Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 2 : Which Game Pack will you never buy - and why?

If you still wish to vote and comment on the first poll, find it here...
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/979378/which-expansion-pack-will-you-never-buy-and-why/p1

Round 2 : Which Game Pack will you never buy - and why? 139 votes

Outdoor Retreat
1%
TodilooTheFlyingGentleman 2 votes
Spa Day
2%
foxybillyStrawberryYogurtEliasVersaceBastet 4 votes
Dine Out
0%
Mariefoxprice83 1 vote
Vampires
11%
aprilroseanastasia81ukAlexaiTheSpotted_Cbabajayneg01denswangrayhorseranchDoloresGreyLucy_HenleyNeiapinneduphairjoyofliving37Kellogg_J_KelloggSimAlexandriaOrangebarkGardeningSimmer 16 votes
Parenthood
5%
OnverserLiELFeternalrainnEllupelluelluElizaG2016IsharellMagicaCatNate_Whiplash1 8 votes
Jungle Adventure
0%
SimmerGeorge 1 vote
StrangerVille
4%
BabySquarebirdonawireKoteykapopstarsleyPurpleHeatherEmber_Fox 6 votes
Realm of Magic
5%
CorkysPetalswylmite1986SpatzThenyoukissmegnelso1239HopeyStarrspacehero 7 votes
None - I own and love them all.
48%
Bluegayleauroraael14Kita5399Sara1010Pbandit5IceyJSikoahGracedanacnbrettIsb917joelygirlsims2MeteoraStormelanorbretonSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010NADYSOPHIEWyrrenJestTruSeera1024HeyYoDiscoNickalanmichael1 68 votes
None - But I regret buying...
18%
Akl500PColorist40JueJuePlayerSinger2010Amj1995LustianiciaKhrisstyneAlwe1507phantasmkissbixtersBatmanFanGirlParmaViolet87QueenMercyKayeStarStutumAlanSimsChazzzyAtreya33ChatsaSERVERFRA 26 votes

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I own them all and like them all. The one i like less is parenthood atm. But just because i find the others better, not that it is bad imo.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2020
    ...StrangerVille.

I'm glad I got it at 50%.

It took me about 10 hours to play the storyline and I doubt I'll bother again.

Plus, I had the Scanner bug so had to find a workaround for that!

The World itself is a bit small, I wanted to move the 19th anniversary Maxis creations back home (it isn't too dissimilar to Strange Town) but there aren't enough homes 😔
    Post edited by Alwe1507 on
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I regret buying Outdoor Retreat.
    It's such a boring pack. There's nothing to do in Granite Falls.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Game packs are my favourite kind of pack. There isn't one I don't like.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I accidentally clicked the wrong choice. I wanted to choose None - I own and love them all.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Vampires
    I just don’t like vampires. I’m not into dark, creepy themes that glorify blood and death.
    It didn’t stop me from buying TS2 Nightlife, but giving us the option to buy them separately was the right thing to do, I think.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I clicked the wrong choice. I actually own all and I "like" them all. Some I wouldn't say that I loved but they're good and I don't regret them.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    'Outdoor Retreat' is the absolute worst game pack... I rarely use anything from it (except for a few things, like the horseshoe pit and campfire stuff). I hardly ever go on what the game calls a "vacation" at the campgrounds because it's extremely boring and there's nothing really to do... ever... also, I'm still bitter at the fact that the developers claimed programming a real bear into the game would be "too hard", so they settled for the bear costume instead... that still makes me cringe...

I understand it was the very first game pack and was probably mostly used for "testing" purposes to see how a game pack would work out, but it's just awful compared to the future ones we've gotten...
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2020
    Outdoor retreat. I hate hiking irl and so do 99% of my sims, Granite Falls is the most boring place ever and fake bears are just stupid. Not worth the money.
    I don't exactly regret buying Parenthood, but after a while, the constant messes and asking for advice became so annoying that I installed mods to nuke them.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Still missing Realm of Magic, but its on my wishlist.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just wish the destination worlds were residential. But I love all the game packs!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Spa Day
    Seems like a huge waste. As for the rest, I dont play with occults. The others I already own.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out because I hear bad things about it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do not know about loving them all, but more often than not I have enjoyed them and have gotten my $20 worth of entertainment.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. I have ZERO interest in Occults. It's the only game pack I don't own BUT I regret buying Spa Day... i have zero interest in spas, or yoga and I barely use the build/cas stuff. It's overall a boring pack for me.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Disappointed that I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback about OR. I haven't travelled to Granite Falls yet but sounds like the devs managed to take a development step back from TS2 and TS3 vacationing 😔
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't really regret necessarily, I do wish there was more to Outdoor Retreat.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Strangerville for full price. Since it’s a one and done thing and I wish I had not jumped and bought it on release. It’s cool but I wish I had bought it half off instead or bundled it.
  • Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    StrangerVille
    I will not be buying Strangerville even if it has some furniture that I would like to have. Partly it is because the story doesn't interest me and then there is also because I really don't enjoy desert worlds.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I own them all so far but kind of regret vampires. I just was so desperate for some decent supernatural game play that I bought one of few supernaturals I don't like (vampires and zombies) It is a well made pack, but I dislike blood drinking creatures of the night.

If realm of magic (my favourite GP) had been released before vampires, I would not have gotten vampires.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Of these if there was one I could never have, I would probably chose Dine-Out. Being on the positive side, I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Probably the one I'll use and/or play the least. So in my opinion, the least best of these. ;)

If this vote was in April, I'm sure I would have voted Strangerville as one I'd NEVER get! I'm liking it now though. Things change over time...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Vampires
    I went for Vampires, but I also probably wouldn't buy Strangerville either. I did have TS2 Nightlife (I got Double Deluxe so Nightlife came with it) and TS3 Late Night, but there were other features in those packs that I did enjoy (e.g. outings and dates for Nightlife, the whole bars/clubs/lounges thing and Mixology with TS3). I'm not really into vampires. I do like Spellcasters though.
    I regret buying Outdoor Retreat for the same sorts of reasons others have given, there is nothing to do in Granite Falls. I recently got Jungle Adventure, and although I haven't sent anyone to Selvadorada yet, it does sound much better (learning archaeology and Selvadoradian Culture, exploring the jungle etc).
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Spa Day was a waste of money.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't think I regret buying any game pack actually, I liked them all, I even liked Outdoor Retreat because it was the first game pack they made so it felt very new and exciting back then, everything felt fresh and new...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited August 2020
    Dine Out
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Disappointed that I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback about OR. I haven't travelled to Granite Falls yet but sounds like the devs managed to take a development step back from TS2 and TS3 vacationing 😔

It helps if you customise Granite Falls to your liking. There are more vacation homes than the game actually needs so I always delete 2 of the 4 and place something else in the free slots. In my case it's almost always a pub (bar) and a spa but depending on your play style there's loads of things you could put there instead. I also customise the homes I keep - one for singles or couples and one for families - and add thermostats as well. It depends on how into renovating I am at the time but we have the ability to change the lots to our liking and that helps me get the most out of the pack.

Selvadorada has its own bar, which is a great start, but I delete a couple of the vacation homes in that area as well, and put something different there to make it more fun for sims who want to take a holiday but aren't into archaeology.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.