Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I'm going to try to play today so I'll have to come back for proper comments later, but I wanted to add to the "kit pack" discussion real quick @Francisca464 @OJenn :smile: I bought all three kits yesterday, and I quite like them. The collector in me saw it as $15 for something between a stuff pack and a game pack, and the math adds up seeing as those are $10 and $20, respectively. For me, $5 is a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and $15 is a meal at McDonalds. New sims content will last longer and bring me more enjoyment than coffee or fast food, so it's worth it to me.

As for the Sims 3 store comparison, I get the concern. I hated the Sims 3 store because I couldn't afford to "collect" everything...and even if I could, the game wouldn't be able to run everything at once (hell, it's "recommended" not to run all of the official packs at once, let alone any store content lol). Not to mention, some of those store "collections" (made up of like 10 CAS items) cost $20! THAT is a cash-grab. Generally speaking, I think kits are the sims team's way of catering to non-collectors with specific playstyles. Some people only play Sims to build - now there's a $5 kit with only build/buy items, just for you! Some people don't care about build/buy or CAS items and just want more gameplay - now there's a $5 kit to add more gameplay to your game! I see kits being valuable to those types of players, as well as the simmers (like myself) who just want more content in general.

I think most complaints about the kits come from either thinking TS4 is overpriced in general (which depends on how much you play, imo. I get my money's worth lol) or not researching what's actually in the kits before you buy them. The dust kit is getting the most hate, because it "only" has 5 items. Well...yeah, that's kind of the point - it's a "gameplay" kit, not build/buy kit, CAS kit, or stuff pack. It adds gameplay, which means you have to actually play the game to see the value of the pack. It has five vacuums (with new cleaning animations), two aspirations, and adds a "dirtiness" progression to the game, plus new moodlets and interactions based on the level cleanliness/dirtiness (a "sparkling clean" happy moodlet, socials with dust bunnies like hugging them, socials with other sims like asking them to clean, etc.). It's a lot more developed and interactive than laundry (which is broken half the time anyway). Could they have made a "Cleaning Day Stuff Pack" by merging the dust kit, country kitchen kit, a few messy hairstyles, and some slovenly outfits? Sure, but it probably would have ended up being a game pack ($20), or the gameplay wouldn't be as developed (which is what a lot of people complain about - we don't want half-a**ed gameplay!). I knew what I was buying, I weighed the pros and cons (pro: new sims content, con: eat ramen for dinner instead of door dashing McD's lol), and I was happy with my purchases.

Now I'm going to hop in-game and make neat-freak owen vacuum the apartment :smiley:
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I can't find anything on Origin that details what exactly is in the new kits but I don't think I'll be getting any at the moment anyway. The vaccuming one sounds like it could be intense once the dust bunnies get out of control, and my sims have no need of extra fitness clothes. The country kitchen one sounds like the best given the building nature of this challenge, but I'll wait and see. If it had been something like extra stuff for children, like bunk beds and new aspirations, then I'd be more inclined to get it. I'd also like a kit with more musical instruments (like trumpets, flutes and saxophones), and perhaps one with more wedding/formal clothing. @JordanNicoleJJ , keep us informed with how the kits go, especially with Owen and his vacuuming!!
    @MayaRose1138 It's so fun to see the girls trying out their gifts. Lyric really doesn't look like she wants any mentoring right now. Ahh, yes, music is important in Lia's family. So nice to see the entire family sitting together for a meal. I love you hung up the picture with the gnome. So cute. The Sulani pics are fun but I'm sorry you lost some! I'm still team Leo!!

I try to get the family sitting down together for at least one meal a day, usually dinner. I had plenty more Sulani pics, or so I thought, with Leo doing his homework and then helping Heath build a sand creature, and Lia beachcombing, but obviously I didn't actually take them for some reason! It's tricky deciding between Leo and Lyric but I've got three criteria that I'm going to use to help me if I can't pick a clear heir just from game play :)

Lachlan knitting in his speedos :lol: And it's strange that he got better marks while being more exhausted with the triplets! Oh my goodness, the triplets are identical?! That's going to make choosing an heir tricky just based on genetics, unless they change as they get older.
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - I think Ivy is my new favorite with her guitar. Lyric looks like she isn't having any of her dad's advice :lol: I do love Lyric's style with her red and blue outfit. Malcolm seems to be a frequent visitor at the clinic, I guess he can't stay away. I think the gnomes pop up in the pictures when sims have low photography skills. The girls' selfies still turned out good :D

The whole family are good friends with each other but Lyric's face when Heath was chatting to her was just, "Dad, why are you talking to me now? Couldn't this wait until I'm not lifting heavy weights?" Malcolm has visited the clinic every day except one since he was fired. I try and get Lia to deal with him but every now and then, it has to be Heath and my next update will show why that's not a good idea!! I'm going to try and get pics of all the family members for the heir to take with them, and hopefully have a bit of a gallery wall :)

Aww, twins! Dory and Nemo - cute names :) I'm sure they'll live up to the cuteness, although I hope Dory isn't as forgetful as her namesake!!
    Time for comments! (Finally)

@MayaRose1138 The Splash Park is a download :smile: It's a great lot for family outings! You can download it here (there's an instruction on how to download it from the Gallery as well). Lmao I'm definitely curious how Clover's traits are gonna work out together :joy: I'm leaning towards Clover rn because I love her as a child and her traits are interesting, to say the least. But I think Florian can still sway me as well. I'm not super fond of the photographer hobby though and Selvadorada isn't my favorite world.

Why is Malcolm so obsessed with your sims and the vet clinic :joy: The guy should get a life. Lia's beanie is adorable :heart: Great first knitting project if you ask me. I laughed when you posted Lia's sleepwear picture, I always have the same issue. I pick out lingerie for my female sims and then they have kids and I'm like Oops, no, you're a mom now! The knitted plant holders are adorable! They are one of my fav knitted items. Omg, Leo is a gorgeous sim! I love him :love: Did you upload him to the Gallery? If not, will you? Asking for a friend :yum: I think he has his father's lips btw, they seem quite similar. But sometimes the genetics mix a bit I think. But yeah, he does look a lit like Lia. I still love him though!

Noooo not a fire! I was worried that Leo was gonna die :bawling: Keep him away from that fireplace lol. Winter is one voyeuristic cat :joy: Reminds me of my own cats lol. How do you get your kids to complete so many aspirations? I struggle with one :joy: The girls are really pretty! Like I expected, I prefer Lyric. She's slightly more interesting to me looks-wise. I wouldn't mind if you pick Leo either though. Yes, he looks a lot like Lia, but the boy is H O T! Sorry :yum: I couldn't contain myself.

I love that Heath is trying to be a good papa to his teens! Even though they don't always appreciate it (like fitness advice lol). Aw, one of the cats died? :disappointed: I hate it when animals die, even in The Sims. I'm sort of loving it that everyone is so sad over that little cat. At least he's mourned! Kaori digs all your kiddo's :joy: Oh I love how you're going about picking a heir. Especially that their relationship with Winter is a factor!

I'll have to check out the Splash Park - I hope I've got all the packs required! The photography skill seems very boring to me - I never really played with it in Sims 3 - but if you combine it with Selvadorada and take lots of photos there, it might help build it more quickly. Maybe :) Malcolm has turned up at the clinic every day but one, and that was when his father died. It's probably partly because he has a pet (there are others that turn up regularly) but part of me likes to think that he's a bit obsessed with Lia since she was the one who comforted him after Heath sacked him :lol:

I will be putting Leo up on the Gallery, and the twins, when they reach adulthood. So your 'friend' will be happy :wink: I didn't think he was going to turn out well, based on aging him up in CAS, but it turned out that CAS lied :lol: He's going to stress me out though because I'm afraid to let him near anything that can catch on fire! The kids got through a lot of aspirations because if I took Leo to the park to work on his main social aspiration, I switched the twins aspirations over so that they could work on that as well. I like being able to switch aspirations :smiley:

I've set the age span of the cats long enough so the household pets don't die while I'm controlling that household but I didn't count on strays dying :disappointed: I don't like dealing with Grim (have avoided it all the time I was playing S3) but it looks like I'll have no choice if I want to continue the storyline of the stray animals being welcome in the house. Since Winter is the heir for the cat line, whoever is sim heir has to have a good relationship with her. It will probably end up being Lyric with the best relationship because she has to have a pet friend for her aspiration, which is why I'm leaning towards her as heir at the moment. But Leo is still putting up a fight due to his good looks :lol:
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited March 2021
    @JordanNicoleJJ You make a compelling case lol. I think I'm being too cynical here, but I can't help feeling like they just want as much money out of me as possible. Then again, you're totally right about 5$ equalling a cup of coffee and getting more fun out of new Sims content. I guess I'm worried how many kits they are going to release and how many 5$'s I'm going to have to spend to 'collect 'em all'. Because I understand myself well enough to know that I'm going to want that content in the end lol. So that's where my comparison to the Sims 3 store came from.

