Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It looks okay
    As usual, I'll wait to see the final product in action. But the bits revealed since the trailer look like this might be a pack with tons of small but nice stuff. Not sure if worth the full price but if the coming GP is decent as well, it might be a bundle material.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Not buying it
    It will be fun to add community spaces to other worlds. Finally, “make your own festival” in a way. I hope the pollution system is like a season and I can pollute the plopsy out of Brindleton Bay!
    That gives me the best idea for a challenge: play an evil sim and try to damage your neighborhood's ecosystem as much as humanly possible.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    I want my Country Livin'!
  • rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    I'll reserve judgement for now (until the stream), even though I've said in other threads I most likely won't get it.

However I'm still leaning to the "This should've been a gamepack" answer. Mostly because I don't feel like most "expansion packs" we already have gotten are really worth the "expansion pack" title.

There has not been a moment where I was like "Wow! I really spent my money well!" when it comes to this game. I do like some packs, but they're just overpriced imo.

Even when I bought DU at half price I was like "meh".

😐
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not buying it
    DU is not worth even half price.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It should be a game pack
    The theme doesn't excite me, but I see it being great for others.
    However, I think I can find use for this pack.
    I have two sims that could use it.

One has an Eco-lifestyle.
    The other is poor and the new neighborhood would be a better choice than
    the desert that they are living in now. I will probably be using it mostly for rags to riches sims and have the town remain in its worst state.

I will not buy it right away, like I did not buy Tiny Living.
    I'll just wait for a pack that does excite me and buy the others up as sales come along.
    I will be laying new packs in batches, as I tend to get bored with them faster than past Sims packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • babybunnymeisbabybunnymeis Posts: 78 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Didn’t they say they were excited to announce "something they‘ve never done before"? Ha-ha. It just keeps getting worse. Still waiting for so many basic features it’s laughable. And we don’t even have proper pets except for cats and dogs. I was really hoping the farming pack rumors would be true. And God, I really want horses back. Give our sims fun active hobbies and careers. Sims 4 is such a disappointment at this point. Where is the love, EA?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2020
    Right now I feel like: not even on sale!
    But maybe the livestream or gameplay trailer will have some details that convince me otherwise. I have zero interest in eco gameplay and don't understand how it could win the Community Stuff Pack Vote in first place. The only things I like are ladders (coming in an update!), juice making, dumpster diving, two female hairstyles, one female top and some piercings. Nothing worth wasting any space on my computer thus far. This will just slow down the game even more...

However, I am really hoping the upcoming GP will interest me at least.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • JeemJeem Posts: 5 New Member
    Not buying it
    when I first saw it I'm like "why do I care"
    actually want something like a vacation pack(the place sims can spend some money) I would buy it immediately
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm definitely not buying it.

This will probably be the first time since they announced one of their EPs that I don't buy it right off the bat. So far pretty much EVERY EP they have introduced has turned out to be disappointing and sub-par compared to the previous titles (Sims, Sim 2, Sims 3), with the exception of Seasons, and it seems with this one its only gotten worse. The same old lack of depth in game-play and content and whatnot; yada-yada.

Cleaning up pollution and being eco friendly? Give me a break. All of this garbage should just be shoved in a Game Pack at most. We don't even have things in the game that causes pollution? Last time I checked there are no cars or factories. There is no street-crime. Its a joke. A lot of the features in this pack could have been tacked onto previous released EPs that lack content and depth, but instead they cobble this up together and slap on a nice EP price tag. No thanks, EA; you will not be taking my money this time.

There is SO MUCH content that I want them to add, so much feedback I have been providing off surveys for what I would like to see, and a lot of if is stuff that has already been done before in the previous titles! Its not like they have to come up with anything new, they can re-hash a lot of it in this game and people would be happy with it (I know that I am not in the minority of this!) This game is just lacking so much I could just cry, but instead I just play Sims 3 and 2 because those are the good titles in the franchise. I'd still play Sims 1 too if I had the hardware for it.

I'll look at gameplay footage after it comes out and MAYBE I'll buy it if it goes on sale later, but at this point I'm really at the breaking point where I'm done buying any expansions for this game anymore. This development team is just awful.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I bought it and planning on getting a copy for a friend who is planning to get married this year too. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I think with the eco-friendly electricity generators you'll be able to use electrical items in your off-the-grid builds, but they'll be dependant on weather, especially if you have Seasons (sun and wind and rain), maintaining the challenge and making it more interesting.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    Didn’t they say they were excited to announce "something they‘ve never done before"? Ha-ha. It just keeps getting worse. Still waiting for so many basic features it’s laughable. And we don’t even have proper pets except for cats and dogs. I was really hoping the farming pack rumors would be true. And God, I really want horses back. Give our sims fun active hobbies and careers. Sims 4 is such a disappointment at this point. Where is the love, EA?

The "something they've never done before" was reserved for the Game pack that is suppose to come out this year that we know nothing about.

I do agree however, waiting for basic features and having the community practically begging for things such as babies to not be objects is cynical.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    NoirStasis wrote: »

The "something they've never done before" was reserved for the Game pack that is suppose to come out this year that we know nothing about.

I do agree however, waiting for basic features and having the community practically begging for things such as babies to not be objects is cynical.
    It was in a blog post:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

"In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with. Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year."

"I want all of you to know that our team is still very much focused on building out new experiences for the game and ensuring we continue to grow and expand The Sims as we listen to all of you, our players. Thanks for playing, and be safe!"

So no it wasn't just the game pack, but new experiences for the game overall.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    It looks okay
    I know I have posted somewhere on this thread. Today, I looked at the sticky post by luthienrising. She has some links in that thread, one of which gave me more information on this EP. Also, by reading some of the responses, I've decided this isn't for me. I don't want smog in my game, period. Nor, do I want to have my Sims take the steps to rid the neighborhood of said smog. That's directing my gameplay! EA, this is a sandbox game. I don't like this at all.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    I might get it in a sale
    I know I have posted somewhere on this thread. Today, I looked at the sticky post by luthienrising. She has some links in that thread, one of which gave me more information on this EP. Also, by reading some of the responses, I've decided this isn't for me. I don't want smog in my game, period. Nor, do I want to have my Sims take the steps to rid the neighborhood of said smog. That's directing my gameplay! EA, this is a sandbox game. I don't like this at all.

There's a toggle to turn eco-footprint effects off.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    It looks okay
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Really? Where did you learn this? That wasn't mentioned in the breakdown I read. But, thanks. Still uncertain if what's in this EP will be worth the $40 smakaroos, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,869 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can’t wait!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Really? Where did you learn this? That wasn't mentioned in the breakdown I read. But, thanks. Still uncertain if what's in this EP will be worth the $40 smakaroos, though.

It is mentioned there, in third post where is information about the world.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think I will get it but I don't have a specific timeline yet. I might wait for a sale or something. Maybe I'll bundle it. I don't know.

I do want to see more information about it before I make up my mind. I like the idea of fixing up the post-industrial city but I'll have to see the details and game mechanics. I'd only want pollution in EH. I'm one of those people who actually like the beautiful worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I've pre-ordered, pretty excited! :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    Not buying it
    Not buying it. It seemed weird to have smog, but no smokestacks that cause them. Probably could have been combined with tiny living. Seeing how tiny living and being green tie together. Maybe that's why shipping containers are now available as housing options.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I might get it in a sale
    After hearing more info from Gurus after the trailer, I may not even wait for a sale.

kgirl.png
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    It should be a game pack
    Well it’s certainly... unexpected. I had to reread several times to realize it’s an expansion pack, it sounds like a game pack! The gurus were quite correct saying they have some unexpected stuff.

Like I totally wasn’t expecting a game pack to be priced as an expansion pack!!!

That’s sarcasm mostly. However I really wasn’t expecting something along these lines. I’ll probably buy when it’s on sale (or if my favorite cc makers use it eeeeeee) but from what I’ve seen, sounds more like a game pack.

I kinda hope I’m wrong and it’ll be an amazing expansion pack that adds a lot more and is truly an expansion pack!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    Most likely I will get the new game.
    So far there's a toggle to turn off pollution, cool new skills, nice build modes, LADDERS, cool new hairstyle & clothing.
    I'm still waiting for the actual facts that we are FINALLY getting 15 lots in the new world.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I want my sim to be green and for there to be consequences in my game. Even though these consequences may be the environment I look forward to testing this with a Daywalker I've had an idea to play for a while. Sorry, I'm an occult player and this could be interesting to see the effects on a vampire.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]