Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Sims in the households uploaded onto the Exchange retain their skills, careers and inventories?

IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
Suppose I upload a household onto the Exchange. The household consists of Sims who have some relics, gems, perhaps a family member's tombstone, in their inventory. They also have some skills and a career. Is this information about individual Sims (inventory items, skills, jobs) uploaded when you upload the whole household? What if you upload individual Sims?

I tried to find the answer on google, but couldn't :(
I suppose that at least skills are saved because there are some all-skills-maxed Sims on there, but what about the inventory?

Edit: also, if, for example, one sim in the household I want to upload has died, will they appear in the Family tree of their spouse/children... when someone else downloads the household?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, they do retain their skills, there have been a number of single sims that I saved to the bin, and then played them in another world/game save. I can't recall any of the answers to your other questions, sorry.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Iwanalogin ...

Skills will save on Sims saved to the Library.
    Items placed in the Household Inventory prior to Eviction will be saved with the Sim(s).

Relationships with Sims in the town are not saved.
    And sometimes Family Trees get a little wonky when Sims are moved around from town to town through the Library.

However ... There are mods available that will allow you to move households around while keeping things more 'intact".

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • IwanaloginIwanalogin Posts: 300 Member
    Okay, thank you both!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Also saving as a household to the library will better retain things like occult types that aren't available in CAS (I've heard mixed things about sharing simbots/mummies/imaginary friends/aliens/plantsims as sims and keeping them as their occult type)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr