Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will surprise us with another Stuffpack in October?

I"m hoping so. My thinking is The Gamepack is coming out in August so they might want to release another Stuffpack in October to tide us over till the November Expansion Pack. September is ruled out for a Stuffpack since it wasn't mentioned in the roadmap.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've had enough of 🌺🌺🌺🌺 Stuff Packs. We have 17 and we already got 2 this year. They need a rest.

2 stuff packs a year is absolutely nothing. If anything I wish they released a new stuff pack every month, similar to how TS3 store released at least a new store set every month.

I have to like the stuff packs, but I get what you mean. The Sims gets a pretty bad reputation for all its numerous DLCs, but if we are comparing the cosmetic stuff to skins you find in other games we get fairly little. Like you mentioned, the Sims 3 store had so much more.

(Not going to lie, I did not like 3's store. Too expensive and I refused to go digital at that point in life. Plus it was a killer for any completionist. I cannot imagine anyone owning everything available for 3. I certainly do not want to go this route again, but it is kind of odd they are not pumping out the stuff packs more often. Especially if they are going to be so narrow. You need more to go anywhere.)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I think I would prefer that they don't make any more stuff packs. We have 17 stuff packs now.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I don't think there'll be anymore stuff pack this year. As per their milestone, we're going to get a GP next then perhaps EP towards the end of the year.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hope so. It can wash the bad taste out of my mouth from the Knitting one
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think I would prefer that they don't make any more stuff packs. We have 17 stuff packs now.

I need a Pool Stuffpack unless their putting more pool stuff in a Resorts or Destination Gamepack or Expansion.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Don't think so :(
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    I'd rather they focus on fixing the bugs and glitches instead
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I"m hoping so. My thinking is The Gamepack is coming out in August so they might want to release another Stuffpack in October to tide us over till the November Expansion Pack. September is ruled out for a Stuffpack since it wasn't mentioned in the roadmap.

Did they announce the GP release in August, when everyone is on summer holiday? I would have expected it in November. We just had two packs.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope not. Stuff packs are a waste.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

What if it's a dragon stuff pack?
    Torch's magnificence could never be done justice with a Stuff Pack budget. But I will accept a MFSP-esque add-on pack to the dragon game/expansion pack we deserve.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Did they announce the GP release in August, when everyone is on summer holiday? I would have expected it in November. We just had two packs.

The roadmap has the GP listed as last up to September but SimGuruGeorge is already releasing hints so I think the GP will be releasing in August. November is when the Expansion Pack comes out. The GP will be in August or September.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

The roadmap has the GP listed as last up to September but SimGuruGeorge is already releasing hints so I think the GP will be releasing in August. November is when the Expansion Pack comes out. The GP will be in August or September.

Ah ok. I didn't know that also a second EP has already be confirmed.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Ah ok. I didn't know that also a second EP has already be confirmed.

I don't think it has, but there's always a second EP in Novemberish, so I'd assume one is coming then too
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't know if I think another stuff pack. I think SOMETHING is coming though.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    First is Maxis is only a name now. EA bought the name and Will Wright rode off in the sunset. The Sims are owned by Wall Street now and it's all about $$$. Would it killed them add a little something extra to Knitting like Sewing. Eco Living is a bug mess. First Pet was a money grab. The pool I doubt will get any attention just like the baby object. Fix the mess before making another thing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    logion wrote: »

I need a Pool Stuffpack unless their putting more pool stuff in a Resorts or Destination Gamepack or Expansion.

with pool party event :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited August 2020
    just stop it already with the useless stuff packs
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    First is Maxis is only a name now. EA bought the name and Will Wright rode off in the sunset. The Sims are owned by Wall Street now and it's all about $$$.

Lol what are you talking about. EA bought Maxis in 1997, three years before TS1 was even released. Many of Maxis’ games at the time were commercial failures & Will Wright ran out of money and had to sell the studio to EA to survive. Without EA, The Sims would never have been a thing and Maxis would have closed down more than 20 years ago.

And Will Wright only worked on TS1 & The Sims Online. He did not work on TS2 at all. Will Wright has been a completely irrelevant figure for the franchise for well over 15 years now.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Stuff packs are way less expensive than the store items and we still have way less content than in the store. So, im fine that stuff packs keep coming. .
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    First is Maxis is only a name now. EA bought the name and Will Wright rode off in the sunset. The Sims are owned by Wall Street now and it's all about $$$.

Lol what are you talking about. EA bought Maxis in 1997, three years before TS1 was even released. Many of Maxis’ games at the time were commercial failures & Will Wright ran out of money and had to sell the studio to EA to survive. Without EA, The Sims would never have been a thing and Maxis would have closed down more than 20 years ago.

And Will Wright only worked on TS1 & The Sims Online. He did not work on TS2 at all. Will Wright has been a completely irrelevant figure for the franchise for well over 15 years now.

without ea? jesus god if only Wright made the deal with another videogame company the sims would probably be one of the best games out there
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I think the next SP will come out early 2021.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

without ea? jesus god if only Wright made the deal with another videogame company the sims would probably be one of the best games out there

Lol. Maxis’ own board of directors rejected Will Wright’s idea to make an interactive doll house game, citing how dollhouses are for girls and girls don’t play video games. After the rejection Will Wright took the proposal to EA and EA surprisingly accepted the idea. That certainly played a factor in Will Wright’s later decision of choosing EA to sell the studio to, knowing that EA was going to let him make The Sims. If it were another company they could have easily rejected it again, just like Maxis’s own board of directors.

And EA themselves was also heavily involved in TS1 development, as Will Wright’s original idea for the game was merely an interactive doll house and the actual game was a lot more than that.

Later on EA’s very own Lucy Bradshaw led TS2 base game’s development and made it into a very successful game. Meanwhile, Will Wright led The Sims Online’s development and it was pretty much a failure.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png