Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
Hi,

From the 1st community vote (2017), Eco Living Stuff became EP09 Eco Lifestyle and Starter Home Stuff became SP16 Tiny Life Stuff.
surv10.png

Theme ranking:
1. Eco Living
2. Starter Home
3. Dangerous
4. Wedding
5. Arcade

Dangerous Stuff became Happy Haunts in the 2nd community vote (2019)
https://simsvip.com/2019/11/12/the-sims-4-maxis-to-launch-community-stuff-pack-vote-november-18th/

Theme ranking:
1) Arts & Crafts (SP17 Nifty Knitting Stuff)
2) Happy Haunts
3) Self-Care
4) Science & Technology
5) Fun-Tech

Like SP16 Tiny Life Stuff in 2017, Happy Haunts was the 2nd choice so there should be a pack about this theme.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    While the theme doesn't interest me, I think there will be. i also think it will be a game/expansion pack instead of a stuff pack, incorporating more than one of the ideas in the pack that people could vote on instead of just one of them. at least I hope so for those of you into that kind of pack.
    I don't, however, think it will be released for at least a year and a half ish.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    From your keyboard to Maxis' eyes.

Though based on how long it took, we may not see it until 2022
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    given the timespan for game pack development, i could totally see happy haunts being the game pack release for this year. but who knows, i just hope we see it some day.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2020
    A Stuff Pack in 2021 or an Expansion Pack/Game Pack in 2022

Reaper Lifestyle EP would be nice !
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I would love a Happy Haunts EP
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Interesting and yes I wouldn't mind to see that theme return in a pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Sure, not my bag. But the eco living/laundry poll was nearly 2 years ago. Happy Haunts was so recently. If that’s how long it takes to make a pack, I’d prefer TS5 before 2 years is up.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Happy Haunt as the GP would be nice.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    I have the feeling that Happy Haunts was widely discussed and stimulates much attention from the community so I really hope they will ride this wave of enthusiasm and get us all these spooky careers.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm curious about how the Grim Reaper career could be.

Should the sims be able to resurrect ghosts ? But what else they could do ? Planned the death of a sim ?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    He could teach the fresh ghosts the very useful skill of haunting, going through walls, levitating, possessing furniture and speaking to the living. Ghosts would have only the energy, fun, and social needs, so they will possess furniture for fun or in an attempt to communicate with the living. If they have high haunting skill they could help do stuff around the house, cook, clean, read bedtime stories, play, socialize, woohoo, etc. They could play poker with Grimmy and if they win they can ask to be resurrected.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I want a grim reaper active career and/or a whole grim reaper occult
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Back in July 2018 I posted a suggestion in idea corner for a Grim Reaper pack which would include an active Grim reaper career. This was the post:
    This expansion pack would allow you to play AS THE GRIM REAPER: reap souls for a career, live in the afterworld (Ghost Town), have the power to kill or revive sims, have children with special powers and develop your reaping skills.

I NEED this expansion pack!! Maxis if you make this I will DIE (no pun intended). But seriously, I think this is something a lot of simmers would enjoy, given the fascination with the Grim Reaper by simmers.

Please comment if you would also like to see this happen. They won’t make something if there’s no support for it.

Info on the pack

Playing as the Grim Reaper
    There is always only one Grim Reaper at a time per game. You can play as the Grim Reaper by either:

1) Starting a new game and choosing to play as the Grim Reaper
    2) Playing as a normal Sim who becomes the Grim Reaper

Becoming the Grim Reaper
    You can play as a normal sim who becomes the Grim Reaper. Once Sims have met the Grim Reaper once (by witnessing a death), they can then call the Grim Reaper and ask him to hang out with them. They can therefore build up a relationship with the Grim Reaper.

If a Sim becomes good friends with the Grim Reaper, they can ask the Grim Reaper to “transfer his powers to them”. If the Grim Reaper agrees, your Sim will then become the Grim Reaper. The original Grim Reaper will become an ordinary Sim.

The Grim Reaper can be male or female

A New World: A Ghost Town
    When you become the Grim Reaper, you move into the Grim Reaper’s mansion in a new world: The Afterworld/Ghost Town. The Afterworld is just like any other world: it has houses, a park, a cinema, bars. But, it is inhabited only by the Grim Reaper and dead Sims (including dead pets). The dead Sims appear as ghosts, but live in houses there, have jobs etc.

Ghosts have their permanent home in Ghost Town, but if they have an urn or grave in a living Sim World (e.g. Oasis Springs), they can travel back and forth between worlds. They can also choose to move in with a living sim family in a living world.

Living Sims cannot live in Ghost Town, unless they are the Grim Reaper/the spouse or child of the Grim Reaper. Living Sims may visit ghost town if they are good friends with a ghost and ask that ghost to take them to visit Ghost Town.

The Job

The Grim Reaper’s job is to reap souls, for which they are paid Simoleons. They will receive a message when a Sim is dying which tells them where the Sim is dying and of what. The location of the dying sim will also be marked on map view.

The Grim Reaper must go to where the sim is dying and perform the reaping ceremony. If they fail to do so, their work performance will drop. They can increase their work performance (and therefore earn more simoleons per reaping), by performing successful reapings and increasing their “Reaping Skills” (see below).