On a positive note, I DO like that the kits have a very specific style. Not gonna repeat what you said about that, but I totally agree with that argument. I can see lots of themes in the future where a kit would be more ideal than an entire stuff pack where they merge a bunch of items of which some have nothing to do with that theme. Tiny sidenote: I do hope they add some more hairstyles to future kits, I'm in a constant need of more hairstyles :mrgreen:

Anyway, the collector in me is already budging lol. One of my colleagues who immediately bought all the kits and is sending me pics isn't helping :joy: I'm still apprehensive about the cleaning kit though. I have to admit I absolutely love the adding of mundane tasks like doing laundry and vacuuming to The Sims :yum: But like I said, I get super annoyed by the laundry piles everywhere in the laundry pack. So I'm mostly worried that dust collecting everywhere is going to ruin my fun with the game. I'm really curious how you like it! I did get a video of that colleague of her sim befriending a dust bunny that was adorable, so hnnnnng... so torn :joy:

@MayaRose1138 When you click on this link and then open the specific kits in Origin, you'll see the items that are in the pack. For the build/clothing items it's about 10 things I think? And with a very specific theme. So the clothing is all sporty and the kitchen items are, well, country lol. I bet they're going to release more of them so there might be kits for musical instruments or wedding stuff in the future!
    edited March 2021
    Hi guys! It's my Friday off, which means I had some time to edit my sh**-load of pictures and now I'm ready to unload this massive update onto you all. My apologies in advance because this is going to be a long one...

d8cqbnE.png
    It has been a while since I posted, but last time around Clover grew up from a fussy toddler into a lazy social butterfly. After that, autumn turned my Greene's backyard into a muddy wasteland, so they decided it was high time for a vacation. They rented a nice cabin in Mt. Komorebi for 3 days!

GktXkJG.png
    It was too late to hit the slopes when they arrived, so the family went to an Onsen to unwind.

BL36KRh.png
    Aiyden was so relaxed he quickly fell asleep.

SSKHUAe.png
    But Iris was in a way different mood, something that made Clover very uncomfortable (or so I thought, later I figured out that the water was just filthy lol)

rAsfNhe.png
    Either way, Iris made sure the kids - and everyone else - went home, so she could have her way enjoy some time alone with Aiyden.

WZsArqJ.png
    The next morning the family left for the slopes bright and early. Aiyden bought everyone gear and then it was time!

YXc4IWc.png
    4Lr0nUY.png
    qI1K4nU.jpg
    They had high hopes, but skiing and snowboarding was harder than they thought. There was a lot of falling involved...

AB5XAlV.png
    Except for Clover, who turned out to be quite the natural.

C2EQBWF.png
    Soon, everyone was black and blue though, especially clumsy Iris. It was time for something else.

AtV7DGC.png
    Florian agreed to check out some hiking routes for them to walk.

Xibq4zZ.png
    Meanwhile, Clover consoled her mother who was still a bit sad about her failed skiing attempts.

cH7gicL.png
    The Greenes decided to hike to the ice cave, a beautiful trail in the high mountains.

AZCK12h.png
    Florian was inexplicably sad and kept lagging behind. He tried to enjoy his surroundings but he had a tough time.

MzyRf7s.png
    His family didn't really pay attention to the fact that he wasn't there, they were too busy taking pictures of everything.

gIyq7LY.png
    Thanks to Iris' non-existing map reading skills, they got lost a few times...

FIZAX5S.png
    But they didn't let it deter them.

AWwDVZ9.png
    And finally, the family made it to the ice caves. To my surprise there were a few rocks for Iris' to excavate, which is nice because I'm terribly behind on her aspiration.

XUZw3Jv.png
    Aiyden felt super good about the hike, something that you couldn't tell from the face he made. He looks like he's gonna make someone disappear in those ice caves.

wTRT501.png
    Meanwhile, I thought Florian was still catching up with his family, but apparently he walked all the way back and was now going down the grown-up slope on a raggedy snowboard. It nearly gave me a heart-attack.

n6d44Vl.png
    Seriously kids, don't do this at home!

ikgRvXM.png
    Luckily, he made it down in one piece and before the sun set.

gAQMDMH.png
    He treated himself to a bowl of ramen as a reward for his foolishness bravery.

fm3JGdL.png
    The others rushed back for some local streetfood as well, but unfortunately for them the stall already closed. That'll teach them to leave a child behind :mrgreen:

b12dU1N.png
    It was late when they arrived back at the cabin and after some hotpot, the kids crashed.

Ec1dRrf.png
    Iris and Aiyden did not. They still felt very 'united' from the hike.

7nbYrnD.png
    What happens on Mt. Komorebi...

fhadK3c.jpg
    For their second day of vacation, the Greenes decided on another hike. They were still a bit sore from skiing so this was a friendlier activity. Florian was also in a better mood today.

S4wRpVE.png
    If not somewhat doubtful about the stuff his dad told them along the way...

0cuFlUQ.png
    'Not sure if joking, or just stupid...'

w2yb0gH.png
    They passed the Thousand Leaves Temple and its Ema Board along the way and of course they all made a wish, while Aiyden took pictures.

wtQXZFE.png
    Aiyden was the tour guide this time, but he wasn't much better at map reading than Iris.

WRFfUdT.png
    Eventually, they reached the Cave of Echoes that, well... echoed.

RHjR9oR.png
    I wanted them to end their day with some karaoke and food, and I was certain I sent them to a restaurant/karaoke bar, but the lot turned out to be just a bar. They still had to eat though, so bar food it was.

t0hlwkf.png
    Iris wasn't really pleased with the company of the locals, but Clover was over the moon talking to a Mt. Komorebi native.

C6di8PE.png
    Speaking of Mt. Komorebi natives, we ran into a very pregnant Raven @JordanNicoleJJ. She's living there now so it makes sense.

F7nQchS.png
    EVE was there too, but she was very angry so we cautiously kept our distance. Don't mess with an angry robot.

HK0rWSv.png
    The next day, it was already time to go home, but not before Florian convinced everyone to try a 'real' slope. Apparently, he developed a taste for it...

aI704E3.jpg
    Clover didn't need a lot of convincing, but she was a bit nervous when she went down.

znI1G2z.png
    Aiyden ran off to 'do something else', but Iris did try her luck and gained the Outdoorsy Lifestyle, which I love because it fits her so well.

AqCtFTL.png
    And before I knew it, we were back in Evergreen Harbor and things went back to normal quickly. Florian did laundry, Aiyden hugged his bugs, Bob was being ominous...

4ppA1aL.png
    Iris was always in her garden (Thank God the weather improved)...

kOFf8V4.png
    and Clover finally got to enjoy her new room and the Voidcritter Battle Station.

cULKO3B.png
    There was also a slight remodel of the living room and the Greenes now finally own a TV. I got rid of the fireplace because it didn't really fit their eco friendly home.

j5BMkf1.png
    I'm not sure how to caption this shot, but it's just a nice everyday life picture.

W9uaWd0.png
    Oh, my little angel Florian is going through a phase. He's still an angel, just a bit of a loud one.

8kv5bij.png
    As for that fire inside, it did die fairly quickly when he waltzed into the bathroom while his sister was having a bath. Florian was quiet and mortified for the rest of the day.

azmRZgB.png
    Clover was mostly amused by the situation and immediately wrote it down to remember forever.

Iqwoerv.png
    To my annoyance, the rain returned within a few days and the family was stuck inside again.

B3nbniR.png
    They don't seem to mind as much as I do though, they're really good at entertaining themselves.

7KStaML.png
    Do you remember me saying Clover was going to be a total daddy's girl? Well, that was a accurate prediction. I think it's adorable they're BFF's.

dnfW4fB.png
    But it did almost make for a real tragedy, when Aiyden caught fire from fixing the dryer immediately afterward.

kRfvSpA.png
    Clover: 'Yes, hello, 911? My daddy is on fire and we just became besties forever, so can you please come over and make sure he doesn't die on me? Thank you!'

K5rjF9G.png
    The firemen never came, but Iris was there to save the day. Phew. For a bit, I was sure Aiyden was a goner.

bZLdrtc.png
    He did feel a bit woozy, even after a shower, but he was happy to be alive and very appreciative of his hero wife.

c7gecqB.png
    Aiyden tried to rest the rest of the day, but Clover refused to leave his side.

7Y28wrd.png
    So Iris shoo'ed them out of the house to go play in the nearby town of Willow Creek. (Not at all because I needed to boost Clover's social skills)

ZrjEXRw.png
    No caption, I just love kids playing on the pirate ship.

18UeFlh.jpg
    I thought this miserable looking teen was going to play with Clover and Florian, but he just wanted to complain about his problems.

ejnSD4U.jpg
    Soon they were joined by other kids their age though, and they had an awesome time.

pD4svBy.png
    Clover made a lot of new friends and maxed her social skill.

OOJvMha.jpg
    She was so much in her element that I felt kinda bad there's no playground in Evergreen Harbor.

gXCqBxb.png
    I guess Iris' really missed her kids? :lol: I think this is a bug. I figured it meant it was time to go home.

Zek58vk.jpg
    Clover wasn't pleased that she couldn't stay.

