Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    This looks great @Allears !
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    @Allears I like how you combined the kitchen and living room areas. The whole house looks really nice.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @GlacierSnow! Glad you like it. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Challenge Number: #10
    Origin ID: nucleonide
    Gallery Name & Link: Tropical Respite
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/MfFlGPz
    Additional Notes: I used the household from an earlier entry (BB5) and have had the parents aged up. They're now an elderly couple so it fits the theme, with some additions to the family. The backstory is that they've moved away from Sulani to San Myshuno. But they still missed their home by the beach that they decorated their home like they had never left Sulani bringing with them some of their island stuff :smile:
    Pictures:
    sgkI5P5.jpg
    eqly0tZ.jpg
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Tropical Respite is a lovely Island themed home! @nucleonide :) Very nice wood exterior texture, and large glass windows bringing in sunshine. Very lovely corner nook plants and flowers garden bed! The pool area with poolside shade and loungers to relax in, and kids wading pool is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the back porch bbq and eating outdoors at the table. Very lovely interior furnishings! The natural wood texture of the furniture is very nice,and nice calming blue, white colour scheme. The kitchen design is great! Very nice window stove nook. The curtains in the sofa seat area are very pretty! Very nice patterned flooring in the bedroom,The Sims will enjoy playing the guitar.
    It is a very nice home :)
    @nucleonide your house looks great!
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    Challenge number: 10
    Origin ID: wanderinglizzy
    Gallery name: Bayou Beauty
    Gallery link: Bayou Beauty

Description: This spacious nestled in the swampland of Willow Creek is perfect for an eccentric grandma, with a huge bathroom and spare bedroom for when the grandkids come to visit. The homey interior may be a little dated but it is decorated with granny's collections from her travels when she was young. Large outdoor deck space is perfect for gardening, entertaining, or simply chilling in the warm evenings.

Like others, I’m sure, my first thought when I saw the floorplan and prompt was to make a beach home with a deck that extends over the water. Alas, I don’t have Island Living. So I thought, why not make it a swamp house? After all, we have Willow Creek, which is based on New Orleans, and I haven’t seen too many swamp builds in the Sims 4. That’s how Bayou Beauty was born.

The owner of this house is an eccentric old lady. She travelled all over the world when she was younger but has now settled down in a house built over a swamp in Willow Creek. She picked up lots of different artwork and other objects during her travels, which she now displays around her house. She keeps a spare bedroom for her grandchildren, when they come stay with her during the summer, but since they’re older now they don’t visit as often. She still keeps their crafts hanging up in their room though, and the craft table is unused, outside. In her old age she’s taken up gardening and grows herbs and vegetables on her deck that are suited to the Willow Creek climate.

s3gwhmi.png
    Front of the house and view of the bayou

cq9S0RY.png
    Spacious back deck

Click for more screenshots
    TJardCz.png
    Kitchen (ignore granny's tense moodlet, she's tense because of a recent fire)

Wn4dYsI.png
    Living and dining room

hM5BSFh.png
    Living room with collections from granny's travels

EV4RWpr.png
    Office space with eccentric collections on display

l725d4f.png
    Master bedroom

BRFGAw6.png
    Master bedroom

p1sA3Ai.png
    Bathroom. I moved things around a bit as two sinks didn't make sense if granny lived alone, and it has a door to both her room and the hallway for when she has visitors or grandkids staying with her.

Mx9TSri.png
    Spare bedroom for when the kids stay over. A bit sparse because they don't actually live there, but posters and artwork they made from their last visit still hang on the walls.

nd19k5V.png
    Back view

nVINqgk.png
    Granny's private deck from the master bedroom

INYqxJi.png
    View of the bayou

Bayou Beauty is a lovely swamp home! @wanderinglizzy :) Very lovely design and landscaping! The swamp, trees,plants on edges, bridge, boat in the water and exterior of the home are very nice! Very lovely deck areas! Very nice sitting nook for Granny to enjoy relaxing outdoors in the air. She will enjoy painting on the easel and doing flower arranging on the table. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The kitchen nook is very nice! Very nice patterned walll, and the items on the kitchen shelving, dish rack and utensils are nice homely touches. Very nice sofa and armchair seating in the living room for her to enjoy watching tv. It is very nice that she has items that she has collected from her travels on display. Very lovely bedrooms! The candles onthr bedside table and the drawers are calming and pretty! The teddy in her grandkids room is sweet! The natural colour scheme through the home is very nice.
    What a great idea @wanderinglizzy !
    @nucleonide Nice use of textures! The kitchen and the first bedroom really catch my eye. And I love the little planted area with the curved brick wall.

@wanderinglizzy That's really cool the way you made that bayou around the house. You did a great job with it. And your interior color choices really remind me of an older house. Nicely done!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Challenge number: 10
    Origin ID: beckablitz
    Gallery name & Link: Pretty Pastel
    Slideshow link: Pretty Pastel Blueprint Builds 10

Description: This house is very pastel! I enjoyed myself exploring all the new nifty knitting stuff and creating lots of knitting clutter. I used a mixture of new and old window styles as this is an older house that is slowly being renovated by the occupants. The sims using this house at present are a young family but one of the sims is Rohan Elderberry so I imagine this house belonged to his grandparents and now he and his partner are making it their own.

The blueprint was by an Australian company so I built the house on whitewashed posts - very similar to my own house when I was growing up. We owned a similar older style house that my parents slowly renovated as they earned money (it wasn't anywhere as cute as this place though!)

