Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trash can woes

Is there a way to stop trash cans from getting knocked over? I've also noticed that my trash cans are missing from my lots. I need help. This is very frustrating. Especially the knocking over of the trash cans.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• emluckysunshineemluckysunshine Posts: 58 Member
    I had the exact same problem as you with Sims knocking over trash cans. It was happening way too much and on all lots I visited. I ended up finding a mod that prevents it if you use them. It's Bienchen's "noautonomouskicktrashcan" under the Autonomy Mods section and it works great. Other than using said mod, I haven't found a way to prevent it occuring so much. Hope this helps you for that problem. As for missing trash cans, are you sure Sims aren't swiping them with the Sharing is Caring N.A.P. from Eco? Other than that, I haven't heard or seen of trash cans just disappearing.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    For those who use MCCC, you can also disable the kicking with MCCC Tuner Autonomy Scan. Which is basically the same as doing it with Bienchen's mod, except you don't need to get a separate mod for it, if you already have MCCC.
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    Thank you both for your helpful advice. I'll look into the mods. I haven't used any mods for the sims 4 so far. This problem annoys me enought to give it a shot.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    @vessme I sometimes use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat to let me place community lot bins that can’t be kicked over, such as the ones you find at parks
  • cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    I usually place the outdoor bin at the side or back of the house and place a fence or half wall around it leaving an opening or gate if necessary. I surround the area with some shrubs and flowers to blend it in.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Use the nanocan. I've never seen it get kicked over.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2021
    vessme wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop trash cans from getting knocked over? I've also noticed that my trash cans are missing from my lots. I need help. This is very frustrating. Especially the knocking over of the trash cans.

Build a fence around it and give the inside space enough room for a sim to enter, also the trash can needs to have at least 2 free spaces behind it, otherwise it will "bug out" and the sim can't use it(or it may just be because of that light pole in my game). Then you can set a restriction on the door of the fence.

I had to do this for my dogs as they kept knocking it over.

qpdKwhv.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    vessme wrote: »

Build a fence around it and give the inside space enough room for a sim to enter, also the trash can needs to have at least 2 free spaces behind it, otherwise it will "bug out" and the sim can't use it(or it may just be because of that light pole in my game). Then you can set a restriction on the door of the fence.

I had to do this for my dogs as they kept knocking it over.

qpdKwhv.png

I used to do this in Sims 2. I'd build a tiny fence around the trashcan (1x3 tiels as I recall) with a gate that only my sims could use!