Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Hopefully there will be an annoucement this week.
    I think gaming companies benefit form the (nearly) worldwide (partial) lockdown.
    If you cannot buy it immediately it would still give us something to talk about and a new trailer to watch.
    Maybe EAxis could release a game the old-fashioned way without a livestream.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    "Erja888 wrote: »
    Maybe EAxis could release a game the old-fashioned way without a livestream.

I mean with the lockdowns and all, they’ll have to do this way... unless single sim guru streams it from their house.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...Still nothing. How surprising. :joy:
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited March 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah I really don't expect something for a LONG time...reason? Combination of both the corona outbreak and the team's own way that they always keep us in the dark...deadly combination (no pun intended)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I m not expecting a teaser. I think it will be just a trailer so maybe Tomorrow.
  • Options

I m not expecting a teaser. I think it will be just a trailer so maybe Tomorrow.

yeah don't hold your breath.
  • Options

I wish they would just learn to TALK to us. And stop with the "but we can't because of quarters and stuff"-BS. They were able to announce 3 packs months in advance last June. Why keep us in the dark now? Especially now in these times where people might actually have a little more empathy for what they're saying? I hope there will be a trailer tomorrow sure, but I'm soooooooo tired of their inconsistent communication style that serves no purpose and is clearly not very appreciated by the majority of their community.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Agree, just tell us something. Anything. Just let us know where we stand.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member

I wish they would just learn to TALK to us. And stop with the "but we can't because of quarters and stuff"-BS. They were able to announce 3 packs months in advance last June. Why keep us in the dark now? Especially now in these times where people might actually have a little more empathy for what they're saying? I hope there will be a trailer tomorrow sure, but I'm soooooooo tired of their inconsistent communication style that serves no purpose and is clearly not very appreciated by the majority of their community.

Exactly. And with the outbreak threatening to possibly keep millions of people locked down at home for several months, it would probably be a smart business decision to announce a couple of this year's upcoming packs to give people something to look forward to. Do it in a humorous way that lightens the dark mood and has the potential to bolster hope (at least for a little while) in the fans. Give people something they can think about to get their minds off of the months of social distancing, working and going to school online, dealing with screeching kids and fretful parents, having to Skype your friends because you can't go out to see them, being unsure if you can keep your business open or keep your job or keep your rent and bills paid because your place of work is shut down and not taking in revenue right now. These are uncertain times, it's good business to do something to cheer people up...even if it is just a crass marketing ploy deep down.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options

I agree, I kinda would think everyone being at home...would be the perfect time to tell us something...like..-shrugs-
  • Options
    evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    > @NoirStasis said:
    > As long as EA is treating their employees right and not pulling a Gamestop, I will respect their silence. The situation has changed and in my opinion, if they can't release anything this year, id be fine with it.

I'd hope they'd at least announce that there won't be any announcements until after X time. I don't want to be checking every day when they know they aren't going to get back to us for 3 months. I can appreciate wanting to adjust to the growing situation, just be considerate and let everyone know something more specific than to just "be patient".
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, some updates sure would be nice.

Zt8dmF1.png

HAHAHA!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2020

I wasn't expecting a teaser ether because the sell ends today they wont say anything while a sell is still going
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    evelewis wrote: »
    > @NoirStasis said:
    > As long as EA is treating their employees right and not pulling a Gamestop, I will respect their silence. The situation has changed and in my opinion, if they can't release anything this year, id be fine with it.

I'd hope they'd at least announce that there won't be any announcements until after X time. I don't want to be checking every day when they know they aren't going to get back to us for 3 months. I can appreciate wanting to adjust to the growing situation, just be considerate and let everyone know something more specific than to just "be patient".

Well let's hope it isn't 3 months we have to wait. If that's the case they might as well release the Summer Expansion Pack first.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2020
    To be honest, I don't care at the moment because I have Animal Crossing but yeah, this silent treatment we get is not appreciated.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's not a good time for a lot of rally, rah, rah over a new pack release. I think that once people are a bit less in panic mode and boredom starts to set in, it'll be better received. (You could even call it a service - a reason for people to stay home and play games rather than interacting with people.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Gaming can help with panic just as much as boredom. Panic is just worry that brings about stress and will make people sick with other things outside of the Coronavirus. If you are in a panic, games are a good way to take your mind off things and relax. A good rah rah rah over a new game sounds like therapy to me.
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't care at the moment because I have Animal Crossing but yeah, this silent treatment we get is not appreciated.

Same here I am loving the new AC <3. But agree with you 100% it is most certainly is NOT!
  • Options
    I personally dont think an announcement or trailer will happen Today.
  • Options

There won't be, I personally think for a VERY long time. Thank god I have AC or I'd be more angry lol!
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Gaming can help with panic just as much as boredom. Panic is just worry that brings about stress and will make people sick with other things outside of the Coronavirus. If you are in a panic, games are a good way to take your mind off things and relax. A good rah rah rah over a new game sounds like therapy to me.

I agree with you
  • Options

There won't be, I personally think for a VERY long time. Thank god I have AC or I'd be more angry lol!

There wasn't.
  • Options

There wasn't.

well maybe next week @catloverplayer
  • Options

Yeah I had Ori for a bit, but I already completed that :'(