Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 KITs - Collaboration with CC creators

When I saw the information of KITs first time, my first thought was, that it would be awesome if EA will hire some CC creators to make their own KITs. This step can help console players and NoCC players to get awesome content officially. Whats more, CC creators can ern some money from their KITs sale.

What do you think about this?

I have some suggestions who can make their own KIT:

HeyHarrie + FelixandreSims - Kitchen Stuff

tumblr_pysudxhDbT1uwnm57o1_500.jpgtumblr_pysudxhDbT1uwnm57o7_500.jpg

HeyHarrie - Halcyon Kitchen

b7d6aa4d1ab407b50ee78e18988c1d9c7a705514.jpgfe5d34928673331b4a549fca5c089c72947eb861.gifv

HeyHarrie + FelixandreSims - Jardane

89a4c9ddd2953f0bdae9b81c165bcba349b1cd50.jpg6c8599f5d99b3c741e73b6e9b8a2c6c68cd0483e.gifv

HeyHarrie + FelixandreSims - Tiny Trawellers

18073fe15e9fb605e7f8530be484fab66f384590.jpg34733d764e6267903d37bf34cbfc21593fdd49bd.gifv

HeyHarrie + FelixandreSims - Livin'Rum

2b6cf4a1e2bbd7f5d93982964b1af594bc1b4c16.jpgcedcaf8868e9a3ea3e8706e04ff0f065e80d1338.gifv

HeyHarrie + FelixandreSims - The Bathroom

b5039b6bbf882da41b62f87064d92b2c3361c650.jpg

Peacemaker_ic

b959c4e049448dec6fbf116f42b9183079b79fa7.png9910fd4caf247ca1f70e5ef52e37b4b71c3502d8.png

8415b003e2f6bf9f5fbdf7f43b2512d3472a1ecd.png
00beca388a0ed00f2d9006dd222c4cdb9bbff04c.png
299ccbffe6c880d1c83ba58d51ed5777b8bb4aa5.png

Urbane-Cover.png
Urbane-Objects-GIF.gif

EloiseSeating-Cover.png
Eloise-Items.png

Grimcookies

1bb1206e7cac4874c327be4e5f44e157b7ef8807.png

bee7d5a6aa75bfeb8b2f25457fc0b8de31b28608.png

1dda9c3cf1ac706fdb7012a29f6a54a2a7b6ebda.png

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I will not buy any CC kits. Gameplay kits on the other hand ....

I think the game already has a lot of non gameplay items. I need more news things to do.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I very briefly thought about this. Especially since they've been using GCs more, to see them branch out to CC creators to give them an official outlet would be very cool. And console players would be able to support CC creators, too. I think it would be best if it were completely new stuff and not already released that people have already downloaded for free, though.

Personally, I'm only interested in gameplay.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I will only buy kits for additional gameplay objects. Clothes and decor do nothing for me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love this idea. I would ok with kits if it meant supporting the modding community's talent more and allow console players to enjoy it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    I hope the cc creators got paid for their work in the 21st anniversary collection.
    Whether or not they did, I hope they don't agree to give material to DLC unless they are getting paid. Out of respect for one another as well as for themselves.

I'm familiar with the competing demands on freelance artists from my RL working life. Too often, people in the arts are pressured to give stuff away in inappropriate circumstances. Doing something for free because you loved making it, or to give it to support a nonprofit or a cause, is one thing. Doing something for free for a big company because you can't get the big company to pay you, but you feel like you have to do it anyway, knowing the company will make money from your work, is a very different thing.

The ea.com article doesn't say anything about whether they were paid but maybe one or more would be willing to share with the forum.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think Kits would be a great way for CC creators and EA to collaborate.

I'm reasonably certain that James at least said they were paid for making the builds for Snowy Escape, so while it is EA we're talking about, it's still more likely than not that the CC creators would be compensated, at least to some degree.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    I hope the cc creators got paid for their work in the 21st anniversary collection.
    Whether or not they did, I hope they don't agree to give material to DLC unless they are getting paid. Out of respect for one another as well as for themselves.

I'm familiar with the competing demands on freelance artists from my RL working life. Too often, people in the arts are pressured to give stuff away in inappropriate circumstances. Doing something for free because you loved making it, or to give it to support a nonprofit or a cause, is one thing. Doing something for free for a big company because you can't get the big company to pay you, but you feel like you have to do it anyway, knowing the company will make money from your work, is a very different thing.

The ea.com article doesn't say anything about whether they were paid but maybe one or more would be willing to share with the forum.

While that is true in the art community and with both amateur and professional entrepreneurs, CC creators are in a different situation because their art uses licensed tools and designs of another company, and their products can only be used with that company's game. So everything they create is voluntary and still belongs to EA in the end. This is why they can't monetize their creations. They can accept donations from the community via Patreon and the like, but they can't (or aren't supposed to) lock any content behind a paywall because that violates the fair use agreement (or something akin to it).

So hopefully the EA marketing exposure will give them a huge public boost so that having something made official in the game will draw more supporters. There are so many talented CC creators out there and it can get overwhelming trying to find Maxis Match content. It's also possible that if some of these creators continue to build a good relationship with Maxis, maybe they could one day become official content developers. You never know.
    #Team Occult
  • CelenaLampreyCelenaLamprey Posts: 7 New Member
    I recognize that there are probably many players who don't use mods/custom content, but if you are like me you have tons of CC. There are some very talented people out there who create lots of wonderful, beautiful objects and sets, much of it free. I agree with Chazzy's comment above, if I am going to pay EA for kits/packs/etc. it needs to add gameplay or be something not available in CC. New objects are fine IF they bring new skills, hobbies and/or careers (functional pool tables, true diving boards and functional sewing machines are just a few at the top of my wish list.)

