Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2020
    I knew the Hottest Spot In Town lot trait did specific behaviors on lounges like bouncers and stuff, but I didn’t know it did on restaurants too.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I found out today that my Sim could call up a friend who is a cat and invite him over to the house!! Later I had fun and invited ALL his cat and dog friends to come to the house! It was a big pet party! Besides his four pets, he had two cats and four dogs come visit. It was great! He was having the time of his life while his poor husband mopped up puke and slobber.
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    I just found out you can quickly see what types of lots are in a neighborhood/world by clicking on the "i" next to the world name and then the magnifying glass with the lot. Kinda neat!
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I just discovered that kids can rummage through the outdoor trash bins for discarded toys. I'm sure many people know this, but for those that don't, I thought I'd post it.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    I just discovered that kids can rummage through the outdoor trash bins for discarded toys. I'm sure many people know this, but for those that don't, I thought I'd post it.

I discovered that awhile ago but forgot. Thanks for the reminder. I've also had them find postcards.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    During Winterfest you can check the mailbox for presents
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2020
    EZboDmeUwAIMQma.jpg

I just edited the Magic HQ and it has the name of Magic Realm. Not only that but the lot type under "sort by function" has its own custom icon next to the community lot items icon.

Lastly for funsies you can even add lot traits to it but I haven't seen if they work yet.
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I may be late but I just found out toddlers can play in the trash can and kitchen cabinets.

cduEWNN.png
    DuCNRZ4.png
    32HB5xE.png
    EgeoUqJ.png
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    If you augment the size of the mandrake root, you can see it has a face
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Off the grid just got better for me.
    I don't know if this is all new with the update or not but I learned that earbuds work in off the grid.

Also, some phone features on phones do not work with off the grid but if you have your Sim walks off the lot into the neighborhood everything works. They can purchase gifts, buy lotto tickets and find a job. Walk two steps back to the lot and the features are gone again.

My Sim can now make cereal and some other things in the quick meal category if they add ice and fetch water. I did not care of for the off the grid play before because my Sim had to travel to do certain things. The update added a lot for off the grid. My Sim is employed as a gardener and so far only had to travel to research gardening to complete the daily task. After I get Eco lifestyle and can generate wind power computers will work and my won't have to travel to use the computer.

I can't believe that about the phone though. I always traveled to another lot to find a job etc.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I swear I didn't know that you can scent the flower arrangements with different flowers and have different effects. This was mainly due to the fact that for some reason my one Sim never made an excellent or above arrangement lol

@Bearpal64 Scent with the death flower and give the arrangement as a gift to a sim to age them up. If the sim is already an elder, expect a visit from Grimmy.
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    toddlers can go through cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, children and older life stages cannot
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Toddlers can use the doggie door from cats and dogs
    You can alter the size of Patchy and as long as Sims are directly in line with him and nothing blocks their path they can interact with him. He also appears normal size when he comes to life and then returns to the object size he was in.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sims living in Strangerville can still vote.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    In the notifications tab, if a sims picture is shown (like when they are leaving), click on their image, and if they are nearby, the game will automatically take you to where they are around the lot.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    If you need bits and pieces in Eco Lifestyles, woohoo in the dumpster. It will generate as much as five piles of garbage!
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    In ECO LIFESTLYE, napping in the dumpster lowers your hygiene (as it should).
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I didn't know we get mystery jewelry and clothes with patches(?)/EPs(?)/GPs(?)...how do they work??
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
    Vet Clinics can be assigned the landfill lot trait apparently as it is not listed as one of the restricted lot types lol. 🐾
    Evil Sims can "Ponder World Domination" on the 16th Century Monte Vista Globe Bar that came from Vintage Glamour Stuff.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    One of my sims just ate the 'Poke Bowl' new recipe (one of the new 'natural' recipes added with the patch) and got +2 focused buff in addition to the usual food buff.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The responsible trait is useless for university life and careers.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No - you just need to know what it does for you. Your Sim will automatically select the "Work Hard" work tone - which may or may not be the most advantageous. Also, daily tasks (sometimes) autocomplete. I'll admit I have not noticed it helping much at Uni.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    If you have Eco lifestyle you can recycle urns and grave stones and if you have a level 3 mischief skill you can use the fabricator to make a voodoo doll.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top