Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2020
    @GLovely1 I, too, am sorry to hear about your student. I've heard on the news about the stress, anxiety, and depression among all ages, even small children, during this time and the tragic outcomes that have occurred. It's so sad. 😒

I have an idea for the challenge and have made a good start at it. I don't know at this point how long it'll take me, but I'll try to get it finished soon. πŸ™‚
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    Thank you for your sympathy @MeowchaFrappe and @NeoFelis22 πŸ’œ and for sharing your knowledge. People's mental and emotional health is extremely important right now. Let's all take a moment to help someone or make sure we're getting the help we need xoxo

I'm looking forward to seeing your entry @NeoFelis22 and if something outdoorsy from the sims world comes to mind @MeowchaFrappe please go for it! πŸ’œ
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    A wonderful new challenge to raise our festive spirits - it is going to be different this year for so many of us, not everyone will have a joyous season - whether that is an empty chair at the table or being the only one at the table to begin with. Its ok to be sad, just don't be sad alone - reach out and a hand will reach back, sometimes from the most unexpected place! (that sounded odder than I meant it to!). :#

Much love all ... here's my entry this week, hope they raise a smile x

Indiana & Atlanta
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D83A4351389B11EB8937F8716E6D1AC6

Indiana & Atlanta left their beds 2 look 4 Santa. Searched the paddock & the wood-they looked just everywhere they could. The snow fell harder-night got dark, Indy so cold she couldn’t bark. They huddled underneath a tree, longed 2 be sat on Santa’s knee. When all a sudden-flash of red, a big white beard-Ho!Ho! he said. Could all this cold have made them mad, he looked like Santa-voice like Dad! Back in their beds they snuggled under, th@ was a night of Winter Wonder! #Flash5Carter1#GLovelysQCC
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi everybody πŸ˜ƒ I liked very much the theme of the week πŸ˜ƒ
    My creations is about XMas time but is also a bit "sad" (at the beginning) ... but the important thing is that it has a real happy ending πŸ₯°
    Name of the entry: Granny lost and found
    Link to gallery:
    https://www.ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8BDEFD71389E11EB820A05BB85D44FD3

Little extended story:
    Dalila is a sweet granny that loves XMas and the colours of the feast decorations all around the winter snowy land ... Yes XMas is an happy time but life has also its usual problems... Dalila had such a long wedding: she got a son 5 grand daughters (2 of them gave her a grandson each) but, even if it happens so rarely when it comes to elder age, she divorced from her husband Leandro πŸ™
    Dalila kept anyway enjoying XMas markets and her walks in the winter land ... but one day she felt a bit confused (surely the stress of the current life times she's living stroke her at a sudden) and began wandering outside town through the woods ... She's lost her memory and at the moment can't even recall her las name ( ... ) a poor granny all alone!
    Lost in the forest! ... Lost ... and ... found (by a sweet Yeti) ❄️ ❀️ ❄️
    Dalila got no fear of the big creature: he had so gentle manners! Now they are having a very nice time together and a big friendship is blooming 🌸 The new Yeti friend is bringing her new happiness and a Christmas gift of joy πŸŽβ˜ƒοΈπŸŽ„

00.jpg

7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • LaTalpaVolanteLaTalpaVolante Posts: 23 Member
    Hi! Finally I found time to join the QCC again :) Love all the great entries for this week's challenge so far!

Here's the link to my submission, "Wonders of Winter":

https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/2AECEBD338B411EB88A91AE2A2C073C3

White frost sparkling on branches & twigs like diamonds; the low sun tinting the trees of the forest in fiery gold; her breath creating little clouds in the freezing air; a mysterious haze starting to form above meadows & fields... Rina looks at the sublime beauty of winter with reverence & astonishment. The solitude of the snowy woods and the peaceful silence uplift her, comfort her and help her to clear her head. How is she to know that winter's guardian himself is watching over her? Strangely, the powerful elf has started to feel loving affection for this lonely human girl...
    edited December 2020
    My entry is titled, Misty Winter

Magical Misty loves the snow and cold, she doesn't feel it if truth be told. If winter's lacking that look of wonderland, she helps it out with a wave of her hand. And in disguise 'round sims during the day, she'll join right in on their snowy play. But she likes night best when on snow blue shadows fall, for she blends right in wearing nothing at all!

