The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use premades?

2...Next

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,322 Member
    I rarely play with premades. My sims do form friendships or other relationships with some of the premades though, and they might work into the story plot in important ways, but unless they join one of my households, I don't play them myself. Occasionally I have had a sim date or marry a premade, but not often. The only time I have actually started a game with a premade is my "Vlad goes to college" game with Vlad Straud.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    edited May 2020
    I never play with the pre-mades. I don’t even have my Sims befriend any of them either. I love creating new sims. Interacting with only my Sims makes the game more personal to me.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I only play with Erwin, there rest get deleted and replaced with my own sims haha
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2020
    Exactly never. And I don't know (or care) if the sims met by my sims are premades or randomly generated townies. But I rarely create other sims just to populate the world (though I sometimes use sims from other saves to do so).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I prefer using my own families, and because I play so many houses there are always new YA to start out a new life. That said, I often keep say 1-2 households from a new pack, especially if I like their home and backstory.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    My current save consists of the descendants of Johnny Zest and Maaike Haas. I enjoy matching up the premades and following their offspring for generations.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I usually play only with premades. Occassionally, I try out a Sim I made, but I don't connect with them as well.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    In previous Sim games I never really cared about the premades. But in S4 for some reason, there are a bunch of intresting ones. I'm little obsessed with the Vatores and Morgyn XD.
    I like Erwin and Nalani too :) .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    In Sims 1 and 2 I played premades almost exclusively but not so much with Sims 3 except maybe if they got merged and or married into my households.

With Sims 4 on the other hand...well right now I am playing the Goths in Willow Creek. I have a lot of the premades folded into my rotational in my main and my preferred saved game.

In fact, this rotational game has only 3 Sims (2 households) that I have created out of CAS. All the other households are premades and scooped up homeless townies.

I really like the premades and like to create backstories for them. Not all of them have backstories though. I have also scooped up several homeless townies I like. Some, including one premade household got thrown back into townie pool and some have dieded as well, for...reasons.

But yeah, I really like the premades and how it is convenient to have a ready-to-play households at my fingertips. I do sometimes like to create my own and I have one saved game that I am populating with my own Sims AND Sims that appear in the townie household (I've deleted all premades there). I am keeping to one neighbourhood for now though (Oasis Springs) to keep the amount of households in the rotation small.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    Just something I was curious about. When I was younger I almost exclusively played the premade households. But as I got older, I started finding them less and less appealing. I'm not sure why, but I just stopped getting any enjoyment from playing out stories that were already laid out for me vs ones I came up with myself, to the point that I haven't even loaded a single premade family in the Sims 4. What about you guys: do you prefer playing premades or your own Sims? Have you noticed any shift in preference during your time playing?

I play my own sims usually but also play premades. If I notice something a premade has done to spark my curiosity I'll go to that household and play them. An example my sim was out clubbing and I noticed that Geoffry Landgraab was woohooing with Caleb Vatore in the closet at one of the nightclubs. I was curious about Lilith too and checked their household. He has a full romance bar with both Geoffry and Victor Feng. I am doing a rotational play in hopes Nancy will catch Geoffry cheating but also see how long he can cheat on Nancy before getting caught. I'm also going to have him break up Lily and Victor Feng. Caleb is pregnant by Geoffry. I didn't have to create a homewrecker for this game the game did it for me. I love when I don't have to create a homewrecker to stir up some drama in my game. As much as fun as it is to create an Aphrodite sim for that sole purpose, its fun to see how all the autonomy workout and how it affects sims in a game.

There are some premade sims I'll help out from time to time depending on how it'll affect the game.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    I play a lot with premades, but mostly after I have given them some makeovers.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Other than torturing and killing Bob Newbie every way possible ad then some, I never really played with them until now. I have always had them as my Sims friends for goals and whatnot, but for actual fame play, I made my own. In TS4 however, my sim chose Candy to be his one and only.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t often play with pre-mades . The only ones I have really played have been the goths and Cameron from the uni pack. All others either die or are background characters. In my build challenge save I play the pancakes and I must admit I love bob. I once played the bff household when I first got sims 4 and I quite liked them. I do play the generations of some of the pre-mades where as background characters their offspring make it into more prominent characters such as the landgraabs, Luna villareal and else and her sister.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2020
    All the time. I prefer to marry my sims to the premades or make a partner for them on my own. I hate the randomly generated sims the game makes. Only downside is if I want to have more sims for future generations to marry I have to go in and make them have children myself. I don't use mods when I play ts4 cause I don't play it enough to download any.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I mostly ignore the premades. I enjoy interacting with Caleb Vatore, but I don’t control him. I did end up playing several randomly generated townies though. They’re usually more interesting to me than the premades. I’ve evicted almost all the premades except for the Goths, the Vatores, and Vlad.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Until DU came out, I have never played or married a premade only because it feels like they already have their story fleshed out and I feel like I'd be ruining that. That's what I thought when I played Sims 2 & 3.

And in 4, I just don't care for them sometimes lol. When I play a new save I wipe out the premades. Honestly I'm tired of seeing the same old premades :D.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I've rarely had a sim married a premade but their contribution when it happens is usually just a child from a fling. The latest generation of my ongoing family have one of the Pleasants as a distance ancestor, which shows in their red hair.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    I feel like my playstyle did the opposite

as kid i didnt play premades that much cause i was too busy with own sims but i have started playing some of them now since im bored of making same 4 sims over and over

i do still tend to only play sims i like though
    some of the premades i would rather add on deaths ipad :blush:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free