FOxKWQ6.png
    She did, however, befriend the monster under her bed that night. So I'd say the day was a success.

uGlFo7H.png
    And of course, she immediately had to commemorate the moment. Seriously, this is the first sim child I've had that writes in her diary this often.

OK, I'm gonna end with this. I have more pictures to share but I don't want to flood the threat so I'll save them for a next post :wink: I have a question though! Are my pictures too wide for any of you? I play on a huge screen and I just noticed that as a result, my screenshots are really wide too. I'm not sure if that makes a difference when you view them, but if so, I'm gonna check if I can change the settings for capturing screen shots.
    Post edited by Francisca464 on
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I have a little update that I figured I would try and get out before I forget! I am not sure if I mentioned it before but @Heckstress17 Miles and Ainsley are Lychee's neighbors at the apartment building.
    f94cfa71b2.jpg

As you can see Ainsley is very, very pregnant and I had to peek! She is expecting a little girl, who I am hoping can be friends with the twins ♥
    4184d3d210.jpg

I intentionally kept the girls as babies for as long as possible to help build up their relationships with Dylan and Lychee.
    576087c66c.jpg

Eventually, though they aged up on their own (I still laugh at this every time I manage to get a picture of it :lol: )
    a4e13299f8.jpg

Dori got the Charmer trait and Nemo got Inquisitive which I think is pretty fitting ;)
    ba8f1465f1.jpg

Meanwhile the neighborhood is really starting to change
    613fe198d5.png

66415a4f1d.png

Even though Dori is the charmer little Nemo definitely tries to show and get love where he cane.
    bb79bac6cb.jpg

Even Tuna loves him ♥
    e4eb73ecf1.jpg

I have updated the family tree and all the next gen kiddos are so cuuuute I can't
    54d56e88cc.png

Anyways thats it for me, for now. Happy Simming!
    @Francisca464 - thanks for the information on the new kits! After having a look at them, I've definitely decided I don't need them at the moment but I'm going to be interested to see how they go in other games!

Wow, that was a long update! It was lovely to see your family in the snow - my update is going to be there as well! It's funny that Clover was the best out of the family at snowboarding :). Hilarious that Florian disappeared from the hike and no-one seemed to realise :D Leo is going through a loud phase too at the moment - not fun when I'm trying to get him be romantic!!! I'm glad Aiyden didn't die from the laundry fire; I am definitely not getting that pack at the moment given the danger :D.

@OJenn - cute update! It looks like each of the twins takes after a different parent, so it will be interesting to see as they get older who they resemble the most!
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.16

It seems that Ivy is well and truly out of the running for heir - Winter can't stand the violin!
    02-27-21_4-26-09-pm.png

Luckily, Lyric was on hand to calm her down with some petting, then some tummy rubs.
    02-27-21_4-27-03-pm.png
    02-27-21_4-29-40-pm.png

Lyric was the last of the teens to try cooking and unsurprisingly, she also picked to do grilled cheese :) Fortunately, no-one has yet set the stove on fire!!
    02-27-21_4-52-32-pm.png

Here is Malcolm insulting Heath. This doesn't happen too often but it doesn't help matters between the two. Incidentally, Malcolm had finally realised that he wasn't going to get Lia and married Elaine Selby, who has a child - Ernesto - by Rory Austin :D.
    02-28-21_2-23-51-pm.png

Opening hours at the clinic run over again, so the teens had to do their homework in the back room. Don't know why Lyric seems to be in her active wear a lot of the time, except for the fact that she's an active sim.
    02-28-21_2-34-13-pm.png

Ivy is the first one out of the twins who has autonomously tried knitting but she didn't finish it because she was interrupted by her parent's birthdays! No makeover pics because nothing much changed except that Heath now has a beard :)
    02-28-21_2-59-44-pm.png
    02-28-21_2-47-22-pm.png
    02-28-21_2-48-02-pm.png

Then it was time to leave for Mt Komorebi. They arrived just in time for the Festival of Light and of course had to get matching outfits!
    02-28-21_3-22-42-pm.png

They tried out taiyaki, then the teens got selfies with Yamachan!
    02-28-21_3-25-20-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-31-13-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-29-46-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-31-56-pm.png

Then they spent some time around the fire, warming up since it was almost wintertime.
    02-28-21_3-32-41-pm.png

The twins tried their hand at fire dancing and failed! Lia, however, was a natural :D
    02-28-21_3-33-17-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-33-37-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-34-31-pm.png

The girls also made a wish at the tree, and Lyric got some Simmi capsules (one of which got stuck) before heading back to the cabin.
    02-28-21_3-35-59-pm.png
    02-28-21_3-37-22-pm.png

The cats came with them and continued to prove that there's no such thing as privacy :lol:
    02-28-21_3-12-53-pm.png

The next morning, it was time for a breakfast of pancakes before hitting the slopes. Lia, in fact, ran off by herself before everyone was finished!!
    02-28-21_4-41-45-pm.png

Everyone had a try at either snowboarding or skiing...
    02-28-21_4-50-53-pm.png
    02-28-21_4-44-06-pm.png
    02-28-21_4-52-35-pm.png
    02-28-21_4-53-36-pm.png
    02-28-21_4-54-50-pm.png

...and there were a fair number of spills :D As you can see, Ivy gave up on snowboarding after her fall!
    02-28-21_4-59-10-pm.png
    03-04-21_2-54-13-pm.png
    02-28-21_4-56-41-pm.png

Lyric, being active, continued on until she was aching and sore, but managed to learn how to do some tricks.
    02-28-21_4-59-49-pm.png
    This is part 1 of their snowy holiday - I took a lot of pictures :). I tried to get them to do a bit of everything but ran out of time to go hiking, so I think I'll take them back for the next weekend, although Leo will be an adult by then. Depending on how things go, he may even get married there, if his relationship with Brooke works out!!

Updates on townspeople: Clara Austin's daughter Lyla aged up to child, and Clara is pregnant again, this time to her husband! And her cousin Emilia is pregnant too!
    02-28-21_5-12-10-pm.png

And this is Fawn and Jonas's second boy, Kayden.
    02-27-21_4-41-39-pm.png
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I wish I had replied to your updates already but uni life is back in full force and it's preventing me from finding the time to sit down and type as much as I would like :bawling: ... if that wasn't enough, my babysitting hours have increased and I'm also giving tutoring hours to a couple of kids, making me twice as busy as before. I'll post my update first, since it's already been 2 weeks from the last one. But I PROMISE I'll be back to catch up and reply to all of your juicy posts in 24 hours <3 the weekend's being nice to me.
    If things stay this hectic till June, I'll probably only have the weekends to update, read and reply :s

Evergreen Harbor: Generation 3 | Update 2
    (aka. making progress!)

Ever since he came back to Port Promise, River's been working super hard on cleaning up the place and encourage the community to behave in an eco-friendlier manner.

ySxtWbv.png

IeEOibj.png

He's also been teaching those who litter the place a lesson :joy: whenever he spots somebody throwing trash in the streets, he's there to show them they better reconsider their behavior.

GkBs7dA.png

After many hours spent in front of a mirror grinding the debate skill, Thalia's completed her uni aspiration.

62Y2zDl.png

And she's already reached the top of her career too! She's bringing home some nice cash every single day. They'll swim in money in no time, really. It's a nice way to justify them living in this huge house lol.

XfULGb8.png

River & Thalias have also been visiting Batuu a lot, lately, to finish some missions they had accepted and completely forgot about lol. They love lightsaber fights and I too can't get enough of them.

lCqLTs8.png

tfaO2OH.png

One hot Batuu afternoon, Thalia received this sort of call out of the blue! I was so not prepared for something like this for them, but... I mean... :smirk: a wedding AND free money??? Bring it.

LZ0weRH.png

Thalia rushed to tell River.
    T: "You wouldn't believe the kind of call I just got! And from a ghost too!"

5vAqPkB.png

River decided that this was probably a signal from the universe or something :joy: and he dropped on his knees.

kLhvhqi.png

And Thalia took it well, to say the least :joy:

tXXDzfb.png

There was no point waiting any longer.

M0pOdH1.png

6f9qV5L.png

They may have rushed this wedding thing, but it was kinda fun and different from the sort of gameplay I'm used to lol. Besides, it's not like they're not already madly in love.

1QLYg4D.png

HKjk3xv.png

Their honeymoon consisted of a much longer Batuu vacation (but with no missions this time) and several trips to outer space with Thalia's rocket.

HsjksH7.png

snFY7Vd.png

Then, River finally saw his hard work being paid off.

zZvT9VU.png

He also completed his Friend of the World aspiration and I decided that it was time to think about this new adult chapter in his life. River's a grown man now and he's ready to start a family, whenever Thalia feels like it.

tHo2Tzp.png

It was kinda fun, tho, seeing his old single lifestyle conflict with the life of a newlywed :joy::joy::joy: he had this moodlet for a while before he lost the single lifestyle for good.

V3x8bvO.png

With Port Promise getting greener and them growing older by the day, Thalia decided to ask River if he was ready to start a family and put the two nurseries to good use.