Misty made it snow!
    rAHYH0g.png?2

Misty in disguise making snowpals with local children.
    UTLDHbh.png

Misty enjoying a snowball fight with the same children.
    EGfHZU1.png?1

Misty enjoying the snowy night, au naturel.
    gvB6RKi.png?1

I was inspired, once again, by @Flash5 to do a rhyming entry. 😊

Now I get to look at everyone else's entries!
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited December 2020
    My entry: Snow Queen

Bio: Crystal is the queen of Winter Wonderland, living in a gigantic ice castle, isolated from her kingdom. Some citizens view her as a cold queen (and not just because she possesses magical ice powers), but the truth is that the kingdom would have melted away ages ago if it wasn't for her.

rHiipuE.png

8b3Jgq2.png

ucgmPVl.png

Gwr03Uv.png
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @GLovely1 I'm so sorry to hear about your student. I agree that mental health is very important and I'm always here if anyone needs to talk. <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    edited December 2020
    @GLovely1 I'm so sorry to hear about your student... Maybe a nice conspiracy theory will make you feel better? <3

This weeks entry: Project zNow

9gWYAij.jpg
    Iclyine smiled at her husband: β€˜Did you know the humans believe snow is part of nature? They don’t know they’re part of one of the biggest experiments in the history of the universe!’

Her husband looked at her, he didn’t always feel comfortable with making these unknowing creatures suffer... yet some did seem to enjoy the cold. Project zNow was the newest and biggest experiment so far. Project yRus, HeatWave and OverCrowd had been completed, and some irrefutable conclusions were drawn. Project zNow took years to prepare, and the end goal was to learn as much about the impact of climates as possible. Not just snow, that’d be a starting point.

H81aYXm.jpg
    Today, Iclyine and Blaze were on an important mission with their children Janairo and Alba. They were going to fly very close to the surface of the Earth, trying to get as close to the snow as possible. They even got to fly with the Invisible DishDiver to get as close as possible. Somewhere on the IDD, Janairo and Alba were discussing how amazing it must be to experience snow. They were hoping their parents would let them go outside for a bit.

When the IDD came close to Earth, Janairo screamed BOOOO! in the pilot’s ear. The poor guy accidentally hit the land button, and the IDD slowly approached the surface of the Earth. Iclyine and Blaze noticed, and got a tad mad at their children, but when they saw the snowy forest up close, they could only stare outside.

i0qSdMq.jpg
    Of course, Janairo and Alba used this opportunity. They ran to the doors, and stepped outside. It was wonderful, and they immediately started playing the games the children of Earth had played. Carefully Iclyine and Blaze stepped outside. It wasn’t bad... the snow was strangely hot and cold at the same time and both soft and hard, but it didn’t seem to be dangerous for them.

7tyQFqx.jpg
    Keeping a close eye on their kids, Iclyine whispered to Blaze: 'We did it, darling, we successfully completed part 1 of project zNow!'
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    πŸ’œ Thank you Sims forum family for your kindness and support of all our awesome creators. I hope you feel as I do that the most fun is in the creating .. the win is a cool bonus but it's not why we keep coming back to create and share week after week. It's clear we really do just love this game! πŸ’œ

I have to share something important first, not to have you feel sadness, but to encourage you to reach out to the young people in your lives please. Check in on them. Actually check in on everyone. So many are struggling with feelings of loneliness due to the isolation this pandemic has caused. It's been too long and I think young emotions are not handling it very well right now. I never thought I'd lose a student at the elementary level but I did last Sunday. If you are struggling, please don't let another day go by without asking for help πŸ’œ

24th WEEKEND CHALLENGE!

Creative Direction & Rules:

I'm keeping this one short and sweet so I can reconnect with my favorite challenge. Let's roll with the idea of a warm winter treat. The actual treat in this case is the eye candy sims you create in the spirit of a winter wonderland. Are your sims partly responsible for creating this wonderland, like spirits, sprites and magical beings who can affect nature with only a feeling? Could they be part of nature living in the wintery woods like a two or four legged cuddly creature? Maybe simply a family of "normal" sims wearing winter wonderland style for her and him. If you didn't already guess, my inspiration this week was the traditional song, Winter Wonderland, and the lyric "walking in a winter wonderland".

Your challenge:

Create from 1-8 sims/animals/pets that are somehow experiencing a winter wonderland. Give us the feeling of being in the great outdoors and let your sim story take us on a fun winter wonderland tour. What are they doing outside in the cold? Do they have someone to hold? Do they somehow influence every snowflake or are they animals escaping the need for a hibernating break? Please think of anything in the sims world with an outdoor wintery theme and create your sims & story to share that special scene.

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC when you share your entry to the gallery. END DATE ~ SUNDAY 12/13 at 12:00 PM PST ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some winter wonderland ready households to nominate!

