Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why you dislike Nifty Knitting?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    My distaste comes from the fact that I find the subject of the pack to be painfully dull. However, it was not unexpected. Way back when the first vote was announced and the pack options were shown, I knew it was going to be arts and crafts, and specifically knitting, and I knew it was going to be pushed through by the same crowd that really, really wanted to do laundry in their video game. There was no chance of me buying this pack.

With no small amount of irony, I say rest in peace, grim reaper career. You would have been awesome, but you were brought low before your time by intense and thrilling yarn action.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I don't hate it as I feel it may not be everybody's cup of tea and it is not mine as I find it boring.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't
    I love it

though i do still think adding jeans was unneeded and i would have much rather had knitted objects instead

and that there should be more swatches to the items we did get

aaand I would have also liked the knitting thing to be more neutral color cause it looks like your sim is always making same stripes which is just weird tbh

+ as much as i love happy haunts concepts i couldnt have ever settled for 1/5 of it in stuff pack

which i could easily do with arts and crafts theme because there is no real connection between knitting and pottery for example you dont need to have knitting skill to do pottery or whatever but there is connection between ghosts,spirits, seances, reaping and psychics

i just want bigger pack with all of that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    I hate it because I bought and installed the stuff pack and no items will appear in either CAS or buy mode! This stuff pack is a pile of poop and a waste of money!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If i were around during the voting i'ld have voted for happy haunts. But i like how NK ended being...

What i don't like is that plopsy features the same kind of craftables to sell everytime. It's always either NK stuff, magic potions, herbalist brews and some woodworking... it should sell more different stuff. It's my only grievance atm.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The permanent automous knitting is driving me crazy.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    nekotlc wrote: »
    I hate it because I bought and installed the stuff pack and no items will appear in either CAS or buy mode! This stuff pack is a pile of poop and a waste of money!

I feel like this was sarcasm, but just in case it wasn't...

Because you have to actually KNIT the stuff for it to show up... it's called "Knitting". There's a cheat to unlock them though if you really don't want to knit with a knitting pack.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm never annoyed with a stuff pack for two reasons - one, I never set expectations high and two, I never speed grind packs.

I allow my creative sims only to knit and in good time. I also like having a quick browse on Plopsy and have bought items I'd otherwise not be able to have.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't hate it. I have found it quite entertaining but who allowed autonomous knitting? It's worse then Sims dancing all the time. I send my Sim to cook then find them dancing with the meal on the stove unfinished. Now my Sim is knitting instead of cooking. So many started items in my Sims inventory.

Flower arrangements go bad in something like 4 days or so and we can sell them on Plopsy yet we can't sell crafted drinks with a longer shelf life of like 14 days or so.

We need more matching wood tones. There are wood tones with this pack but they are hard to match with what we already have. Also, some pieces of furniture have no function other then just sitting there with few clutter slots. I feel like they could of had some sort of function with the ribbons or wrapping paper etc. Maybe gift wrapping or wrapping the shipping packages for the items on Plopsy. It's like the big decor piece from EL that could have doubled as a new potting station or a version of the woodworking table so our Sims could craft garden pots and planters. Just more missed opportunities.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't dislike it so much as I simply don't care for it. It feels like a very vanilla stuff pack, second only to Laundry Day.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I don’t dislike it, but It has a LOT of bugs (cas cheat crashing my game, sims with the knitting skill being tired faster and not getting energy as fast as they used to, knitting skill books not increasing skill and having two “read” interactions, sims dropping everything they’re doing to knit....)
    And the build/buy catalog is a mess since they added one object for each swatch.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    I'm a knitter in real life, and even I think this pack doesn't add enough depth. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the decor items, some of them are way overdue to be included in the game, but the knitting projects themselves leave a lot to be desired (with the exception of the baby onesies, which are amazing). Why are there no basic, plain beanies, ear-flap or pom-pom hats? Those are what real knitters knit, not those stupid looking cutesy animal hats, and NEVER for adults because adults don't want them. Real knitters knit elaborate lace shawls, potholders, socks, sweaters, scarves, mittens and normal hats. We got the socks and sweaters. A lot of knitters knit for boutiques, too, meaning they knit TONS of the same items to sell at boutiques, which mostly take place in autumn in time for the holidays. I think EA dropped the ball with only adding Plopsy where you might sell a couple items a week. There are all these community lots and the sales tables are already part of the game. They could have added something like the Flea Market, and had a craft boutique sale day, where you could sell all your craftables. Can you even sell the knit items using the sale tables? I haven't been able to keep my attention on the game long enough to find out.