ThCiva4.png

... unfortunately, the first few tries didn't go well.

kbanqle.png

One night, tho, instead of waking up in a cloud of confetti, Thalia jumped out of bed feeling super sick and at least two or three pounds heavier :joy:

7yaZtd2.png

After a pregnancy test to confirm that it wasn't just too many slices of pizza, Thalia learned that she was indeed expecting.

jRmte1p.png

She couldn't wait to share the big news with her now bff Kaori and showed off her baby bump at the Spice Festival. Also, twinnin' outfits :tongue:

8S1a9uY.png

Kaori was so excited for them and couldn't wait for her little Ren to meet his first cousin <3

6RcGZH6.png

Unfortunately, I don't have many belly rub pics to share, but I assure you that River couldn't wait to become a father.

ypiohCz.png

Thalia went into labor a few hours after River was off to work and, since he was about to get his promotion, didn't want him to lose that chance to rush back home.

Uu0AlyO.png

Instead of traveling to the nearest hospital, she headed upstairs and gave birth all by herself to a healthy baby girl <3

x79n5ie.png

IO6rX33.png

River came back home with that much-needed promotion AND in full panic mode for realizing what his wife had just done :joy:
    R: "You're telling me that you gave birth here all alone??? Not even a doctor???? Not one text message?????????" :joy:

mXjqf8b.png

Thank god Plopsy was there so that he could bring home a present for Stella <3

6Ynwfuw.png

The next day, River invited Ryder and Kaori over for lunch, so that they could meet their little one.
    Ryder fell in love with his little niece on the spot <3

aOY8zAX.png

gUZ3LyH.png

Kaori brought a surprise too lol xD

Fkmji31.png

It's definitely fun seeing these two fully immersed in their mom roles :joy: they're definitely enthusiastic about having kiddos around the same age, so that they can grow up close and bond throughout the years.

lH9LEjC.png

... Thalia will definitely surpass Kaori, tho, as Kaori's probably going to have two kids only.

IGnuQ7S.png

That's all for now <3 I'll post more in a week!
    But I'll leave you with Kaori bringing home from the hospital her baby girl Hana and Ren being super duper happy of having a little sister <3

OodKezq.png

w3jECZu.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    @MayaRose1138 - Poor Ivy is still in the learning phase it seems and Winter has spoken :lol: Happy birthday to Heath and Lia! I do like Heath with his beard he looks a tad older and distinguished with it. Everyone looked like they had a great time in Mt. Komorebi.

@kiwicantdie - Wow you're plate is totally overflowing IRL, I hope you can find some time to relax too.

River is not messing around about cleaning things up, roughing up the neighbors is one way to go about it. Congrats to Thalia on completing her aspiration. I think the wedding was perfectly timed especially since Thalia and River are made for each other. Hooray for single births! I can't wait to see how Stella turns out especially with such amazing parents!
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    OMG I was typing my comments and I lost them! I'm suddenly pining for that notebook I used to write my comments in first! They never got lost! Anyways...

I was saying that I too am a bit torn on the kits. I love getting new content and I feel like @JordanNicoleJJ gave a very good review and I find I agree with her assessments. I'm starting with just the Country Kitchen one. The cleaning one looks interesting, but I'm worried about how much cleaning I would have to do in game and if those dust bunnies get annoying and honestly if I'm cleaning my sim house I'm gonna feel guilty about not cleaning my real house!

@Francisca464 I don't think I can ever forgive you for posting this amazingly long update! <settles in happily with a cup of coffee> I am really annoyed I lost my comments that I already wrote to you! Your post instantly reminded me I still haven't gone to Mt. Komorebi yet! I was waiting for them to finish University and then they had triplets! Argh!! Your comments about the Onsen made me laugh :) Oh it's cool you buy their gear from a vending machine. I was wondering about that. That's fun. The snow boarding pictures are fun, look at Clover go! Poor Iris though. I love the hiking pictures, but again poor Iris. She looks so confused. So confused she forgot about a child! I'm glad everyone made it home in the evening. What happens on Mt. Komorebi...let's hope it stays in Mt. Komorebi ;) Aww I love day 2 with the hike. The wishing wall looked fun and the echo caves :) Oh my! I wonder why Eve was angry!! Oh I love the new living room. It looks so fresh! I'm so glad Iris was able to save Aiyden! He does seem cursed in this game! I'm glad he wasn't a goner!! It's so sweet that Clover was glued to her Daddy's side after his accident. Huh...I think that's the university phone call from Mom. Weird that Clover got it already! I love that she writes in her diary so much. I love Clover! Also I think you screen shots look fine. I'm happy with them :)

@OJenn Oh it's so fun that @Heckstress17 's sims are Lychee's neighbor! Haha I love when the nooboos age up like that! My triplets did the same thing. I wasn't aging them up because Sawyer and Lucias had another baby and I didn't want the boys to age up before Lachlan's new baby sister did! What a great set of traits they got! They're so cute and sweet. Especially when they're interacting with Tuna!

@MayaRose1138 Oh no! Poor Ivy! Maybe Winter will like it better when Ivy gets better! Though what am I saying?? I'm team Leo!! Oh how fortunate none of your teens have tried to burn down the house!! Oh my! I can't wait to see Heath with a beard! I like that you had them all dress for their vacation. Oh Heath looks very good of course :) It looks like they're having a lot of fun up there!

@Kiwicantdie Aww River looks so cute and earnest trying to get people to see things his way. Oh wow! I've never seen a sim litter! I need to get out more! Oh congrats Thalia! I'm glad she was able to complete her aspiration! I'm so happy you've taken us to Batuu with you. I am going to get the pack eventually but I'm going to wait for it to be on sale. I've never gotten a sim game when it was actually on sale. I'm too needy. Ooo! I can't wait to see if you get the money! Sawyer never got his deposit!! Oh haha yeah that must have been rough for awhile with his lifestyle choice. I like it though! Even though I was really annoyed when my Thalia went through that. She had some lifestyle where she only wanted a few close friends. Basically Lachlan and David but then she started making friends with his sisters and his parents and she was quite stressed for a time. Oh how lucky! Only one! Congrats on that sweet baby girl :) Awww Ryder's face looking at his niece. Too sweet. Hooray another one! How fun that there will be cousins to grow up with.
    MALCOLM KILLED LIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Lia was working at the clinic, in a playful mood, when Malcolm came in. I wasn’t paying attention to them because Heath was treating a patient, but all of a sudden I got the message that Lia was dying from laughter!

I quit without saving because, NO. Malcolm does not get that to do that to my founder, and I was not going to have Grim come to the clinic and disrupt everything! So Malcolm is in the bad books now, even if he’s not aware of what he did 😡.
    @MayaRose1138 Oh no! Poor Ivy! Maybe Winter will like it better when Ivy gets better! Though what am I saying?? I'm team Leo!! Oh how fortunate none of your teens have tried to burn down the house!! Oh my! I can't wait to see Heath with a beard! I like that you had them all dress for their vacation. Oh Heath looks very good of course :) It looks like they're having a lot of fun up there! with :)

I took a picture of Heath especially for you that should appear in one of the next two updates 😏. Winter really doesn’t like music - she gets annoyed every time Ivy gets the guitar or violin out - so I don’t think that’s going to change 🤣. I love that you’re team Leo but I have to say, he is lagging behind in my criteria at the moment...
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - Poor Ivy is still in the learning phase it seems and Winter has spoken :lol: Happy birthday to Heath and Lia! I do like Heath with his beard he looks a tad older and distinguished with it. Everyone looked like they had a great time in Mt. Komorebi.

Apart from some aches and pain, I think everyone did have a good time. I was disappointed that the Festival of Snow wasn’t happening that weekend though, so they’ll definitely have to go back this weekend.

@Kiwicantdie - I love the lightsaber fights on Batuu! It looks like Thalia just has the edge in them 😂. Quickie wedding, yay! Did they get any money? Well done to Thalia reaching the top of her career! Now she’ll have more hours to be with her kids. How many kids are you planning for them to have? I like the name Stella; space names are going to be so cute! I can’t wait to see what she looks like as a toddler 😆. Yay for Ryder and Kaori having another nooboo!
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 1.17

Part 2 of the Mt Komorebi update :). After all the skiing and snowboarding, a trip to the hot springs was on the menu. They originally got in when the water was dirty, which wasn't the best. Typical teenager, on the phone even in water!
    03-04-21_3-00-35-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-00-59-pm.png

Then Heath worked out how to clean it, so he did that and they got back in again. Lyric decided this would be a perfect time to start knitting :lol: (she knitted an imperfect pink beanie that was presumably soaking wet!)
    03-04-21_3-06-34-pm.png

After lunch, they headed back to the ski lift but it wasn't the right day for the Festival of Snow :(. Still, the teens had some fun taking selfies and trying new food.
    03-04-21_3-22-44-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-24-59-pm.png

When they went back to the hot springs later, they found some teens there. There were three of them, all foster children of the Pancakes family, and they had also come to the snow for the weekend. Leo found himself talking to Brooke, Ivy to William and Lyric to Alec.
    03-04-21_3-31-48-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-36-53-pm.png

