Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kit Packs: Yay or Nay?

Comments

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yay!
    A resounding YAY. They can have my money.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nay!
    Wonder if we'll get a new forum section for kits. 🤔
    Maybe. They might just blend it with the pack discussion section or make a sub forum for that section.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I hope that EA will make some KITs with a CC creators. This will be a perfect way to introduce CC for the console players and to support our amazing creators as HeyHarrie, Pracemaker, Grim ect.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Kits are basically cc and mods. Do I want them. Yes. How much are they worth paying ? That’s the question !
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Nay!
    Unless there is a way to earn these packs (like how we were able to earn coins in the Sims 3 store) I will not be falling for the okie doke. The game is already over $800 if you buy all of the content watch how quickly it tops $1000 with stuff like this.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Depends on the price.
    I'm seeing these kits as small but already prepared content to "feed" the community while working on more big stuff, but they have to be really cheap, if not even free (I have a big feeling they'll be free imo)
    edited February 2021
    Nay!
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I hope that EA will make some KITs with a CC creators. This will be a perfect way to introduce CC for the console players and to support our amazing creators as HeyHarrie, Pracemaker, Grim ect.
    That is one of the best ideas I've seen. It would be a great way to include the mod community more. <3 Shared it with some Gurus so we'll see.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Depends on the state of the game.
    I'm a bit torn, but I guess these smaller 'store' packs have been around since The Sims 2, so it's not entirely new. If the team focuses on bug fixes as well (so that the game stays stable), I think it can be a good thing after all. Some players finally have a chance to get very specific content that they'd like. I can see them making a Medieval Kit for example, a science one, one that expands office, Museum or Gym gameplay, etc.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Scobre wrote: »
    That is one of the best ideas I've seen. It would be a great way to include the mod community more. <3 Shared it with some Gurus so we'll see.

We're not all modders, and we don't all use mods.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Dust kit seems to have the most content gameplay wise. I like the other kits as well, but I’m interested in their price and I also might wait for a bit. Maybe I’ll get the dust and kitchen kit and then I’ll wait for a sale (depending on the original price I might only get a dust kit) and see if they’ll lower the price.
    I also want to see in which direction they will go with these kits and what other kits will they publish.

The Sims is definitely a type of game where you can always add more items, clothing, gameplay and I don’t mind that because I love having lots of different items in my game. They just need to have reasonable pricing and good execution. I like them, but this is definitely not necessary for a full sims 4 game experience and no one should feel obligated to buy every single kit.
    Nay!
    Loanet wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

We're not all modders, and we don't all use mods.
    Thus why the idea would work so well. :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yay!

I like the "kit pack" idea because although one person may have enough active wear for their sims, someone else would like the added variety. Themes for future game and expansion packs probably wouldn't make sense to add more active wear. Whereas having the "option" to add these little kit packs is nice.

I absolutely love for many of the households to clean, and use the washing machine. I am interested in the dust buster and activewear pack first. And because I play many households, additional "stuff" is for me . <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Yay!
    It's a Yay! for me. I think the kits are cute and I can't wait to get them. They remind me of the TS3 store and I bought so much of that stuff!! :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Depends on the content.
    Sorry, but what is this about. I don't do twitter or the like so have no idea what this is even about. If it's merely a way to continue milking us for more $ because they've done such a lame job with pack content, them am not in favor.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yay!
    I'm ready to throw more of my money at EA. :D
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Depends on the content.
    I can see why people have such mixed opinions. I don’t feel too strongly, personally.

If I see something I think is really cool, that had unique interactions and animations, I’ll probably get it. The vacuum cleaner pack doesn’t appeal to me but it does look like they really fleshed out the interactions for it which bodes well for the future.

For any style-related kit packs, generally I expect to treat them as a hard pass purely because there is already so much great content from existing packs.

However I do see how it’s triggering for OCD “gotta have it all!” people!
  • PennyDreadPriestessPennyDreadPriestess Posts: 267 Member
    Depends on the price.
    I think I'd still prefer stuff packs at a reasonable price.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Nay!
    I'm more than willing to give EA my money, but as of late, their expansions, game packs, and stuff packs are just underwhelming to me. Seeing a whole new format of DLC packs is just exhausting to me. I just feel bad for new players that are going to skip out on the series. Imagine starting The Sims and seeing expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs, and now kit packs shoved in your face. Where would you begin?

I'd wager kit packs are going to be the route The Sims 4 takes as they shift their teams onto The Sims 5. I just hope we won't start the next iteration off with more DLC blunders. I really, really miss the stable schedule of having a well made expansion every 6 months and a stuff pack every 3 months. It was so perfect. Why fix what wasn't broken?
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yay!
    I'm all for adding more content to the game, I think it's a great idea. And if I don't like what's in a kit, I simply won't buy it
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Depends on the price.
    I'm all for adding more content to the game, I think it's a great idea. And if I don't like what's in a kit, I simply won't buy it

What if you like one or two things, just like always, but now you're getting even less for your money?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Yay!
    Loanet wrote: »

What if you like one or two things, just like always, but now you're getting even less for your money?

It's a value proposition. If I don't feel like the features are worth the money, I won't buy it
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If it's $5aud, and contains about half the content of a stuff pack, then that'd be ok.

IF it's $5usd, and has less than 1/4 the content of a stuff pack, then they can get stuffed.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Depends on the price.
    I thank everyone for their contributions. Theoretically, we should know a lot more about Kit Packs tomorrow, but as we have learned more my opinion has already started changing a bit due to the new organization of Kit Packs.

To be quite honest, it makes me skittish. At first I was somewhat relieved that it was still a pack and had assumed it would get its own shelf on the pack tab (maybe a new tab in the library). Instead, they seem to be disassociating themselves with the pack part and focusing on the "Kit" part by giving it it's own game tab away from the usual packs.

Now this may be reading into things, but I think this and the debut packs show how few rules kits will follow. The content could be anything, like a Sims 3 Store bundle. Plus, because they are "Kits" and not traditional packs, I now suspect they are going to buck the unified pricing. It is possible that it will not be immediately, but I heavily expect some sort of dynamic content pricing. They have gone through a lot of effort it seems to paint a picture with the organization: new thing, new rules.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Depends on the price.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    To be quite honest, it makes me skittish. At first I was somewhat relieved that it was still a pack and had assumed it would get its own shelf on the pack tab (maybe a new tab in the library). Instead, they seem to be disassociating themselves with the pack part and focusing on the "Kit" part by giving it it's own game tab away from the usual packs.
    I don't understand what you mean here. Are you talking about sections of the forum? On Origin? In the game? Please explain.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2021
    Depends on the price.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean here. Are you talking about sections of the forum? On Origin? In the game? Please explain.

When you open the game, there are currently two pages to the start menu: news and packs. Originally, I thought that kits would get a shelf to itself on the pack page. However, new images and reports are surfacing of the kits getting its own new tab, a third page, dedicated to it. Therefore it has a visible and categorical separation and disassociation from normal packs.

As for the new library tab, in Origin there is the extra stuff, SP, GP, and EP tabs. I suspected kits would either get it's own tab here or be put in extra stuff. I suspect it will especially get it's own tab here as well since it is getting its own page in the game menu.