Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't load past neighborhood/crashes since update

I'm new to TS4, literally having purchased it the first of the year. I've got some stuff from the gallery and a couple of custom eyeshadows just to see how it works, and that's it. I've played one world and a couple of the blocks in that world. After the game updated a couple of days ago, I can no longer play. It loads to the neighborhood screen but, when I pick a household, and I've tried a few, it loads for 25 minutes and then crashes. New PC, also, and no it doesn't take more than a minute or two to load a household. I've also tried starting a new game with a Sim in CAS and after much futzing and time spent creating that sim, just as I was applying the finishing touch, the game crashed.

I've been fighting with Origin/EA Since the first week of November on any number of issues that generally rear their ugly head with the MANY Origin updates - with TS3, Origin, etc - and frankly I'm exhausted and disillusioned. I never had this trouble before and don't know how much is Win10 (because I was running Vista until the end of Sept).

FYI, the game is currently not checked to run CC/Mods because TS4 apparently unchecks it with the update. Obviously I won't recheck it until I can actually get in and play.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Mine started this last night. I was playing perfectly fine then this started. But I have tons of cc so I'm still going to do the elimination process to make sure it's not something on my end first. Could just be from the update since your mods are turned off though. Waiting to hear from more people.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Have you guys tried repairing your game? It's pretty mandatory after updates and other changes.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Have you guys tried repairing your game? It's pretty mandatory after updates and other changes.

👀 lemme go try that.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    @columbia93 Are you sure that your PC can keep up with the game?
    Sims 4 does not need a highend gaming PC, but it most likely will have troubles running on a work/ office PC.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    Oh I just saw, you play Sims 3 too.
    If you accidently put Sims 3 CC into the Sims 4 mods folder, it can cause the problems you have. Maybe check the folder for wrong CC 😊
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Move your mods folder to the desktop and then retry loading your game. Even though the game is not checked to run it, something may be conflicting.

Once you know it's a CC issue you'll have to determine what item it is.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Move your mods folder to the desktop and then retry loading your game. Even though the game is not checked to run it, something may be conflicting.

Once you know it's a CC issue you'll have to determine what item it is.

This was going to be my answer too. Anytime I have had this issue with TS4 it was due to a cc or mod conflict issue.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Have you tried repairing your game? My laptop was at the repair shop when the last update went live, and when I went to play I was missing base game worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest) and a game repair fixed it.

Just in case: Open Origin and go to your game library, press Sims 4, and then the options icon (gear shaped). Repair game should be in the list that pops up, and once it's started, then just wait! Shouldn't take too long (depending on your internet and how many packs you own), just let it work and once it's done, see if you're still having issues.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Oh I just saw, you play Sims 3 too.
    If you accidently put Sims 3 CC into the Sims 4 mods folder, it can cause the problems you have. Maybe check the folder for wrong CC 😊

Just bought this PC 3 1/2 mos ago and I've been running it on high details. This JUST happened when the update took place - I literally could play it before and, after the update, when the game was loading and said it was disabling custom content (I've just got a couple of eyeshadows in that folder to see how it works), it will not open households. It loads to the world in a snap but every household I select, it goes into terminal load and then crashes. I tried making a Sim and it crashed in CAW. I tried taking a Sim from my library/gallery and it crashes. I tried putting a Sim into a world I haven't even played and it crashes. Again, no crashing prior to update. Nothing but crashing after the update.

I've even cleared the cache which, BTW, was empty. I deleted that local package file it said to. It still crashed.

I've just been reading about "repair" - I had no idea because it wasn't a S3 thing - so I'll try that.

It isn't Origin because I've been able to play TS3 and a couple of other Origin games. This is directly related to TS4 and happened immediately upon the update.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Have you tried repairing your game? My laptop was at the repair shop when the last update went live, and when I went to play I was missing base game worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest) and a game repair fixed it.

Just in case: Open Origin and go to your game library, press Sims 4, and then the options icon (gear shaped). Repair game should be in the list that pops up, and once it's started, then just wait! Shouldn't take too long (depending on your internet and how many packs you own), just let it work and once it's done, see if you're still having issues.

I'll try that.

BTW, I just have the BG - bought it the first of the year.

It bears repeating (the second sentence in my original post), the only CC I have is a couple of eyeshadows and gallery. I don't have a conflict with those eyeshadows as they are TS4 items. Where do the gallery items go? Additionally, when the game goes through an update, it seems that it unchecks mods and CC to enable users to make certain their game works without those things. I may be new to TS4 but I've been playing The Sims, all versions, since 2000. I've been playing TS4 off and on for about 2 weeks and have yet to even figure out what mods I should be putting in my game!

Fingers crossed but "Repair" may have fixed it. I'll enable the CC and try again to be certain (although a couple of eyeshadows shouldn't be a problem. If you don't hear back from me, it's working. :)
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    @columbia93 Hope it worked! :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Yay! It's working! I even put MC Command in and it works too!
  • Options
    ReginaSReginaS Posts: 12 New Member
    My game opens to a bar about 2 inches long and when I click on it I get nothing but a white screen. It started this after the update and Yes, I have repaired it twice and still no game.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    ReginaS wrote: »
    My game opens to a bar about 2 inches long and when I click on it I get nothing but a white screen. It started this after the update and Yes, I have repaired it twice and still no game.

I would take out your entire Sims 4 folder from My Documents, and let the game generate a new one and see if it loads. Then put your saves, Mods & CC (if you use them), tray files back into the newly generated folder and try and load it again.

That has always worked for me in the past whenever I've had non-loading issues.