I have often wondered why Sims 2 & 3 were so much richer in gameplay than Sims 4. Is it a difference in the underlying game engine and coding or were the Sims 2 & 3 developers/creators just more skilled? I have many play hours on all three and there are pluses & minuses for each one. IMHO, the perfect Sims game would be a mesh of all of them :-)
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    As a console player, thank you for thinking of us but for me personally, I'd only pay up if the kits were focused on gameplay.

I will not pay for build items as there is already tons of it in game. I feel like sims 4 is a building simulator and lacking gameplay.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I think it would be unfair to the CC and mod creators that aren’t chosen. Plus a lot of them are already making money through patreon and ad revenue through their web site and social media.

I’ve also seen poorly made CC that I don’t want included. I’d rather EA spent their money paying their own staff instead of paying CC creators that make content of questionable quality.

CC and mod creators are already riding on EA’s coattails. I don’t think we should have to support them doing so.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    While I understand this would greatly benefit console players, PC players already have access to CC creators content free, I am not sure how it would go over to have this as paid content. If they indeed do this, hopefully it is free.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    That Gucci set by Grimcookies is very high poly, he didn't make the meshes from scratch but rather reduced poly count on some meshes provided by Gucci. I think they were meshes used for their adverts. Also, I think he would need approval from Gucci to sell that set so that would also be an issue.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I like I few of the creators here, but I see so many problems with that opposed to good. especially with the community snubbing said creators because they put their content in a pack through EA you have to pay for and can't get for free (if you're PC). Just see it being a huge stink with the community as the fandom is completely unforgiving. People already iffy with some that do patreon and not wanting to wait two weeks or so (not talking about the ones that completely lock out others and never release because they're definitely a lot of them).

Not like Sim Studio can't make items like that (considering quality and style of items have grown wayyyyy better since the beginning of the game). Just really a matter of taste and what kind of style to go for. I'd love to see more contemporary style furniture sets in this game for sure along with industrial. <3

It'd be nice to see creators getting more notice for sure but I see other cc creators and fans being on the bitter side tbh.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it'd be cool to have more cc in the game, but the whole point of cc is that it's free content and it should stay that way imo.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    ah true, good point @LiELF

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Personally, I like the idea of cc creators being able to properly earn something for their work. What I would really like to see, however, is EA teaming up with the modders to properly fix the game! That could be explosive. Without many of the mods I have installed, I may be grousing over gameplay along with some of the rest of you. But mods saved Sims3 for me and I no longer fear using them. In fact, I embrace mods. I wouldn't have a singer Sim, currently, without Road to Fame which augments GF. Also, with the many mishaps I've suffered through (some by my own hand, and others just mishaps) without MCCC to help skill my family created all at once in CAS, starting all over again would have been far more painful than it ended up being.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Thing is, if they really wanted too, EA could have an in game mods thing with strict content guidelines and partially curated like Bethesda do with Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 to bring a selection of CC and mods to those on consoles (not creation club), with a more user friendly interface of course. But they seem more interested in profit, so they wont.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    Maybe, some of these cc creators custom content are modified existing content from packs that Maxis have made, which they can't do if they want to sell them as kits. These mod creators would have to create everything from scratch.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Maybe, some of these cc creators custom content are modified existing content from packs that Maxis have made, which they can't do if they want to sell them as kits. These mod creators would have to create everything from scratch.

That's very possible, I never thought about that.

I do know several CC creators do take pack content and separate things, like shirts, pants, shoes from full outfits. Remove shirts from jackets and turn them into an accessory jacket. They also do what's called "franken-meshing" ... where they might take the upper bodice portion of a dress, remove it, and attach it to a different skirt or make a shirt out it.

Same thing with objects ..... deco items that are part of shelves or cabinets, food stalls, etc .... they detach them and make them individual objects.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited March 2021
    Only if I can get meaningful stories, wonderfulwhims and the better maps mod by Filipe Marcel in the game. I don't care that much about cc clothing and objects at the moment, unless they add more rocking chairs and kitchen counters (they are needed). Maybe smaller telescopes could be coming in a kit?
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I like I few of the creators here, but I see so many problems with that opposed to good. especially with the community snubbing said creators because they put their content in a pack through EA you have to pay for and can't get for free (if you're PC). Just see it being a huge stink with the community as the fandom is completely unforgiving. People already iffy with some that do patreon and not wanting to wait two weeks or so (not talking about the ones that completely lock out others and never release because they're definitely a lot of them).

Not like Sim Studio can't make items like that (considering quality and style of items have grown wayyyyy better since the beginning of the game). Just really a matter of taste and what kind of style to go for. I'd love to see more contemporary style furniture sets in this game for sure along with industrial. <3

It'd be nice to see creators getting more notice for sure but I see other cc creators and fans being on the bitter side tbh.

@LadyKyn Maybe EA could create a platform like mod the sims or the sims resource for us to upload cc and mods, and take the most popular ones and turn them into free kit packs available for console players to use + full assistence from maxist o keep those "official" mods and cc updated and working.
  • SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    Want, want, want, ALL OF IT!!

Like NOW please - thank youuuuu :#
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    It depends on the style they're going with, what the OP is showing is ok but I don't want everything to be that style going forward, I'd like some style variety. Generally, I'm not a big fan of minimalist or the Ikea look and I flat out dislike styles from the '50s, '60s and '70s.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The only issue with getting cc creators involved in packs along with the whole gamechangers with lots is they only pick well established names in their field. I don’t use cc but when I’ve searched for it there are so many creators how can ea decide who to pick? It’s a great platform for the creators and they are very talented but I personally would prefer ea to stick to ea same with the builds.