Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when your Sim(s) are stinking rich?

Comments

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I usually add money to the wishing well to get rid if excess
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    A_Mom wrote: »
    Have you upgraded your flooring, wallpaper, and house siding? Some are much more expensive than others. And don't forget landscaping can eat up money too. You could also build some elaborate basements to store your expensive items instead of the household inventory.

Have you built and upgraded a rocket ship? That'll take some cash as well.

I have in many cases though as for the wall coverings I don't like many of them I like bold colors not pastels and I'm not a fan of patterns either. But my flooring is the expensive stuff. I have a huge house with elaborate raised flower beds all over and Have the lesser Rocket fully upgraded too. I haven't unlocked the bigger one yet. :)
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2020
    delphy wrote: »
    A_Mom wrote: »
    Have you upgraded your flooring, wallpaper, and house siding? Some are much more expensive than others. And don't forget landscaping can eat up money too. You could also build some elaborate basements to store your expensive items instead of the household inventory.

Have you built and upgraded a rocket ship? That'll take some cash as well.

I have in many cases though as for the wall coverings I don't like many of them I like bold colors not pastels and I'm not a fan of patterns either. But my flooring is the expensive stuff. I have a huge house with elaborate raised flower beds all over and Have the lesser Rocket fully upgraded too. I haven't unlocked the bigger one yet. :)

There's a bigger one? Where do you get that from? ETA: I mean, how do you unlock it?
  • delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    @A_Mom There are actually 2 more but you have to reach the top of the astronaut career to unlock them or use a mod that unlocks all the catalog items. I haven't done that yet but I'm considering it.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Only my matriarch has that kind of money, she's currently got 939,000. She's got a greenhouse that generates thousands with each harvest, lives off the grid, and I've had her since I started Sims 4 (though I did loose months of play with her once).

Once each of her descendants ages up to child, they move in with her and live there until young adulthood. I had one Sim that moved out with no money for a rags to riches story, but most take a big chunk with them. Her great granddaughter took 300,000 with her when she moved in with Vlad. She also blows a lot of money on community lots and her bills are in the thousands.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Stocks. I don't want my sims to be filthy rich, but some are supposed to be top of society, so I guess some money come with that. anyway, I have a stock market in my game. Anyone with some spare money (quite a lot actually) might invest them in some stock company. Some companies do well and there might even be a dividend, but they can also be unlucky losing at least some of their investments. I handle it manually in a spreadsheet - no mods. Best thing is that their money get out of sight :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    With Eco lifestyle you'll be able to recycle unwanted inventory items and the civil engineer will propose investment schemes which will lose some money.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Like a lot of people here, I handle it by using a vault and letting bills do the rest. Otherwise, the Mansion Baron aspiration will use up a few thousand grand to do. You can also just have sims try not to make money - earning skills through books or whatever (and quitting jobs). Continually having services such as a caterer on the lot could help too (in the long run). If all else fails and it becomes too annoying, just cheat the money down :lol:
    banner.png
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    The stock market crashes! (money 0)
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • AwenyaAwenya Posts: 36 Member
    I saw people already recommend MCCC and SNB Bills/Bank app, but I thought I'd elaborate on both. You can change the standard amount of bills through both of these mods. You could pretend that a new mayor put in a hefty tax penalty for the upper tax brackets in the game and increase your bills to 25 or even 50%.
    ZRVBb9i2_o.png
    Origin ID: LadyZOOKOR
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    With the upgrades in Eco Lifestyle coming up, people may be spending a lot of money redecorating their houses to be eco friendly. They'll then have to upgrade all their new items.

If you're Good, you can donate a LOT of money to charity. It has the plus of improving your reputation.

You can also go on vacations designed to Collect items. My millionaire Sims have just completed Strangerville (there's very little time to focus on spare money-making activities) so now it's time to use up Vacation Days and deal with the insect collection in Granite Falls.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    In past sims games I figured out ways to give the money away. Befriend poor sims and give them expensive gifts. Give expensive gifts to your children before they move out or go to university. Your uni sims can upgrade their house in Britechester. Other students can move in before the first graduates and continue improving the house. It'll make a great student house for generations. A third way for a family to share the wealth is to have relatives or homeless npc sims move in, enjoy the benefit of nice things, get jobs, improve skills, eventually move out.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    I have the same problem i'm doing a rags to riches and for fun i bought a lottery ticket not expecting my sim to win cause my sims never win the lottery. Now she's rich and i've no idea what to do with it lol I'm working on a new house for her but it's barely taken anything away might need to move to a bigger lot and build a mansion. She's also running a bakery where i've transferred some funds too to help build it up but she's still going to have alot left over.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My main family has a lot of money now. I mostly just let the money accumulate. They helped their children buy a house, and they give a lot to charity. They're very down-to-earth, so it doesn't really affect them other than the fact that they don't really have to worry about money.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Wow that's awesome! I didn't know Sims could make that much money. When my Sims have a lot of money & the kids move out....I have them buy their kids a nice expensive house for them to live in.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Having copious amounts of money just isn't fun for me. But I don't want to cheat it away either - I worked hard for that money!

