Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Are you buying?

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Yes
    I don't like it, but I buy everything.

O-P-U-L-A-N-C-E. Opulence. You own everything!

84a919780122b086900b2aa67ed84e4b.gif
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    No
    I own all the DLCs that you can still get in the market including TS3 pre-order Bonus, Sweet Treat and all the store content, and I usually buy them full price, yet I will not buy this one since I don’t find it comfortable to spend $40 so that I can use fossil-fuel generated electricity to power my computer where my pixelated people can reduce carbon footprint in a virtual world (shrug). No, I’ll wait until I got a free code or something.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    Maybe
    I'm a maybe leaning toward yes. I like the idea, but I want to see how they incorporate the gameplay a bit more before I'm sold. From the official sourced thread though, it seems as though there will be a good amount to make me want it, but I think I'd like to wait for the livestream before I make a definite decision.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes
    I pre-ordered it about 5 minutes after the trailer was dropped ;)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    I found it on sale tonight for £21.99, so there was no stopping me pre-ordering :D

Ditto. I was going to wait to bundle it, but was really excited and found a sale on preorder so went with it haha!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Maybe
    Leaning towards no right now. The concept is just too mundane for me and there's not much that I like except for the grungy world and dumpster diving. If the candles actually burn down, that's kind of neat, but not EP price neat. If it were a game pack it might have made more sense to me. I've been out of work since the lockdown so I need to save money anyway.

I'm still going to check out more information on the pack because I have a feeling there's more to it than it seems, but I'm also skeptical about how the real gameplay is going to turn out because Sims play a whole lot different in a real game than in a trailer. I'll be looking out for things like repetitive reactions to trash, how much the environment controls the gameplay, what's actually new to the game and how flexible the pack is.

If I do decide to get it, it will probably be way down the line when it's at least half off. But it might likely be one of those packs that I just don't care to own, like Parenthood.
    #Team Occult
  • kittengamer2009kittengamer2009 Posts: 6 New Member
    Maybe
    I want to buy it but I have no other packs yet so I will probably buy other ones first what packs would you guys recommend.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Yes
    Already pre-ordered, although I'm not interested in the theme. I just like having more official stuff to use in CAS.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Maybe
    I never pay full price for expansions as they're always overpriced, and that applies to every expansion not just this one. I always just wait for like a month until they're available elsewhere for cheaper, with this pack I'll wait and see what else they're bringing. Obviously the gameplay is meh but they could to a Get Together and save an otherwise lame and unnecessary pack with a great world. From the trailer I'm most excited for the Northern Lights they showed tbh and the world, the gameplay I can take or leave
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Maybe
    Instant Gaming has it on pre-order for 28€.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I never pay full price for expansions as they're always overpriced, and that applies to every expansion not just this one. I always just wait for like a month until they're available elsewhere for cheaper, with this pack I'll wait and see what else they're bringing. Obviously the gameplay is meh but they could to a Get Together and save an otherwise lame and unnecessary pack with a great world. From the trailer I'm most excited for the Northern Lights they showed tbh and the world, the gameplay I can take or leave

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Instant Gaming has it on pre-order for 28€.
    Onverser wrote: »

Thanks for this tip! This looks like what I'm going to do now. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes
    I won't buy it full price but I've seen enough things I like to buy it when it goes on sale.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Maybe
    I put 'Maybe' because I don't know enough about it yet.
    giphy.gif
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    Yes
    I was very much on the fence when the theme was announced but after seeing the trailer I think this pack is really going to fit in nicely with my play style, my favorite sims to play are ones that are into either the outdoors or science and I have a family who would be perfect to explore this pack! Looking forward to seeing more details though before I decide whether I buy it full price or on sale.
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Maybe
    If it has more to offer than the trailer, then yes.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe
    On sale for like 50% off... since it should've been a game pack to begin with, NOT an expansion pack!

But yeah, I'll likely eventually buy it... but definitely not for the full price! I also need to find out more information before I make my final decision... so far, I'm not impressed.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I doubt I’ll clean up the garbage, or mess around with the “features” as they intend them to be played, but I’ll certainly use the BB stuff, dump all my least favorite townies into Trash Town, and hold out a sliver of hope one the available community actions is city ordinance banning some of the more irritating things in the game... pantyhose luchador turban eyeball ring club... I’m looking at you and all your to-go coffee cups laying everywhere! And the poop! Clean up all the funhouse pet poop! And the stray pets! Mandatory adoptions for anyone caught wearing socks, and pantyhose at the same time!
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    No
    Buying this pack would be counter-intuitive to my love for noxious clouds.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes
    I definitely will, but probably not in a full price. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes
    Looking at the current poll results is a little funny - seems the very vocal nay-sayers are vastly outnumbered when everything comes down to it. Puts a little smile on my face and hope in my heart.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    Yes
    I'm a "Yes, but..."

I'd like to have it, but not for $40. I'll pick it up if/when it goes on sale at some point.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Looking at the current poll results is a little funny - seems the very vocal nay-sayers are vastly outnumbered when everything comes down to it. Puts a little smile on my face and hope in my heart.

It seems to be the case often. People who don't like the pack are welcome to not like the pack and say why, but there are a handful that are extra vocal about it and sometimes that makes it seem like they're more representative than they really are.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    yeah I'll buy it, there is enough there for me to want it, but I might wait for a sale.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Maybe
    Seeing it in action, knowing all the major and many of the minor features is one thing. When I know how well it works with other packs, I'll be ready to make a decision. Specifically, crossplay with seasons is something I want to know more about. Will weather affect how useful wind/solar power is? Will the bill-reducing effect of solar panels and wind turbines be affected by weather? It would be strange if the result was the same in a sunny world (such as Sulani) as in a rainy one (such as Brindleton). Similar with the rain barrels.

Possible updates to OTG trait are also a major factor.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Maybe
    I am waiting, although I really want it (been waiting years for a world like this). I am curious if there will be sims going around with everyone having bags ON their heads? (why couldn't it just show a bubble above their head instead?). I also want to know if the celebrities are going to invade the hood? I would think they would not even want to enter a dirty place like this, lol. Gonna watch the livestream and see what the complaints are after it is released, to see if I wanna buy it or not. (this is the first time doing it this way, but I refuse to buy anything else if its full of bugs, or if the gameplay is not worth it)