Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :) :) :)
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for this💛
  • CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    My Challenge happens to be the Ace Attorney route, the way it goes is that one of the Sims start a Law career path, which that is what I will be doing. At least, one of them will. This is the challenge I'll be pursuing. I hope I can do this. A Family in the Law Business! Let me know what you guys think about it?
  • LordThebesLordThebes Posts: 19 Member
    I have a rule question. I just found out the sim I picked to be the spouse to my most recent heir has an aspiration I'm not fond of, it's one of the vampire ones and I like vampires in other game saves but I would rather keep them out of the legacy. Is there any rules about changing a spouse's aspiration?
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited February 2021
    @LordThebes I just looked over the rules and I can't see it says anywhere. The only thing I can see is that if a spouse has a tutorial aspiration, you can randomise it to get a playable one. I usually randomise a new one or choose a new one based on their traits, but I think we're supposed to just use the aspiration they already have.
    I also have a question: Do you have to pay for the house of a spare when you move them out?
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Is it against the rules to play with MCCC? I don't currently use any mods but have considered getting MCCC to provide some story progression in my game before starting a legacy. My play style is rotational and I've never stuck with just one household before, but I really want to try out the legacy challenge and actually follow the rules/keep score and see where it all goes. I have concerns, though, that the townies, neighbors, and spares will not progress at all in their lives and it's gonna drive me crazy. If I don't use the MCCC mod, is there any natural story progression that takes place in the game? What's everyone's experience with this?

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    edited April 2021
    @amp107 I use MCCC in my legacy. I think that as long as you're not using it to cheat for the legacy household, such as money, relationships, skills etc, it is fine. I have my settings so that it doesn't effect my active household, only other ones.
    This means that my spares also get married, have children, have children in-law, have grandchildren etc. It also means that non-played households have kids and eventually my heir can marry Mortimer Goth's great-great-granddaughter (this happened in my legacy).

The rules on mods say:
    No cheats/hacks/mods that give you an advantage over someone who did not use them.
    The rule of thumb is that using a specific cheat/hack/mod will not put your family in any better of a position compared to someone who did not use one.

I think that's as long as your MCCC settings don't break the rules or make the challenge easier, you should be okay with having it.
    Hope this helps :smile:.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks @JamesSims528! I see your legacy story is linked above. I'm considering writing about mine as well, so I might hop over and check yours out for inspiration :)

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • AtanyaAtanya Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm Preparing my sim and his familytree right now. :) I'm going in directly for the hardest Difficulty, I love a good challenge <3
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Questions:
    1.) I want to give my first sim/founder some family for story reasons, can I make them in CAS and split the household up so I can move the founder in by themselves and move the others elsewhere so it doesn't give him any extra funds? It's purely for story purposes.

2.) On children and spouses, if I have a male sim with multiple lovers (and one primary "spouse" that lives in the home with him) can he have children (potential heirs) born OUTSIDE the home via those extra lovers (that live outside the home) and move the kids in once born or do they have to be all from the primary spouse?

3.) I'm a little confused on the primary spouse rule. I want to have a poly sim, could he have one primary "spouse" and maybe one backup "spouse" living in the home and multiple lovers outside the home? Or just one primary spouse living in and the other lovers outside? Would I be able to move out the "backup spouse" at some point (and they wouldn't be able to join back in)?

4.) Jealousy. So, naturally going with a polyamorous founder sim the whole jealousy thing cramps my style and the story I want to go with. I know there is a "no jealousy" reward trait, but that's after completing the aspiration and I'd rather start with it just on a fundamental writing POV. Am I allowed to turn jealousy off? Or can I just turn off jealousy for the sim once they've reached the aspiration & give it to their respective lovers once its reached? I don't want to turn off jealousy completely for everyone but I don't want folks getting jealous (unless they have the jealous trait ofc) when they're not supposed to. Like a open marriage/free love situation, not a serial cheater. I can live with having to go through the serial romance aspiration to get the no jealousy trait, but I don't want him getting jealous if his partners have other partners cause it doesn't fit with what I want to go with.

