Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top 10 FREE content/feature updates 'The Sims 4' desperately needs (in my opinion)...

1. Cemeteries (with a working mausoleum that contains the remains of Sims who have passed away, like in Sims 3).
2. The ability to change light color/intensity in build mode (like in Sims 3).
3. The ability to create our own apartments (like in Sims 3, and to an extent with cheats, Sims 2).
4. The addition of elevators as an actual object to place on any lot we want, instead of only apartments and penthouses.
5. The acknowledgement of aunts, uncles, and in-laws that aren't directly related to a Sim.
6. The return of the favorites system (food, color, music, etc).
7. An improvement to the backstory feature (allow us more freedom in choosing skills, job history, current jobs, etc, our Sims start off with).
8. Allow us to manually adjust the duration of life stages (like in Sims 3), instead of just having three defaulted options to choose from.
9. For those of us with 'Seasons', the ability to view weather in different worlds WITHOUT having to visit them.
10. More trait slots for our Sims (maybe more around five, like in Sims 3). Toddlers can have 1-2, children have 3, teenagers have 4, and young adults, adults, & elders have 5.

Which features or content would you like to see The Sims 4 add in future patches?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would like to see draggable cribs and more cribs in particular.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2020
    1. Freed babies
    2. Cars
    3. Trait and personality overhaul with a memory system
    4. Turn on turn off system and favorites-likes/dislikes
    5. Apartment lot type
    6. Preteens
    7. Retail overhaul (needs to happen after the last survey)
    8. CAS update with body hair, beards and stubble separated so they can be layered and nails + eyelashes
    9. Basic animation patch with things such as making a bed, opening the dish washer (so sad watching the last stream fixing a bed with a electrical pad they just wont do new animations its ridiculous)
    10. Anything goes community lot, set up multiple business on one lot be it a vet or a restaurant bar or library multiple business set up fully working like in Sims 2 (I need space not limitations)
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited January 2020
    1. open water in every world

or at least around all the existing islands because since IL it just feels silly i have to build pools there if i am to have any sort of water fun when my sims are literally surrounded by water

2. lot types that allow multiple types on one lot since I always feel the lots are too big for just one and if I could have lets say library cafe and museum on same lot with all of them having npcs etc needed that would be cool

3. choosing what is residential world and what is vacation world ourselves since for some vacation worlds are the most homely ones or residentials seem more like place they would vacation to

4. Toggles.
    loads of them so just to list few

-townie spawning on/off

(so game doesn't create any more sims and actually uses the sims that live in neighborhood)

- festivals on/off

- completely mute all phone features
    / be able to not have phone

- Vampires on/off
    - Aliens on/off
    - Spellcasters on/off
    (etc etc occult toggles)

- forever season toggles like let me have world or neighborhood with eternal autumn if I want to or eternal summer or eternal winter you know

5. Ladders. thats it. so many of my builds need this desperately

6. a double bed with no frame. just patch one in make me happy. maybe with basic white sheets and also some fun sheets options

(or you could just separate bedframes from bedsheets so there was double bed and single bed object with every possible sheet swatch in the game for those and then frames as separate objects but I suppose that would be lots of work so idk)

7. making apartments or at least making them more editable

like let me edit the hallways and where there is doors and maybe separate one big apartment into 3 or 2 should I want to or let me have different lot types inside apartments maybe?

8. speaking of townies maybe we could be allowed to assign bartenders and mail carriers and sims like that so we could avoid having random townies take over

9. small versions of big things like telescopes

10. multifunctional objects like bed+storage or oven+microwave or such since we are in tiny living times here

+ I like the new bookend storage things so perhaps we could also update some of those decor storage cabinet things as actual storage? that would be sweet
    not everyone has these treasure chest things in their houses

and thousand things more but 10 I thought of first
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    My list:

1. The return of Fears
    2. The Fear emotion
    3. Bunk beds
    4. Spiral staircases
    5. More hair colours
    6. Unnatural hair colours enabled in genetics so they can be passed down to children
    7. Genetic freckles, more choice of freckles and moles
    8. More aspirations
    9. The ability to check weather in different worlds
    10. The ability to manually remove seasons per world like we could do in Sims 2
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited January 2020
    (I got pulled away before I could make a list of ten, so you guys get seven for now xDD)

1. Expanded Emotions. Like Mariefoxprice83, I'd like to see Fear. I'd also like to see Depressed and Death by Sadness. Mostly though, I want Emotions to be more meaningful and for it to be tricker to slide between all of them in a single sim day. I have mods to 'fix' this particular issue, but for such a strongly advertised feature of TS4, an upgrade to the game itself is long overdue.

2. More Danger. The Sims 4 is a super safe, super sanitised game. It takes the tension out of life almost entirely, as there are few difficult choices or risks. I'd like to see a return of firefighters, the burglar, pickpockets, earthquakes and volcanos giving more than a moodlet, and a greater risk of death from various sources. Make sim life exciting for the player.

3. Better Supernaturals. I know a lot of simmers prefer to stick to realism, but many don't and there's little point in having a feature if it's half-hearted. There are very few Supernaturals in TS4 and only two Supernatural states that have in-depth systems to support them. Aliens, Mermaids, and Plantsims are bland, with few features beyond their appearance to play around with. They desperately need some related gameplay.

4. More Distinctive Sims and Sim Relationships. There used to be a lot that went into whether a sim would like another sim. Besides Traits and Aspirations, we had Likes, Dislikes, Zodiac signs, Turn-Ons, and Turn-Offs. I want to see those back, along with Memories. I know these things are possible, as I've modded half of them into the game already... but they're classic sims features and it's odd to have to do it.

5. Expansions to Build Mode. Bunk Beds, Spiral Stairs... you know the drill, the devs know the drill. We've not shut up about certain features for years. It'd be nice to finally get 'em.

And now for a couple of things that feel like pipe dreams:

6. Unequal Relationships. I don't even know if this is possible in TS4. I know it'd require a huge overhaul somewhere, but man do I want it. Just because a person feels a particular way towards you doesn't mean you return the feeling. There's so much fun, so much drama to be had here!

7. Create-A-World. I miss CAW more than anything. The community is so creative and some of the custom worlds in TS3 were just spectacular. The mockups for potential TS4 Worlds are beyond inspiring.