So what I do is:
    I place a bank from the Gallery and make my main Sim from every generation go there to put excess money in a vault. (And make sure to transfer ownership before the current owner passes)
    I think of it as them putting it aside for the apocalypse or something.
    ... From the games perspective this is tax evation as this method makes the fortune excluded from bills haha.
    The bank is in Oasis Springs right now, but perhaps I should put it in Sulani instead and pretend it's the Cayman Islands! :joy:

That is such an awesome idea! (Though my sims are never rich unless they win the lottery).

How does it work? Can you have a bank with multiple vaults and have different sims use each of them?
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @elanorbreton Glad you like it!
    Exactly, you can designate one vault for each family, or even several in one family. I set the bank up as a retail lot so that there are banking employees there as well. Just make sure that the retail lot is not owned by one of the families that are storing money there because if I remember correctly the money stored would then be included in their bills (unless you want insane bills).

When you visit the vaults will work just as they would on your home lot.

This way you could orchestrate bank heists as well for your more devious sims, remember that with level 10 handiness your sim can break open the vault! Nice way to make your rich sims lose all their savings 😂
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I keep my sims poor or otherwise I lose interest in them and create a new household. If my sims work, it's only part-time. Even then, they can get enough raises to make as much as a full-time job, but it takes much longer to get to that point.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Another option is to use the money cheat. Drop them back down to $0 and watch them struggle.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Now that they've added the ability to manually set how much money is kept by which 'half' when splitting a household, I just unleash my non-heir sims into their own lives with a hefty starting funds.
    Before that, I was sitting at something like 4M - at that point, I just ignored the number.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I have never had a sim that rich when i feel a sim has too much and by too much i dont bother completing careers they all have their place. I may let them enjoy it but nothing creative I just imagine their taxes draining it, cheating away, or i have them give money away. In one save Cassandra got married and her parents came to give her money the thing from seasons. In another i cheated their savings away to give her a jumpstart on her new house and they "bought" a vet clinic for her after she moved out.

Whichever works though I am the type that if I spent that much time with a family I would have to save then eventually say they passed on and my new sim is their descendant and go on a fake legacy run ha.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    @elanorbreton Glad you like it!
    Exactly, you can designate one vault for each family, or even several in one family. I set the bank up as a retail lot so that there are banking employees there as well. Just make sure that the retail lot is not owned by one of the families that are storing money there because if I remember correctly the money stored would then be included in their bills (unless you want insane bills).

When you visit the vaults will work just as they would on your home lot.

This way you could orchestrate bank heists as well for your more devious sims, remember that with level 10 handiness your sim can break open the vault! Nice way to make your rich sims lose all their savings 😂

OMG I am so gonna do this now! Thank you <3
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have some wealthier sims, but I like playing with different types of households. Some are "house poor", meaning they have a big house but not much cash.

Sending children to university and splitting up money with heirs is one way to manage the money. I like some of my sims to be wealthy so they earn money through investments. That's not based on favoritism but on their already having a lot of money, so they accrue interest or earn dividends or rents.

I think they could do more with business and investments. There is the option to burn money or donate it if you really want to get rid of a bit. Having an expensive house with bills will drain your sims too.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    With Get Famous you can put money in a vault. Would that work? I haven't tried it so not 100% sure if it still counts towards the funds, I think not?

That should work, I learned the hard way that the bills get quite gruesome with a vault containing a fortune.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    @musteni it counts towards household funds and is considered household possessions so it'll count towards the bills too. I had my household put 500k into the vault and my next cycle of billing went up to 49k.

The dangers of using the vault is if your sims move or you plop them onto the gallery, the money doesnt follow.

I use a vault for my teen celebrity so that what he earns is separated out from his family, in general. When I have him move out (I have played him several times) I had him take it with him. When all four kids went to uni, he being one of them, I was able to have him remove the money from the vault and then give it back to him/them for their college years. I also keep track of how much he has so that when he's off on his own, I can cheat back that amount for his own household.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/