Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Supernatural Saga

GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
I've spent the last two days or so turning my sims into Telltale characters just because of reasons...

I've decided to start a new dedicated thread here instead of spamming the favourite pic thread so mods feel free to move to appropriate area please! Thanks in advance.

I've been watching a lot of supernatural K-dramas recently and was inspired by the shows W and Extraordinary You (Netflix) so I thought it would be fun to turn my sims from my supernatural save into cartoons!

In order of appearance in my story:

Vincent (Vampire)
n6F1w1e.jpg

Thorne (Possessed Human)
2GZcSHH.jpg

Iko (Alien)
wZVpRvF.jpg

Zeke (Human - hopefully will turn into a werewolf, fingers crossed!)
fXyuO5G.jpg

Jenova (Evil Alien)
yQCZ59x.jpg

Banora (Mermaid)
JKHPadC.jpg

Levana (Evil Spellcaster)
dALrHY3.jpg

Lara (Human - bonus cameo character!)
4nqt4Y5.jpg

I have more characters that I wish to add but we simply don't have the packs yet (werewolves/fairies) so the list is by no means complete yet. I also have a backstory for Levana and Jenova with even more albeit slightly less... exotic characters haha!
Hope you enjoy my cartoon heroes (and villians) :smiley:

THE SUPERNATURAL SAGA - Out Now!

VINCENT
PART I
Chapter One / Chapter Two
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/i-turned-my-sims-into-cartoon-characters/p2
Chapter Three / Chapter Four
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/i-turned-my-sims-into-cartoon-characters-the-supernatural-saga/p3

PART II
Chapter One
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/the-supernatural-saga-cartoon-sims/p3
Chapter Two / Chapter Three / Chapter Four / Chapter Five / Chapter Six
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/the-supernatural-saga-cartoon-sims/p4
Chapter Seven
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/the-supernatural-saga-cartoon-sims/p5
Chapter Eight
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/973004/the-supernatural-saga-cartoon-sims/p6

Post edited by GracieO312 on

Comments

• beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Are they all in the same home?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    No I play rotationally most of the time. Sometimes I combine households to make it a bit easier for staging screens though but then separate again after - I'm not very good at playing mulitple sims at once haha!
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited February 2020
    Awesome! They all look really interesting and well done on making the pictures, I really like how they look. :)
    Also: Yay Lara!!
    Aww thank you that means a lot!

Lara is pretty cool - still not entirely sure how she'll fit in yet but I'm currently building Croft Manor to place into my save.

I've been making more since I initially posted haha! I think I might be a lil obessed with doing it now haha.

Levana's backstory characters:

Yuffie (Human)
    P9g4WF9.jpg

Evrett (Human)
    n9WlfVt.jpg

Sid (Human)
    eVl4PeA.jpg

They're her uni roommates!
    I also played around with an evil fairy character but obviously we don't have fairies...yet

Adira (Fairy)
    hYYVvNH.jpg
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Adria's my fav.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2020
    Omg this is soooooooo coool!!! The vampire is my favorite! Then the mermaid wow and Lara, heck they all look cool!!😄😄😄😄

Oh wait I just saw the fairy...and sid the human.... I can't decide......
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Thank you! I think I would have to pick this girl - I don't usually make my own sims because I am not that great when it comes to CAS but she is probably the prettiest but meanest sim I've ever made. I also tweaked her edit because it looked off to me!

dALrHY3.jpg

I've also been playing around with backgrounds. Some look like they're from an anime!

DSJzGDy.jpg

RpvzPI4.jpg

KnUzi8i.jpg

Also: Sid the human reminds me of/sounds like Adventure Time's Finn the Human haha :smiley:
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Cool, I also built Croft Manor in the Sims 3 and the Sims 4. :smiley:
    Wow, the new characters look awesome as well. Very, very creative!
    edited March 2020
    I have finished some more characters!

I updated the Magic Realm sages:

L.Faba (Spellcaster)
    WO25uF3.jpg

Alexander (Spellcaster)
    D39iJTA.jpg

Neo (Spellcaster)
    PQ1zi4Q.jpg

I made Levana's BFF/minion

Aimery (Spellcaster)
    YNLn3rA.jpg

Had another play with a fairy character...

Cloud (Fairy)
    Z50HUiO.jpg
    So I went ahead and edited some of my favourite gameplay shots from my story. I had to put them in spoilers because there are quite a few... I tried to put them in chronological order as well. Enjoy :)

Vincent
    BFzYFVH.jpg
    39EgFkk.jpg
    yCza7xq.jpg
    9rVhrTP.jpg
    6Bd8eO9.jpg
    vzWxDZU.jpg
    QGh9nTO.jpg
    KBb9HaO.jpg
    ULt70bw.jpg
    HJEwNth.jpg
    cxmGUA9.jpg
    5fVwxqi.jpg

Thorne
    KZqdJBI.jpg
    YXcWbh2.jpg
    6tXn1fy.jpg
    NYqBWWG.jpg
    FnzTdsz.jpg

