Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What unexpected things have your townies done?

One of my Sims recently joined the active Detective career and I was surprised to see Ted Roswell (aka the mayor of Strangerville) was Chief of Police. I didn’t realise NPCs could randomly be put into the top of a career, especially since he’s unemployed as default.

I was curious to see what weird things you’ve noticed in your game.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It always seems strange to me when "Major" NPC/Townies get jobs assigned for food stalls. Its really crazy feeling when I take my sim to the food stalls and see Wealthy Heiress, Cassandra Goth hawking her wares in a cupcake booth.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Leaving food all over the floor. It is especially happening in san myshuno where the foodstalls are, but it also happens in other worlds like that park in sel dol valley. It just seems like they cant help themselves whenever they are near any thing that can be used to get food, really :|
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    One of my restaurants in Windenberg has been pretty consistent in having Jacques Villareal show up as a waiter. Seems a little out of character but he seems happy enough.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    These are so weird! I guess any “unplayed” household gets thrown into the random chance pot every time a new service npc is generated
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    These are so weird! I guess any “unplayed” household gets thrown into the random chance pot every time a new service npc is generated
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Found out recently that a mod is doing this, but I didn't expect one of my sims to run around town naked.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Have witnessed a few naked joggers in Evergreen Harbour and outbreaks of kleptomania in several neighbourhoods. Someone even stole all the tables and chairs from my park in Strangerville!
    I've also had beach and island related odd job requests from Sims who don't live in Sulani.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    One time Vlad came over to visit one of my Sims, and he went outside to rake leaves. And another time Vlad was bartending at a club I created
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2021
    Clara Bjergsen ghost trying to flirt with my sim that was elsa bjergsens bf until i killed bjergsen family....

bruh... you dont just go making romance bars with your daughters ex boyfriend whos family murdered u
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    @RySBI wrote: »
    uB8bB23.jpg
    Most poor job a NPC has ever had, especially you know well this particular individual has Child of Ocean Trait.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • dryzoneaudryzoneau Posts: 48 Member
    Mimsy the ghost showed up at my sims birthday party! There was no invitation, didn't know any of my sims and left as soon as she came! For a few solid seconds it wouldn't even let me hover to see her name.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited February 2021
    It was hilarious to see Bob Pancakes using my Sims' yoga mat and afterwards taking a mud bath in their bath tub while he came to visit. Before he left he also ate some fruit salad from their fridge. He didn't even talk to my Sims who lived in there, he just walked straight to do his things and left after he was done. I guess he was having a some kind of wellness & health day in my Sims home. Rude!
    I can only imagine what would've happened if my Sim had done the same in his home...
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    All of the food stalls and random playable jobs they end up having.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Found out recently that a mod is doing this, but I didn't expect one of my sims to run around town naked.

I have seen this happening in my recent save with no mods installed! I made a father for Liberty Lee and he was running past her and her husbands house naked!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

Possessed Sims walk through my sims' house in Strangerville - they walk right though the walls (and apparently the refrigerator too)! There have been several - pretty funny really.

GLxfbY0.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I once created an evil clown NPC to terrorise the worlds but the game made him a barista!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I recently encountered a randomly generated townie that wasn't dressed like a colour-blind clown, and even had a name to match their ethnicity. That was quite unexpected, almost surreal.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    - Residents attacking my police sims during patrol came unexpected. I somehow had assumed the angry sims would only attack each other.
    - Mila Munch recently opened a restaurant and the first guests to arrive were Mrs. Bjergsen with someone, then Mr. Bjegsen with someone else and then the Fyres couple. It was as if they had spaced their visits out like this to give Mila maximum income (and encouragement)
    - In the same restaurant Moira got into a fight with the food critic. The funny thing about was that Moira had a five star bubble over her head, but the critic a three star one. It looked as if they were arguing about the review.
    - The same restaurant got a new waiter, actually an undercover detective. Now with my large number of police sims, I get at least one as customer every day, that's normal statistics. But the day when my underground detective started work EVERY SINGLE GROUP that arrived to eat had a cop in. Guys, you're great, wanting to help your co-worker. But, please, try not to blow his cover!!!
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    RySBI wrote: »

Does anybody know if this is true or not?
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    One of my Sims recently joined the active Detective career and I was surprised to see Ted Roswell (aka the mayor of Strangerville) was Chief of Police. I didn’t realise NPCs could randomly be put into the top of a career, especially since he’s unemployed as default.

I was curious to see what weird things you’ve noticed in your game.

Back when I played with the detective career, maybe 1-2 years ago now, the chief of police was one of the Caliente sisters (the one with the long red hair). It is weird to find premades shoved into particular roles. Everytime I saw her, I kept wondering, of all the townies and NPC that get generated in the game, why her??
    In my current play, Vlad was a barista in the Windenberg cafe. But when I tried to play him, just to find out more info, it turns out he is unemployed.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Marcus Flex streaked past my sim's house. I don't have any mods installed currently.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    edited March 2021
    In one save file, my main family's child invited her townie friend over to their San Myshuno apartment. They went out into one of the squares, and her friend peed herself :o!
    4kkjdXo.png

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Bob Pancakes had a cardiac explosion and died on my sim's dining room floor when Eliza flirted with someone else.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    My current played sim has a small flower shop, built up from the scratch in a rags to riches game. As usual celebrities with their paparazzi came too. But one paparazzo tried to steal from my poor sim and they have got into a fight, I have never seen this before. My sim won, but now I wish I could deny the paparazzi the access to my shop.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    Couple weeks ago in a save file that deleted Vlad came to the house and started cleaning it up as he tried to flirt with the teenage female sim that lived there after he left he would appear every night and not once try to bite her