Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline - A Supernatural Runaway Orphan Story - 1/1/2021

Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
Introduction to the Story
snapshot_66-1.png
The Child: Ximena-Daria Roseline was inspired by runaway stories (both simlit and regular literature) and it has the element of supernatural in it as well! There is no omnipotent being, but there is a good group of beings and a evil group of beings (which will be explained later in the story).

Of course, most of these runaway stories involve the runaway being an orphan as well, which applies to the protaganist, Ximena-Daria Roseline, or Xim for short (or XDR). I've always liked runaway stories as they give a rags-to-riches feel to the story (it's more fun to play with sims working off the ground and very rewarding to become rich) but I've noticed all (or almost all) of these sims were at least teens and such.

I already had a supernatural save going so I decided to experiment with a runaway story. Except this time, the focus will be a child sim (yay!) and she also has some secret powers which I thought would spice up the story. Of course, as shown in the picture, she's a red-head (for special reasons mentioned sometime later in the story) and wears these orange sunglasses all the time. She also has red lips (for these same special reasons).

I feel that the younger sims (babies, toddlers and children) are pretty much ignored by other simmers and Maxis (and there isn't enough game or custom content for these ages either) but I actually play with them more than the adults, haha! I guess if I were a sim, I'd be childish. I've always found these younger sims charming in a way I can't explain and I also find myself wanting to create only cc for children and toddlers since they don't have a lot of EA stock to choose from, ahaha! (Well, the Nifty Knitting Pack has done some good but I don't have that due to my very limited budget on games...)

Anyways, solely focusing on child sims, Maxis deprived them of survival skills so they can't really live off the land without mods, which I'll be using to make this story possible and I'll use cc as well to make my sims look better for the story's purpose (I seriously couldn't find any messy-looking hair for female kids from the game stock so that is what I chose). (From the thumbnail, it's obvious that I have used cc for her lips that I made (I just turned an existing lipstick so that it can also be for children), but I have also used cc eyes (that I drew and made two swatches for so far).)

As for the mood and genre, I'd say it might be quite melancholy in the beginning but it slowly gets better and soon she is at the top! Everything is all well until suddenly she falls into a pit of darkness. It is yet again melancholy. Then they might reach a point where it becomes happy again but I haven't thought that far. I'm thinking it's supernatural, since my stories fall under multiple genres (I'm talented at combining multiple themes together gracefully, haha). I'm not one for spoilers, but just so you know what you're reading.

There are also some custom tweaks made in this story. Xim used to live in Selvadorada along with her mom (which isn't realistically possible for the game) and the house name is called the Denona Mist (it's Jungle Bungalow basically). Xim's name is pretty long as well as I thought it might make it have some meaning as to why her mother chose this name for her. And it isn't possible for the game for a child to live by themself, either, or stop going to school as well. I managed to make it work by doing some tricks and cheats, though! There might be more tweaks later on in the story but to tell you everything would be just spoiling it, haha!

And yes, I'm not a professional photo-taker so you might see plumbobs in the pictures. I'm too lazy to switch to another sim or turn the headline effects off, haha. I would probably have to so that it's realistic, though! Also, please give me any writing tips you want to share, I have been writing for a few years now, but that isn't a lot of time! :)

This was just the introduction, haha. Just a note, since I live in the USA, seasons and time will be portrayed differently, even if August isn't in the summer or September in the fall for you! :) I'll try to post biweekly (Thursdays and Mondays at the best CDT time) as well, but let's show you the chapters (along with dates):

You can read this here! (The index is the same, though!)
Parts & Chapters
Part 1: Xim is struggling a lot. There doesn't seem to be any hope...
Short: Xim's hopelessness
Prologue 1: Lucia - 10/15/2020
Chapter 1: Newcrest - 10/19/2020
Chapter 2: The Hard Start - 10/22/2020
Chapter 3: The New Path - 10/26/2020
Chapter 4: The Good Child - 10/29/2020
Chapter 5: Sheer Loneliness - 11/2/2020
Chapter 6: Wandering Child - 11/5/2020
Chapter 7: Collector - 11/9/2020
Chapter 8: Stable Ground - 11/13/2020
Chapter 9: Ultimatum - 11/16/2020
Chapter 10: Dark Premise - 11/19/2020
Chapter 11: An Autumn Sight - 11/22/2020
Chapter 12: The Older Sister - 11/26/2020
Chapter 13: Yarn and Needles - 12/01/2020
Chapter 14: Willow Creek's Park - 12/05/2020
Part 2: Xim has found a new hobby, new friends and great experiences! But deep down, she wonders about her adoption and family...
Short: Xim's adoption and family
Prologue 2: A Previous Park Memory - 12/8/2020
Chapter 1 (15): The Hathaways - 12/18/2020
Chapter 2 (16): New Beginnings Day - 1/1/2021
Post edited by Zora1327 on