Your Sim’s work outfit will be the same as that currently worn by the NPC Grim Reaper.

Given that it cannot be expected that Sims will be dying more frequently than usual, the Grim Reaper will not be constantly performing reapings. However, when a sim does die in game (in any of the worlds), they must perform their job. Nevertheless, they will be paid lots of money per reaping, so they can live off the infrequent work. They can also get a different day job if they want something to do.

Reaping Skills
    There will be a new skill: the Reaping Skill. You can increase your Reaping Skill by reading up on Reaping, performing Reapings, talking to ghosts about death.

Powers/Abilities
    When your Sim becomes the Grim Reaper, their aging process stops and they become immortal.

They also acquire a new power: the power over life and death. With this power, they can instantly kill Sims that they don’t like (this will be a new death type and produce a new form of ghost). They can also choose to save dying Sims or to revive the ghosts of dead Sims.

Relationships & Children
    The Grim Reaper can marry normal Sims. When the Grim Reaper marries a normal Sim, the normal Sim will move in with the Grim Reaper in Ghost Town. The Grim Reaper cannot move in with the normal Sim.

The Grim Reaper can have babies with normal Sims. Their children will be mortal, but will have a special trait “child of death”, which gives them the power over life and death. With this power, they can kill Sims that they don’t like, successfully save Sims from dying, or bring ghosts back to life as normal Sims.

Retiring
    To stop being the Grim Reaper, you must find another Sim willing to take your place. Become a good friend with that Sim, and ask them to take on the job instead. If they agree, that Sim will become the Grim Reaper instead, your Sim will stop being the Grim Reaper and will move back into one of the worlds for living Sims.

When your sim stops being the Grim Reaper, they become mortal again and continue to age, they lose the power over life and death. But, they keep the reaping skill at the same level. If they decide to become the Grim Reaper again, they must begin at the first level of the career.

A New Holiday
    There will be a new holiday: Death day. On this day, Sims remember their lost loved ones. The ghosts of dead Sims may cross over into the living Sim worlds and tell your Sim a secret or ask them to do something for them so they can be at rest. The Grim Reaper will also be around on Death day, so that you can interact with him.

EDIT As Saska has pointed out, this doesn’t have to be a gamepack/expansion pack on its own. Everything mentioned in this post could come as part of a supernaturals expansion pack, including other things such as witches, werewolves etc. This would probably mean doing away with Ghost Town and having the Grim Reaper be able reside in any of the already existing worlds.

The thread is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943554/grim-reaper-expansion-pack-game-pack/p1
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I like the idea of a ghost town.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love love love to have Happy Haunts as a Game Pack!!

It was the option that I voted for and I would be so happy to see it in the game :) Also, getting it as a Game Pack instead of a Stuff Pack would be awesome.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    That would be super fun! I hope it happens :) I also hope for horses and superheroes and I'd be happy :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I would love love love to have Happy Haunts as a Game Pack!!

It was the option that I voted for and I would be so happy to see it in the game :) Also, getting it as a Game Pack instead of a Stuff Pack would be awesome.

Same! I really, really want Happy Haunts to be a thing! I have a good feeling about it. :)
    #Team Occult
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I wonder if Happy Haunts will be the unprecedented gamepack that's supposed to come out this year? They've never made a pack like it before. I'm pumped for more dark and sinister gameplay ;)
    bixters wrote: »
    I wonder if Happy Haunts will be the unprecedented gamepack that's supposed to come out this year? They've never made a pack like it before. I'm pumped for more dark and sinister gameplay ;)

Would love that but they wouldn't have had time to develop it yet :( it was only recently an option to vote on for the community SP
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    bixters wrote: »

Yes, I'm hoping that it is. It's quite soon after the vote, though, so idk.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    It COULD include werewolves in it, and an overhauled ghosts lifestate with perks and what not as both are related to Halloween/Hauntings.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    > @bixters said:
    > I wonder if Happy Haunts will be the unprecedented gamepack that's supposed to come out this year? They've never made a pack like it before. I'm pumped for more dark and sinister gameplay ;)

Indeed Indeed.... playing Grim’s actual role would be “A Major first”...

> @IceyJ said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, I'm hoping that it is. It's quite soon after the vote, though, so idk.

Very possible though. Voting results of Knitting and Haunts were so close and overwhelmingly popular - I believe with both the community and the devs- development of the SP and GP may have started at the same time...The game pack due this autumn has still some extra development time after the release of Knitting, so I can’t think of anything more suitable than Happy Haunts near the spooky season...

Plus we are due some occult gameplay after the usual requested realistic gameplay packs such as Uni, Tiny Living and Eco. >:)
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2020
    I’d honestly be for any DLC that also mandates a ghost overhaul for base game. Ghosts need work. They need to stop calling me two minutes after they die to invite their still mourning children to the spice festival.
    Post edited by Ivyeyed on
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    > @Ivyeyed said:
    > If honestly be for any DLC that also mandates a ghost overhaul for base game. Ghosts need work. They need to stop calling me two minutes after they die to invite their still mourning children to the spice festival.

Agreed. Also these guys need a graveyard or at least a mausoleum so we can find the poor souls in one peaceful place. And make em a CAS life state. I’d prefer having them dead already instead of having to kill a perfectly happy Sim.