Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle - Gameplay trailer

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    They did not show a lot of gameplay though...I don't know why they keep avoiding showing other worlds with pollution :o Or the actual effects of pollution. I also just realised that the recycling containers in the world seem to be off lot so are they just decor? Is there no actual recycling bins? The new woohoo stop was cool though.

Also, please no more sims speaking English, it's beyond off putting.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Still not the EP I would expect for, or want it, but this gameplay trailer showed a lot of nice stuff. I get some Ambitions vibes with reciclying activities and the idea of a "live community lot" sounds coooool.

Sometimes I feel Sims 4 needs more progression mechanics that gives quirks and perks that affect general gameplay. D:
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2020
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Well, the bug house is going to be a hard pass for me. The world looks very pretty once cleaned up, but I still have no idea how many lots there are. Looks small, though, especially if that's the only neighborhood.

The blog mentions three neighbourhoods in the world.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Dumpster woohoo? First of all, tumblr_mb2r9zJKcd1qbysb8o9_250.gif

Second, I expect their hygiene levels to take a MASSIVE hit.

My favorite post; you have made my day lol.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Well, the bug house is going to be a hard pass for me. The world looks very pretty once cleaned up, but I still have no idea how many lots there are. Looks small, though, especially if that's the only neighborhood.

The blog mentions three neighbourhoods in the world.

Seems like another confirmation in regards to the tweets with leaked info.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Which activity will your Sims try first?

Well, clearly dumpster woohoo.

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    What a trashy woohoo place! :s

But I liked the trailer. I am looking forward to the release of the expansion pack (but more of the lifestream). Though I am beginning to wonder wether the community space lots can be changed in every form or not...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I wonder if that machine she gets pulled into towards the end can kill sims if it happens twice in a row, like with the cow plant. And what about that metal grinder??
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    What a trashy woohoo place! :s

But I liked the trailer. I am looking forward to the release of the expansion pack (but more of the lifestream). Though I am beginning to wonder wether the community space lots can be changed in every form or not...

I was a bit disapointed today cause i was expecting more outcomes for the community space to be revealed...
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I liked the trailer and all but it didn't really show much that wasn't in the reveal trailer and that's a little concerning. I'll wait until the live stream to decide though. I do like what I see and I'm totally buying the pack but it might not be at full price.
    "Bees aren’t the queen bees in The Sims 4 anymore (though they do produce wax!)."

So.....bees in seasons can now produce wax?? Cool that they are adding extra functionality to past packs!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    Bugs... no. Just no. I now have to think long and hard on that.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...please please please stop with the English narration, it so tacky and cringy..

Yeah, nothing...hard pass, not at all interested.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Frame-by-frame through the building stage. There's so much stuff... and it's really lovely too. Very homey.

In fact I think I see a sliding door in there! Now THAT is new. Looks like we'll be getting some new flowers too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Some comments removed - let's keep this on topic.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Gross. Please don't use terms like "fire" and "weird flex, but okay." Yeah, they're popular with kids these days (fire less so - that's kind of old now), but doesn't make you feel like you know the lingo. It makes you seem like adults trying too hard to fit in. Like this.

Nothing really new here, aside from Dumpster Woo-Hoo. Which I don't care about because we have tons of Woo-Hoo spots already; it only adds shock value. I want to see how pollution affects other worlds, since that's the only reason why I might want this pack. I can already craft stuff, make food and have a community garden in my game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Will there be a vegetarian-friendly use for the 'insect farm' as well? Y'all better not make those insect foods 'vegetarian'!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Anything new for children and toddlers? They can already play in trash. I smell no new family gameplay...

There will be new family gameplay in the knitting pack, though.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I can't wait to make fizzy drinks. I wonder if the neighborhoods will allow apartments as well as homes. It will be interesting to see if off the grid has an upgrade fix for the brackish water. There was also a pair of shorts or short overalls that I hope are part of the pack.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited May 2020
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The eating insects part? Nasty. Despite being a completionist, I'll give this pack a hard pass. Didn't EA say we were gonna get unique packs? I'm more excited for Paralives.

Well, getting functional alternative power is quite unique for the Sims series, I believe.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    "Bees aren’t the queen bees in The Sims 4 anymore (though they do produce wax!)."

So.....bees in seasons can now produce wax?? Cool that they are adding extra functionality to past packs!

I believe some other thread linked a tweet saying that this pack will have a good amount of pack cross-play, which I'm happy to see.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It seems that fizzy drinks will be made out of the fruits/vegs that we harvest. It's always good to have more use for the harvestables.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wonder if that machine she gets pulled into towards the end can kill sims if it happens twice in a row, like with the cow plant. And what about that metal grinder??

or, depending on what was in it... make a mutant, different body type... etc. Meat grinder!!! I like the way you think. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Apart from dumpster woohoo there appears to be nothing new revealed gameplay wise in this trailer. The dumpster woohoo is the only thing that has excited me about the pack so far and some of the bb items look nice. Also the insects if they are used in recipes that is just gross. I know insects are delicacies in some parts of the world. It’s still a pack I will only consider buying on sale unless there is something new to be shown in the livestream which I am doubtful there is.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Oh gawwwdd noooo the real voices again nooooo