Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a checkmark option for saving sims in the library !!!

I just noticed that my sim I had in my library already has a new year's resolution. Apparently, the new year's resolution is from an old save and the game has saved it with the sim in the library ( as well as aspirations and skills) and now it´s locked. I can no longer choose a new new year's resolution in my new save, ´cause this sim already has one and the old one is stuck. I've already checked if you can delete it with "testingcheats", but there is no option. And starting all over again is also not an option, I'm already too far in this save. So it does look like this sim will never be able to make a new year´s resolution again and this old one is stuck forever. :|

Why can´t we have a checkmark option before saving a sim in the library? A simple checkmark function where you can choose if you want to save the sim with skills, aspirations, resolutions and so on, or if you just want to save the sim and delete everything else?

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Odd. I've never noticed this but I play lots of families in a game and use Save As every time. Unfortunately my library Sims always stay unskilled at the start of a new game.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I would also like a check mark like that, although I would prefer it in the download options. That way the creator can upload them with everything and you get to decide if you want to use the skills, aspiration etc or start fresh when you place them in the game.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Odd. I've never noticed this but I play lots of families in a game and use Save As every time. Unfortunately my library Sims always stay unskilled at the start of a new game.
    That happened to me to. But then i realized is was because I changed something. hair, clothes, take away a sim, add a sim etc. But if I just start a game without doing anything they do have what they were saved with.