Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    I was on SimGuruNinja’s Twitter and there he said that they are still on track with the knitting pack (and I assume the rest of the packs too then). So I think they just had it planned at a later date.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I don't think the Corona outbreak has any impact on the next pack, since that one is most likely already done before this whole outbreak became a thing.

Since Game Packs (which is most likely the next type of pack in line) are digital only, they can release that one on schedule if you ask me.
    What this means for future packs, still in production, is not clear, we do not know that.

Game packs being digital does not mean that teenagers can spend their pocket money for it. They have to buy an Origin gift card first. But all shops in EU are closing tomorrow. Or they have to ask their parents, who are awaiting the collapse of their employers.

All shops in EU are closing tomorrow?

That is quite a bold statement to make, since where I live (the Netherlands -> EU.) that's not true.

Supermarkets, pharmacies and gas stations stay open of course. All other kinds of shops have to close. If I understood Angela Merkel correctly yesterday, this is an EU wide agreement.

Looks like that's only for Germany only, since here it really isn't the case.

The only facilities closed here are Restaurants, Gyms, Café's and Schools.
    Our Government does not want a lockdown because they want people to get Corona to build 'group immunity'. They only want to slow it down so at least 50/60% of the people gets it but not all at the same time, because that's too much for the healthcare system to handle all at once.

Germany has no lock down either, but looking at my completely irresponsible young fellow citizens on the streets and in the parks everybody expects it by the end of the week.

I didn't know that the Netherlands share the UK approach. I hope you are not on the way to hell. I think a controlled infection is not possible because with one fith of the victims in need of ICU treatment every health system will explode within days. Italy has reported 350 casualties today, like every day.

I know, and I agree, our Government is a bit stubborn when it comes to this whole situation.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I see that some people are talking about the virus!

I did put a thread up about it in forum ideas and feedback which people could post in to prevent other threads getting off topic:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17430342#Comment_17430342

Stay safe!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Mortrydd wrote: »
    I was on SimGuruNinja’s Twitter and there he said that they are still on track with the knitting pack (and I assume the rest of the packs too then). So I think they just had it planned at a later date.

Meh and I'm not interested in the knitting one at all...
    Wish they would throw up a bone.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Mortrydd wrote: »

Meh and I'm not interested in the knitting one at all...
    Wish they would throw up a bone.

Hopefully they will in Early April.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Well in Denmark the news said that people have never played video games as much as they do now.
    Today they took all the galleries down for maintenance. Prehaps their getting them ready for a new pack.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    Today they took all the galleries down for maintenance. Prehaps their getting them ready for a new pack.

Maybe we’ll finally hear something next week. Ninja gave me hope on Twitter when he said that everything is still on track for the knitting Pack. That means everything else should be good too.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2020

Maybe we’ll finally hear something next week. Ninja gave me hope on Twitter when he said that everything is still on track for the knitting Pack. That means everything else should be good too.

Well they are still in the voting process for the knitting pack, with the next vote being about the logo design and title, so it makes sense they are still on track. And the stuff packs do not have that much gameplay overall (i.e. shorter development phase and quicker testing) so out of all the packs format this one would be the less affected. It could be a bit more tricky for GP and EP as they require bigger teams to work on.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am bad with keeping track of release dates. Have we ever had a pack released in April for The Sims 4?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Playing the sims 4 rn is very dry, gorl. Need a new ep asap
    I am bad with keeping track of release dates. Have we ever had a pack released in April for The Sims 4?

I don't think so but I could be wrong.
    I wonder if the trailer people are working from home. If so this may be why we haven't got an announcement yet.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2020

No pack in April, never !

COVID-19 should push it in July or later.

screen12.png
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm not expecting to hear anything for a few weeks now. I'll cross my fingers for April though. I'll still have to work from home if the UK goes into lockdown so I won't have much extra time to play.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

screen12.png

Thanks so much for the insightful image!
    Also, thanks @catloverplayer for answering my question as well :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Playing the sims 4 rn is very dry, gorl. Need a new ep asap

Agree so much :(

screen12.png

Maxis may still release it in April since this virus has set them back for March. Their very unpredictable with TS4 so I wouldnt write off April yet. At latest the GP might release in May.
    edited March 2020
    @catloverplayer

I guess it depends if the patch is ready or not.

GP03 Dine Out was planned in March but the CAS Gender Options patch pushed it in June.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Somehow I have the feeling that when this crisis is over we need a new Sims game. There is no way back to the status quo ante.
    edited March 2020
    FY20 Q4 results should be very good for the video game industry.
    For example Nvidia GeForce Now (game streaming) reached the maximum of paying subscribers.

EA will publish the financial in May, we will see how much the TS4 community has grown this quarter.

It's the best moment to sell games and services but it's also the worst moment to develop them.
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    When did SimGuruNinja change his twitter avi to this? Kinda looks farming related

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1229414785386573824/B4T8vVNQ_400x400.jpg
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    When did SimGuruNinja change his twitter avi to this? Kinda looks farming related

He changed it about a month ago I think.
    favriel wrote: »

He said that wasn't related to Sims 4.
    Since California is under lockdown (Just found out yesterday) it's no telling when we'll get an announcement and trailer. They should atleast announce it in my opinion so we can have something to look forward to.