Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No
    I don't even think I've watched more than 10 minutes of any of the movies. I don't see anything that is Must Have, either.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    Have to spoiler tag this since it is related to lore of the movie and comic books.
    I am just curious how many Simmers will match Rey and Kylo together given that Rey is Kylo's Great Aunt. Total Luke and Leia thing going on between them.
    https://www.fatherly.com/news/rise-of-skywalker-spoilers-rey-and-kylo-ren-kiss-siblings-cousins/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes
    Why do people automatically assume criticizing a pack means we hate The Sims 4!? That never made sense... no, I don't hate the game. I actually enjoy it a lot! However, I'm sick of the developers not allowing it to reach its full potential (which it has A LOT of)... why is that wrong? Don't you all want the game to succeed and be great?

Well, people have different opinions on how to achieve that success. To some, this GP is a step towards it and to others not. But this 'my way or the highway' thinking is actually rather presumptious and discriminating in nature, if you ask me.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Why do people automatically assume criticizing a pack means we hate The Sims 4!? That never made sense... no, I don't hate the game. I actually enjoy it a lot! However, I'm sick of the developers not allowing it to reach its full potential (which it has A LOT of)... why is that wrong? Don't you all want the game to succeed and be great?

Well, people have different opinions on how to achieve that success. To some, this GP is a step towards it and to others not. But this 'my way or the highway' thinking is actually rather presumptious and discriminating in nature, if you ask me.
    I do have to agree with that. Preach. Been a problem since I joined forums too. So tired of the sides. Honestly ok to like not like or be neutral about packs and patches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    No
    Even if the concept is good I doubt it will be well executed. By the looks of it it will just be "go there, explorer this, do this" and done. No much replayability
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    No
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I do have to agree with that. Preach. Been a problem since I joined forums too. So tired of the sides. Honestly ok to like not like or be neutral about packs and patches.

The thing that bothers me is that there seems to be an assumption from many that most players fall into the category of realistic gameplay or supernatural. Some of us enjoy both of those things. I like to play some saves realistically, others with a focus on supernatural content, and yet others with a strong mix of the two.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Have to spoiler tag this since it is related to lore of the movie and comic books.
    I am just curious how many Simmers will match Rey and Kylo together given that Rey is Kylo's Great Aunt. Total Luke and Leia thing going on between them.
    https://www.fatherly.com/news/rise-of-skywalker-spoilers-rey-and-kylo-ren-kiss-siblings-cousins/

Lol I think when it comes to how much these movies don't work together, Chris Stuckmann still says it best at this part of his review (8:18):
    https://youtu.be/rdwPVxotGBE?t=498

"At the end of The Force Awakens, when Rey is holding out that lightsaber, it's almost like Abrams was figuratively passing the baton on to the next filmmaker. And that filmmaker came in, grabbed that baton, and said 'Plum your baton, bye, I'm doing my own thing'" :joy:

(it's funnier with the images Chris uses. Also you should all watch Chris' reviews anyway if you like movies :D)
  • Options
    GamerB1GamerB1 Posts: 13 New Member
    No
    I honestly would had preferred a Cyperpunk theme setting game pack or expansion with VRs like on the roads and maybe more futuristic like Cyperpunk penthouses or at least cool looking apartments? with back alleys so you can create a bar or restaurant? that would have being a bit better.

I am not to excited for this star wars game pack and honestly why they decided Batuu? why not tatooine? even a game pack on traveling like Greek island or Italian vine yard would have being pretty nice.

But since this star wars game pack is featured on Batuu i dont i will wait for more gameplay before i decide. But i am not excited.
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    No
    No, only because I've never liked star wars or been a fan of it, it looks great for those who like that type of thing but i'm more so after a family simulation, otherwise looks good!
    I'll be passing star wars but i hope those who get it will enjoy it :)
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    Nadja55Nadja55 Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    No, no. NO! Why??? I love star wars, I´ve seen all the movies. But Star Wars is Star Wars. TheSims is TheSims. Why mix it. Is this the best EA can do? Well, I loved the Sims because it´s a life simulation game. I stopped playing the Sims4 over a year ago. This game is more and more disappointing for me. And this gamepack, makes me even more disappointed. I´ll be playing my Sims2 and Sims3, and love doing so. Because The Sims4 is now dead and buried for me.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    GamerB1 wrote: »
    I honestly would had preferred a Cyperpunk theme setting game pack or expansion with VRs like on the roads and maybe more futuristic like Cyperpunk penthouses or at least cool looking apartments? with back alleys so you can create a bar or restaurant? that would have being a bit better.

