Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite World!

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sulani
    Sulani first, then Selvadorada. But im redescovering San Myshuno too. The views are so beautifull from the penthouse...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sulani
    Sulani, I'm not a suburban-happy-families kind of person, I love anything tropical and non-mundane. But I wish there was more variety and more life to the world, basically every lot is a samey waterfront lot. Would've preferred a more Sunlit Tides type vibe but it's still decent.

This would be my dream Sims 4 world / what I hoped Sulani would be like;
    wtl9i4vweh231.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Windenberg
    Britechester. It is a really beautiful town. I love the details like windmills. I love that we can swim in the pond/river. And the map wiev is another whole level. It is breathtaking.

you can swim in the pond ?? Where is this pond? Clearly I haven't explored Britechester except the dorms and classes. lol
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Sulani
    So hard to pick one fav, Sulani, Windenberg, San Myshuno all top favorites. I just happened to pick Sulani. They are all beautiful and different in their own way. I still use WC, OS, NC, FH (wish it was bigger) and Del Sol Valley...they just aren't my first go to spots.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    @aaronrulz wrote: »
    Britechester. It is a really beautiful town. I love the details like windmills. I love that we can swim in the pond/river. And the map wiev is another whole level. It is breathtaking.

you can swim in the pond ?? Where is this pond? Clearly I haven't explored Britechester except the dorms and classes. lol

Each campus is situated at a small (river) lake. There's a little beach area as well. When you visit either campus you can swim and boat and lounge there.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Brindleton Bay definitely something about that world just makes me feel at home.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Windenberg
    I chose Windenberg because it reminds me of all my time I was stationed in Germany and it is an large Neighborhood and I still use it to date for most of my playthroughs. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Sulani
    Sulani is my favourite world <3
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other - Strangerville, Granite Falls, Forgotton Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Selvadorada, Britechester
    Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow for the architecture in both worlds. Both worlds are very beautiful in their own ways. I also loveThe Magic Realm even though The Magic Realm seems like it should be bigger with an Academy, Library, Apothecary and living quarters for The Sages.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other - Strangerville, Granite Falls, Forgotton Hollow, Glimmerbrook, Selvadorada, Britechester
    Selvadorada it’s such a stunning world. I love all the jungle sounds that comes with it. The culture of the world is great gameplay too. I would have picked sulani but I find the culture of sulani isn’t as in-depth as selvadorada which is a shame as it could have added more depth to the world and gameplay.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love Strangerville more than anything. Second choice would probably be Willow Creek.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Definitely Selvadorada, second has to be Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Don't really have one fave. Glimmerbrook, Britechester, Brindleton Bay & Del Sol Valley are my top ones.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    Toss up between Brindleton Bay and Strangerville depending on my play style for the game.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Sulani
    If there wasn't Seasons I would've answered Brindleton Bay. Seasons made it an annoying place to live, because of the constant thunderstorms. I still love BB even with the awful weather, but Sulani is my favorite now.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Windenberg
    Windenburg. The Only world that looks, and Feels like a World. It has a Vast History, Tons of Landmarks, Different Styles of NeighBorhoods, from Modern, to Countryside until a Private Island! Wherever you go there are clubs hanging out in the place, and there is a sense of "Culture" In the World itself. The Other Worlds has little to non-of those.

Windenburg has the Von Haunt Estate, with a backstory and ghost haunting it living there. The Neighborhood of the Private Island is a place of destroyed castle. There is a Ruins inside the city where you can actually hangout (Compared to the Dissapointing Ruins in Brichester, or the Backdrop Modern Movie Theather that could have been a lot. Not only that but there are no Decorations of buildings between each lot, and in the whole playable area, everything on that place is playable and buildable lot (Hello Evergreen Harbor! Deco Buildings.) The world itself feels alive for me, and that is why I Love Windeburg.

Just go to the Business District Windenburg. The Fountains, a whole neighborhood dedicated to Community lots that has an elegant design, This is great. I mean if we compare it to newer worlds, Sulani only come with 3 community lots, not counting the community spaces, the only usable community lot from the get go without going to the voting was a BAR. Glimmerbrook has a Bar, Sulani has a Bar, Everything has a Bar. While there are bar in Windenburg, it is not a problem because there are more community lots you can go.

I Miss that Charm in newer Worlds. didn't even play in Evergreen Harbor as it feels empty from the get go. IF they cannot make a world like Windenburg, then atleast give us a Create A World Tool. Make The Sims 4 Worlds Great Again.

Also why are we getting small worlds in expansion packs? I really thought that in the beginning EP's will have atleast Five newighborhoods....Windenberg so far is the only world that has 8 lots in a neighborhood.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My definite favorite is Forgotten Hollow. I simply love the aesthetic and while I would have loved it to be bigger, it works for me as my dark corner of the woods. (In comparison to it, Glimmerbrook really disappointed me. Even more so after I saw all the nice BB assets. I'll admit I upgraded the existing homes in Forgotten Hollow, but the houses in Glimmerbrook feel so bare and incomplete it is kind of ridiculous. The world does not really stand out either. I know it is supposed to be the "normal looking neighborhood with a secret" thing, but the normal neighborhood has to stand on its own and it doesn't. Compare it to smaller Forgotten Hollow that does pull of an interesting vibe.)

My runner up is Sulani. Absolutely gorgeous and really fun for off the grid and beach play. I often times find myself in a household there.

It is difficult to pick a third. For play time, it would have to come between San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay. Both solid, fun worlds with independent appeals (pets and lighthouse v. festivals and city life).

The rest usually have something appealing about them, but nothing major to me. Willow Creek and Oasis Springs feel really basic; I often overlook them even if they are solid neighborhoods with secret areas. Widenburg feels pretty basic, too, honestly. I also never seem to have a house ready for a larger family there. I do really appreciate the size of these three, though. Same with Newcrest, which is all about endless possibilities (which as much as I adore, takes a fair bit of commitment and the aesthetic is on the plain, boring side).

I never use Magnolia whatever from Get To Work as anything other than a public lot world anymore, though I used the one free lot for a while. I also do not really count the vacation worlds myself, if only because I cannot grade them like the rest, so Granite Falls and Selvadora are out.

Del Sol Valley is kind of interesting for fsme play, but you have to build a house for a larger family or move into the celebrity neighborhood. I actually like the Strangerville world fairly well, especially the wealthy neighborhood on the hill. I usually put the fancy restaurant from Dine Out and a Spa up there. Britechester feels more like temporary world rather than a home (but my college town felt like that, too, so no hard feelings). Evergreen Harbor is kind of cool for the new grunge and the development N.A.P.s, and I have been playing there, but beyond the ready placed community lots and the newness nothing is keeping me there.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Windenberg
    Windenburg is still my favourite, even with so many other worlds added over the years. It is large. It has enough neighbourhoods and each has their own theme. With the island it offered the first neighbourhood without backdrop houses, in other words a neighbourhood where we as the player can decide the look of all visible buildings. The only thing missing is the ocean being upgraded to be swimmable.

I also like Glimmerbrook (yet again no backdrop houses), brindleton Bay (nice seaside location) and the more exotic worlds like Sulani, selvadorada and strangerville (yes to me desert worlds are exotic)
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    To answer the question, Brindleton Bay would be the world I’d love to live in. It has both hills and seasides (geographic features I both love). And the colors of the trees when the seasons change are stunning! Also I like the stray pets. It feels very lifelike.

But honestly, Britechester would be my absolute favorite world for its atmosphere. It’s the first world I made over because I feel like its premade lots don’t do it justice. (I can’t upload the lots to the Gallery though since they’re mostly renos of other Simmers’ builds). I use it purely as a university town though and can’t imagine permanently residing in it so there you go. :)
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @aaronrulz Yep, you can swim in Britechester!
    I am sorry for the quality of my screenshots. I accidentaly hit my laptop and I broke it.

The map view
    9-7-2020-21-56-33.png
    Foxbury institute
    12-7-2020-18-28-56.png
    Ubrite
    12-7-2020-18-31-06.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Windenberg
    thanks for the photos @DoloresGrey
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Sulani
    I liked the pictures too, thanks. I did not know there were so many spots in University to swim!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    edited July 2020
    Evergreen Harbor
    Evergreen Harbor, because I am a family player and I wanted a suburban world for a very long time. The other ones in the game are too pretty for me. And I hoped so bad we would get more suburban apartments in a new world and I could not believe it they were actually coming.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Easily Forgotten Hollow. I love the dark, dreary atmosphere, and the vampires. Especially the vampires.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Sulani
    I chose Sulani as my favorite world, because I really enjoy the sunshine and the beach/ocean. I wish there were more and larger lots; I moved my main sim family away because they didn't have enough space. They currently live in a mansion on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, but they maintain their vacation house on the volcanic island in Sulani.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12