Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sculpting Opportunities Glitch Fix?

Does anyone know of a mod to fix the sculpting opportunity glitch, where they never get paid for any sculptures they deliver for opportunities? One of my current sims is self-employed as a sculptor and keeps getting offered opportunities, but in my past experience, none of my sculptors have ever been paid for them.

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Has anyone else ever had this issue? It's not all opportunities my sculptors haven't been paid for, only the ones involving delivering a sculpture. They have never, ever been paid for any of those sculptures. Until today.

Right now, I'm waiting for my computer to be repaired (corrupted boot drive). I'm playing on my laptop, which is not up to playing the full game, nor is there room for it on its hard drive. So I'm playing with only Ambitions and Generations, no stuff packs, but some store things.

One of my sims is a self-employed sculptor. She was offered the opportunity to deliver a sculpture. I used NRaas Retuner to find out what the multiplier is for sculpting opportunities, then when she finished the sculpture, I wrote down its value, intending to use NRaas Master Controller to give her the money myself. But when she delivered the sculpture, she was actually paid for it.

Now I'm wondering why it's working on my laptop, with minimal content, when it never has on my computer with the full game.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Do you have Into the Future expansion pack and is it installed? If it is installed, this mod might help: https://modthesims.info/d/560635

Into The Future broke many skill-based opportunities.
    @carlystur03 Thank you. I do have that mod. I've had the issue with the sculpting opportunities long before ITF, but I had more content back then than I have on my laptop now. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, though. Maybe it was some other update that broke it, and it got fixed later. I actually gave up on ever accepting sculpting opportunities back then, so I never accepted them for any of my later sculptors, up until the current sim. So if it was fixed, I didn't know it.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @IreneSwift I understand completely. Had I thought about it, I could have asked to see what you have installed (expansions, mods, etc.) just to make sure that what I was suggesting wasn't something you had already tried. That might be something that we should all be mindful of when we get gameplay issues like that. It's possible a mod is available, but if the OP (not referring to you, just anyone with an issue with their gameplay) makes a note of everything they have installed in the original post, then it might help other people figure out what the issue is and maybe how to fix it. Sometimes, it's an issue with bad custom content, sometimes it's something a mod can fix, and sometimes it's something that a mod doesn't exist for yet (since gameplay fixing patches are definitely well over and done with by now).
    @carlystur03 I guess it would be helpful to know more details, but I couldn't really give any helpful ones. It's been years since I had the issue with the opportunities and quit accepting them, so I don't remember what content I had back then. I do know that I didn't have any CC content, because I've only started using that recently and still don't have a lot. I don't even remember whether it was before I started using mods or not. All I know is that now I have all EP's and SP's, a lot of store content and quite a bit of CC, and most of the NRaas mods plus quite a few others, on my desktop computer. On my laptop, I have only 2 EP's, no SP's, maybe 2/3 as many mods or less, about half of my store content, and only a few CC items.
    While waiting for my computer to be fixed, I bought a new gaming laptop, with room for everything on it. I moved the household I was playing on my old laptop there. When my sculptor got an opportunity, she was paid for the sculpture she delivered. Now that I have my computer back, I moved the householdonto my desktop computer, and am playing them to test the new world I've been working on. So I've moved them there from Twinbrook, then moved them again when I had to make revisions to the world and re-install it. My sculptor got an opportunity to deliver an ice sculpture of any sim to the police department. She did, and got nothing for it. I do not understand this at all!

Has anyone else ever had this issue before?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Was the opportunity she got paid for one where she had to deliver it to a person versus a rabbithole? I've noticed the $0 payments for rabbithole deliveries the most, though I can't say I really cared that much (not to belittle your plight, I just have enough income in the house) For the record, no Into the Future here. The bug for ITF is not getting skill opportunities at all.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen Yes, the one she got paid for was to a person, while the one she didn't get paid for was to a rabbithole. I can give her the money she should have received with NRaas Master Controller, but I hate having that it's not working the way it should.