Comments

• Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    I published Prologue 1: Lucia yesterday on Thursday (Well, okay, I published it at 12:07 of Friday (today) but it's only 7 minutes succeeding of Thursday so I just marked it as Thursday (and if I hadn't had to do some chores it would have been published on Thursday, ahaha!)
    I also took a lot of screenshots to be as descriptive as possible (pictures are worth a thousand words after all)!

Part 1: Xim is struggling a lot. There doesn't seem to be any hope...
    Prologue 1: Lucia - it explains how Xim came to be where she is right now:

10-06-20_1-01-53-am-blacknwhite.png

DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Now I'm interested. I'll bookmark the thread.

Thank you, DeafSimmer! :smiley:
    edited October 2020
    Part 1
    Chapter 1: Newcrest is about Xim's run to Newcrest...

snapshot_1.png
    edited October 2020
    Alright, I made Chapter 2: The Hard Start! Sorry it took so long, I had millions of other things to do! I'm an on-and-off person if you can tell, I work on something really hard for a while but do/learn/find something new and (completely?) forget about the old activity. Then I come back to the old activity with full strength usually. :D

Part 1
    Chapter 2: The Hard Start is about the skills (well, lack of skills) of survival she has...

snapshot_159.png
    Ugh, the photo files are really glitching with the size and blurriness now! Sorry if it's a bit disorienting in Chapter 3: The New Path, I'm still trying to learn proper photo-editing and photo-taking (especially this one so I won't have to photo-edit most of them) so I can make better photos and overall better chapters! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 3: The New Path is where Xim travels to The Solar Flare lounge! Will she finally get some progress on her survival journey?
    snapshot_225.png
    edited October 2020
    The pictures are walls down since I wasn't mainly playing for photo-taking. I played ahead so yeah. Please cope for a few more chapters, please! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 4: The Good Child is where Xim goes to Willow Creek. Finally she sees some hope inside a child who lives in a luxurious mansion...

snapshot_250.png
    This is sort of a shorter chapter! Enjoy! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 5: Sheer Loneliness depicts Xim's loneliness in the world...

snapshot_302.png
    This is a longer chapter and in Xim's point of view! Enjoy! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 6: Wandering Child explains what Xim is thinking and what she is going through. Although it isn't all that great...

snapshot_311.png
    Sorry for the long wait, sigh, things aren't good for me right now...

Part 1
    Chapter 7: Collector depicts Xim's goal to collect now. She needs to earn simoleons...

snapshot_341.png
    Sorry that it's a day late (I have no idea what happened), but please read the author's note for more info! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 8: Stable Ground shows Xim trying to get on her feet now, since she doesn't know who's nice or not. While she thinks Kelsi's offer is promising, she just feels a doubt in her mind...

snapshot_53.png
    This chapter is in Xim's point of view so it might be a little different from before! It's like Chapter 6, except she's doing newer and better stuff now. Although she speaks less in this one...

Part 1
    Chapter 9: Ultimatum explains Xim's final thoughts about her situation before we skip...

snapshot_96.png
    I guess you can read the A/N for info! :)

Part 1
    Chapter 10 - Dark Premise is some different scenery... It talks about the woman we saw in the Prologue...

10-07-20_9-01-12-pm.png
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Zora1327
    I thought you painted Andromeda as the perfect cold-hearted villain. I was so mad at her at the end of the chapter, not that it wasn't obvious. :joy:
    @Zora1327
    I thought you painted Andromeda as the perfect cold-hearted villain. I was so mad at her at the end of the chapter, not that it wasn't obvious. :joy:
    Haha, thank you! :D Just my excellent writing skills, I guess! Your descriptions of everything that's going on in the story are amazing as well! :)
    Nathan's inspection of Eva's disorganized room; Athena's shock when she got attacked, I could keep going on! :D

I was just thinking, what words and actions of hers might illustrate her personality perfectly and I got a good idea! I decided to make her "tolerant" of Lucia and lecturing her about Xim just to make her feel bad and telling her that it's her fault that she was in a romance with Xim's father to match Andromeda's personality perfectly. :o Then when Lucia "gets out of hand", she sends her to that room because Andromeda can't stand Lucia's strong backbone. Then she proceeds to belittle her in front of the Grim Reaper as well... ugh, what a demon! :s
    edited November 2020
    Part 1
    Chapter 11: An Autumn Sight is happier than the previous chapter, Xim finally gets to see someone after a month...

