Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Households?

I just finished my first rotation on my current save and saw that I have played 42 households! It got me wondering how many households other people play (per saved game).

How Many Households? 122 votes

Just the one
37%
haneulBeardedgeeksimgirl1010RubyxAngelSeera1024TorieLustianiciaAquariusMomMizzila129706Bon06spice3mat555foxybillybenson2006Paulmarch76annaliese39OnverserWaytoomanyUIDsEvaliynMarkwilson 46 votes
2-5
15%
GalacticGalPlayerSinger2010DOLLDRMS1ElnVldAjaGioJordan243Kate2450blueyblueskysnoepjes1210ParmaViolet87catmando830calipossMareahMonaveilGeralt_ofRiviaLehmanLegacyorenjiAipieka33GrimReaper1744 19 votes
6-10
10%
TheSpotted_Ctaydevduhboy2u2floridameerkatNetzspannungWinifred_WillowLyrieGitaFlapHearts4uSimmingalReaganboganUmbreon12 13 votes
10-20
10%
crocobaurabshag4lvelelunicyHarukotyanDaepheneAngeliqueAdelaidetatselkAaleynErsa_MiddletonVeeDubACruelButLovingGodRySBIsimmerann 13 votes
21-40
11%
CamkatMLadyAzzeraNinoosimDaravitexxx78musteniLinzzSERVERFRAsarabeth2984Sharonianetney52Nate_Whiplash1ShachaaiPennyDreadPriestess 14 votes
41-60
4%
SimburianelanorbretonEnkiSchmidtbirdonawiretelemwill 5 votes
61-100
3%
luthienrisingemereLiELFGrumpyGlowfish 4 votes
Over 100
4%
Annie2008RedShoe7HopeyStarrjohnjetDrakosHandel 6 votes
I don't 'play', I just build.
1%
phantasmkissSimtown15 2 votes
I don't 'play', I just make sims in CAS.
0%

Comments

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited February 2021
    Just the one
    I've tried playing the townies rotationally many times but I always get bored :'D Now I've been playing just one family for a little over a year.
    I just don't know how to make rotational gameplay interesting for myself.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    10-20
    Wow, I don't actually know. I have a couple of saves in which I only play one or two, but most others I rotate in varying numbers. I don't have a set rotation on any of them; I just go with what I feel like doing at any given moment. So I can't really give a number I play per save, as such. If I had to guess, though, it might average out to around a dozen, maybe more.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    21-40
    When i play in rotation i play around 27-28 households.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    2-5
    Right now it is this! I am expecting it to increase because i am playing a legacy and i might want to keep playing the other offspring. We will see, but i am not used to playing this many households at all so it should be interesting, or it might turn to be not my prefered style of playing.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    21-40
    Last time I counted my households there were a bit over 30 that I considered played. I have a limit on my favourites tab and I try not to let the amount of sims grow too high. It's partly because I've noticed I enjoy some households more than others and I don't want too many households that feel like extras.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    21-40
    Currently I have 32 played households. I'm playing with all the premade families that are in game so the number of families keeps going up.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    10-20
    I like to create new households with parallel storylines, that sometimes cross over, so I flit between them :)

No doubt over time I’ll create more and more.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited February 2021
    6-10
    Idk but quite sure its not over 10 yet in this save

i mostly play like one main family and jump into some premade families at times and add own families on the side when i get fun household ideas and such but all depends on what my main family is up to
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    41-60
    Technically 58 households, but I do not play a strict rotation, so several months can pass before I return to one of the less important ones.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    In one save I play one family, in the other I play 2-5 households so I wasn't sure what to vote. 😁
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Just the one
    When you play rotationally, do you play one household for a Sim day? How do you get them to level up skills?