For a geek, Leo was actually quite smooth putting the moves on Brooke :)
    03-04-21_3-39-43-pm.png

The whole group then decided to make some snowpals (I thought they would just build the one but it turns out, everyone built one!)
    03-04-21_3-46-52-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-49-47-pm.png

Lyric found herself really liking Alec and by the time she had to go home, they'd had their first kiss and were going steady :love:
    03-04-21_3-49-38-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-51-55-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-54-56-pm.png

Leo continued to charm Brooke as well, and they started going steady after their first kiss :kissing_closed_eyes:
    03-04-21_3-50-18-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-52-48-pm.png
    03-04-21_3-53-48-pm.png

Unfortunately, Ivy had to go home early (as she became hysterical) so she didn't get that far with William. Lia and Heath, though they appeared not to be looking, remained so they could subtly chaperone their children :lol:
    03-04-21_3-56-38-pm.png

The cats enjoyed their holiday too, usually sleeping near the radiators or the fire.
    03-05-21_3-40-29-pm.png

The next morning, the family shared their last breakfast together at their lovely cabin.
    03-05-21_3-46-04-pm.png

Then it was off for some beginner's rock climbing. The teens all had fun but Lia and Heath decided against it, preferring to just sit and watch. (I did line them up to try but they both cancelled their actions, so I let them be).
    03-05-21_3-49-56-pm.png
    03-05-21_3-52-11-pm.png
    03-05-21_3-53-14-pm.png

After that, the teens headed to the slopes for some more skiing/snowboarding. Lyric tried her hand at snowboarding, then decided skiing was for her and she headed to the intermediate slopes. Ivy joined her, but Leo stuck with the easy slopes.
    03-05-21_3-56-41-pm.png
    03-05-21_3-57-19-pm.png
    03-05-21_4-03-25-pm.png
    03-05-21_4-04-15-pm.png

Then it was on to some sledding on the bunny slopes :)
    03-05-21_4-29-06-pm.png
    03-05-21_4-29-58-pm.png

Before they left, everyone went to the Festival of Youth. There wasn't much to do but the teens tried some ice-cream...
    03-05-21_4-15-07-pm.png

...before Lyric almost got herself killed by the vending machine landing on her! Here she is, straight afterwards. (My heart was in my throat during this and I forgot to screenshot!)
    03-05-21_4-20-54-pm.png

Between the three of them, the teens managed to get 10 of the 12 Simmi capsules, plus one golden one.
    03-05-21_4-38-01-pm.png
    03-05-21_4-38-18-pm.png
    Well, I almost lost one of my potential heirs! I'd forgotten about the crushing vending machines, so when it fell on Lyric, I thought she was a goner. Fortunately, she was only a little squashed :lol:

After the romantic interlude, Lyric and Alec reached halfway on their friendship and romance bars, whereas Leo and Brooke were only about a third. Now the question will be, who will get the rest of the way before the week is up? I know where they're at by Tuesday ;)
  • WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    @OJenn that's so cool! I'm an INFJ and so is my flatmate :D We're supposed to be really rare but somehow I tend to find most of them =)

I've played A LOT. Like seriously. I really hope you remember in any way where I left off the last time. Work was stressing me out so much, I didn't even have the time and energy to comment on your updates. At least I settled in nicely, so I should be more active in the future <3

Generation 3
    Chapter 2

Life had been stressful for Thalia and Henry. Most of the time they actually spend together, they were studying.
    uSLMVzx.png
    nCsFfaw.png

Still, Henry focused on yoga and other hobbies.
    I9vYYvp.png
    4mzRmJu.png
    ve5xQPC.png

My heir also had a few visitors.
    o6bTtXy.png
    7EZODoq.png

These are Cindy and Denzel, the twins of Helena and Brooks.
    Of course, Helena had to tell her older brother the joy that kids can bring.
    yyJZkUU.png

I hope you're good at guessing because this girl also showed up. Any ideas who this kid belongs to?
    Mn8Nokq.png

Caitlyn is the daughter of Layla and Samuel :)
    JkHiS6j.png

Thalia was throwing glances like this towards Henry ever since his nieces and nephew had visited.
    xKxCuS8.png

Then it was time for Thalia's birthday. She is much older than Henry, still enrolled in university (she started rather late). Of course, Henry showed her how much he adored her.
    MWcgjZ3.png
    taMD1Vo.png

I also followed Henry a few times to the secret club. It was rather boring as they basically just talk next to this stone and leave food or other stuff in the hope of goodwill from the fairies.
    Dv54jym.png
    yTl8R6z.png

After a century, Henry finally graduated (overall with A-).
    p1yhRr5.png

His family came over to congratulate him. Zeke also aged into an elder and I have to say he is still handsome.
    0XybAQL.png
    Pw5ju5b.png
    OocOr9G.png
    GtK6k0i.png

All his success and motivational state made him more eager to let Thalia know how much he still adored her.
    rJhYjTy.png

Of course there was only more one logical step :D
    xh8vXPn.png
    FOjoUsA.png

Kaori invited them both to her hometown but I forgot to take some pictures.
    I do however have a few (important) ones.
    First, we met a familiar face <3
    UiSzCur.png

Thalia had some fun with the mascot while Henry decided to make a wish, which Thalia thought was a good idea as well.
    MnCkLud.png
    UocSwj5.png
    0GqZKeu.png

Henry got really flirtious :D
    O7leHHB.png

So yeah, they decided they don't need a long engagement or a big ceremony and sealed the deal right then and there.
    tY0F824.png
    fovQKz7.png
    bTwbEdq.png

Back home, they threw a small party. Henry's family came over plus Kaori.
    I have no idea what Zeke had said to Helena but that shows their typical previous life I guess :D
    6baHDVh.png

Also, Diana came over in her swimwear and showed her huge belly! (Spoiler: She's pregnant with Jordan Porter's kid)
    gsENysq.png

I spotted Emilia with Kaori smiling like idiots (another spoiler: their romance bar is kinda high so they must have hocked up at one point)
    wIGTkT7.png

Cindy and Denzel also already aged into teens.
    ok6Bura.png
    VKxgl78.png

But overall it was a successful event ;)
    CZVFLJz.png
    6Kykh7u.png
    cSg4J6I.png
    DhcVhAz.png

Believe it or not but I've played even further. Another update is basically around the corner :D
    Thalia is at least closer to graduation day while Henry started his career in education. As Thalia is already an adult, I have to be faster with nooboos (as Henry took is fricking time before they eventually started dating).
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    edited March 2021
    Rebuilding Evergreen Generation 1

Hi everyone! I started this the other night and finally just finished building the house. I went with plan b and I found it difficult but I'm not much a builder myself so this really pushed me. Thankful for a floor plan! So far I've built the house (still need to furnish it), Aiyden got a job as an Eco-tech Scientist and Iris as a Medical Specialist. I chose Evergreen Harbor because I've never played there before or barely used much of the items. So I'm excited to start! I'm slowly going through the thread reading everyone's game play and will hopefully be soon caught up.

I gave the Greene's a makeover.
    03-08-21_8-35-46-pm.png
    03-08-21_8-35-59-pm.png

There such a cute couple! I cannot wait to play with them.
    03-08-21_8-42-01-pm.png

Here is the outside of the house.
    03-09-21_9-25-02-am.png

Lastly the floor plan recreation.
    03-09-21_9-25-28-am.png
    03-09-21_9-25-17-am.png
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hey guys. I'm sorry I've been away for so long. It's not intentional. Quite honestly my life has more or less imploded and I'm trying to pick up the pieces. I'll be back when I can. <3 you guys!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @MayaRose1138 - Lyric in the hot tub knitting and then casually starting to knit is absolutely hilarious. I guess she was comfortable in there :lol: You can never have too many snowmen it's actually cute how each one turned out differently. Lyric and Alec make a great looking couple and I suppose it helps that he looks absolutely smitten with her too. I love that everyone is paired up too! OMG I am so glad you saved Lyric from the vending machine of doom.

@Wentcrazy - You know I've heard we're rare too but I know quite a few of us INFJs too lol

Thalia and Henry look so relaxed around each other, I suppose a couple that studies together stays together, right? ♥ I think Thalia was getting baby fever with all of Henry's nieces and nephews about :lol: Happy birthday to Thalia and congrats to Henry on his degree and getting a yes from Thalia on his proposal!! And you're right Zeke is definitely still very handsome. I'm so excited to see how the nooboo turns out as well, Thalia looks thrilled to be pregnant.

@Luclylu - Hooray! I love the makeover you gave the Greene's it's always so neat to see how everyone re-imagines them. I think you did great on the house too. Floor plans are my saving grace :lol: and the only way I can build anything these days

@Heckstress17 - Uh oh I hope everything is alright ♥ sending you lots of love
    Here for some proper comments, finally!

