May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Play With Occult-Human Sim Couples In The Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Never
    Occults are just not for me
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Probably somewhat often? It's hard to choose a poll option since I play rotationally. Sometimes it takes months to play a couple that's human/occult, even though I have 2 in my save right now and plan on adding more.

Usually they're alien/human but I want to add in some vampire/human and alien/vampire couples. And then also maybe an alien/alien couple and a vampire/vampire couple. Occult Sims are just the most fun.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I play with occult couples a lot, but the way I play cant be classified as "every few weeks" or "every few months". I have a vampire/human couple in one save, human/alien in another, and 2 saves with vampire/alien couples.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Once every few weeks
    I don’t play with them as often in The Sims 4 compared to previous installments (TS2/TS3). They’re just not as fun as it used to be and there’s only so little to choose from.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm usually interested in playing new occults for a time after they release - in order to get to know the gameplay surrounding them, but after that I lose interest, often because the Sims 4 version of them is not to my liking and doesn't match my own perception of them.

So, I always find myself back with a regular Sim within long.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play mostly humans but I do have a few of occult families in my rotation. Vampires of my favourite occult type. So far I haven't mixed any human sim families with occult families but maybe in the future I will do.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,504 Member
    Always
    Because Sims 4 is a little different from previous games in the series, I feel like Occults really shine for some reason. Or maybe I just feel like this particular iteration is boring without them, lol. In any case, it seems like they have grown in popularity this time around, which makes me very happy.

I probably have more single Sims than coupled, but that's because there's no good dating system in place, with a way to distinguish the right partner. I prefer the unpredictability of seeing who my Sims choose so it's unfortunate they have no preferences. So Occults it is. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    Once every few weeks
    As of now I only have one family like that, a human/mermaid couple. I really enjoy playing them though, and I will probably do the same for some of the other occults in the save. I know I will do it for an alien that was born from an abduction, and I'm looking forwards to that (she's currently a teenager).

My main reason for playing and liking occults is the outsider/difference aspect of it, and I play some of my occults as if they are ashamed of being different while others are proud of it. I also have a rule in my games that mermaids (and to a certain degree spellcasters) can't go back to human or the other way around, as I want it to be something my sims either are or aren't. In my mermaid/human family two of the children are human while three are mermaids. The stories for some of them are going to involve coming to terms with being something they don't want to be, and I really enjoy having those storylines in my game.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I play with some human/alien couples and have two alien/mermaid couples. I love seeing how their children turn out.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Once every few months
    For me it depends on the type of occult unfortunately I only have Vampires in Sims 4
    Vampires and humans? Yeah no, I kinda see it like someone dating a cheeseburger. Not much romance when your considered food and your partner is a corpse

Aliens dating humans I can definitely see happening. I mean aliens in this series are weirdly obsessed with putting a baby in people so they could be considered....uh humansexual I guess?

The rest of the occults I don't mind pairing with human sims, because most of them are pretty much humans but with something odd about them.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Always
    So much. I also play two different occult couples too. It is nice to diversify my Sims children. I started doing it with the Sims 2 when occult genes started carrying over especially with aliens that my family and I were super excited for.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    faeriedustefaerieduste Posts: 44 Member
    Always
    I love playing with occults! I find it boring to play normal sims.
    Origin ID: faerieduste
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Never
    Never, because I don't touch occults.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Once every few months
    I'm not usually interested in occults, but love is love.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Once every few weeks
    Am I the only one experiencing 100% occult birth rates? I did a legacy family with mermaids, every kid was a mermaid. Now I am doing one with spell casters and every kid is a spell caster. I though the odds were supposed to be 50/50 but they seem like 100/0 in my games.
  • Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Once every few weeks
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > Always!! One is always an occult. But ever since island living I don't play too many humans anymore. Now one is always a mermaid. So its mermaid and vampire or mermaid and spellcaster/alien etc I sort of view them as human though because it's not much to them besides the tail in water and when I'm not living on the beach I forget I even have a mermaid.
    >
    > I consider them humans with spice. :D for a little backstory invented through poses, imagination and live play. The short version:My mermaid barely escaped with their life from a clan of evil vampire holding them hostage for mermaid blood. Then he escaped to the sea, and the sea witch helped him make it safely to shore where he gets washed up like a fish lol.
    > A vampire and their spellcaster friend exploring the forest/beach I made found my mermaid, but before they could help the evil vampire steps through the portal to reclaim the mermaid and a battle takes place to save the mermaids life.
    >
    > The good vampire and spellcaster wins, takes the mermaid to the vampire lair. The mermaid is not easily accepted into the clan and some drama takes place with the vampire king but I'm cutting it short. Eventually hes accepted and the mermaid and vampire starts to fall in love and become a couple and the love story continues from there. ♥️

Do you notice your mermaids live an unusually long time? Mine were getting 33 to 34 days as an Elder- which made playing legacy annoying since they took forever do die.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Never
    I have one couple where sheis an alien and he is the evil clones of one of the Heckings but I completely stopped playing them 😅
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Once every few months
    Occult Sims are about 5% of my Sims, but it is an important 5%. I just don't want to over populate.
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Once every few months
    I don't play with too many occult sims and my most mixed-life state couple would probably be a Spellcaster + Vampire household. My writer did just welcome a baby alien boy into the family, despite NOT having any sort of relationship with the baby's mom.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Always
    I have some sims who aren't official occult (ie, werewolves but...alas), though I also have 'demons' and whatnot as well. But I have at least one sim of each occult, and they are often in relationships with a human partner.