Rules:
    1. Your description should include your vision of what "walking in a winter wonderland" looks like to you and your sims.
    2. You may have 1 to 8 sims in your household, any age and pets are welcome.
    3. Remember to go for the "WOW" factor in looks & fashion creativity! Use what you have currently in CAS to design your sims in order to give us the feeling of a winter wonderland scene.
    4. Make sure your sims 1st outfit (everyday category) fits their story and feels connected to the outdoors somehow.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries will be considered "just for fun" entries.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Please stay safe, stay strong and stay creative! πŸ’œ Big hugs, thanks and love to you!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. It's so sad what is happening..
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Molecules bouncing all around. Feel the wind in your face. Should their feet touch the ground, they pick up again to once more race. Gale Williwaw is a stormy, cold wind that blows down the mountain and swirls around you. While some may say it's like a hug, it's more a freezing band of energy you should escape. #GLovelysQCC #GLovely1 #SnowyEscape #24thChallenge #MB #NoCC

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E48AADC13B7711EB803B1AE2A2C073C3

ClvajYI.png
    a8exNGu.png
    2MTBaWg.png
    kwSbIkj.png
    6CxDMpx.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hey @GLovely1 ! I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are for you & the student's family. :'(<3
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited December 2020
    Hello everyone!

I'm Grinchy! You know, winter wonderland is not all bright, colourful, & fun! I bet you know my uncle, the Grinch. Yes? No? Why you?! Well, don't tell me that I don't tell you! You can hide all your presents, cookies, & milks, but I'm going to steal it! This time, I'm not going to do it alone!
    zh212Kx.png

You know Conrad? Yeah, him, that old funny cat! He's Conrod's old man. They are just nothing, but fluffy kitties. Still, I need him to tag along. Just that, he enjoys partying all the time. It's so annoying! I might pull his tiny whiskers sometime someday!
    SBsYadz.png

But, I can trust Loreen, right? Who? Well, you know her grandpa though. That little orange guy with bushy mustachio? Yeah, him! The Lorax. Yep, he still lives there! Do you think I can trust, Loreen? She's a little bit paranoid, but she's my kind! I love the gloomy thing!
    Fttoxxx.png

But, my problem is, this little kid, Maya! She's trying to destroy my plan! What can I do? I need to stop her! Could you please help me? No... no... don't help her! Help me!!
    7DzIFOO.png

Before that, make sure you like & download me from the gallery. Yes, you have to! You ask me why? Why?? There's no "why", but "YES". Okie dokie? >:)

Gallery, Grinchy Squad
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    These entries are looking absolutely amazing!!!

I may decide to give this a try after all. With the two remaining days I have.
    Okay, so today was a little more stressful than I thought it would be. So I'll have to sit this round out.
    Okay, so today was a little more stressful than I thought it would be. So I'll have to sit this round out.

I wish that we'd gotten to see it. Hopefully you'll be able to participate in the next challenge.
  • cfennerscfenners Posts: 3 New Member
    The sims and the story telling on this Wintery challenge has been beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading all the details. So sorry to hear about some of the mental health struggles, but it's really wonderful that @GLovely1 has managed to create a small space of the internet where everyone feels safe to share. Lots of snowy love x
    .... Wow! Reading through and looking at all of the extras you create here for your outstanding entries never ceases to amaze me! I'm so grateful to have you all right here on this forum thread πŸ’œ Your words of sympathy and support help pick me up too! Thank you for sharing yourself with others in our family forum as well as the large simming community. My door is always open if you need a listening ear, a virtual shoulder to cry on or a big, open heart to exchange ideas and support πŸ’œ

Welcome to this sims loving forum thread @cfenners ;) Thank you for your sweet compliments! This is a cozy little spot full of support & talent so I know you're going to fit right in! By the way, your bachelorette for @MenaBuchner XMas Bachelor challenge is divine! πŸ’œ Good luck to you and the others who joined in on that one!

I absolutely fell in love with @xamira99 Grinchy Christmas and her Sweet Tooth Factory build is adorably delicious! Please go check it out if you haven't yet seen it! It was even nominated for a Maxis fave πŸ’œ

@divanthesimmer @LaTalpaVolante @NeoFelis22 @MenaBuchner @FrankieDanySIMS and @Flash5 ~ Your continued creativity, writing styles & all this extra imagery you share is so inspiring to see week after week!

@MeowchaFrappe I hope your stresses are decreasing this week πŸ€— I would love to see your wonderful creativity in our upcoming challenge!

And speaking of our upcoming challenge ~ While I don't have the complete directions ready, I do have some hints and inside info I want to share with you!
    • We'd love to see in your sim "story" an inspiring wish to the world to start the new year with optimism & cheer!
    • @nightlioness is our generous co-host so there will be more Sims 4 packs to be given away during this next week!
    • The entries this week will not be "judged". We plan to randomly check entries to see if they are on the naughty or nice list πŸ˜‚ That's a fun way of saying you should change your Origin region to US immediately to make "Santa's" gift giving efforts go much more easily!