@MayaRose1138 Aww not a pet death :confused: Of course Grim made it weird by sticking around. Ah sunny Sulani! The girls look like they enjoyed their relaxing vacay. Ooo I like the idea of Leo and Kaori together, they'd make a cute couple! LOL that pic of Winter arching her back at Ivy's violin skills - too funny :lol: Lol the matching outfits - such tourists :wink: I haven't seen that festival yet - it looks fun! That wish tree is so cool! I have to send my sims to that festival sometime. Lyric is too funny - on her phone and knitting in the onsen, definitely not appropriate :lol:
    Oooo look at the teens making teen friends...I wonder if any romances will spark there :wink: LOL the army of snowpals :lol: Alec and Lyric make such a cute couple! Brooke and Leo are pretty cute too, who knew Leo would be quite the charmer. Is that icecream actually in the game or is it a graphics mod/custom content?? It looks way more real than the icecream that came with Cool Kitchen Stuff lol.

@debjameswhite Of course Thalia got right back to working out after she gave birth - that's just like Thalia in my game :lol: Lachlan is like, SCARY muscular - his arms are bigger than his head :flushed: Omg look at all of those gnomes!! Congrats on all of those A+'s! Awww the triplets are so cute :love: I can already see so much of Thalia in them and I love it!

@OJenn I looove that Lychee spends time with her last fishing club buddy, especially since it's Kaori :blush: Omg what an eventful New Years - new year, new baby :smiley: They are the cutest family omg (especially Tuna :heart: ) AHHH twins!! Hey...at least bunk beds are coming to the game soon :sweat_smile: Miles and Ainsley are expecting - yay!! She'll make a great playmate for the twins :smile: Aww I love the toddler traits they rolled - and they're so adorable!! Especially the pics of Nemo and Tuna :heart:

@Francisca464 Eeeeep an update :smiley: No need to apologize for the big update - I love big updates! Oo look at the Greenes enjoying a proper Komorebi meal! And the onsen! Poor Clover..I had no idea the onsen water could get dirty?? Oof that poor family lol, skiing is not their thing :lol: Except Clover - what a natural! I keep forgetting about the hiking trail in the mountains - I've gotta have my sims do that sometime, it's beautiful! :love: AHH Florian!! What a little daredevil - going down the adult slopes so late at night, the family nowhere around :grimace: Glad to see Aiyden & Iris are still so in love :blush: I wonder if that vacay woohoo will lead to anymore little Greenes? :wink: They look like such tourists, Aiyden taking a pic of them writing their wishes :lol: That's totally me on vacay though lol. Eeeep Raven's preggo!!! And omg Eve does look terrifyingly angry :flushed: Look at those kids - they've gotten so much better at skiing in just one short day! Iris...well...we all know she's clumsy :lol: But the outdoorsy lifestyle is literally perfect for her. Ah sweet Evergreen Harbor, everyone looks so refreshed & happy to be back. The living room looks great! I agree a tv is more useful and probably more eco-friendly than the fireplace lol. The house seriously looks so good!! All the greenery and solar panels are perfect. The kids have the right idea - I love reading a good book on a rainy day :blush: awww I'm so happy Clover and Aiyden are bffs, that's so sweet! Oh that dryer fire was not so sweet :grimace: I can't help but laugh at Clover's 911 call though :lol::lol: Congrats to Clover for maxing her social skill & making all those friends - even befriending the bed monster, what a little socialite! As for your pics, I've always liked the wide screenshots! They are wider than normal, but the forum automatically resizes them to fit so they load fine. Sometimes text is a bit small, but I just click on the pic to see the full size and then I can read it fine :smile:

@Kiwicantdie "Encourage".....suuuure that's what River's doing...definitely not "violent coercion" or anything :sweat_smile: Congrats to Thalia on completing her aspiration! Your Thalia is the coolest - what a bad a** interstellar smuggler :sunglasses: You're killing me with the cool lightsaber battle pics, stop making me want to actually use the star wars pack :tired_face::joy: AHHH YESSS finally engaged!!! :smiley: And what a perfect engagement/elopement spot - the very same place River realized his feelings for her :love: Plus that sweet sweet inheritance money will help renovate the house lol. I'm surprised Evergreen Harbor is getting "greener" with all those rocket fumes :wink: AHHH NOOBOO ON THE WAY :smiley: She and Kaori twinning at the spice festival was too cute, I love them so much. Of course Thalia didn't even call River to tell him she gave birth, gotta get that promotion to afford more babies :sweat_smile: Stella is the cutest lil thing, the knitted onesies were a much-needed update to babies lol. Eeeep and Kaori's expecting again, yay! Also I'm so glad its a girl so Stella will have a cute lil girl cousin to grow up with :blush: Ren is the cutest tod tho, look at him being so happy to have a sister :love:

@Wentcrazy I was so happy to see you posted an update, I've been missing your fam :smile: Henry must be good at time-management to be able to have so many hobbies while still in uni, I know my sims rarely have a "life" outside of uni :lol: The nieces/nephews are all so cute! Your fam has such good genes. Congrats to Henry for graduating with an A!! That grad pic of Henry is so good, what a handsome sim! He definitely gets it from his father, who is clearly aging like fine wine :smirk: And they're engaged - finally!! I haven't seen the light festival this whole time and now two people have had it in their updates - it looks awesome!! I just have to check it out next time it pops up. I totally don't blame them for eloping, they need to get to making babiesss :tongue: I can't wait for the next update!!

@Luclylu I loved your first update! Your Aiyden and Iris are soooo cute. The cc skin + eyes are gorgeous :love: Omg the pic of them kissing in front of the empty, smoggy lot is just perfect. The house looks AMAZING! I can't wait to see how you furnish it :smiley:

@Heckstress17 I'm sorry to hear you're struggling right now *hugs* I'm sending good vibes your way, I hope things start to look up soon! Until then just take care of yourself, we'll still be here when you have the energy to devote to sims :heart:

Now I'm going to hop in-game and play some more! I haven't had a lot of time to play this week but it's now my "weekend" so I'm going to take advantage lol. Hopefully I'll have enough pics to post an update by friday, but if not, I'll shoot for next week :smile:
    Hooooo boy. I just played for less than 1 hour and encountered so many bugs I may have to wait til the next patch to play again :grimace: My sims can't maintain actions - for example, Owen started doing his homework, then the action canceled out after like 5 sim minutes. Same with Piper trying to watch tv - turned it on, watched for maybe 10 mins, canceled out. On top of that, Piper is a hot mess because of her lifestyles - despite having been at work ALL DAY, she comes home with a Tense "from not being at work" moodlet (or something like that) and another Tense moodlet due to her Close-Knit relationship lifestyle which she NO LONGER HAS because she has too many friends apparently? But she's still getting negative moodlets from it?? And the worst...Bust the Dust is definitely broken lol. Ten in-game minutes after loading, there are two dust bunnies in the apartment. I got a couple hundred simoleons for no reason?? Didn't even ask them to "find me treasure" or whatever the option is, just free money in my sims bank account. Owen goes to vacuum the bunnies (cause he's Neat) and it spawns more dust. Anytime he vacuumed a dust pile, 1-2 more dust piles spawned. The only way to get rid of them was to pick up and "throw away" the dust. Which is annoying and lame because I want to use the new vacuums! Lordy I am stressed lol. Me rn:
    03-09-21_10-09-22-pm.png
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Finally back to comment! *pants* :triumph:
    I'm so sorry it's taking me so long to get back at you, but I have so so many classes this last semester of mine make TS4 University look like a walk in the park :joy::bawling:

@debjameswhite I missed so many updates from you omg. Thalia and Lachlan's wintery date at the café was so cute <3 especially because we fell alseep :joy::joy::joy: Computer Science definitely fit Lachlan so well! Also, kudos for all the scholarships!! Aaahw look at him and dad enjoying their time together <3 (why does Lachlan look older than his dad???? :joy: I'll never know lol) yay for the New Year party! You had so many sims over while Lachlan and Thalia were off to their own love land :joy: Lol I can't believe it might have been David to ask Thalia to move in! ... of course she had to set herself on fire right away *facepalm* aaaaah never gift back what a sim just gifted, I swear they know every time! They're going to be so upset!! The proposal was super cute, I loved all of it, even Lachlan's mom pretending not to see lol. I really appreciate Lachlan's purple tiny speedos lol :smirk: OMG!! A NOOBOO on the way?? I'm positive it'll be twins lol prove me wrong! It's funny that your Thalia kept working out like usual even in your game :joy: she definitely got ripped in mine all the way through her last trimester. !!!!!!! I KNEW IT. I knew it was twins, but I wasn't expecting triplets!! my condolances congrats! :sweat_smile: -- is it just me, or is Lachlan getting more and more ripped??? Back to the twins :joy: it's really wild seeing three identical twins!! I almost always get fraternal twins, identical ones are so rare!