I guess by adding one very specialized skill to a stuff pack, it makes the skill, and thereby the pack, seem without depth. If you ignore the knitting skill, itself, the stuff in this pack is great, and I love that we got to vote on it. I'm just waiting for something to really keep my attention for longer than a couple hours a month, like previous versions of The Sims were able to do.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited August 2020
    I voted for it but as the voting went it seemed to get worse and worse. I dont like the art style, the name plopsy, how plopsy works, how knitting looks or works, the locked clothes system, the rocking chairs are massive and ugly, the build/buy catalog is super sloppy, theres hardly anything in the pack, the memory thing for elders is lazy and pointless, the metal genre they includes is not my taste in metal, I don't like the term frogging even though I knit, I still call it scrapping it if its not working out just like everythig else in the game, and I don't like how they only included knitting in an arts and crafts pack.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    No regrets I love it and the rocking chairs are awesome.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Nifty Knitting should have been Cranky Crochet with hook dueling and deep sea diving.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited August 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    I want to understand why a bunch of people is hating on this pack, when I feel like its one of the best stuff packs we EVER had. Please, give me your reasons.

Colour swatches are what I don't like. I use the desks in my kid's room as a craft table for them. If there were more swatches for everything I would have nothing to dislike but colour swatches are an easy fix. I would have liked more variety to knit. I would have liked it to be more than just knitting with embroidery and crocheting added in. However, with things missing in the pack I genuinely love it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not very interesting concept and swatches of items are too "cutesy" with weird pastel colours rather than neutral tones which makes them hard to use in regular builds. Also the voting process and dragged out release has left a lot of people feeling disappointed, majority either wanted happy haunts or an elders pack and we got neither. When you give people an option on these things people usually get one option they really love and get excited for, and then when that option doesn't win that leads to disappointment. I feel like people would possibly be more positive if it was a surprise release like Tiny Living

The pastel colors were voted for. A LOT of women and girls plays sims 4. I was in a very large fan group for sims 4 and a lot of women said that they liked that selection and were glad it won. I am more of a neutral color kind of person but it’s fine.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't dislike the pack. And I don't mind at all that other people like it.

But I haven't bought it yet because I am tired of packs having bugs at release, I am not that much interested in knitting either.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It was just weird that it came out in the Summer. It's more a Winter game.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It was just weird that it came out in the Summer. It's more a Winter game.

Maybe it's to give our sims time to knit their Seasonal Gifts! :D
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2020
    My husband bought for me since I was having a hard time with dialysis. I found it enjoyable for playing an elder character or a solo character... more than other things I have purchased for Sims 4. I got the last expansion and already hate the game play and turned off everything. The knitting pack I actually like more than any other bought pack. Which was a surprise for me. I also do not play with autonomy on ...ever. Throw a cat or two in with a solo Sim (cures the social I need social, I need social... need), perfect addition for crafting and not dealing with other Sims.. (Yes, I solo play my Sim character. Once in a while I will add a toddler).

So.. This is the first pack I actually like (thanks Hubby).
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Honestly I just hate on stuff packs in general. EA makes millions and they want too charge $20 for a small pack of a few items to play with. I feel that most of the packs are usually over priced (they have been offering sales but still). I would love to play with all of them just for the expanded options during gameplay. But if I am going to spend $20 I want more than just the limited items that usually come in "stuff packs"
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I think its because they had no interest in this theme in the first place or wanted the boring what was it Grim Reaper career to win. For me this is the first well thought out pack that feels complete besides not offering enough children options to knit.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Like I said I don’t hate it but I am finding it’s boring I mean there are only so many times you can every family knit. I bought it for Plopsy. But I am at the point that I’m extremely bored of the game until they add something that engages me I will stick to playing Ooblets.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I finally had a Sim sit in a rocking chair and knit. It went as expected, no glitches or anything. I like this pack. Knitting is not exactly my top choice for an activity, but I think this pack is well worth the money.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: