Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter-themed EP - CONFIRMED

SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
19th of October:

"Tune in tomorrow for the #TheSims4 Snowy Escape reveal trailer! You'll be introduced to the absolutely stunning world of Mt. Komorebi"
DaWaterRat wrote: »

So it's official now! Sounds great!

14th of July: At the end of the Nifty Knitting-trailer the lady sitting in the rocking chair outside, daydreams about a child in a Winter Wonderland-setting - Wouldn't that be awesome if her dream became reality? There has been a survey earlier about an Alpine-themed Pack, so let's hope!

Update: The guy that sits right next to the lady at the porch at the end of the trailer has the exact same thought bubble with the winter-themed kid, so what do you think - Definitely a hint or...?

Update 27th of July: Something else that could point to a winter-themed EP/GP is that both Surfing (in Island Living) & Snowboarding in Seasons are missing in TS4 – It’s a long shot, but I’m cautiously optimistic that it means snowboarding is upgraded from the TS3-halfpipe and instead properly implemented in an Alpine EP/GP.

Update 31th of August: Personally I'm hoping for:
    - Snowboarding
    - Skiing
    - Different ski slope difficulty (green, blue, black etc)
    - Ski lifts
    - Winter Vacation Homes
    - Ice Hockey
    - Snowmobiles
    - Alpine Rescue Helicopters
    - Search & Rescue Teams
    - Avalanche Rescue Dogs
    - Sledding
    - Winter Hiking Trails

Did I miss something?

Z5yqGx5.png
    Post edited by SupersonicAvalanche on

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
      I noticed too!
      Me on:
      Twitch jovi_jov
      Twitter BarbieSimmy
      Origin SimsBarbie
    • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
      On the Twitter version a baby and scho were shown.
    • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
      edited July 2020
      Wow! It is most definitely a hint - cuz the guy that sits right next to the lady at the porch at the end of the trailer has the exact same thought bubble with the winter-themed kid!

Z5yqGx5.png
    • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
      edited July 2020
      Has

NOBODY

in this entire community ever heard of Citizen Kane?
      One of the most famous movies ever made?
      The film about an old man reminiscing about his childhood sled?

People on twitter are making the same "it's a winter GP!" assumptions, and I'm just......................

.................why? It's such an obvious reference!

The Sims often has jokes and pop-culture references in its interactions. This is one of them.
      Nothing more, nothing less.
      wJbomAo.png
    • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
      kwanzaabot wrote: »
      Has

NOBODY

The Sims often has jokes and pop-culture references in its interactions. This is one of them.

I hope you're right. I've seen Citizen Kane several times. It's just a bit older than me.

I've just got through the winter season with Eco Lifestyle and am so fed up with it snowing or raining all the time. It's a bane on building houses and they've forgotten to put snow on my favourite hedge fences too. Another snowy scene will be overload for me! End of moaning! :#

Thinks...If we are going to have all these woolly jumpers with Nifty Knitting I hope we could see our Sims taking off their outdoor gear and putting a jumper on in the house instead!
      Simburian wrote: »
      Has

NOBODY

I hope you're right. I've seen Citizen Kane several times. It's just a bit older than me.

I've just got through the winter season with Eco Lifestyle and am so fed up with it snowing or raining all the time. It's a bane on building houses and they've forgotten to put snow on my favourite hedge fences too. Another snowy scene will be overload for me! End of moaning! :#

Thinks...If we are going to have all these woolly jumpers with Nifty Knitting I hope we could see our Sims taking off their outdoor gear and putting a jumper on in the house instead!

It came out in 1941.

It's a bit older than everyone.

But it's an incredibly famous movie, frequently called the greatest movie of all time. To this day it is referenced in TV shows, movies and games. Even if you've never seen it, everybody knows Rosebud was the name of his sled.
      wJbomAo.png
    • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
      I didnt even notice this, only saw the grandma thinking about a building that could be a school or whatever, idk. I would be glad if it was sorta like the theme you suggested. It is a new theme and could offer fun gameplay.
    • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
      edited July 2020
      Has

NOBODY

People on twitter are making the same "it's a winter GP!" assumptions, and I'm just......................

Well, old movie references were my second choice. But srsly - couldn't it be both? I mean, I don't think the Winter-themed survey recently was meant as a joke. I hope no one does?

Z5yqGx5.png
    • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
      How can the winter vacation pack be a major first? I'm just trying to understand... We already had vacations in the snow with hotels in sims 1.
    • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
      edited July 2020
      Mareah wrote: »
      I didnt even notice this, only saw the grandma thinking about a building that could be a school or whatever, idk. I would be glad if it was sorta like the theme you suggested. It is a new theme and could offer fun gameplay.

Actually, there's a slight variation between the Youtube trailer - which has the sled, and the Facebook/Instagram/Twitter trailer - which has the school.

Otherwise the two trailers are identical, as far as I could see

Plumbob Pictures is trolling us.
    • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
      edited July 2020
      DaWaterRat wrote: »
      Mareah wrote: »

Actually, there's a slight variation between the Youtube trailer - which has the sled, and the Facebook/Instagram/Twitter trailer - which has the school.

Otherwise the two trailers are identical, as far as I could see

Plumbob Pictures is trolling us.

Ski schools confirmed! ^^’

Well, old movie references were my second choice. But srsly - couldn't it be both? I mean, I don't think the Winter-themed survey recently was meant as a joke. I hope no one does?

😂 Thank you - this made my evening... But on a more serious note I hope you’re right about a Winter World coming our way - the best GP-idea ever! ^^

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
      I saw pictures of one with a baby and a dog? The fact that they changed it for diff versions and it's all stuff people are asking for makes me think it is a hint, but either way we'll find out one day I guess haha!
    • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
      I would like to see a winter theme GP/Vacation pack more things for single sims, family and groups to do. Old movies would be a great addition to the movie pack we have too. I like Sims 4 it has tons of possibility.
      edited July 2020
      Has

NOBODY

No.
      It can't.
      Let's make it interesting. Hundred bucks if you're right. Send me your Paypal deets.
      I would like to see a winter theme GP/Vacation pack more things for single sims, family and groups to do. Old movies would be a great addition to the movie pack we have too. I like Sims 4 it has tons of possibility.

I was not saying the Citizen Kane reference was a hint.

A4qjTaLCUAEgD9m.png
      wJbomAo.png
      edited July 2020
      Has

NOBODY

Well already there has been 3 hints about a winter pack this year. See the video Pixelade just posted.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_lmEgtDTA&feature=youtu.be
      I saw pictures of one with a baby and a dog? The fact that they changed it for diff versions and it's all stuff people are asking for makes me think it is a hint, but either way we'll find out one day I guess haha!

Yes we have a Gamepack and another Expansion Pack coming out before year's end.
      Has

NOBODY

Well already there has been 3 hints about a winter pack this year. See the video Pixelade just posted.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_lmEgtDTA&feature=youtu.be

Regarding "hints" one and two, surveys are not hints. 99% of survey content has not seen the light of day. It's stuff Maxis might want to do, but it doesn't mean jack.

As for the third, Eco Lifestyle is set in the Pacific Northwest. Snowy mountains and "alpine" trees are not hints towards a winter pack, it's just what that part of the world looks like.

Finally, we already have Seasons, and unless EA is run by idiots (granted there's a possibility) they learned their lesson from My First Pet Stuff.
      wJbomAo.png
    • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
      edited July 2020
      Actually in previous sims games, one of the money cheats was Rosebud which is the name of Kane’s sled. So it might be a reference to this.

And no, not everybody has seen Citizen Kane, just because it’s well known doesn’t mean everybody has seen it.
      Has

NOBODY

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
      @telmarina wrote: »
      How can the winter vacation pack be a major first? I'm just trying to understand... We already had vacations in the snow with hotels in sims 1.

The next Game Pack has been said to be a 'Major First'.
      But if the Sleigh is a hint and not just a CK reference, it doesn't necessarily mean it's for the next Gamepack. It may hint towards an EP set for release this year or next year.

I do have a hunch that a resorts and winter sports themed EP is coming at the end of this year.
      DU wasn't part of last year's 3 pack roadmap, but it was still released at the end of the year.
    • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
      @telmarina wrote: »

The next Game Pack has been said to be a 'Major First'.
      But if the Sleigh is a hint and not just a CK reference, it doesn't necessarily mean it's for the next Gamepack. It may hint towards an EP set for release this year or next year.

I do have a hunch that a resorts and winter sports themed EP is coming at the end of this year.
      DU wasn't part of last year's 3 pack roadmap, but it was still released at the end of the year.

Oh yeah, if it's the next ep it makes sense, it even fits the season :smile:
    • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
      Dianesims wrote: »
      Actually in previous sims games, one of the money cheats was Rosebud which is the name of Kane’s sled. So it might be a reference to this.

And no, not everybody has seen Citizen Kane, just because it’s well known doesn’t mean everybody has seen it.
      Has

NOBODY

Dullest movie I ever watched. The only saving grace was, I was taking a film class at the time so the copy I watched was provided and I didn’t have to pay for it.
    • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
      Simburian wrote: »
      Has

NOBODY

It came out in 1941.

It's a bit older than everyone.

But it's an incredibly famous movie, frequently called the greatest movie of all time. To this day it is referenced in TV shows, movies and games. Even if you've never seen it, everybody knows Rosebud was the name of his sled.

It's only one year older than me and there are, or were people older than me playing Sims games last time someone asked ages! B)

I don't think the style of it is appreciated these days, except by movie afficionados, sadly. (name of his sled? errm). I preferred "Harry Lime" myself. The music was a great hit in it's time. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=harry+lime+theme+music&docid=608000080055174658&mid=843C0293ABEFB68496C3843C0293ABEFB68496C3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
    • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
      Personally I don’t get too hyped about hints in the game but I would like this one to be true. I do miss the snow holidays my sims took in sims 1. I’ve never had snow holidays since sims 1, I used to love sending my sims to stay in igloos. On a different note I watched a video of sims 1 vacation on YouTube and noticed the sim dressed up as a shark in the beach resort part (don’t remember what it’s called) has a similar look to the foxbury lobster mascot I forgot all about the shark sim.
    • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
      But wait how would this game pack be a "major first" then?
      Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
      But wait how would this game pack be a "major first" then?

I actually commented on that 5 posts up... ;)