Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Wonderful entries for February and voted :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I voted too. I would really like to participate, but I'm nervous and the challenge would have to suit my sims too.
    @musteni - You should really try it. No-one judges here, and it's a great opportunity to try some SimLit. It doesn't have to be with your current household you are playing. For my stories, I just created new characters for the story I wanted to tell. Hope you give it a try :)
    Thanks for the encouragement @SoulGal7! I play rotationally so I have many sims to choose from. I'm hoping I could use one of my current sims, so it would bring some depth to them at the same time :) Having a word count and limited pictures is something that's new to me because I usually post with more pictures and less text.
    musteni wrote: »
    Thanks for the encouragement @SoulGal7! I play rotationally so I have many sims to choose from. I'm hoping I could use one of my current sims, so it would bring some depth to them at the same time :) Having a word count and limited pictures is something that's new to me because I usually post with more pictures and less text.

@musteni - I totally understand about posting lots of pics. But this exercise kind of forces you to choose only the best of the best photos to really convey the story. If you use Wordpress, the word count is there, but, still, I know, it can be difficult to not be too wordy. Anyway, when a theme comes up and you like it, just try it out. You might surprise yourself :)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Here is my February fairy tale: https://cathytea.wordpress.com/2021/02/07/thalassas-song/

Title: Thalassa's Song

OH MY GOSH .. I am so sorry I missed this one .. it is there now @cathtea I am so very sorry! I would have known earlier but I took 2 days off of social media .. oh I feel so terrible and I had already read it so I should have remembered. Please forgive me.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I voted too. I would really like to participate, but I'm nervous and the challenge would have to suit my sims too.

I was nervous my first time too, but the wonderful simmers that take part are very encouraging and accepting c: As long as you submit an entry that you had fun with and enjoy, everything will be a-okay! Looking forward to seeing your entry if you choose to join.
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @musteni - You should really try it. No-one judges here, and it's a great opportunity to try some SimLit. It doesn't have to be with your current household you are playing. For my stories, I just created new characters for the story I wanted to tell. Hope you give it a try :)

This is 100 percent spot on .. I rarely write with my regular characters .. this allows me to push my boundaries .. this next month is not my strong suit but it is a challenge so I will try to rise to it <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

cutting the pics back is sooo hard .. I have trouble with that too
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    March theme & specifics .. this should be a fab month .. I am excited to push my own boundaries!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge - March 2021
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Had some who thought this might be too bloody or garish for them. So some thought from me as I look at the vision I had for the month. I am too am not a blood and guts gal.
    This month I caution is not just horror. Do not limit yourself to B slasher movie thoughts. Suspense or thriller or horror is much more complex. A master of this was the late Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸. NEVER saw blood but how many of us can go into the shower alone without thinking of his work occasionally.
    Also do not forget that this genre also can cover humor (Rocky Horror or Beetlejuice ... Ghost Busters .. Little House of Horrors). Some can be very light - Harry Potter. We are not talking blood and guts here (if you want to go there that is up to you .. we are all grown-ups) but we are looking at finessing a genre. Maybe bringing in the theme without resorting to Chain Saw Massacre LOL
    Some of the great works of fiction come in this category. Edgar Allen Poe. First time I read him he blew me away. Old fairy tales came under this genre. Even looking at modern days .. Stephen King is amazing.
    So I urge you do not limit yourself to a B slasher movie mentality.
    If you need inspiration watch a few 🐸🐸🐸🐸 movies or read some Poe. This is a good month to stretch and grow while still keeping your flavor of storytelling. I cannot wait to see what comes! AND might I add that this is a month where it will be easier to draw readers in .. it is a popular genre.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Ohh yas I am SOO excited for this!! I love horror and thrillers (I'm watching a thriller movie right now actually hehe) so I'm super excited. No idea what I'm going to do or how to bring it across in the sims but I will do my best!
    ntlW6ly.png
    Sorry, it took me a while .. life is crazy sometimes ..

This is the top readers' choice for Feb 2021 ... this was prob one of the craziest months since I have been doing this.
    the top 3 were only separated by one point from the others AND the remaining 3 ALL had the same number of votes .. all tied for 4th

FJQ4Vsl.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member

Excellent stories all of them and we seem to have some excellent readers with excellent taste too - Congrats all ☀️

Onyeka001 wrote: »

Excellent stories all of them and we seem to have some excellent readers with excellent taste too - Congrats all ☀️

All of you fought a tough battle with some amazing stories ... blew me away
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Do not forget to post entries in here ..
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Hi! Here's my entry for March challenge: I’ll Be Watching You
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've been watching this for awhile and reading the stories but I've never participated before beyond voting. I've been a bit of lurker.. haha Anyway, I felt inspired to try this month so here is my link:
    https://princesspeapod.wordpress.com/2021/03/22/msssc-deaths-daughter/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    I'm worried about my entry *sigh* It's cliche and I worry that it feels rushed and just... bad T_T)
    ntlW6ly.png
    edited March 2021
    @AnnoyingTiger Ah, I felt so worried about my entry, because it's not as scary as I hoped. I lacked the skills to make it what I wanted, but it was a good excercise!
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited March 2021
    Hey everyone! Here's my entry for March, Freak For a Friend.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2021
    You can find my entry for the MSSSC March 2021 on Tumblr (the pinned post) or click here: The First Crime. It's an elaboration of last months story, so you might recognize some characters.
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    I can't wait to read all of the stories soon now that I'm done.

Dial M for Mudder on my wordpress blog HERE

dialm-banner.jpg?w=1024
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    One Stormy Night < my entry
    ntlW6ly.png