Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spark'd? No thanks!!

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am starting to wonder if the competition between players that EA CEO was talking about was related to the show with the quarterly report:
    https://simscommunity.info/2020/01/31/eas-ceo-confirms-a-next-generation-sims-game-might-have-both-single-player-and-multiplayer/

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation – cross-platforms and a cloud of a neighborhood world, you should imagine while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement, motivations – that this notion of social interactions and competition like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many many years ago – that they will start to become a part of The Sims experience in the years to come."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm pretty sure nobody asked for this. If they got the time and the money to do this, I don't want hear excuses about budgeting being low for the game anymore. Plumbella, stepho, and urbanism are definitely there to help ratings/get people to watch otherwise no one would be interested to watch random players in reality show and probably still not interested now. Idk..disappointing for the sims 4 players. This out beats eco living. I can't believe it.
    Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on
    giphy.gif

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    In all honesty how does this benefit all Simmers when I saw this I was like how would this benefit me and my game?
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    logion wrote: »
    And this is what the sims mobile posted soon after the TV Show Announcement.

I am at a loss for words.

Using an end table, lamp and book end that came with Tiny Living in the same render that just so happens to include a bunk bed that fits in perfectly with the pack aesthetic is clownery at its finest.

Now personally, I'm not crying out for bunk beds but I would have preferred them over the death trap that is the Murphy Bed.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    In all honesty how does this benefit all Simmers when I saw this I was like how would this benefit me and my game?

If you choose to take part, it sounds like there's a contest in game. Winning could get you on the next season's shows and a chance to win that money.

It's going to benefit us in the same way other games esports benefit their player base... whatever that benefit is. It's more about advertising and hype for the game than benefiting the every day player.

Personally, I'll likely not watch it. Maybe some of it in the background while I wash dishes or something. I play a variety of games and I equally don't watch any of the esports for those games so it's probable that I won't watch this either. *shrugs*

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    EA are just laughing at their fans at this point between this and announcing bunk beds for mobile.
    But they also know they have a community that will continuously open their wallets regardless of their treatment of the game.

Sims 4 players getting dressed to buy the latest game:

giphy.gif
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2020
    EA are just laughing at their fans at this point between this and announcing bunk beds for mobile.
    But they also know they have a community that will continuously open their wallets regardless of their treatment of the game.

giphy.gif

This just makes me feel bad for looking forward to Nifty Knitting which is actually looking pretty good. I hate that I have to consider to "making a stand" and not buy a pack because I want to show that I am disappointed with the previous pack, which I did with Tiny Living. I don't even want to buy a pack at release anymore because it could be a buggy mess. It's totally possible that as soon as I load up Nifty Knitting literally every sim in the world will start knitting and annoy me.

I hope that when Cyberpunk 2077 will be released I will be able to take a break from the sims for a while.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

It's more about advertising and hype for the game than benefiting the every day player.

Yeah, exactly, which is why I wish that true simmers, who have been loyal to this franchise for the game that was would act on this and NOT FALL FOR IT. You should be insulted by this, not "excited to watch." It is a childish thing. It is playing you as a pawn. It is offering you nothing.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited July 2020
    The fact that some people are excited for this, just proves my point, they will buy and praise ANYTHING from this team and EA! Like......c'mon people you are being played, it's your attitude that make them comfortable for doing stuff like this and horrible packs.

But, yeah not interested...While I love Plumbella...I can't believe she'd do something like this....I just...don't see the point of making such a TV show just giving more screen time to GCs that already get everything...the sims is not an e-sport, stop treating it as such.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    I'm excited for it and not ashamed to admit it. Nor do I consider myself a pawn when I genuinely enjoy playing the game and am looking forward to what the next couple of years brings. Maybe the real question is why some continue to support the game, look forward to releases, bored in a couple of weeks or less, followed by the inevitable complaints. Rinse and repeat. Maybe the pawns are the ones who just can't say no. And the standard reply, "It's the only life simulation game out there", shouldn't even apply if you feel so deeply about the direction of the game and the company practices.
    The sims hasn't been an esport before... but neither had any game until they were. You don't have to participate, and you don't have to watch but there's no reason why the people that do like/want this type of thing should be denied it.

Competitions have been going on in the sims for ages so the potential for this kind of show has always been there. Build competitions, story, weekly room challenges... there is literally an entire section of this forum dedicated to just that.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would be ok about it if they made weekly competitions with small prizes like a pack or a piece of merchandise or a small amount of money or whatever. Everyone could participate from the gallery and wouldn't be worried on exposing themselves in a tv show. Those 100k would be enough for months if not years in prizes. And everyone, including introvert people would feel included. This reality show on tv is so over the top...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

giphy.gif

This just makes me feel bad for looking forward to Nifty Knitting which is actually looking pretty good. I hate that I have to consider to "making a stand" and not buy a pack because I want to show that I am disappointed with the previous pack, which I did with Tiny Living. I don't even want to buy a pack at release anymore because it could be a buggy mess. It's totally possible that as soon as I load up Nifty Knitting literally every sim in the world will start knitting and annoy me.

I hope that when Cyberpunk 2077 will be released I will be able to take a break from the sims for a while.

Woooo. Waiting for that game too LOL
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I would be ok about it if they made weekly competitions with small prizes like a pack or a piece of merchandise or a small amount of money or whatever. Everyone could participate from the gallery and wouldn't be worried on exposing themselves in a tv show. Those 100k would be enough for months if not years in prizes. And everyone, including introvert people would feel included. This reality show on tv is so over the top...

This is a cool idea! It could just be a weekly competition on the gallery, and everyone has the chance to win something.
    Sounds a lot more interesting and a better use of resources than a Reality TV show.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

giphy.gif

I still am interested in Knifty Knitting too, it seems like they did a good job with it. Knitting sounds very versatiles, and it includes toddlers, children, adults, elder and even pets. And Plopsy sounds great. I'll buy it to show I approve of their work.
    I still haven't bout Eco Lifestyle because it's a bug ridden hot mess.

I'm a bit worried about Cyberpunk 2077. There is a lot of hype behind it, but I'm worried about it being too big for it's own good. I enjoyed the Witcher 3, but I thought some of it was dull. I'm a bit worried that they'll make a giant open world, but it will feel empty. These are just my suspicions. CD Project Red's only experience with Open World was Witcher 3, everything else they've made is closed world RPG. But we'll see. I also wonder if my computer will be able to even run Cyberpunk 2077.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited July 2020
    What is stunt marketing?
    Stunt marketing is also known as stunt tactics, a form of experiential marketing used to effectively build awareness, generate buzz and boost engagement. These stunts can enable brands to reach a wide audience, both primary and secondary, often on a low budget.

This Spark'd marketing stunt wouldn't bother me as much if my game wasn't broken from Eco Living and if I was certain more depth of game play and sim personalities were being worked on. It was nice to see that it seemed to be with that past survey and I am hanging in there hoping that they will. A game with less bugs and more engaging game play and sims should be what drives sales.

It's great for people who like the game changers and follow them, but it seems too much of a distraction to me when I am more concerned about having a better game. And like I wrote in an earlier post, this looks like they are prepping us for The Sims 5 and the direction the CEO wants to take the game. The last time a CEO set the direction for EA games we got Sim City. And thankfully we got Cities Skylines as an alternative.

History may repeat itself with The Sims 5 and another Paradox Interactive game if Spark'd is testing the waters for The Sims 5.
    Oh, the bunk bed for Sims mobile bothers me too. I heard the term "Tone Deaf" used for movies and politicians. I think it applies to The Sims 4 marketing as well. ((kof*)Sims20thanniversary)
    bixters wrote: »

I'm a bit worried about Cyberpunk 2077. There is a lot of hype behind it, but I'm worried about it being too big for it's own good. I enjoyed the Witcher 3, but I thought some of it was dull. I'm a bit worried that they'll make a giant open world, but it will feel empty. These are just my suspicions. CD Project Red's only experience with Open World was Witcher 3, everything else they've made is closed world RPG. But we'll see. I also wonder if my computer will be able to even run Cyberpunk 2077.

And about Cyberpunk 2077, I am not worried. <3
    Judy.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    telmarina wrote: »

This is actually a really great idea! I'd love to compete for a stuff pack. Maybe they can move onto something like this in the future.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Oh boy, just what the Sims 4 needs. A ReAlItY sHoW! Nevermind all the issues the game has and how much it's lacking, let's waste resources on THIS! Ya know, this might, might have been interesting if it an actual diverse cast. Isn't that one of TS4's favorite words, diverse? Nope, instead let's only get people who look no older than 20. Never mind all the people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, who play this game. Nah, they don't need to be on this show.
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

It's more about advertising and hype for the game than benefiting the every day player.

Yeah, exactly, which is why I wish that true simmers, who have been loyal to this franchise for the game that was would act on this and NOT FALL FOR IT. You should be insulted by this, not "excited to watch." It is a childish thing. It is playing you as a pawn. It is offering you nothing.

This comes across as a little bit of gatekeeping. What is a true simmer by your definition? I have been playing the sims for 20 years and love designing interiors. I am going to give the show a chance because I like watching people be creative and need a little bit of light entertainment. It really isn’t that serious.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh boy, just what the Sims 4 needs. A ReAlItY sHoW! Nevermind all the issues the game has and how much it's lacking, let's waste resources on THIS! Ya know, this might, might have been interesting if it an actual diverse cast. Isn't that one of TS4's favorite words, diverse? Nope, instead let's only get people who look no older than 20. Never mind all the people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, who play this game. Nah, they don't need to be on this show.
    DrGluon isn't in his 20 at least. He actually is a great dad and a decent human being. Like I said, I have been following him for quite a few years now. He is one of the first Simmers I followed on Twitch long before he accepted being in the EA Game Changer program. I don't know how old everyone else is because age tends not be shared online.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

giphy.gif

I still am interested in Knifty Knitting too, it seems like they did a good job with it. Knitting sounds very versatiles, and it includes toddlers, children, adults, elder and even pets. And Plopsy sounds great. I'll buy it to show I approve of their work.
    I still haven't bout Eco Lifestyle because it's a bug ridden hot mess.

I am a bit worried about cyberpunk but i think they will pull it off. At least they will fix it if there are issues. I am keeping my expectations low because I am concerned about combat and I’m not a fan of first person.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Is it a hint for GP09 ? Real TV themed pack ?

Survey 2015
    Get Real - It's time to become a reality star!
    Join the cast of Sliced n' Diced to compete against other chefs, Finding Love to become the most desired bachelor/bachelorette, or Runway Takeoff to become a fashion design star.

I hope not. I'd rather them focus on something we need like Resorts,A Romance Pack or Themeparks. Resorts need to come first though especially since they'd also likely add more items for pools like pool slides and pool waterfalls but I want to place resorts in Sulani.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Simmers: What EA needs is some good old-fashioned competition! That'll sort them out
    EA: Is this what you guys meant?
    Simmers: NO!!!! :rage:

This is great 😂😂😂😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.