11-11-20_10-56-16-pm.png
    A new chapter with different dynamics! Soak it in! ;)
    Part 1
    Chapter 12: The Older Sister is where everyone gets a total surprise, both the sims and the readers! :)

11-20-20_2-37-10-am.png
    Shiew and Xim have different backgrounds, but they are so similar. They're imo two children forced to grow up and take on 'adult' responsibilities. I think childhood me would've been able to relate to Shiew in many ways. :)
    Shiew and Xim have different backgrounds, but they are so similar. They're imo two children forced to grow up and take on 'adult' responsibilities. I think childhood me would've been able to relate to Shiew in many ways. :)
    Indeed! They have to mature much quicker than they should be, but let's hope these experiences shape them for the better! :smiley: Hmm, are you implying your childhood is similar to Shiew's? That would be interesting, but I do hope it was happy. :)
    Zora1327 wrote: »
    Indeed! They have to mature much quicker than they should be, but let's hope these experiences shape them for the better! :smiley: Hmm, are you implying your childhood is similar to Shiew's? That would be interesting, but I do hope it was happy. :)
    I can relate to Shiew worrying about finance. Definitely drove a lot of my decisions back then. I don't know about happy, but Shiew's hardships have made her kinder and empathetic towards Xim, maybe influenced her to want to do good in the future. So there is good in it. :)

Zora1327 wrote: »
    I can relate to Shiew worrying about finance. Definitely drove a lot of my decisions back then. I don't know about happy, but Shiew's hardships have made her kinder and empathetic towards Xim, maybe influenced her to want to do good in the future. So there is good in it. :)
    Haha, yes. Shiew is only a child, but she still worries about the well-being of her parents (in a way), her unborn sibling, Xim and herself. While childhood may not be happy at first, I find that the people who go through hardships finds happiness in the smallest things, which might apply to both Xim and Shiew in the future. :) Shiew was also good to Xim and also wants to be a good role model for mankind for this reason, yes. :smile: Experiences, as bad as they can be, usually change someone for the better.
    Part 1
    Chapter 13: Yarn and Needles is where Xim gets a new hobby and meets a nice woman...

11-21-20_5-19-12-am.png
    So hey, guys, sorry this was so late, I decided to kill myself and write a 8500+ word chapter. Sorry not sorry. 🤭 But it is the last chapter after all, so why not make the most of it? At least this chapter will be worth the wait since there's draaamaa! Haha, yes, but it'll explain a lot of things that happened and a few new introductions as well. A plethora of people will interact that have never interacted before so jump on in the bandwagon! :D

End of Part 1
    Chapter 14: Willow Creek's Park is now a new beginning for Xim...

11-28-20_8-21-26-pm.png
    edited December 2020
    This is the beginning of a new part, guys and gals! Just a little... memory of Xim's. ;) And of course, it starts with a prologue! :D ('Cause you know... Prologue 1... ;) )

Some more info unrelated to the story:
    I'm still going to use pages because I can't seem to find a way to delete the date from the link and put a !&%!& slash between the words "roseline" and "prologue" because it kept turning the slash into a dash. Rhyme not intended, haha. I'm still going to use posts for other purposes (like alerting, lol... not view-baiting, I promise, but because pages don't send out alerts to followers that it has been published unless you post a link to it from a post on a site that can alert followers in some way) but the link is just being !%&!% with me right now and you know I like to be organized with the tiniest things, haha. I want the links to be user-friendly and easy link-posting and for everything to match. I was testing out posts because I wanted to see if I can make the link look like how the pages' links are, but to no avail because all the guides are pointing towards wordpress.org... right. In short, I'm going to use pages because the links worked better that way. I don't really care if the posting stats becomes inaccurate (I got a achievement when I published the first new chapter post for Chapter 13... funny!) because I want an easier time with link-posting and switching especially when I'm in an hurry. ;) Cause I'm laaazy. 😁

Part 2: Xim has found a new hobby, new friends and great experiences! But deep down, she wonders about her adoption and family...
    Prologue 2: A Previous Park Memory is a memory of Xim's while she was at the park as a toddler...

11-17-20_12-26-22-am.png
    Sorry that it took so long, but please look at the A/N if you want to see! Of course, read the very long chapter first! :D

Part 2
    Chapter 15: The Hathaways explains what happened to Xim now...

12-10-20_8-39-28-pm.png