I play one family exclusively. I plan on eventually adding their kids’ households to my play once they age up and branch off.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Just the one
    Leaving just a part of the main household to the poor AI when I take some sims on a holiday is enough. The idea I'd regularly swap between several households in the same save... scary!
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Just the one
    I mostly play one household per save. I would probably have 2-10 households if I played rotational.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    Just the one
    I focus on just one, which is why I voted that way, but if I have my main household "settled" and can let them go on autopilot for a sim week or two (everyone's achieved the job level I want, the kids have their aspirations settled, the toddler's maxed out) I'll sometimes pop around to another household to set things up for the next story I want to tell. Especially if it involves getting what are intended to be NPC's to certain levels without cheats because said cheats are buggy. (University, Realm of Magic)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited February 2021
    1-5 per save. I usually have about 3 story saves. I usually play 1 household. I usually play 1 sim.
    I create the other households as part of my sim’s narrative...but occasionally I hop over to see how the rest is doing.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Just the one
    One household per save because I'm too controlling to leave my sims alone. I have at least 40 different saves though
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    10-20
    I think my current plan will put me at about 28 eventually, but I just hit 18 and it will be months before that goes up because I'm waiting for the spares to grow up and it takes a while for anyone to age when you're playing 18 households with aging on only for the active one. So at this point I haven't played more than 20 households at a time in Sims 4 yet, but I've been in the teens for at least a year.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    10-20
    My unending bouncing around may seem like it's yielded 100 played households, but since I tend to play a given story to a natural conclusion, it does take time to see that conclusion out (whether it's raising a kid, maxing a career, moving a sim from a low-end house or apartment to a higher-end housing situtation, or whatever), which places a natural brake on the total number of unique households I've played in my current (since I bought this computer last February) save. At last count it was 15.

Unless you count the ones I kill off. Those are over in five or ten minutes of real-world time, max. But my hall-of-shame graveyard's got over two dozen bodies buried in it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    41-60
    Sepia wrote: »
    When you play rotationally, do you play one household for a Sim day? How do you get them to level up skills?
    I tend to play a couple of days per household, depending on what I'm doing with them at the time. But this can vary between 1 sim day and about 1 sim week. They just level up on skills as I play them, I'm not in any great hurry to do that.

I love playing rotational, because it gives so much variety instead of having to stick to one storyline for a long time.

I'm pretty impressed that a few people voted for over 100!
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    10-20
    I'm at 13 right now, I think. 20 family members don't have their own homes yet, so at some point I'll have 33 households.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    41-60
    The most in the one Save so far but many more over all my Saves. The trouble is I want to build and keep making new Saves and starting all over again when new packs come out.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited February 2021
    Over 100
    I play 123 households, ageing off, and with the number always growing. Of course some households I play way more than others. This includes premades, sims I got from the gallery, sims I made, and sims born in the game. One of the reasons why I started jumping households was because the game would randomly assign unplayed sims to fill jobs like bartender and waiter and personally I didn't like seeing Nancy Landgraab working as a bartender when I knew she already had a job. So I went in, gave premades who lost back their original jobs, and left them as played households so the game would instead grab from the pool of endless townies to fill these roles.

I just love world building. It keeps me immersed in the story that I am trying to play out. Everyone has a place, a role, family, drama, basically a story to their name. The moment something happens that I don't like or that doesn't fit in with my save's world vision I have to fix it or get a mod that will fix it. Yes, I am a perfectionist.

I've started a few new saves for challenge purposes, but never from scratch. I'll used saves from other people where the world (lots included) around my sims have already been established. As for my main save, which I started in 2015, that has been mostly built up by me.

Everyone, even the townies, have connections. Be it as friends, family, co-workers, lovers, enemies, etc. Recently, I used a mod to check my total sim count and the total amount was sitting at 1133. And pretty much everyone who spawns receives a makeover too.
    Post edited by HopeyStarr on
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    61-100
    I honestly don't know. It might be over 100 but I'm not sure so I chose this answer. I'm always creating and adding more Sims to my game so I don't keep track. I tend to just jump in and play whoever I feel like at the moment. It's hard to keep relationships and Lifestyles and Sentiments so I miss the way Sims 2 operated where it froze the household stats until you return to it, but I can't play just one or even just a few households (with any Sims game) because I get bored. Some households I don't really play, I just put in for colonization purposes for other Sims to interact with or just to see wandering around the neighborhood. Like my Four Horsemen of the Simpocalypse. I put them in that grungy Eco Lifestyle neighborhood (can't remember the name) in a great trashy lot I got from the Gallery, so they fit in perfectly.

I also just love to create Sims, so I do have others that aren't in my game or who just work as random townies.
    #Team Occult
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I don't 'play', I just build.
    I generally just build. When I do play, it's a single household, usually with a full house. I don't like moving family members out, I don't like leaving my Sims alone without me, so I keep everyone I'm playing together.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Just the one
    I had to go with just the one because that's what I prefer. I will play 2 or 3 for a while if need be but I usually get annoyed with that and either stop playing the others to focus on one or consolidate them together. I'm having a problem now because I have 2 households and I only want to play one but I don't know who to not play or what. *sigh*