I am not to excited for this star wars game pack and honestly why they decided Batuu? why not tatooine? even a game pack on traveling like Greek island or Italian vine yard would have being pretty nice.

But since this star wars game pack is featured on Batuu i dont i will wait for more gameplay before i decide. But i am not excited.

Hmm yes somehow when you said cool apartments and back alleys, mixed with the spaceships (which could just as easily be flying cars), I immediately had to think of The Fifth Element :D I know it's not cyberpunky but MAN would I love a world like that, even if they'd repack it into an alien world, update our current aliens to actually be fun, give us flying cars, functioning fast food places and cinema's, a theatre and a couple of new playable alien creatures.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No
    Sharonia wrote: »
    This is the first pack I have not even considered buying even once. Not even a 75% off sale can get me to spend my money on it and I even wasted money on the My First Pet Stuff pack. This is a clear cash grab in the worse way. I would love a vacation pack, but there is seriously nothing of my game play that will work here. I find it sad that this is the route that EA is going and am disappointed in myself for spending so much money on this game.

Not even for free would I add it to my game. :D

Not even if they paid me would I add it to my game.

For those who are happy about it, great, I'm happy for you. I'm not trying to bring anyone down with my attitude towards it. I just wish the devs would have focused their attention on more sports & recreation and enhancing relationships. And just leave out the licensed content altogether. The game was doing just fine without it. They should have made this as a stand alone game like Sims Medieval. It probably would have gotten much better reception.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I mod out the star wars bloatware that is already found in the game.

How do you do this? I did a search for mods relating to the awful star wars junk and only found a really dated mod from 2116.

I dabble into making mods for personal use only.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Yes
    I think it looks fun :) And I know my little brother loves Star Wars, so maybe i can get him to play it with me :D
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Yes
    I love Star Wars. I cant wait to play with it, make new Sims, create SW themed lots. Maybe my vampires wont be force users but I can live with that. Im going to enjoy it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    Q: On a scale from 0 to 10, How excited are you for the new Star Wars game pack?
    Me : -10
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    No
    I'm not a Star Wars fan, so it isn't really of interest to me. That said, I'm not a huge occult/supernatural fan, but I still like Vampires, Strangerville, and ROM because they still offer something to the game outside of the occult/storyline play through some excellent BB/CAS content and worlds that can be used for other purposes. This pack does not seem to provide that versatility, which is a major issue in my opinion.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    No
    For many many reasons... I have 0 interest... Meanhwile leaving a list of star wars video games..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_video_games
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    No
    78% of the voters here so far have voted "No". And I agree.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes
    BariSaxy wrote: »

I'm so excited I'm one of those 22%! :)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yes
    BariSaxy wrote: »

I'm so excited I'm one of those 22%! :)

Heh heh, I couldn't agree more:

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

:D:D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    No
    I haven't seen a trailer, yet, but I'm disappointed. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan. While I've watched about four of the movies, I'm just not a diehard fan of that series. I never use the SW costumes in my game. And, from the look of the pictures shown in the Plot a Course to Batuu, it's sounding more like an RPG. Not what I want, I prefer life-simulation and SANDBOX play. I like to create my own stories for my own amusement.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No
    I'm neutral as I'm not Star Wars fan. I like sci-fi, but I'm not interested in Star Wars universe.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    No
    No because it's not the way I like to play my game but as I just mentioned on another thread I am more concerned with silly outfits or other freebies I don't want in the patch affecting my game either.

For other players looking forward to this pack I sincerely hope it is not the debacle that Eco living turned out to be with all it game breaking bugs and issues :) which I think they should fix by the way before off loading even more money making content on us.
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    No
    For me it's not that it's the Star Wars exactly. It's the fact that EA seems to be going down a path lately of entirely changing the type of gameplay. Like many others, I've been playing the Sims for 20 years. It's always been a life simulator game. I've always loved it. But, now I don't feel like I'm playing the Sims anymore. If I wanted to play a game-generated story RPG game, I wouldn't be playing the Sims. So I'm very discouraged about the future of the Sims franchise.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi