Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

EA is being EA again. And EA is pure greed on coffee. As always.

I am honestly surprised that the micro transactions haven't been in this game, but I guess EA must milk it since well quite frankly SIms 4 is still one of their last successful titles after all the fails with Bioware's games, Sim City, Star Wars loot boxes scandals and the loss of the Star Wars licence and FIFA lawsuits for making kids gamblers...
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Where is this information, and what is a kit?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Where is this information, and what is a kit?

https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/1365031652515336213
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Are you sure about this? Do you have a link you can provide with info?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Do you have a link to that info?
    Well, at least we know what that dust thing was going
    • She/Her.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited February 2021
    Oh, so the dust in the code was for a vacuum cleaner. You might like this @simgirl1010

I wonder if it is gonna really happen, and how much will it cost. Strange to offer such a thing this late in the game though.
    My guess is that these might be what stuff packs were like a little while ago, just stuff, and that they're going to keep their stuff packs at Paranormal levels of content. And that hat(?) in throwback kit fit looks interesting....
    • She/Her.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    AHahaa-haa! You Go, EA. :lol:

Well, more packs and more mini-packs. They did say they'd keep going until it was insane to add more. I guess they've not hit the mark yet. Wonder want's next - Envelopes?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    Oh, so the dust in the code was for a vacuum cleaner. You might like this @simgirl1010

I wonder if it is gonna really happen, and how much will it cost. Strange to offer such a thing this late in the game though.

My bet is that it's worth $2.90 so they'll charge $8.90 for it.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    My guess is that these might be what stuff packs were like a little while ago, just stuff, and that they're going to keep their stuff packs at Paranormal levels of content. And that hat(?) in throwback kit fit looks interesting....

In other words, more money for them. At this point, there is just too much dlc.
    More money for them, more stuff for me, sounds like a fair trade for that hat lol
    • She/Her.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Oh my..cuz stuff packs aren't lacking enough now we'll never get a new gameplay objects just a a bunch of chairs and a socks for 5$?

EA...this..is..too..much
    More money for them, more stuff for me, sounds like a fair trade for that hat lol

Except that the consumer ends up paying more money in the long run.
    I’m getting Bethesda Creation Club vibes from this. You know, where you pay $5 for an armor set...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don't understand
    were the images in files?

i really hope these are not ts3 store pack all over again...
    just when stuff packs are starting to have actual content... p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    When EA asked what packs we would want to see updates for, I thought they would update those packs with free content. But no, they're just making updates for them and selling them off separately.

Well, at least dusting is optional. :/
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Well this seems like outright trash! :D

Can't wait until I can buy individual hairs for 2 euros again 8-)
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
    bixters wrote: »

Except that the consumer ends up paying more money in the long run.
    I’m getting Bethesda Creation Club vibes from this. You know, where you pay $5 for an armor set...

I don't play Bethesda games, so your vibes could be 100% right! But no one's forcing anybody to buy the packs. Of course, people will end up spending more money in the long run, because otherwise they just wouldn't have the option to spend the money. If they release a generations pack, people who buy generations are going to end up spending more money then if EA hadn't released generations, and so on and so forth with every pack that has ever or ever will be released. It's just how it goes.

More options are always nice in my mind.
    • She/Her.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm...actually interested LOL

I was thinking the same. :D
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't understand
    were the images in files?

i really hope these are not ts3 store pack all over again...
    just when stuff packs are starting to have actual content... p_p

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It depends on the content and the price but it seems that i'm doing with this what i did with sims 3 store: not buying anything. It was too expensive and some premium items were bugged...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As someone who does not have to buy everything I find this interesting depending on the price and looking at the 3 options I will pass on them. The throwback pants look modern to me with the same above the ankle pants we always get they need to put in some effort and actually create a new mesh once in awhile.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Maybe they are doing away with stuff packs now ? Those better not be overly expensive 🤣, I think the sims 4 has got longer than we thought
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited February 2021
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm...actually interested LOL

I’m interested too! I don’t use mods or custom content, so the more stuff Maxis brings out the happier I will be! I’m quite excited!!