@OJenn Lychee's one adorable sim for sure <3 I can't believe I didn't even get to enjoy her childhood years and yet I'm so fond of her. She and Dylan look really good together! OMG a baby bump already!! YES! Of course it had to be twins lol :joy::joy::joy: welcome, little Dory & Nemo :joy: (nice names!) - it's cute that Ainsley's preggo over there in your game. I also love that the twins have different genetics :3

@JordanNicoleJJ aaaahw Owen's such a cutie :bawling: Look at Miss Kitty sleeping next him and his potty lol. I'm sure they bonded over being the babies of the house. Lol the whole thing with Melrose, Owen and Piper just had me laughing for the entire evening :joy::joy: what happened??? Must be the erratic trait, for sure. The family dinner out at a restaurant was so nice to see, but the proposal was the cherry on top!! It looked so perfect :heart: the snow is so pretty in that neighborhood! I love Piper playing with Owen in the snow and Miss Kitty joining the fun 'cause she always has to be the center of attention lol. That sky tho!!! I'm speechless, I've never seen it in my game! Aaahw Thad graduated! <3 nice! And with an amazing GPA too! Aaaaaahw #2 :joy: Owen aged up and he's even cuter!! All the bowling pics looked like so much fun!
    (god I hope we get a patch sooooooooon :grimace: I'm scared to load the game)

@MayaRose1138 it's so nice reading an update with a house full of teens! I almost forgot all your kids aged up! Oh no, losing a pet in the house, even if stray, is so sad! I can't blame your entire household feeling so down. But it's good that they recovered soon! (one of the reasons why I never trust getting pets for my sims is that they die soooo often...) - both Lyric and Ivy are so cute <3 looking at them in game and not just in cas, they both look like a better mix than I originally thought. LOL Malcom can't really give your sims a break! Why is he always there?? Does he sleep in a dumpster nearby and waits for the clinic to be open to jump out of there??? :joy: Aaaahw mom and dad are aging up fast :bawling: nice trip at the festival of lights, tho! I loved the family outfit :joy: ... tho I'm afraid that the festival of lights is actually a "set yourself on fire" sort of festival lol. A Mt. Komorebi vacation, yes!! Of course everyone had to be terrible on the slopes :joy: omg loved to see Clara's daughter! I hope this redhead brings me fortune for the next gen I'll have in game so that I'll have another redhead soon :joy: -LOL HOW CAN YOU KNIT IN A ONSEN BATH :joy::joy::joy: Lyric's definitely becoming my favorite :joy: looks like there's a lot of love in the air during the last days of this vacation *wink wink*

@Francisca464 I love massive updates! <3 your Greenes' Komorebi vacation was awesome! They're all pretty much noobs at skying and snowboarding, so lol their shocked faces were the best :joy: only Clover managed to safely stand on top of her snowboard! Also, love the addition of going on a stroll as a group of sims, it always makes family strolls look so cute. Florian's living on the edge with that raggedy snowboard lol. The hike towards the temple looked like a lot of fun, especially for the kids. You know I love all the tiny remodels you make of your sims homes <3 I definitely notice! OMG I hope Aiyden has some sort of life insurance, 'cause it looks like he's almost a goner in every single update :joy: lol the kids can't even go out to play that mom texts them as if they've been gone for 20 years :joy::joy::joy:

@Wentcrazy aaaahw the pic of adult Thalia kissing Henry <3 time's flying soooo fast in this generation of yours! I'm glad that they finally got married <3 them eloping in Mt. Komorebi was really nice. Why wait, after all??? Aaaah a nooboo! I can't wait!!

@Luclylu I'm so glad you joined the challenge!! <3 welcome! Your Greene makeover looked super nice! <3

@Heckstress17 I truly hope your life turns around for the better <3 I'm sending many virtual hugs your way. Don't worry about the forum for now and just focus on what matter. We'll be here for when you can come back! <3
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    @OJenn I think we posted at the exact same time! When I pressed enter for my update, I saw a popup that you posted as well. I love that Ainsley and Miles are Lychee's neighbors. The crossovers between our games are one of my favorite parts of playing together like this. And yay for the kids growing up together, more or less! :heart: The baby-toddler salto pic is equally hilarious and frightening :joy: Omg those traits for the tots are so similar to their counterparts in the Finding Nemo story. That's amazing. Congrats on improving Evergreen Harbor even more! It seems that everyone so far choosed the Modern Development NAP, is that most fitting for this part of the world? Nemo and Dory are absolutely adorable :love: Also, thanks for linking to the family tree! I was wondering about the family line!

@MayaRose1138 No problem! I went the other way, totally budged and bought the clothing and kitchen pack :joy: I'm holding out on the cleaning pack because I'm still worried about getting annoyed by all the dust.

LOL, poor Winter with the violin. It seems like Ivy isn't too sure about the sound herself :joy: I love seeing the bond between Lyric and Winter, it looks like they really get along well. Boo Malcolm! Leave Heath alone. Hurray for a Mt. Komorebi vacation! I'm a bit sad that I missed the festivals myself, but if Clover will be my heir I think she'll spend a lot of time there so lots of chances still. Whoops, looks like the girls need some more fire dancing lessons from mommy. Ohhh you took the cats on vacation! I love that, they won't feel alone. Good for Lyric that she persevered with the skiing! She's already doing tricks? That's amazing! I thought not falling was an accomplishment in itself :joy:

I love that your teens met some other teens in Mt. Komorebi! It looked like they had a nice time in the snow. Ohhh and they're putting the moves on them too! Alec is really cute. Brooke too! She's a good genetic match for Leo :smile: LOL it makes sense that the cats just sleep their holiday away. That's what they do. Ohh you went rock climbing too! I forgot that when my Greenes were there. Lyric will probably nail it, being an active sim and all. Oof Lyric almost died?! I'm so happy she managed to get out from under the vending machine. That's scary af.

@Kiwicantdie You sound really busy indeed! Don't worry about not being able to comment as fast as you want to, sometimes life just gets really busy and you can't find the time/energy. Lord knows that happens to me a lot :joy: I'm glad to see an update on River and Thalia!

Look at him doing his best for Port Promise. And fighting the ones who don't listen to him :joy: That's a good strategy right there. I love that they go back to Batuu often, it fits Thalia's career and well, that's where they really found each other :heart: Lmao Thalia didn't even ask for the conditions and just said Gimme the money!! The fact that the caller was a ghost doesn't raise alarm at all. Ooooh that was fast! But I love that they are now married and that they just eloped on Batuu :yum: Did he propose in the same spot where they became a couple? Omg I never noticed the trail of hearts that Rocket Woohoo leaves behind. That's hilarious :joy: Hahahah that moodlet about his 'Me' Time! I laughed out loud. Poor River. Well, he'll just have to adjust. Thalia and the future adorables babies will be worth it. Aww, there we have the first one. Stella :love: Are you going with a theme? Since it sounds a bit like Stellar, but I'm not sure if that's intentional. I can't wait to see River and Thalia's kiddo hanging out and playing with their nieces and nephews in the future! It's so cute that these families are still such good friends.

@Wentcrazy and @OJenn I saw you guys talking about INFJ and I didn't know what that's about, but I've been wondering forever since I saw other people talking about it and other personality styles. And since I'm hooked on these types of tests, I of course had to do one myself :joy: It was a free one on a website so it's probably not 100% accurate, but as it turns out, I'm an INFJ as well. So I want to join the club!! :yum:

On to your update! Your screenshots are always so colorful :heart: Do you edit them or have a lighting mod? I loved the picture of Henry coming down the stairs and seeing his visitors. I don't know why but it looked like such an everyday scene and I love those. His niece and nephew are adorable! I love that they came to visit. And Caitlyn is adorable too! LOL, Thalia saw how good Henry's genes and thought: I want one of those cute babies! Oh Thalia is already an adult? Then they have to get on with those babies! Henry's secret meetings do look a bit unimpressive, but well, whatever floats his boat. Zeke is such a handsome old man! I love him :love: Aww Thalia and Henry got engaged :heart: That's great. I'm glad they didn't wait too long before getting married, their little ceremony just the two of them was great :smiley: And yay! A baby on the way :smiley: I can't wait to see their kid!

@Luclylu Welcome! So glad you decided to join us :smiley: Your Greenes look so good! I love how you madeover Aiyden :heart: He looks very handsome. And I'm so used to older Iris in my game that I'm stunned by how young she looks in yours! I think you did great on the house btw, you rock for building one yourself. I went the easy route and used a shell lol.

@JordanNicoleJJ I didn't know the Onsen water could get dirty either! It was all green and I just assumed that was its natural color, but then my sims all got really uncomfortable and well- apparently the water was dirty lol. I cleaned it and then it was blue. Imo the green looked more natural for a spring. Anyway, thank you for your comment :heart: I'm glad you enjoyed it, despite its massiveness :joy: It seems that everyone hopes/expect Aiyden and Iris to have more kids, but I think they're done because I have risky WooHoo on but there haven't been any 'accidents'. Also, they never rolled whims to have more kiddo's. So I think we'll stick with two :lol: Oh and thanks for giving feedback on the wide screenshots! I'm glad they work for you!

Uhg there was a patch for the game? That su*ks! I hate patches that break everything. I get why you're stressed out :joy: I hope they fix it soon!

@Heckstress17 Hang in there! :heart: You already know, but I'm here for you. (I'm just going to repeat it everywhere :wink:)
    edited March 2021
    Update time!

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments on my Mt. Komorebi post. And I was also happy to read that you didn't mind how long it was and that my screenshots are so wide :heart: That makes me a bit less insecure lol. Anyway, here's another update on the Greenes! (Spoiler: there's a birthday!)

