Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when do you think the Next Gamepack Announcent will be made?

Comments

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Is it possible that we will get an announcement today?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    Omg you guys,i Know we're always "reaching" when it comes to hints but did you see sim guru ninja latest post with the toy weapons? And also if you look at the full body of his mysims character it looks like a war survivor kind of thing. I would post pics but I'm so bad at it. And with that strangerville zombie like background pic he chose, do you think it's hinting to an apocalyptic pack?

Plus they said we wouldn't able to guess the next packs. Everyone is guessing farming. No one would expect an apocalypse.

I think it's between that or farming. 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Is it possible that we will get an announcement today?

Unlikely. Announcements are usually done on Tuesdays.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2020
    Omg you guys,i Know we're always "reaching" when it comes to hints but did you see sim guru ninja latest post with the toy weapons? And also if you look at the full body of his mysims character it looks like a war survivor kind of thing. I would post pics but I'm so bad at it. And with that strangerville zombie like background pic he chose, do you think it's hinting to an apocalyptic pack?

Plus they said we wouldn't able to guess the next packs. Everyone is guessing farming. No one would expect an apocalypse.

I think it's between that or farming. 😅

I'd hate that. Probably the first pack I don't get. Why don't they just flesh out the game before throwing stuff at us that is totally unecessary?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    A Generations Pack would be nice to cover missing family options but I ultimily want a Romance Pack,Resorts and A Winter Destination Vacation. The latter two will probably be a while coming out since they were mentioned on the survey.

Yes, I would very much love those too!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    No Trailer or Announcement Today.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I really hope that if we don’t actually have a gamepack until April or something like that, the March update will bring something good, especially a 20 year gift from the franchise (why not, that wasn’t a gift) and that absence of a gamepack.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Mid to late March for the announcement.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    EA loves to 'surprise' us with 'unexpected' and 'exciting' news, but I am over this silly marketing strategy. It's been a long four-plus years of guessing games and Twitter gifs that never really tell us anything, and leaves the door wide open for speculation and rumors. That's a game all in itself, and not a very enjoyable one, to be honest. I guess we'll have to wait until next week then see if the gurus actually announce something is in the works for a March release. It will probably be a large base game update and maybe a new game pack of some kind.

Where is the all the new content they were talking about? There are nine days left in February, TL came out in January, the 20th anniversary of the franchise came and went with very little in the way of celebrating this franchise, the past couple updates/patches were hardly what I would consider updates because of how small they were, and there is yet another news embargo happening. And the gurus are telling us Sims4 has a few more years left in it's run? OMG. My head hurts just thinking about what might be in future updates, let alone trying to guess what the next pack might be. February would have been the perfect time to update romance, whims and traits since we have been begging for that to happen for a year or more. The knitting/hobby pack won't be out for months because we aren't finished with the voting process yet, June is usually an EP month, April is usually not a month in which new packs are released, so the hype train has gone missing and I can't find it. Silly me, I got a bit excited when the gurus announced a lot of new and exciting content was coming our way in 2020. I should have known better, but I couldn't help but be a little hopeful for new dlc. I was also hoping EA would find a better way to communicate with us, and keep us interested while we wait. But if the latest Twitter postings are a hint at some kind of apocalypse pack, I would like to hear someone at EA confirm this before I get my hopes up. I added three free gameplay mods to my game a few days ago and have played almost nonstop since then, for a total of over sixty hours of playing time. If I had known these mods would add so much enjoyment to my game, I would have installed them months ago. It will take a very special update or pack to make me wait for these mods to be updated because my game is finally interesting enough to hold my attention for hours. So, EA, whatever you're planning to release this year I hope it comes close to what the modding community has done for Sims4. Those modders have set the bar very high with gameplay content, new animations, and quality. Good luck in topping that for free without causing chaos.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Stranger ville is the apocalypse game lol.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I feel you about the mods. May I ask which ones you're using? In case you can't mention them publicly for some reason, feel free to pm me. Always looking for fun stuff to add! :)

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Stranger ville is the apocalypse game lol.

Gosh I hope not. It kinda has that feel to it but it definitely doesn't cut it. 😖😖😖
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Cross your fingers we get a Gamepack Announcent and Trailer Tomorrow. I'm not really expecting either this week but you never know.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Cross your fingers we get a Gamepack Announcent and Trailer Tomorrow. I'm not really expecting either this week but you never know.

My fingers are crossed and hoping for some occult sims. fairy or werewolf.
    My bet is still on the 27th even though I'm having doubts 😂 I do think we'll see a GP in March though, so the 27th would be a good day to announce with release scheduled for 12th or 17th March. Plus, since I'm guessing we can expect something for E3 in June, that would leave ample amount of time between the two releases. Fingers crossed.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    My bet is still on the 27th even though I'm having doubts 😂 I do think we'll see a GP in March though, so the 27th would be a good day to announce with release scheduled for 12th or 17th March. Plus, since I'm guessing we can expect something for E3 in June, that would leave ample amount of time between the two releases. Fingers crossed.

Thursday?
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Could it be today?
    Yeah I know it's unusual for them to release a GP on Thursday but hey, they might still announce it on one xD
    No teaser Today.
    No indeed :( placing my bets on next week Tuesday then 😂
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I am really surprised we haven't heard a peep yet about the next pack.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Isn't Pax East this weekend?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Cladriah wrote: »

I took a look at the schedule and I didn't see anything that seemed to be a likely panel to include a Sims related announcement, but that doesn't mean that there can't be something or that I didn't miss - or misread - something either.

Nor for C2E2 (not that I'd expect them there, but it's another con with gaming elements going on this weekend.)
    Cladriah wrote: »

I thought it was last weekend.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    I need some type of news... or hint... or something. Anything.