5.) Alternative Woohoo Options and Pregnancy. So, I have The Mod that Shall Not Be Named, which is of adult nature and offers "alternative woohoo" options with it's own pregnancy chance (or a period/fertility cycle option, but I don't like that so I turn that off). Should I turn off the chance for pregnancy via these alternative woohoo options or should I just put in the same percentage that the game does for "Try for a Baby"? There are pros and cons to this, as the Alternative Woohoo options give more randomized chance of unwanted/unplanned pregnancy (which could be a challenge), or could be viewed as making getting knocked up easier. Idk.

6.) Is the "no pre-made spouses" a really hardened rule? I've seen mixed messages on this. I don't really care about traits and maximize scoring or anything like that; I'm just more personally invested in the pre-made sims on a personal level and would rather save the randomized townie romance options down the line for future generations vs the beginning. Especially since most of my townies aren't the most appealing looks wise.

Thanks in advance!
  • TinaplayssimsTinaplayssims Posts: 10 New Member
    @BlueR0se - in my opinion the legacy ‘rules’ are only guidelines for playing your family - this is meant to be enjoyable so I say do whatever helps you enjoy the game and write a story………
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I have a question, I'm just starting a Legacy Challenge. I have a Snow White sim that had 7 children. I've made her youngest child her heir for the Legacy. For the household do I need to keep all 6 of the heir's siblings in the household, because, I'm running out of room & it's a bit too much? I don't use mods/MCCs. However, I do have most of the packs. Any advice please?
  • popiyi9417popiyi9417 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have some questions regarding scoring. First of all, how is the Discover University point given? You just have to choose one of the two universities and your family can only go there (and that's all)? Or does every heir have to enroll in that university and get a degree?
    Also, one of the points is given by collecting every single consumable aspiration reward. Does that mean you have to store EVERY single one you buy or you just need to have 1 of each before the challenge ends?
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I have a question, I'm just starting a Legacy Challenge. I have a Snow White sim that had 7 children. I've made her youngest child her heir for the Legacy. For the household do I need to keep all 6 of the heir's siblings in the household, because, I'm running out of room & it's a bit too much? I don't use mods/MCCs. However, I do have most of the packs. Any advice please?

I usually move non-heirs out of the house once the heir has been chosen, but if the heir is still a child, then you probably want to move out each sibling as they hit YA.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Thanks for the advice @lilypadmeulin. It was getting crazy making my Snow White's grown children roommates while continuing her line with her youngest child who finally grown, also she's now a Great-Grandmother.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice @lilypadmeulin. It was getting crazy making my Snow White's grown children roommates while continuing her line with her youngest child who finally grown, also she's now a Great-Grandmother.

Congrats to her! Glad I could help!
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited February 2022
    EDIT: Nevermind.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Hey everyone!

I've got a question about the scoring. Sorry if someone has asked this before and it's already answered :#

There's the one point you can get for ALL TEN deaths on your legacy lot. The thing is that there are way more than 10 ways to die by now. So my question is:

Do you get the point when you have ten different deaths or when you get all possible deaths now?

• dbrh79dbrh79 Posts: 9 New Member
    Try this one I created and am playing atm

**The Start from Nothing Challenge**

You start with a basic cheap house, with an end goal of having completed the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration AND have $100,000 AND have a 100 tile house.

The rules:
    No cheats EXCEPT the money cheat to set money to zero once you've built your micro house.

To start:
    Create a sim, any gender, any traits, but aspiration MUST be the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    Create a 20 tile home on an empty lot.

Buy the CHEAPEST items below and only these 8 items:
    Single bed,
    Shower,
    Toilet,
    Fridge,
    Stove,
    Fire alarm,
    Counter and sink,
    Armchair

Then use the cheat to set money to zero.

Now your sim is out in the world and needs to make their money any way they can, working their way up to a better life. You can start improving the house and buying better furniture once you can afford it.

Win criteria:
    1) Complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
    2) AND have $100,000
    3) AND have a 100 tile house.

#Sims4challenge #Sims4startfromnothingchallenge
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Hey everyone!

I've got a question about the scoring. Sorry if someone has asked this before and it's already answered :#

There's the one point you can get for ALL TEN deaths on your legacy lot. The thing is that there are way more than 10 ways to die by now. So my question is:

Do you get the point when you have ten different deaths or when you get all possible deaths now?

I know it's been a while since you asked, but I've been working on the assumption that it requires a Sim to die in each of the possible ways, and not just 10 of them. I haven't been able to find anything authoritative on it, though, so that's just my interpretation.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top