I hope this gets your creative thoughts flowing! Now, I need to get going and finish the official directions for our 25th Weekend Challenge! πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

@GLovely1 Thank you. I've finished up Christmas shopping so it's all good now.

But this next round is already intriguing me. I hope I can get some good inspiration this time around.

@NeoFelis22 Thank you for all your support this round. Even though I couldn't do the entry. I appreciate all your encouragement. :heart:
    edited December 2020
    25TH WEEKEND CHALLENGE! I love that it coincides with the date of Christmas! πŸŽ„πŸ’œ

MultiPrize Round!

πŸŽ„πŸŽ‰ Secret Santa inspired Sims 4 game packs will be given away regularly during the week! At this time it's @nightlioness and I who are your secret Santa's but who knows ..
    others may feel the surprise giving spirit which could bring more helpful Santa's to our forum challenge door! πŸŽ„πŸŽ‰

Most important rule this week! Please change your Origin region to US or your secret Santa's can't make their surprise deliveries!

Creative Direction & Rules:

Now I've already dropped a few small hints so it's time for the full challenge reveal. Okay forum family, here's the deal! 2020 is thankfully on it's way out and no doubt we're all ready to scream and shout in celebration about that πŸ’œ If you're like @nightlioness and me, you're already looking forward to the new year, dreaming of what we'd like to see for everybody! So in the spirit of hopes and dreams, we'd like to encourage you to create a household that shares your heartfelt wish you'd like to see for every community! What are your hopes for your co-workers, classmates, neighbors, family, friends and/or the sims? Pick one or all, just please let others shine in your wish before 2020 gets to it's finish!

Your challenge:

Create from 1-8 sims that creatively represent your inspiring wish for any and all of your connected communities. Stretch your CAS imaginations to find color and designs that easily allow us to read between your lines. Think about who's making this wish .. is it you? Then, maybe an updated simself would do! Maybe you'll dream up a fantasy crew to who'll scatter your wishes around the world in hopes they'll come true! Maybe family is where your heart's at so style a warm wishful family to share your message through. Honestly anything you can dream will totally do.

Please include the hashtag #GLovelysQCC when you share your entry to the gallery. END DATE ~ MONDAY 12/28 at 12:00 PM PST ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some households full of inspiring wishes of optimism and cheer to nominate!

Rules:
    1. Your description should include your inspiring wish to the world to start the new year with optimism & cheer.
    2. You may have 1 to 8 sims in your household, any age and pets are welcome.
    3. Remember to go for the "WOW" factor in looks & fashion creativity! Use what you have currently in CAS to design your sims to connect to your hopeful feelings.
    4. Make sure your sims 1st outfit (everyday category) matches the image your wishful words are giving us.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries will be considered "just for fun" entries.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our gallery and forum friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Remember the most important rule this week and change your Origin region to US or your secret Santa's can't make their surprise deliveries!

Please stay safe, stay strong, stay creative and be inspiring this week! πŸ’œ
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

@MeowchaFrappe , you're quite welcome. πŸ’›
    Awww... Thanks @GLovely1 !

This new theme sounds amazing! Let me put my thinking cap again!

Thank you for organising this & thanks to @nightlioness as well!
    You're welcome @xamira99 ;) I can't wait to see what you come up with for this week's QCC!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    Another awesome challenge, ladies! Thanks to both @GLovely1 and @nightlioness for a festive treat of a week! x <3

My entry is Leigh Nonmee *groan - terrible!* https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0210F13243A511EB80866119CC9F00CD

If you’re alone my dearest friend, know that I think of you, If you are missing loved ones, know that I miss loved ones too. We cannot be together, gather friends & family near, instead of joy this Christmas many folks will shed a tear. If I could make the New Year bring all that I wish for you, the days would zing with happiness & love that’s ever true. So dry your eyes my dearest friend, I would not see you cry, we’ll step into the New Year underneath a bluer sky.#Flash5Carter1 for#GLovelysQCC

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate and Happy Holidays to all !! x <3 May the New Year bring you everything you dream of!
    edited December 2020
    My entry is: Fee De Worlde

Fee has a wish that'd lift the world's mood; she wishes everyone would have enough food. For all to have good food to eat; well, surely that'd be pretty neat. Instead of hunger making tummies say, "Ow!", there'd be delicious food to make people say, "Wow!" And until the wonderful day that her wish comes true, she'll donate food when she can to help people make do.

bdsfVhN.jpg

(I used the questionnaire to create Fee, so she's in the Culinary career and has a bit of skill in cooking and baking. Also, I have no idea how to convey the wish in clothing, so all of Fee's outfits are in red and green to suit the season. πŸ™‚)
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top