Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think 2020 could be TS4's last year?

or do you think it will continue another couple years?
Do you want TS4 to continue onwards?

pgz1jukoam821.png

I am personally waiting for TS5, even with the speculation of it being online, I am still interested in seeing what the game has to offer. But if I feel like it's not worth it, I won't be paying out for multiple expansions, packs etc. It'd be a waste of money. But I still have hope it can be great, especially when the past 3 games were pretty good imo.
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I think it will be its last full year, but I'm thinking we'll see a GP and maybe a SP or EP in 2021. But no more than one of each, at most. I'm I'm thinking we will at least see something past this year.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No, especially not when the gurus keep reminding us that there is no planned end date.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Nope, I'm guessing 2023-2024
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    No, the game was supposed to have a longer lifetime from the beginning and I think they've got plans for a few more years beyond 2020.

If I had to guess I would say 2023 or so, and to be honest I don't feel ready to move on to Sims 5.

As it stands I want more content for my current game :)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    no. EA put up job postings early last year indicating a new game, at this point i'm assuming concept art phase is done and they've begun creating the engine and all the intricate backend, getting started on what the sims will be like. that will probably take another year. another year for finishing up backend, modeling the sims, starting on all the usual base game additions, clothes, hairs, music, etc. another year for finishing it up, playtesting, bugs, and getting ready for release.

we'll probably see it in 2023, and they're gonna need income to help support the employee's salaries until sims 5 can make a profit itself so nope. we're gonna have a couple more years. which im happy about cause im not ready to go back to a boring ole base game, even if there is open world.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I was thinking 2022, after the new consoles have been out for a couple years. I hope it isn't the last year unless they plan on dropping a whole lot of packs bcuz there still seems and feels like there is a lot missing from this game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I was thinking 2022, after the new consoles have been out for a couple years. I hope it isn't the last year unless they plan on dropping a whole lot of packs bcuz there still seems and feels like there is a lot missing from this game.

Fair enough, but I don't think even 10 years worth of packs can ''fix'' this game.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    No. Not that anyone's mentioned this, but the claim that the Sims 3 had a total of three more years left at the time that information came out is false. They said at least 3 more years. 2022 seems more plausible.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    or do you think it will continue another couple years?
    Do you want TS4 to continue onwards?

pgz1jukoam821.png

I am personally waiting for TS5, even with the speculation of it being online, I am still interested in seeing what the game has to offer. But if I feel like it's not worth it, I won't be paying out for multiple expansions, packs etc. It'd be a waste of money. But I still have hope it can be great, especially when the past 3 games were pretty good imo.

No I'm expecting 2 more years of content for TS4.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Nope I think we should expect an announcement for Sims 5 in 2021. But it won't be ready till 2023. I believe you see little overlap this time.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    No. I want Sims 4 to continue onwards for years, I love it. I don't need Sims 5.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    Source: https://wccftech.com/ea-14-games-before-april-2021-ready-to-lead-next-gen/

Today Electronic Arts announced their Q3 2020 financials and during the accompanying earnings call, company execs gave some hint as to what’s coming next for the publisher. It seems fiscal year 2021 (which runs from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021) will particularly busy for EA, with the company planning to publish 14 titles. The lineup will include sports games, four internally developed games from established IP, four EA Originals from indie partners, and two mobile titles.

If the sims is one of those four games. Then yes. Otherwise, no.

And when it comes to if I want the sims4 to continue forwards, I'm not sure. I would rather they work more on improving the game instead of just making content for it and if that's never going to happen, maybe it is better for them to work a new game instead.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope so!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited February 2020
    I want TS4 to continue for atleast 2 more years if not more. Too much is missing.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I want TS4 to continue for atleast 2 more years if not more. Too much is missing.

I agree. I want them to continue and I want them to make the game really good. There is so much potential. I like the game, but there is too much missing, yes.
    edited February 2020

I really hope you'll get what u want but i'm sure 2 years won't be enough considering how slow they are to release content we ask.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I love the sims 4, but I'm very excited to be here swimming when sims 5 comes out.
    @logion Why is that not all over the forums? Or maybe it is and I just didn't notice :D .
    All in all, I'm getting kind of bored of the sims 4 (Maybe it's because I don't have nearly all the packs)
    and am hoping TS5 to be announced soon.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    no. EA put up job postings early last year indicating a new game, at this point i'm assuming concept art phase is done and they've begun creating the engine and all the intricate backend, getting started on what the sims will be like. that will probably take another year. another year for finishing up backend, modeling the sims, starting on all the usual base game additions, clothes, hairs, music, etc. another year for finishing it up, playtesting, bugs, and getting ready for release.

we'll probably see it in 2023, and they're gonna need income to help support the employee's salaries until sims 5 can make a profit itself so nope. we're gonna have a couple more years. which im happy about cause im not ready to go back to a boring ole base game, even if there is open world.

I agree with the sentiment about returning to the base game. I'm not dogmatic in determining what his ideologically pure, but the concept of returning to a base game without pets, weather and vampires is not appealing to me. Clearly this will be the way forward because the DLC partition has been so lucrative. They will make us pay for dogs, snow and bats. Regardless, I don't think I would purchase a hypothetical Sims 5 until the features I want are present.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited March 2020
    They rebranded the game last year with an updated logo and pack box art designs, that was pretty much a confirmation that this game won’t be left alone anytime soon.
    Post edited by filipomel on
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think sims 5 will release in 2022. But I agree with the sentiment of many other posters here that I still want quite a few things added to TS4 and I probably won't be buying sims 5 at launch if there's no significant draw. Say, if we actually got rain in the base game and the base game were more complete in general, I might. But I sincerely doubt that will be the case.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sims 4 is still incomplete, it needs:
    Fairies, Genies, Werewolves, Playable Babies, More Family Members, Better Sleepwear,
    Heartshape Bed, Bunk Beds, Swirl Stairs, Mastersuite, Date Night, Bridgeport,
    Time Machine, Moonlight Falls, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights & Medieval.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    No they already said the sims 4 will be around longer last year. we have a few or more years left of this game.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    No, because they had the rebrand less than a year ago and a rebrand for a game that only has 1-2 years left doesn’t make sense. I think 22-23 is more likely.
    edited March 2020
    Britney Spears! @marcel21
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member

Yes!! I totally agree.