Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
5221a8b2f7.png

oQZutLWQYlTz.gif

Welcome one and all to volume 2 of the Rebuilding Worlds Challenge! This challenge has gone through a few different renditions and has been going on in one way or another since 2010! With Volume 2 you will get to explore new worlds but not without a little challenge and of course storytelling — after all what's the point, right? So let's dive in:

Starter Guide
  • Select one of the premade founding couples and move into the founder's plot for the world of your choosing. Create your own founders for San Sequoia and Henford-on-Bagley
  • When a sim is born you must use the randomizer for their traits, aspirations and even careers.
  • Choose a skill from one or both of your founders to pass on to the heir for the 9 next generations.
  • Each generation you will need to build a home and pick Floor Plan A or B to recreate. Additions are allowed and feel free to change any colors!

Founding Couples
The Greene Founders
00.jpg

The U'halu Founders | Version 2
00.jpg

The Emerson Founders
00.jpg

Penne Sage Founders
00.jpg

Isla & Samuel
00.jpg

Julien& Omoni
00.jpg

Strangerville Founder Options pick one to start
OPTION 1- Pollination Tech 9
00.jpg

OPTION 2 - Collins Brothers
00.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited October 2023
    500d05bcbc3c80383458ee245122acb8.gif

Evergreen Harbor - The Makers
    Evergreen Harbor has not looked "green" in almost ten generations now. The town's former mayor sent residents away and shut it down due to the harsh environmental conditions. Now years later the CEU, Civil Engineers Union, is hoping to rebuild the city and create a place where people want to live. They've enlisted your help to turn things around, be safe out there!

Port Promise
    Founders Plot - The Old Mill A | B
    GENERATION 2 - The Shipping Views A | B | C
    GENERATION 3 - The Portsmouth Promenade A | B

Conifer Station
    GENERATION 4 - Pinecrest Apartments #402 | no floor plan, have fun! try to keep all walls
    GENERATION 5 - Canal Corner A | B
    GENERATION 6 - Pinecrest Apartments #404 | no floor plan, have fun! try to keep all walls
    GENERATION 7 - Pigulock Manor A | B

Grims Quarry
    GENERATION 8 - Rockridge Springs A | B
    GENERATION 9 - Stonestreet Apartments #4 | no floor plan, have fun! try to keep all walls
    GENERATION 10 - Miner Mansion A | B
    Sulani - Ocean Children
    Some say that the people of Sulani lived in peace with their ancestors for many moons. At least until the chief’s daughter started to dabble in foreign magicks. Ultimately the ancestors of the island grew angry and cursed the land with unpredictable weather. Monsoons tore up most of the land and only now has it all stopped. You are a descendent of the people who once lived there and you plan to take back your home!

Ohan’ali Town
    Founders Plot- Chieftain’s Villa A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Kin-Ship A | B
    GENERATION 3 - Tangled Flat A | B
    GENERATION 4 - Lagoon Look A | B

Mua Pel’am
    GENERATION 5 - Key Point A | B
    GENERATION 6 - Caldera Camp | no floor plan, have fun!
    GENERATION 7 - Admiral’s Wreckage | no floor plan, have fun!

Lani St. Taz
    GENERATION 8 - Reef Finery A | B
    GENERATION 9 - Journey’s End A | B
    GENERATION 10 - Sapphire Shores A | B
    Del Sol Valley

Mirage Park
    Founders Plot- Vacuous Green A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Upland Place A | B
    GENERATION 3 - Inner Circle A | B

The Pinnacles
    GENERATION 4 - Bailey-Moon Manor A | B
    GENERATION 5 - The Ward Den A | B
    Brindleton Bay - Animal Rescue
    Brindleton Bay used to be quiet, slow-paced town nestled between the mountains and the coast. Nothing "big" ever happened there, until the earthquake... Homes and businesses that weren't leveled during the quake were quickly destroyed by resulting fires and mudslides. Most of the survivors took what they had and moved away to rebuild their lives--but not you. You have a heart for animals, and you stayed behind to rescue the poor pets that were lost and left behind in the chaos. As soon as the rubble is cleared, you plan to open a veterinary clinic to treat all of the sick and wounded animals, adopt out those that you can, and personally take in those that can't be adopted.

Whiskerman’s Wharf
    Founders Plot- Tail’s End A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Ragdoll Refurb A | B
    GENERATION 3 - Catscratch Cottage A | B

Sable Square
    GENERATION 4 - It’s a Good House A | B
    GENERATION 5 - Sporting Space A | B
    GENERATION 6 - Domus Familiaris A | B

Cavalier Cove
    GENERATION 7 - Dachshund’s Creek A | B
    GENERATION 8 - Bedlington Boathouse A | B
    GENERATION 9 - Hinderquarter Hideaway A | B
    GENERATION 10 - Chateau Frise A | B
    StrangerVille - Strange Strangers
    StrangerVille used to be the center of a top-secret military research facility holed away in the middle of the desert (literally--it was built inside a massive hole). Rumor has it, something went wrong--really wrong--and the locals started acting really...strange. All that is known for sure is that the lab was shut down and locked up tight, and most of the town's residents lost their jobs and moved away. You came to solve the StrangerVille mystery, but you fell in love with the old ghost town, and now you want to restore it to its former glory. But first, you need to solve the mystery, because the rumors are definitely true...

Founders Plot - Creek Corner Cove A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Cliff Side Crest A | B
    GENERATION 3 - Dream Weaver's Way A | B
    GENERATION 4 - Plateau Place A | B
    GENERATION 5 - StrangerVille Overlook A | B

Tartosa - Dreamweavers
    The town of Tartosa is said to have the best views but you'd hardly be able to tell since it's been abandoned for a few years now. Folks are starting to return to the seaside region that was once home to a bustling bridal industry. Your family was among the original settlers and some of your family history can be found all over town. After receiving a mysterious letter you learn that your Grandparents left you a plot of land and a small some of money to keep the family business going. Will you help weave the dreams of many a hopeful couple or simple waste away by the sea?

Terra Amorosa
    Founders Plot - Via Romanza A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Rifugio Dei Pirati A | B
    GENERATION 3 - The Old Wood Nectary A | B

Port Luminoso
    GENERATION 4 - Piccola Luce A | B
    GENERATION 5 - Baia Dell'Amore A | B
    GENERATION 6 - Thebe Estate A | B

San Sequoia - The Growers
    The mayor of San Sequoia welcomes you with a generous land grant! Word has spread far and wide that the town is offering a nice sum of money for new residents to come and help the town flourish. Will you be among the first or bide your time since it all sounds too good to be true?
    Hopewell Hills
    Founders Plot - 23 Eucalyptus Lane A | B
    GENERATION 2 - Sequoia Cottage A | B
    GENERATION 3 - 36 Bayani Place A | B
    GENERATION 4 - 7 Eucalyptus Lane A | B

Gilbert Gardens
    GENERATION 5 - Parkside Place A | B
    GENERATION 6 - 13 Acacia Avenue A | B
    GENERATION 7 - 18 Celebration Way A | B

Anchorpoint Wharf
    GENERATION 8 - Manzanita Terrace A | B
    GENERATION 9 - Anchorpoint Abode A | B
    GENERATION 10 - Robles Point A | B

Henford-on-Bagley - Hometown Healers
    After graduating college and moving to the big city you feel like something is missing, that maybe there is more to life than this. You grew up in the countryside of Henford-on-Bagley so when you receive a letter from your parents about the land that you've inherited from your grandparents, you know it's time to go back home. Readjusting to life in the country won't be easy but you've got a supportive family by your side!

Founder's Plot - Cordelia's Secret Cottage A | B
    GENERATION 2 - 14 Nettle Lane A | B
    GENERATION 3 - 2 Olde Mill Lane A | B
    GENERATION 4 - 3 Olde Mill Lane A | B
    GENERATION 5 - 5 Cobblebottom Street A | B
    Post edited by OJenn on
    edited March 2023
    Brindleton Bay Genepool
    Tartosa Genepool WIP
    Generation 2 - WILDCARD
    Pick any townie!

Generation 3
    Male 1
    Male 2
    Female 1
    Female 2

Generation 4
    Male 1
    Male 2
    Female 1
    Female 2

Generation 5
    Male 1
    Male 2
    Female 1
    Female 2

Generation 6
    Male 1
    Male 2
    Female 1
    Female 2
    Post edited by OJenn on
    edited July 2020
    So this a bit of a work in progress for the challenge and I'd love help with the following:
    • Sims! And a diverse group of them at that — still wanting to promote diversity
    • Storylines. I'd love for one of you to help write the storylines for the other worlds.
    • And just help adding in challenging bits overall
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @OJenn I love this!! I can't wait to have time to play Sims again so I can try out this new version of the challenge. Is the old thread/challenge still going too, or are we moving over here?

Also, how does this sound for the Brindleton Bay story...

Brindleton Bay - Animal Rescue
    Brindleton Bay used to be quiet, slow-paced town nestled between the mountains and the coast. Nothing "big" ever happened there, until the earthquake... Homes and businesses that weren't leveled during the quake were quickly destroyed by resulting fires and mudslides. Most of the survivors took what they had and moved away to rebuild their lives--but not you. You have a heart for animals, and you stayed behind to rescue the poor pets that were lost and left behind in the chaos. As soon as the rubble is cleared, you plan to open a veterinary clinic to treat all of the sick and wounded animals, adopt out those that you can, and personally take in those that can't be adopted.
    The old thread is definitely still going for those who may not have the new packs. This one is just here for the newer packs and a bit more of a challenge. I really like the story you came up with for Brindleton Bay, those poor pets. Thank goodness our potential founders are sticking around. I will get it added up above.
    edited July 2020
    I thought of one for StrangerVille too! (It would make a good 5-gen world like Del Sol Valley, and you could totally use my StrangerVille mystery sim Andromeda as one of the founders!)

StrangerVille -- Strange Strangers
    StrangerVille used to be the center of a top-secret military research facility holed away in the middle of the desert (literally--it was built inside a massive hole). Rumor has it, something went wrong--really wrong--and the locals started acting really...strange. All that is known for sure is that the lab was shut down and locked up tight, and most of the town's residents lost their jobs and moved away. You came to solve the StrangerVille mystery, but you fell in love with the old ghost town, and now you want to restore it to its former glory. But first, you need to solve the mystery, because the rumors are definitely true...
    edited July 2020
    You're on a roll!!

@debjameswhite - Can you upload the founders you created so I can add them?
    Post edited by OJenn on
    I took a small break for formatting the thread to get The Greene Founders settled into Evergreen Harbor. I downloaded this lot from the gallery for them to have a place to get a break while construction begins on their home.

4589b04614.jpg
    dcabcd4068.jpg
    @OJenn I love your intro post! The Greenes are adorable after their make-over. And I love that you used my sims for Sulani! I never ended up playing them, so maybe I'll have to one of these days...
    Your sims were just too perfect to pass up @JordanNicoleJJ
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm excited to see a new version of this challenge :) I haven't been able to get into playing the sims for months now. Usually my simming mojo is back by now, but unfortunately I still find myself disinterested. I'm hoping this new challenge will give me some motivation. Life is keeping me super busy, but when I have some down time I plan to decide if I wanna buy the Eco pack or Strangerville, and get started. Until then, I miss everyone (more then I miss simming, oops!) and I hope you're all doing well :heart:

@OJenn - You and @debjameswhite did a great job setting up this challenge and the storytelling is so fun. Not to mention your Greene founders are adorable. I hope I can get to use them!

@JordanNicoleJJ - Awww the story for Brindleton bay is adorable! I'd love to rebuild there again with the focus on rescuing animals :blush: I also love your Strangerville story idea. I can't decide if I should buy that pack or not... I can't decide If I wanna buy any packs actually lol
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited July 2020
    @Heckstress17 & @JordanNicoleJJ I will add Strangerville to the end here. I will just need helps with the mates haha since that 5 worlds. Jordan did you have any suggestions for which lots to use to make it a 5 gen challenge?
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @OJenn I love your founders! Sorry mine are not up yet. I tried to upload them last night and tonight and both times I ended up having issues. They'll be up soon! I don't want to get too far behind you! I love the way she's looking at him in the second picture. I also love the little barrettes in her hair.
    edited July 2020
    @OJenn I'd recommend to start StrangerVille with a single sim instead of a couple, and start on the lot Slip 42. Partner with a pre-made or townie for the founding gen, as there are lots of pre-made singles in StrangerVille, and it generates a lot of military and scientist townies. Then move to Riverside Grove once the single sim is coupled/has kid(s), because Slip 42 is too small for a family imo. Alternately, just do a founding couple & start on Riverside Grove.
    GENERATION 1 - Slip 42/Riverside Grove
    GENERATION 2 - Carpophagous Corner
    GENERATION 3 - Dream Weaver's Way
    GENERATION 4 - Plateau Place
    GENERATION 5 - StrangerVille Overlook

I can make the StrangerVille gene pool tonight, if you want :smile:

@Heckstress17 Ahhh I miss you!! I understand what you mean about being bored with Sims, I definitely go through those phases. I actually really want to play right now, but between working full time again, running three D&D games a week, and playing Skyrim in what little free time I have, I just don't have time for Sims right now. I'll totally be keeping up with the thread & commenting when I get time though, because I miss you guys too. Also, apparently there's a sale going on, so I gifted you Eco & StrangerVille :smile:
    edited July 2020
    Yes please and thank you, @JordanNicoleJJ, and omg you are so sweet to gift those packs!

Also, I really like the idea of having a single sim especially with the story mode portion of Strangerville #nospoilers :wink: updated the posts up top to reflect that. And no worries @debjameswhite I turned off aging until everyone joined in so I am just building and earning right now.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @Heckstress17 Ahhh I miss you!! I understand what you mean about being bored with Sims, I definitely go through those phases. I actually really want to play right now, but between working full time again, running three D&D games a week, and playing Skyrim in what little free time I have, I just don't have time for Sims right now. I'll totally be keeping up with the thread & commenting when I get time though, because I miss you guys too. Also, apparently there's a sale going on, so I gifted you Eco & StrangerVille :smile:

@JordanNicoleJJ - You are so sweet omg :bawling::bawling::bawling: I was talking to @OJenn about eyeing the Origin sale the other night and trying to make my mind up on what pack I wanted. Then this morning I was gonna buy one, then realized I didn't have enough spending money this paycheck to do it. (I bought my kids new school clothes and shoes only to decide a day later to do virtual learning...) Anyway, I didn't think I'd be able to buy any of the packs. I was really sad, obviously to participate in V2 of this challenge I need the newer worlds... and I'm rambling, sorry, but omg I'm seriously so happy and excited. Thank you so much :heart: Are we not friends on Origin? I want to send you a little something too, but when I try to it says your profile is private. I sent a friend request. I'll try again later. :) Also, your D&D playing has picked up a lot since the last time we talked lol 3 games a week is a lot to plan! But sounds so fun too. The working full time... not so much lol

@OJenn - How do I randomize a hobby? Were hobbies added to the game while I was away, or is it just something I'm supposed to come up with for my family? Like, collecting, or fishing, etc.?? Also, I'm bulldozing the worlds again and starting from scratch right? Just wanna make sure I cover my bases before beginning.

@all - I'm downloading the Green Family and will get to work building their new home in Evergreen Harbor tonight or tomorrow. I can't decide if I like floorplan A or B more. Has anyone else decided already??
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited July 2020
    @Heckstress17 - Omg how embarrassing I meant to say skill. The randomizers says hobby but that's what it means lol let me adjust the wording.

For the Greene's I went with Plan A and made some adjustments. I'm hoping to post some pics tomorrow of it, the inside is so bare because they are broke. Also there is a save file as well where I bulldozed all the world's except Strangerville and uploaded it.

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1944340/
    edited July 2020
    @OJenn I'm glad you liked my single-sim idea. I think it'd be best for the mystery part too. Also, I didn't get the StrangerVille gene pool done yet, I got busy tonight, but I'll try to get it done tomorrow :grimace:

@Heckstress17 You're welcome! I've been blessed to have everything I needed through this pandemic, and random strangers have been really generous toward me lately, so I've been paying it forward when I get the chance. I got a $20 tip at work the other day (we don't even get tips, the customer was just really appreciative & generous), and my insurance agent paid a $20 bill for me today, because my account isn't set up properly yet and therefore I couldn't pay the bill (today was the due date, and I was about to get slammed with a late fee and credit hit if I didn't pay it)...so I'm happy to pay it forward with some Sims packs :blush: I'm starting to believe in the whole karma thing lol. And yes, D&D has taken over my life again :lol: I run my main game for my main friend group, plus a second game for a different friend group (it's like a half-D&D game, half-gossip sesh, nerdy girl's night lol), and I manage a game store and run one game there. It's a good thing I love it, or I'd be pulling my hair out :grimace: Working full time again is tiring, but I am a workaholic at heart, and I'm way more productive when I have deadlines and a more strict routine. I just wish I was SLIGHTLY less busy so I could fit in Sims like once a week...maybe I'll have to set aside an afternoon each week to just relax & play, especially with this fun new version of the challenge!

Edit: @Heckstress17 I also accepted your friend request :smile: Don't feel like you have to get me something though -- my boyfriend spoils me with games all the time, so I really don't need anything :lol:
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Hi!
    I found this thread just now and read all posts up until this point. I am excited for this challenge version. I've been lurking. Sorry for not commenting much.
    You are welcome to use any of my Sims for the genepool if you need more. #madebymionax
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
    Added The Emerson Founders ♥
    Some quick progress shots on the house, again I went with Plan A for the Founders Plot in Evergreen Harbor.
    96a1d8ccaa.jpg
    2d7844fec5.jpg
    a9bef8b82c.jpg
    7afc78dd14.jpg
    e0a93cedb3.jpg
    b6c801a6a9.jpg
    fc99d739de.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file