Iko
    yVWTXND.jpg
    GimwOZx.jpg
    EEt3ElU.jpg
    Ogyihgq.jpg
    uZAkA6l.jpg
    62TtvSY.jpg
    KutFVPk.jpg
    4LmXETe.jpg
    WCMb5u8.jpg
    7KpFhaG.jpg
    9FJF9uF.jpg
    QV2zg5C.jpg
    oSuduON.jpg
    gEmIYJ5.jpg
    0fjMaa6.jpg
    8OXTcoh.jpg
    w6FNHvC.jpg
    DdC4I2H.jpg
    cWycwt1.jpg
    7uvbJAG.jpg
    N0DvaeY.jpg

Zeke
    Hlx4mBA.jpg
    KjQIBL0.jpg
    dYi9p2E.jpg
    wXOh1FR.jpg
    bbmKoa9.jpg
    ky2cbA8.jpg
    Z0PBmVs.jpg
    TVUjTCN.jpg

Banora
    3HzSZDx.jpg
    yNHgPa4.jpg
    EH3GgWb.jpg
    bR2CDcM.jpg
    apbjHWq.jpg
    YEVnks6.jpg
    JSqB6YE.jpg
    NGZ47jB.jpg
    gRwV6IW.jpg
    PXOvGDc.jpg
    f1L3b73.jpg
    0wsKdMP.jpg

Levana (Backstory)
    TzU97PB.jpg
    PBqU6aV.jpg
    41D7tCH.jpg
    GuAGiIY.jpg
    6k918LJ.jpg
    AXtIXmr.jpg
    klwBcSJ.jpg
    XMaUi6j.jpg
    nVGMvog.jpg
    1nlQQ7h.jpg
    xU5yNCk.jpg
    AcR0S9g.jpg
    FqlVE63.jpg
    FDRCsDF.jpg
    9sdP38C.jpg
    5KGHguV.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    These are so cool <3
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    You've done a very good job of transforming the characters and the images into a graphic novel look. I'm very impressed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    This looks fantastic. It's like the sims' facial and emotional expressions look much better with the line art. I think you're on to something here. I immediately went to see if I could produce some similar results on some random screenshots. And even though yours look better (you probably put a lot more work into it than I did), you certainly have inspired me to never upload any more in-game screen images without putting a cartoon filter on them. It's like you add more depth and bring out texture details that aren't all that visible in-game. Everything certainly stands out more.

oO7EKb6.png

yOUYWAz.jpg

sjkOgYp.jpg

c4wQfoO.jpg

Some before and after comparisons

CVzYji6.png

RlhPcgi.png

o0P92jE.jpg

o557XAK.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Great creative graphic story Gracie0312!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    I love these, hope you keep sharing them
    Oh my gosh! This means the world to me!! Thank you all for the support and appreciation for my pictures <3

@Zimz4 I know, right? It's definitely given me more appreciation for the artstyle of Sims 4 (not that I didn't like it before). I am honoured that you have been inspired by my thread!

@blueybluesky I haven't got anymore in game shots (been busy building/finding houses/lots for story purposes) but I do have some more characters that I can make edits for.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Technically you edited the pictures, right? This is not in-game mod? Looks super cool, want to have such illustration posters on my wall :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Yes I edited them using 3rd party software. I don't use any mods other than Pose Player. I kinda wish it was a mod though - would certainly take less time haha! :)
    edited March 2020
    Some new character edits for you all!

Varian (Spellcaster)
    vcjX0lO.jpg

I played around with another werewolf character - technically she's still human...

Nyx (Werewolf)
    lBamEdJ.jpg

Reno (Alien)
    Sph6iBp.jpg

I also played around with it in the Sims 3... sorry the picture isn't that great :smiley::wink: but I think it kinda works??
    4OoUvcR.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Wow I'm absolutely blown away. Zimz4 is right I find myself admiring the subtle textures never noticed before. You've not began your story and I'm already having fun just looking at your pictures.
    I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the sims do indeed have fingernails... ish hahah :smiley: I am particularly enjoying how the hair/beards/stubble looks although this process has made me realise how much we desperately need more stubble options in game! Ohh just imagine how good body hair would look!! Please, EA! PLEASE!! I don't really enjoy CC shopping so I would love some official assets.

New character time!

Sharkbite (Mermaid)
    A584WFG.jpg

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @GracieO312 I found CC that you can add more detailed fingernails and toenails. If you're interested, I could try to find the d/l site again. Ironically I haven't really used them yet since I keep forgetting I have them. :P
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited March 2020
    @Admiral8Q Aww thanks for the heads up - not much of a CC player (just not my thing) but always nice to know there are those kind of options out there.

So I was playing around in my editing software and noticed that there was an easier way to showcase what images look like before applying/after applying the cartoon filter. Thought it was quite interesting seeing how many details there are in the textures especially in environmental/outdoor pictures.

Scenery shot
    NDQQbu2.jpg

Character shots
    B06I6Vc.jpg

6Z3EO2G.jpg

cJk1V71.jpg

• Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Okay, now I want that filter you use in-game so the game looks like that all the time while I'm playing (optional in settings of course as there will always be people who don't like a change like that). One more thing for the developers to do on their endless to-do list that never seems to get any shorter.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    I really like the look of this. It actually makes the game feel more alive? I wonder if this is something that could be done in Reshade? I don't use it but I would if there were a preset for this.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel