Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack 10

124...Next

Comments

  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    After hints this week, it might be safe to say some sort of Romantic pack. Or Wedding/ Honeymoon destination world.

    As luthienrising stated the official forums isn't the vast majority of players then where do we go then to get our feedback heard? Instagram? Maybe we should all join instagram since it's not here according to Drake and Luth, vast majority, so where then? Because the focus groups they must have been using are not making the core fanbase very happy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Generations
    Oh no. I’m not too excited since this year hasn’t been so great for the sims. I can hope and dream what it could be. I’ll be keeping my expectations very low. Supernaturals should be exclusively a game pack but I could definitely have an EP occult.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Music
    I voted music because I was really disappointed Get Famous didn't come with active band play. I think that is a dynamic this game is missing. It would have expanded on the DJ skill as well. I have a couple DJ's and they just play clubs. It would be awesome to have them book gigs and show up and play, would feel more fleshed out. I'd love to have 4 teens in high school start a band and then make it big when they turn young adult. There's a lot of story possibility in adding active bands or even a solo pop singer path to the game. Maybe even have a band management or record label career path so your sims could manage the local bands and help them rise to stardom. That way it's not just band. I think in general a manager career that is maybe partially active in the sense you have to get clients and book them shows would be pretty interesting. It could work with a band, acting, sports etc.

    For other, which is what I would have voted if not music, I think something about dancing would be interesting to base a pack around. I'd love for them to add ballet dancing to the game, they've never done that. It would be cool to have a professional dancer career and an opera house and dance studio. Maybe that would be a game pack though because I am having a hard time thinking about a lot that could be added. Ballet lessons starting in elementary school maybe. There's probably a lot of possibilities that I just can't think of right now. None of it will ever happen anyways because the devs think everyone that plays this game is 13.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Vagenius wrote: »
    I voted music because I was really disappointed Get Famous didn't come with active band play. I think that is a dynamic this game is missing. It would have expanded on the DJ skill as well. I have a couple DJ's and they just play clubs. It would be awesome to have them book gigs and show up and play, would feel more fleshed out. I'd love to have 4 teens in high school start a band and then make it big when they turn young adult. There's a lot of story possibility in adding active bands or even a solo pop singer path to the game. Maybe even have a band management or record label career path so your sims could manage the local bands and help them rise to stardom. That way it's not just band. I think in general a manager career that is maybe partially active in the sense you have to get clients and book them shows would be pretty interesting. It could work with a band, acting, sports etc.

    For other, which is what I would have voted if not music, I think something about dancing would be interesting to base a pack around. I'd love for them to add ballet dancing to the game, they've never done that. It would be cool to have a professional dancer career and an opera house and dance studio. Maybe that would be a game pack though because I am having a hard time thinking about a lot that could be added. Ballet lessons starting in elementary school maybe. There's probably a lot of possibilities that I just can't think of right now. None of it will ever happen anyways because the devs think everyone that plays this game is 13.

    Bands would be great but would they ever really perform any where, or just do a quick SimTube video and uploaded on the good old Sim pc much like every other thing they have added that had no meat to the career and or was totally tied into just uploading on the Sim pc. I doubt we even get any new animations for that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Supernatural
    Werewolves please! Whilst I don’t think supernatural will be the exact theme of the next pack, I think occult players could potentially have something to look forward to. It has been a while since a new occult was added.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    If it's a Music Pack It should be a casino and nightclub lots for sims to own.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Hopefully music or casino's, considering it's not going to be farming or generations.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Veganism

    They're following the Digital Spy poll, they just started from the least voted and they're working their way up. After Veganism comes Zombies and then Climate Change (aka Eco Living 2.0).
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    After hints this week, it might be safe to say some sort of Romantic pack. Or Wedding/ Honeymoon destination world.

    Really? Please can you provide a link?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    Veganism

    They're following the Digital Spy poll, they just started from the least voted and they're working their way up. After Veganism comes Zombies and then Climate Change (aka Eco Living 2.0).
    How are they following that poll. It wasn’t an official poll. That poll was done in January, when the SW pack was in production🤨. Eco living was on the list too but that too was also in production🙄🙄
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Hopefully music or casino's, considering it's not going to be farming or generations.

    Casinos and Nightclubs can be part of Music Pack.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Naus wrote: »
    Veganism

    They're following the Digital Spy poll, they just started from the least voted and they're working their way up. After Veganism comes Zombies and then Climate Change (aka Eco Living 2.0).

    LOL! That sounds about right! And tbh, nothing would surprise me anymore.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Supernatural
    Hopefully music or casino's, considering it's not going to be farming or generations.

    Casinos and Nightclubs can be part of Music Pack.

    I voted for supernatural because I want werewolves and body hair, but I'm in this for casinos!

    Adding music/bands to a casino/gambling pack would be very fitting. Could be a pack that adds gambling, bands/music, and maybe some additional romance features since casinos are all about eloping. There are showtimes speculations going around as well, so with casinos being mentioned recently in a sims context for challenges, I think it would be a good blend of features. If you don't go to casinos for the gambling, you go to see the shows.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Generations
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So parenthood is just about being a parent. Generations is about fleshing out all of the life stages that didn't get any love up until now. We have every kind of content for YA. We need content for the other life stages, teens, adults and elders are basically young adults looking younger and older in this game. We need exclusive content for them and especially for the younger life stages.

    I hope we will get a family oriented EP or GP again at some point. I really NEED Generations.

    I *want* a supernaturals pack or a medieval pack or some other pack that really pushes the game away from being just a Millennial lifestyle simulator, but this post is accurate. The game, IMO, really *needs* a generations pack (a full pack of hobbies that offered things for each age group would also work).

    If we divide the types of Sims players into "mundane" and "supernatural," with supernatural players wanting everything from playable monsters to different time periods to adventures for their sims to go on, I think even for people who like the non-mundane stuff, the mundane stuff, well done, is what makes The Sims an interesting game. If I just want character customization, weird characters, and crazy adventures, I've got a bunch of Dragon Age games and Mass Effect and Saint's Row and whatever else, but there's no slice-of-life stuff in those games.

  • Options
    WLDL3WLDL3 Posts: 3 New Member
    Generations
    > @kemowery said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If we divide the types of Sims players into "mundane" and "supernatural," with supernatural players wanting everything from playable monsters to different time periods to adventures for their sims to go on, I think even for people who like the non-mundane stuff, the mundane stuff, well done, is what makes The Sims an interesting game.

    I think you 100% hit the nail on the head with this one, tbh. Working on the core 'mundane' systems to make gameplay deeper benefits all sorts of playstyles. Adding things like more relationship types (especially familial) and more relationship interaction would make realm of magic and vampire bloodlines much more interesting, for example. At the end of the day you're still wanting to play out life within these supernatural scenarios.

    The only other thing that I think would help supernatural play is rethinking priorities for pack integration. I want it to be possible to toggle life state types so you can play either only realistic or only supernatural. I want my spellcaster children to choose whether they're going to a normal or magical school. I want my spellcasters to be able to find 'magical' careers if they want, so they're not stuck working in IT in my all magical world.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Generations
    kemowery wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    So parenthood is just about being a parent. Generations is about fleshing out all of the life stages that didn't get any love up until now. We have every kind of content for YA. We need content for the other life stages, teens, adults and elders are basically young adults looking younger and older in this game. We need exclusive content for them and especially for the younger life stages.

    I hope we will get a family oriented EP or GP again at some point. I really NEED Generations.

    I *want* a supernaturals pack or a medieval pack or some other pack that really pushes the game away from being just a Millennial lifestyle simulator, but this post is accurate. The game, IMO, really *needs* a generations pack (a full pack of hobbies that offered things for each age group would also work).

    If we divide the types of Sims players into "mundane" and "supernatural," with supernatural players wanting everything from playable monsters to different time periods to adventures for their sims to go on, I think even for people who like the non-mundane stuff, the mundane stuff, well done, is what makes The Sims an interesting game. If I just want character customization, weird characters, and crazy adventures, I've got a bunch of Dragon Age games and Mass Effect and Saint's Row and whatever else, but there's no slice-of-life stuff in those games.

    I don't divide supernatural and mundane players. Please read my other comments, I said several times that supernatural players are very often family and mundane life kind of players. So I don't make that difference.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hopefully music or casino's, considering it's not going to be farming or generations.

    Casinos and Nightclubs can be part of Music Pack.

    Could be, if we were talking about Sims 3, but we all know they like to split content into different packs when it comes to $im$ 4, so you definitely shouldnt expect music AND casinos in the same pack.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Hopefully music or casino's, considering it's not going to be farming or generations.

    Casinos and Nightclubs can be part of Music Pack.

    Could be, if we were talking about Sims 3, but we all know they like to split content into different packs when it comes to $im$ 4, so you definitely shouldnt expect music AND casinos in the same pack.

    I agree with that. Just look at the occults, they should have been an entire pack devoted to ALL of the occults. But they make more money by spending only time making one occult, selling it, then later on another one, and so on. They're making triple in sales (just with vampires, spellcasters, and werewolves .... if they ever implement werewolves that is) doing it that way rather than one large pack that includes them all.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Generations
    i think a genoration pack would have a hotel and improved teens and kids (like builes ,mean girls,nerds,)
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Generations
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > I want a cars EP with playable mechanic and racing driver careers.

    i think that should be more of a gamepack though but i would buy
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    I'm hoping for hotels. Winter vacation kind of deal. They said it isn't cars, babies, bunk beds, or farming. So that's the only other things I really want.

    Honeymoon/romantic pack sounds nice though 👌
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Generations
    I really want a generations pack, but it's already on record that they aren't working kn anything like that right now so it won't be the next pack. I'm hoping with all the talk about it they will start working in it fir a 2021 release.

    I just want better relationships and family trees, and more to do for toddlers, kids and teens. Kids need some more aspirations added on, the four feel so old now. More extra curricular clubs and activities would be appreciated. More things to take kids and toddlers too would be nice! I have to edit all the lots to make something as simple as the park or library be an actual fun destination for the whole family, otherwise there is nothing for toddlers to do. (I also want Imaginary Friends back, sorry).
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Others (Please put your Inputs on your Wanted Theme)
    Dream Pack: "Aspiration Living" - A pack that expands whims, adds fears, zodiac compatibility, loves & hates, hobby likes/dislikes, more aspirations, and most importantly, more traits!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top