Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there so much fighting lately?

I noticed that most threads regarding the sims 4 turn into a warzone lately (I'm exaggerating of course), did something happen that I missed? Or is this because of the new "kit" thing?
I'm just curious since I've been absent for a few weeks 😅

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The new DLC "Kits" are causing a lot of controversy. Many people aren't akin to having more DLC thrown in their faces, myself included. But opinions are quite divided around here.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Yes it's the kit thing, theres alot of opinions about it 😂
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    This has been building up since the release of Sims 4. There are several factors at play and with censorship taking over the forums I can not go into detail. Buckle up it's going to get bumpy around here.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited February 2021
    We'll se how it goes after the "Kit" thing is officially introduced :)

*makes sure to have enough popcorn*
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited February 2021
    Everyones fighting meanwhile I'm over here having a carry on, on the forums 😂 dont mind me hahaha
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tha lack of dragons is starting to get on everyone's nerves. We need them.

Ahh.. Torch to save the day? :p

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tha lack of dragons is starting to get on everyone's nerves. We need them.

Ahh.. Torch to save the day? :p
    We won't know unless we try.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Yes it's the kit thing, theres alot of opinions about it 😂

What is this "kit" thing??
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I don't really think it's any more fighting than usual.

People have very different opinions on things that bother them and other people are commenting that those things don't bother them, and it gets the "bothered person" upset because people aren't joining in with the "bothered topic" and so that person is trying to explain more about why it should bother the people who commented about it not bothering them and it just keeps going back and forth

Just grab some popcorn and sit back and watch! :*
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I don't really think it's any more fighting than usual.

People have very different opinions on things that bother them and other people are commenting that those things don't bother them, and it gets the "bothered person" upset because people aren't joining in with the "bothered topic" and so that person is trying to explain more about why it should bother the people who commented about it not bothering them and it just keeps going back and forth

Just grab some popcorn and sit back and watch! :*
    That's kind of a one-sided take on a multi-sided issue, honestly.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've noticed that too. I politely commented on why I don't want Sims 5 & a certain player was mean to me, so I had to flag that player. I don't like mean people. I don't mind talking about opinions & not agreeing to popular stuff. I love diversity in a good way, not a mean way.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I think its about the same actually. Whenever news pops ups sometimes there is controversy. There are people who are in favor, opposed to it, the opposers aggravating the supporters and the supporters aggravating the opposers and then each from each group making threads complaining about the other. Same as usual :D
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Oh, so it was the new kits after all (besides the usual disagreements that happen from time to time), thanks for filling me in!
    Boy, I can only imagine what will happen when they officially announce it next week 😅 the price better not be high or people will reaaaally get mad now.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2021
    In short the return of the Sims 3 Store with the Sims 4 Kits is what making many upset. It was a buggy store that broke many saves in the Sims 3 and with how buggy Simmers say the existing packs are, ironic that they are wanting the most well known bugged content known to the Sims franchise.

Plus politics messing with social media has caused huge divides between family members too beyond just the Sims. We are living in an angry and violent world now. People are craving for wars so much more now than when I was a kid.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh, pick a topic. Everything causes "controversy" these days. But I think it was a combination of the Kits leak plus the free patch of content that made people go berserk. As soon as the devs breathe there's a hullaballoo, lol.

You'd never even know that bunk beds were officially announced to be coming in March. (Waves tiny pom-poms.)
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Oh, pick a topic. Everything causes "controversy" these days. But I think it was a combination of the Kits leak plus the free patch of content that made people go berserk. As soon as the devs breathe there's a hullaballoo, lol.

You'd never even know that bunk beds were officially announced to be coming in March. (Waves tiny pom-poms.)
    I like the patch. Super excited the mod community was recognized for their amazing work. I'm happy about the bunk beds too. I don't think I have ever been 100% happy or disappointed in the Sims franchise. There has always been somethings I like and some I don't. It's like everyone has to pick a hype train or band wagon when I am just happy riding my safe Toyota with my dog. People are just too into the extremes these days which is odd.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

I like the patch. Super excited the mod community was recognized for their amazing work. I'm happy about the bunk beds too. I don't think I have ever been 100% happy or disappointed in the Sims franchise. There has always been somethings I like and some I don't. It's like everyone has to pick a hype train or band wagon when I am just happy riding my safe Toyota with my dog. People are just too into the extremes these days which is odd.

I agree. Maybe people just need a good dog or cat around to soothe those emotions. 😁 I guess the Sims 4 really does represent real people these days when emotions become the focus of our behaviors.
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2021
    It comes in waves. It’s not really about the kits, it’s just another one of those waves.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
    edited February 2021
    I'm just going to say it, theres enough problems in real life, without agruements starting on here about a game, we all have different opinions but you can voice them in a respectful way and also just a thought yous can always just agree to disagree, I do stand by if you dont like something dont buy it, you wouldnt buy haggis if you didn't like it ? Would you ? 😂, a game is no different, if you dont like those kits dont buy them
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm just going to say it, theres enough problems in real life, without agruements starting on here about a game, we all have different opinions but you can voice them in a respectful way and also just a thought yous can always just agree to disagree, I do stand by if you dont like something dont buy it, you wouldnt buy haggis if you didn't like it ? Would you ? 😂, a game is no different, if you dont like those kits dont buy them

Scottish person mentioned haggis! :D
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    There seems to always be fighting following any kind of announcement of a new release.

New stuff pack, game pack, expansion, freebies, updates; everyone comes out of the woodwork to give their opinion on said announcement... at least the forum is hardly ever boring 😄
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    people when ever there is news always complain
    also its the nature of the internet its what happens when people with different view points talk about things because there
    from different backgrounds and so what they all like is very different the one thing we all like on this forum is the sims
    and its not even the same sims game a lot of the time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    I feel like it always happens when something new happens that's not what "the community wants" or doesn't meet peoples expectations.
    Some people end up disappointed and it just brings back up all their frustrations with the game, others feel like it's better than nothing or are happy with it and then get frustrated at other people for complaining so much. Then you bring the two together and..

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47x8ss266rs3duwh9teykllkxv3mi66uazpv73l9pv&rid=giphy.gif