Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
Closed thread, original point no longer applies
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They're going to see how people take to Kits. If people fall for them, they'll release a lot more.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also to add, SimGuruNinja said last August that Parenthood isn't the Sims 4's equivalent of Generations and he also said to rule nothing out in regards to a Generations pack.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I don't think they have ever released anything in April since it's the start of a new financial quarter, so I think it's unlikely.

If they do release a pack I think it would be at the end of March sometime, and my personal theory is it will be a GP focused on teens.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Interesting speculation. I said in another thread that if these bunk beds come in a pre-pack patch, it is very likely that this pack will be kids or family-related (could be generations, school, or something similar). My bet is on a school pack (could be primary schools or high schools, or both).
    If we get that kind of pack, I hope improved babies will be patched in as well.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Predicting an April release is always bold, as the last pack released in April was TS2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff in 2008. They’ve never released a TS3 or TS4 pack in April. If we only count expansion packs, then the last EP released in April was TS1: House Party in 2001.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes OP, i agree. Even the anniversary gift was postponed, imo, to work as a pre-kits patch. They added code for the kits on it. I don't know If it'll be generations, something else, or even a new round of kits, but i believe something is coming the week after the late march patch.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm not sure, I have heard so many theories over the years why bunk beds would come with different packs that now when they are finally coming I have a hard time to believe that a pack like generations would be the reason because we thought the same with parenthood, discover university and tiny living but then again...they probably plan a long time ahead for what kind of content that they will make.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    And it could include this. Just gonna drop this here 👀 cause I was lazy to make a thread about it.

And yes the story progression was code from before but it has since been added to after the last update as per the modders. And simguru frost posted the update here somewhere. Not this specifically. it was mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. Seems like a good pack to add the longe term desires and such.
    Though I doubt it will be a generations replica I'm sure it will have family content I'm guessing.

bAfolO0.png
    ixgcvLP.jpg

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm guessing it could be an expansion because there was a job listing in the beginning of December which was for working on an expansion and the job listing was for only 3 months putting us in March. We also had story progression updated and the reveal of bunk beds coming in late March. I'm thinking the next pack releases on March 26th and maybe it has something to do with those surveys a year ago. Maybe they are putting story progression with growing pains? It makes sense if they started on it last year around this time.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    Interesting speculation. I said in another thread that if these bunk beds come in a pre-pack patch, it is very likely that this pack will be kids or family-related (could be generations, school, or something similar). My bet is on a school pack (could be primary schools or high schools, or both).

Me too, my game is like on hold because I am waiting for a baby update...
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I was hoping that the next pack would be a cars related one because of the picture featuring a car-shaped house promoting the gallery in the new main menu, I suppose both things could be merged together (for teens to learn to drive). A Generations pack would be good if they don't try to copy-paste the one from TS3, good opportunity for them to be creative with the interactions and options they add, I really liked what they did with Parenthood so hopefully this will be similar and also add interesting new interactions across all life stages.
    And it could include this. Just gonna drop this here 👀 cause I was lazy to make a thread about it.

And yes the story progression was code from before but it has since been added to after the last update as per the modders. And simguru frost posted the update here somewhere. Not this specifically. it was mixed in with a bunch of other stuff. Seems like a good pack to add the longe term desires and such.
    Though I doubt it will be a generations replica I'm sure it will have family content I'm guessing.

bAfolO0.png
    ixgcvLP.jpg

That's not new in the slightest. The exact same text has been there since the Get Together patch.

You can download this copy of tuning descriptions posted by SimGuruModSquad in December 2015 and find the same text in there.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863493/1-13-104-tdescs#latest

wJd1B9L.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I mean, you tend to guess these things pretty well. I think the timing might be a little different, but bunk beds right now would be super random without some sort of generations pack coming soon.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    Genkider wrote: »
    I was hoping that the next pack would be a cars related one because of the picture featuring a car-shaped house promoting the gallery in the new main menu, I suppose both things could be merged together (for teens to learn to drive). A Generations pack would be good if they don't try to copy-paste the one from TS3, good opportunity for them to be creative with the interactions and options they add, I really liked what they did with Parenthood so hopefully this will be similar and also add interesting new interactions across all life stages.

I never thought about that, maybe that picture is a hint that cars are coming.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Predicting an April release is always bold, as the last pack released in April was TS2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff in 2008. They’ve never released a TS3 or TS4 pack in April. If we only count expansion packs, then the last EP released in April was TS1: House Party in 2001.
    Only if you ignore the fact Get to Work was released in April though that pack was so poorly done it may not count.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Only if you ignore the fact Get to Work was released in April though that pack was so poorly done it may not count.

Get to Work was released on March 31, good enough for EA to recognize its launch revenue in the January - March quarter.

Regional release dates don't matter.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Honestly I'm surprised I haven't already heard anyone talking about this, but for anyone who doesn't know the Sims team announced in the anniversary livestream that Bunk Beds are coming at the end of March.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously this seems a pretty random time to release an item so it makes logical sense that it's going to be in a pre pack update. And looking at the possible upcoming packs, there's only really one pack that it would make sense with - Generations. They also did the same with ladders last year, they were added in a pre pack patch before Eco Lifestyle so it makes sense that they would do the same again and then with the pack they'd include more versions of bunk beds

If you look at the release timetable it also perfectly adds up. Eco Lifestyle came out at the start of June, 5 months later Snowy Escape came out at the start of November. 5 months after that is... the start of April. There's also usually two other releases between expansions, people have been theorising game packs but I think these "kits" mark the second release so it's very likely an expansion will be next after them.

