Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't know how my two sims got fat. (help)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    [quote="WorkFromHome;c-17338550"][quote="DeKay;c-17337902"]There's a list of the calories but from my experience, it really does not do much of a difference since you are only making them eat when they're hungry. It shouldn't make their fat level at the maximum level.

Did they by any chance it the Weight of The World ice cream? That could make them really fat fast.

Did they become fat slowly or was it all of a sudden? [/quote]

No, tbh i didn;t even though the sims 4 did ice cream lmao. they became really fat fast.[/quote]

I think you need one of the stuff packs for the ice cream. Cool Kitchen Stuff if I remember right.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    The main reason for my sims gaining weight was that the game used them for other things when I was not playing them, like sims who showed up at the market stands in San Myshuno, those sims will gain weight super fast because the game just tells them to go eat there all the time.

I never had any problems with this after I installed the Fitness Controls mod by Roburky. The mod does a lot of things but I mostly use it because it has an option where unplayed sims does not gain fitness or weight. I got tired of having my unplayed sims getting incredibly muscular and thin because they showed up on the gym when I was playing with other sims.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I like to make Eliza Pancakes and Nina Caliente join the Powerhouse club. They tend to get fat in my saves, and telling them to head to the gym once in a while helps. Of course, then I don't want to deal with loading screens, so I rarely send my Sims to the gym, but it seems to help.

My Sims go for a jog almost every day. It's easy, it doesn't take too long, and I want the fitness aspiration reward so my Sims will live longer! I also cook almost nothing but fish and salad, and always have a couple group servings in the fridge so that when Sims autonomously feed themselves, they don't make butternut gnocchi or french toast or a cake.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Have your Sims gone to college? Sent my moderately skinny Sim to college and she was at the maximum fat by the end of her first term.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2019
    Before the save was corrupted, my Sandra Matthews save had a more curvy Sandra because she didn't get the chance to fit in some exercise and started piling on the pounds. When i put a tiny gym in the house, using the treadmill for a number of hours over a few turns will remove the excess weight and some weight lifting will pack on the muscle again, she was back to where she was when exercising with her eldest children who were teenagers themselves.

When i had noticed it, it takes a few in game days of inactivity before the pounds start piling on again, so finding some time for a short jog on the treadmill to keep fit every 2 days or so could stave it off.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I have also gone into manage worlds just to install a treadmill in an unplayed Sim's house.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Have your Sims gone to college? Sent my moderately skinny Sim to college and she was at the maximum fat by the end of her first term.

That happened to me too, although I thought maybe it was cuz she had a baby. Maybe a combination of the two?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If they’re in university it’s normal, with all that lobster roommates bring all my sims out on weight. Otherwise make them go running it’s good to lose the weight (if only it was as easy for me as in the sims !).

I think that's when my sim got fat fast.

Uni makes sims fat.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Maybe I missed it, but no one mentioned drinks? Drinks have a ton of calories, or at least they put you over the top. Took me a while to figure it out, but I was playing a lot in nightclubs, and half the town was getting fatter. One Ridgeport has the same calories as a bowl of Mac and Cheese, so if they drink multiple drinks and eat, it adds up fast.
  • Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    This happened to my sims when I first played university. Sims started out stick thin (genetically not on purpose) and graduated obese. I appreciated my roommates bringing food home everyday as it saved me a trip to the commons, but the gourmet food caused extreme weight gain. I think having your sims jog everyday might help to maintain a steady weight.
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I just let my sims eat whatever they want, within reason and go on a jog every once in a while. I actually like when they gain weight, especially as they get older. When I had an eating disorder i always made extremely underweight sims and now that I'm recovered I let them enjoy their life and have some chocolate ice cream if they want. It's therapeutic for me.

But yeah, to answer your question, the sims tend to gain a lot of weight in University no matter what you do really, I think it's supposed to mimic the "freshman 15" stereotype. Eating a lot of quick meals in Uni will cause weight gain. (You'll get an uncomfortable moodlet telling you you need to eat some real food.) I recommend jogging and eating fish dishes because I think some of those are literally 0 calories for whatever reason. Garden Salad and Fruit Salad are always great easy options, too :)
  • Options
    ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    > @Dianesims said:
    > If they’re in university it’s normal, with all that lobster roommates bring all my sims out on weight. Otherwise make them go running it’s good to lose the weight (if only it was as easy for me as in the sims !).

Oh my god, I never realized that was the reason to why all the roommates got fat. That's kind of hilarious. But at the same time, who the heck brings lobster to university and enough to share with ALL their roommates. Dang rich kids -shakes fist in air while grabbing a plate of lobster- xD
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Zevanox wrote: »
    > @Dianesims said:
    > If they’re in university it’s normal, with all that lobster roommates bring all my sims out on weight. Otherwise make them go running it’s good to lose the weight (if only it was as easy for me as in the sims !).

Oh my god, I never realized that was the reason to why all the roommates got fat. That's kind of hilarious. But at the same time, who the heck brings lobster to university and enough to share with ALL their roommates. Dang rich kids -shakes fist in air while grabbing a plate of lobster- xD

Seriously, yep. It would be more like pizza, ramen noodles and microwave dinners. XD
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @WorkFromHome Two simple ways to slim a sim. One, buy the icecream maker and make Taste of Diet. Two, purchase insta-lean potion from the rewards screen.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sims were getting fat too. I found if i get their fitness level to 5 they start to slim back down. Treadmill.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    My sims were getting fat too. I found if i get their fitness level to 5 they start to slim back down. Treadmill.

That's good to know. My sims tend to go fat very quickly, but they're usually couch potatoes who love to cook. If they stick to quick meals they are fine, but if they cook and keep the leftovers they get fat in a week.