mods, perhaps you can find a mod that gives You Got The Touch as a lot trait.

You Got The Touch is actually one of the Tier 2 benefits, so you can have it if you can get your house size down to 64 tiles.

Thank you so much, I will see if it's possible to shrink the house a little. I don't use mods in my game, I used
    Lilsimsie's tiny house tutorial, see the link below.

https://youtu.be/k6g9YlhJNM0
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    If you go for lot traits, you can use the study spot from discover university (if you have that pack) . That one is supposed to add faster skill gain to all skills, not just for children. Another option is to set up a club (if you have get together) for the kids and buy the perks for the skill you want them to learn.

Thank you for this idea, I'm going to add this lot trait.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited April 2021
    There's a lot of tricks you can use to get your tile count down. This article has some good tricks for that! One simple thing I've found that gets my tile count is to replace one wall panel will a full length window so that that my walls don't technically connect and raise the tile count. I find it to be a lot of fun to see how big I can get a house and still have a super tiny tile count. Good luck!

https://screenrant.com/sims-4-tiny-living-hacks-ultimate-micro-home/
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I agree with @Sketch793. I don't think any lot trait is comparable to that one. I usually make a tiny home, tier 1 or tier 2, and then add a three-sided room on the back to allow for a place to put gym equipment or other things you typically put inside, thus expanding the size of the house without losing the "You Got The Touch" trait.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D