If you look at the calender, it also all makes sense timescale wise. The bunk bed announcement specified late March so I'd assume the last few days of March, patches usually come out on a Tuesday and the last Tuesday is the 30th aka the very end of March. Expansions usually come out on Fridays, so this would mean that if I'm right the pre-pack update with bunk beds will happen on March 30th, and the pack will come out April 2nd!

So if this is right, which is an if but I think it's likely, this is the timeline I'm expecting
    • Kits Annoucement (Confirmed): March 2nd
    • Kits Release: March 5th
    • 16th/9th March: Generations Trailer Reveal
    • March 30th: Pre-Pack Update (With Bunk Beds!)
    • April 2nd: Generations Released

I think from what we've seen kits are gonna be a quick release, they're gonna announce them and then push them out the same week. The pre-pack patch for kits most likely was the anniversary patch hence why all the details have been leaked as they were included in the code for the patch. I think they also know kits are gonna be controversial hence why they announced bunk beds early at the same time..

(And also not to brag but I'd also like to point out that last May I posted that a winter vacation is very likely to come out that fall and I think that was one of the first speculation threads made on it last year, and I also posted that there was gonna be a vacuuming pack last June so yknow...)

Bunk beds could release with Resorts and Hotels as well.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

bAfolO0.png
    ixgcvLP.jpg

or dying lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Honestly I'm surprised I haven't already heard anyone talking about this, but for anyone who doesn't know the Sims team announced in the anniversary livestream that Bunk Beds are coming at the end of March.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Obviously this seems a pretty random time to release an item so it makes logical sense that it's going to be in a pre pack update. And looking at the possible upcoming packs, there's only really one pack that it would make sense with - Generations. They also did the same with ladders last year, they were added in a pre pack patch before Eco Lifestyle so it makes sense that they would do the same again and then with the pack they'd include more versions of bunk beds

If you look at the release timetable it also perfectly adds up. Eco Lifestyle came out at the start of June, 5 months later Snowy Escape came out at the start of November. 5 months after that is... the start of April. There's also usually two other releases between expansions, people have been theorising game packs but I think these "kits" mark the second release so it's very likely an expansion will be next after them.

If you look at the calender, it also all makes sense timescale wise. The bunk bed announcement specified late March so I'd assume the last few days of March, patches usually come out on a Tuesday and the last Tuesday is the 30th aka the very end of March. Expansions usually come out on Fridays, so this would mean that if I'm right the pre-pack update with bunk beds will happen on March 30th, and the pack will come out April 2nd!

So if this is right, which is an if but I think it's likely, this is the timeline I'm expecting

I think from what we've seen kits are gonna be a quick release, they're gonna announce them and then push them out the same week. The pre-pack patch for kits most likely was the anniversary patch hence why all the details have been leaked as they were included in the code for the patch. I think they also know kits are gonna be controversial hence why they announced bunk beds early at the same time..

(And also not to brag but I'd also like to point out that last May I posted that a winter vacation is very likely to come out that fall and I think that was one of the first speculation threads made on it last year, and I also posted that there was gonna be a vacuuming pack last June so yknow...)

Are there ever any resort or hotels that provide bunk beds in their rooms?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Hotels in bunkbeds don’t really make sense to me I don’t see the correlation between the two Bunkbeds with a generation or a child who pack makes way more sense
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

I’ve never been to a hotel with Bunkbeds I really don’t understand why people think that The two correlate with each other it makes way more sense for bunkbeds to come with a generation or a child who pack and that’s what I think will be next Not hotels or resorts even though I know many people want them I just don’t see that being the next game pack or expansion pack
    Nicolea wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

I’ve never been to a hotel with Bunkbeds I really don’t understand why people think that The two correlate with each other it makes way more sense for bunkbeds to come with a generation or a child who pack and that’s what I think will be next Not hotels or resorts even though I know many people want them I just don’t see that being the next game pack or expansion pack

Haven't seen one myself either, the least they do is provide 2 single beds, but never bunk beds.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »

Me too, my game is like on hold because I am waiting for a baby update...

Lol, my game's on hold at the moment because I'm hoping for imminent romance updates. So much fun!

I don't know if I'd take bunkbeds as a sign that Generations is coming soon - very often pre-pack patches have nothing to do with the pack itself, like toddlers coming out right before vampires (you can make a toddler vampire, obviously, but the two things aren't strongly related). I am still hoping a March expansion pack might come, but the longer things go on the less likely that seems. They generally announce expansion packs about four weeks/a month in advance, so at this point something coming before the end of March doesn't seem likely. They might have pushed the announcement to celebrate the anniversary (which was already pushed for Black History Month), and maybe on Tuesday we'll get info on kits and other packs coming out this year or soon, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    And on bunk beds: hostels do often have bunk beds, and little 'camps' I used to go to on overnight school trips used to have them. I wouldn't associate them with luxury resorts, but there's more than one kind of hotel accommodation.
    Reedfish wrote: »
    And on bunk beds: hostels do often have bunk beds, and little 'camps' I used to go to on overnight school trips used to have them. I wouldn't associate them with luxury resorts, but there's more than one kind of hotel accommodation.

Camp is what first come to my mind with the bunkbed situations, after reading cat lovers post.
    ihavemultiplegamertags