JTVnltu.png
    Life has been pretty quiet in the household, actually. Aiyden worked on the candle making part of his aspiration.

kiNKgqV.png
    Clover is a happy kiddo.

HouNzQy.png
    Florian did his best to finish his aspiration by making some potions.

DbB1yy7.png
    And -shock, horror- Bob ate Iris! That never happened before and I was astonished.

vnaWDFE.png
    She was really sad and my heart warmed when Clover was sad about thát. She's so sweet, I'm not sure how I will spin that she's going to grow up evil.

KDa3lWU.png
    Lucky her, Iris has enough 'Happy'-essence saved from all the times Bob ate Aiyden :joy:

bgJprzi.png
    Tina still calls to come over all the time. I often turn her down or I might as well move her in, but Clover has to befriend two adults so her call actually gave me an opportunity.

EmDniIh.png
    Clover spent all afternoon chatting up Auntie Tina.

vR1X4bh.png
    Florian soon joined them to hear all of Tina's fabricating stories. I think interacting with these kiddo's sparked something, because that night I got a notification she's expecting another child.

qgr68TY.png
    Oh, small news flash, Aiyden quit his job to become a freelancer.

RNLUgN9.png
    He already finished some jobs and all of his customers are very satisfied.

NUJEYRo.png
    Despite Clover being a little socialite, she gets bullied at school. Aiyden is very clear about how the school should handle this.

smR85SF.png
    It's not only Tina who comes by almost every day, her wife Yasemin is possibly at the Greene house even more often.

sUrm1Xj.jpg
    Why does that annoy Iris so much, you ask? Not because Yasemin tutors her kids...

dTWIlbc.png
    But because she steals from Iris' precious plants! How DARE she :angry:

GNJDf0G.png
    I spent the rest of the day making Florian finish his aspiration and júst before midnight (very responsible parenting lol)...

oF4oqfO.png
    He became a Whiz Kid! And just in time.

B4jDZmm.png
    Because the next day it was Spooky Day ánd Florians birthday.

4o2jkFn.png
    Clover spent most of the morning carving pumpkins.

U7egZz0.png
    GYuaWfs.png
    While her parents decorated the house and garden for a party. Doesn't Bob fit in great? :yum:

HfGb6L7.png
    And of course they made spooky treats, while singing Halloween songs.

DhrqSUr.png
    Soon, the Costume Party started. Florian dressed as a hotdog.

2Y4QwtQ.png
    And the other family members were a nurse (Aiyden), pirate (Clover) and eh... I don't remember Iris' costume, but she looks like a tough girl lol.

pqZggqj.png
    Florian and Clover's new friends from the park/school and of course the Tinkers came over. Fun fact: that boy in the hotdog costume is not Florian, but another Greene. I'm not sure who his parents are but he's a good friend.

mhRJCd4.png
    Just showing off that this party even has a bartender lol.

Sy8yyl2.png
    Well, I guess I had this irony coming for complaining about my sims never using their seating area. Now that they did, the firepit immediately lit their terrace on fire.

qjy3Rnl.png
    The bartender turned out to be of no use, but Iris doesn't just dress as a bad*ss, she IS one! (When it comes to fires)

ptaNJCL.png
    Aiyden made sure all the kids were safely inside the house where they did their homework partied hard!

v7lSKtS.png
    Then he ran back outside to help Iris put out the fire, that was very persistent and kept restarting.

yxtXYSr.png
    When the terrace fire was out, Iris made sure the firepit couldn't start more fires. Meanwhile the NAP-guy thought this was a good time to check their house. He was smart to leave positive feedback, because Iris was very uncomfortable at this point. I have no doubt she would've emptied that bucket on his head, would he have given her a reason to.

LmuJpyT.png
    The guests were back outside dancing to the stereo soon enough, as if nothing had happened.

LnDn7iT.png
    And are trick or treaters supposed to just walk inside my home and grab candy from the bowl? Because they did. 2nd fun fact: the skeleton girl is ALSO a Greene. I guess it's not surprising the kids befriended a few Greenes because there's a lot running around in this game lol. Next time I'm in game, I'm gonna look up whose offspring these kids are!

Mviyb5t.png
    Oh and somewhere during this party Clover befriended Yasemin and Tina, so she completed her aspiration! I'm going to try and have her finish the Whiz Kid one next because she's going to be a genius growing up.

SEI6g0H.png
    The party was such a chaos that I totally forgot to have Florian blow out his candles. He did so right after the party ended.

PL7e1rC.png
    He can now start working on his Master Actor aspiration and the Green Fiend trait that I rolled for him with the randomnizer.

SvBs8zX.png
    I think he's really handsome and he looks a lot like some of your Gen. 2 Greene kids!

9N1iGJe.png
    Since red was sort of his color as a kid, I kept it for his teen wardrobe. It's still casual-neat.

OUoyHAV.png
    Clover had a school project to finish so it's now a family tradition to do school projects after a birthday party :lol:

MulrXoC.png
    klJ0bBK.png
    I'll leave you with Florian's room remodel. It's clean, because he's neat, with a mirror to practice his acting, some film posters to show his love for movies, lots of Photography gear because that will be his freelance career and some Selvadorian influences because Selvadorian Culture is his randomnized hobby.

tIbRffw.png
    I think his traits are very ambitious, but so far he's not really working hard on them. Just moping around the house teenager-style :lol:

Thank you for reading! I hope to be back soon with the next update :smile:
    Post edited by Francisca464 on
    Gen 1 - House Tour
    Finally excited to start playing with Aiyden and Iris. I'll comment after but before I start playing I thought I would give a tour of the house. I also turned Newcrest into a town with a business district and houses with families. Then I added townies to have a good selection for mccc to do its thing.

Front entrance
    03-11-21_9-55-52-am-2.png
    03-11-21_9-56-24-am.png

Kitchen
    - The door leads to the laundry room which leads to the garage
    03-11-21_9-56-59-am.png

Dining area
    03-11-21_9-57-08-am.png

Main living area
    - 1 door leads to to a half bathroom
    - Second door leads to the master bedroom
    03-11-21_9-57-59-am.png

Master bedroom
    - Leads to main living area
    - Second door leads to the en suite
    03-11-21_9-59-05-am.png
    03-11-21_9-59-30-am.png

En suite
    - Leads to toilet
    - Archway leads to dressing room
    03-11-21_10-00-04-am.png
    03-11-21_10-00-14-am.png

Dressing room
    03-11-21_10-00-24-am.png
    03-11-21_10-00-41-am.png

Laundry room
    03-11-21_10-01-09-am.png

Garage
    - Has 1 door that leads outside
    03-11-21_10-01-17-am.png
    03-11-21_10-01-25-am.png
    03-11-21_10-01-35-am.png

Second floor
    - 3 bedrooms
    - 1 full bathroom
    03-11-21_10-02-55-am.png
    03-11-21_10-03-55-am.png
    03-11-21_10-04-20-am.png
    03-11-21_10-04-33-am.png

Balcony
    03-11-21_10-04-57-am.png
    03-11-21_10-05-20-am.png

Full bathroom
    03-11-21_10-05-45-am.png
    03-11-21_10-06-09-am.png

And then I realized I forgot the small backyard. It's not much, just some plants, recycle machine, bugs and a BBQ.

@OJenn Thank you! Yes looking back through the thread I love seeing everyone’s interpretations. I hate building mostly. I usually look for unfurnished builds or give a previous one a face lift. This wasn’t actually that bad LOL I liked used a floor plan and excited to see how my building grows.

@JordanNicoleJJ Thank you! I’m not a fan of the smog but that moment was too cute. Thanks! Which kits did you get? My sister is purchasing me two as payback for sharing the abundance of cookies I ordered (I blame quarantine LOL). I’m just not sure which two I should get because I would use them all I think.

@Kiwicantdie Thank you! Everyone’s so welcoming :smile:

@Francisca464 Thank you! I normally hate building but using a floor plan wasn’t so bad. I’m still not in love with the house but I’m happy with it. I’ve played a certain way for so long that it’ll be an adjustment but a good one. Now that I’m playing it’s fun! Plus I’m not worrying about a ton of screenshots like I would my 100 baby challenge.

Omg Clover and Florian are adorable children! This makes me want to add more holidays in like Halloween and Easter. I usually hate holidays but I think I’ll embrace them this save! Bob fits in perfectly, especially with the cake hanging out of his mouth!! LOL
    edited March 2021
    @Luclylu - I love love love how you decorated the house! The movie is probably my favorite space :heart:

edited March 2021
    @Luclylu For now I would get country kitchen kit and throwback fit kit, because the bust the dust kit is super broken rn. A lot of people are saying they can't turn it off (there's an option in the settings, but it's broken too), so there's a chance it could make your game unplayable until they get around to patching it :grimace: (edit - I bought all three and am having issues with the dust kit, though my game's not completely unplayable...just annoying)

I'll be back for more comments later, I'm in the middle of a D&D game and just had enough time for a quick reply lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top