QVz9obel.png
    YUOLxMWl.png

@Becka28 That looks really nice! I really like how you used the hanging pots along the porch railing.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Pretty Pastel is a lovely home! @Becka28 :) Very nice exterior design, and the blue color. flowerboxes on the walls and hanging plants are pretty! Very nice deck area for Sims to enjoy sitting at the table in the sunlight or enjoy knitting whilst in the rocking chair. The private verandah sitting area off from the master bedroom is very nice. Very nice homely furnishing of the interior! The pastel colours are lovely! Very nice homely furnishing of the room areas with items from the knitting pack. The vases of flowers through the home are pretty! Very nice window desk area to enjoy using the computer or doing craft work on the craft table in the sunlight. The kitchen wall tiling is very nice. Sims will enjoy reading books and watching tv whilst sitting on the armchairs. The way you have placed the towel shelves on the bathroom wall looks very nice!
    It is a very nice homely home :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @rosemow thankyou for your lovely detailed review.

@GlacierSnow thsnkyou
  • Nightwolf225Nightwolf225 Posts: 44 Member
    Out of interest is the deadline midnight tonight or midnight Tomorrow also are we allowed to change the columns out?
    @Becka28 your house looks wonderful!
    @Nightwolf225 I will post a new challenge first thing Tuesday morning so you have until then 🙂 I will more than likely share my comments on everyone's entry the night before but I can always add to it later.
    Also you are more than welcome to remove the columns.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Lovely builds, all! Such a talented group of people. ♥
  • Nightwolf225Nightwolf225 Posts: 44 Member
    @AlJay
    I'm probably gonna miss the deadline cause I literally only stumbled across this thread earlier today though I have downloaded the lot and I'm building as we speak but chances are I'll not end up finishing the build before the deadline so I think I'm just gonna work on the build for my own save cause I'll probably end up tweaking a few of the proportions cause I noticed the foundation was on stilts so I think I'm gonna repurpose it as my legacy founders retirement home an place it in sulani.

So I'll probably check in on Tuesday and start fresh so I've not only got 36hrs to work on a full build cause I like to take my time and spend a few hours on each room making sure the furniture looks just right and I also like to play test as I go so that I don't finish a build an realized half the stuff doesn't actually work and then have to go back and redo a bunch of things.
    That is no problem @Nightwolf225 :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    All your cottages are so pretty! Great job everyone.
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to create such beautiful and creative homes for this month’s challenge. I have really enjoyed looking at every single one or your entries!

@icanhassims Best friends in paradise is a very nice home! I love the large deck that you have made extending over the water and it is great that you have added the bonfire and the boat for some fun outdoor activities. The interior looks so nice and tropical. I love the soft wall colors and all the Sulani decorations. Great idea using the window for separation in the bathroom! Very well done!

@GlacierSnow Island Love is a beautiful tropical home! I like your lot choice for this home and the way you have made the deck with the columns and spandrels looks great. What a good idea to take the extra bedroom and make it the kitchen! That really opens up the living room area and I love the way you designed the shower. It was also nice to see your couple enjoying their new home. Great job!

@Taoron Your Natural wood beach home looks wonderful! I love the way you designed the roof. I don’t like to share the actual picture of the exterior of the floor plan because I figure it might restrict creativity but you nailed this one! It looks almost like the original. I love the way you have placed this house on the water and added the dividers on the deck. Your interior looks wonderful with the built-ins in the living room and the cabinetry in the kitchen and office area. Nicely done!

@Raynn Your Tropical Retirement home looks great! I love the nice island feel that the home has and you have done a great job with the landscaping. Your interior is decorated so well. The colors you have chosen go very nicely together and I love all the little clutter items you included. The wave wall paper in the one bedroom is perfect for Sulani. Well done!

@Clousinators Granny’s Tropical Flat looks very nice! I like the exterior colors and texture with the dark wood and the lush landscaping looks so nice. The interior looks perfect for an elderly couple. I really like the way you connected the table to the counter in the kitchen and having the spare bedroom for the grand kids is a perfect idea. I also really like the way you designed the bathroom. Great job!

@Allears your home looks beautiful! You have done a great job of the landscaping and the exterior looks so nice especially with the front deck! I hardly recognized the house! It is great that you have added a garden in the yard and a place to relax by the tree. I really like your color choices for the interior of the home. I think it was a great idea to add the small hall to give an actual laundry room. Your crafting room is decorated very nicely and I love the master bedroom. Nicely done!

@nucleonide Your Tropical Respite home looks great! I like the way that you have fenced in a little bit of paradise in the city. The tropical flower bed in the back looks so nice as well as the curved patio. The interior of your home looks wonderful as well. I like the lighting in the kitchen and the way the cabinet curves around the corner to the office area works so well. Great job!

@wanderinglizzy Bayou Beauty is a very nice home! I really like that you chose to make your house in the swampland of Willow creek. You have done a wonderful job of landscaping the yard to make it look like a swamp. I really like the way the deck is done as well. The interior fits the swamp theme very nicely as well. You have added so much nice clutter items to your build. I especially like the picture on the fridge. Well done!

@Becka28 Pretty Pastel is so beautiful! I love the pastel colors that you used. The house seems so cozy and inviting. I like that you added the rocking chairs on the deck and you have done a great job with the landscaping as well. The soft colors on the interior complement the home well and I really like the large island that you made. Great job!
    edited September 2020
    September Challenge

O0urfbt.jpg
    VoRMU7W.jpg

For this month’s challenge I found a house plan that is a tiny home. You don’t have to keep it as a tiny home but you can if you want. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget but please do not use any custom content. Hashtag with #BB11 and #AlJay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. As always, if you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – September Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing your tiny homes!
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Thank you @AlJay I always enjoy doing your challenges.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @Aljay!
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top