Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Played Sims from other worlds showing up as Organization Members in Britechester.

IDK if anyone else is experiencing this, or if it's even supposed to be this way. Wanted to get a consensus before I submitted a bug report. I was looking for one maybe submitted all ready and didn't find one. When organization events happen I've noticed sims like Mortimer Goth showing up labeled as a member, but Mortimer Goth is supposed to be at home with Bella and the kids. Anyone else been experiencing this? I've noticed quite a few of my played sims walking around campus honestly, and it doesn't make sense as they all have jobs and families, or most of them do.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• UnDutchableUnDutchable Posts: 41 Member

It seems like, just as with Realm of Magic, the game will pull random premades to fill some roles. I don't know if the devs made it this way because people complained that the game always makes too many random new sims, or if it's a bug.

I'm playing in a completely new world and so far, Mortimer Goth, Nancy Landgraab, Baako Jang, and Judith freaking Ward have all shown up during university events as students. Katrina Caliente showed up as a student at Foxbury during the Robot competition. It's kind of jarring, to be honest. This is my test save, so I'm going to add some students to the game myself and see what happens at the next event.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Thanks for your input @UnDutchable. It's very jarring, and I too have seen Judith Ward wandering around. As well as a bunch of my own played sims. I'm thinking you're right about the whole RoM thing. Though, I never saw any of my own played sims turn up as spellcasters unless I made them spellcasters myself. I don't care so much if they're just walking around, but when it tells me adults with children are students and I know they're not it bothers me.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Are they marked as played? As in have you played them, maybe in a rotational style? Because I have found that premades that are not played or marked as played (in my rotational play I have several of the premade household enfolded into my rotation) do take up npc jobs.

For instance in my main game Don Lothario was a trainer at Willow Creek and Oasis gyms and Johnny Zest became a yoga instructor when I got that pack. My Penny Pizzaz worked at one of San Myshuno's food carts. They all held those jobs until I decided to enfold their households into my rotation. The Sims in my played households keep their jobs I have assigned to them and those that are out of work don't go hareing off to the employment office without my permission.

Following that vein, I have noticed that in the saved game I am testing Uni now; Don Lothario is a student in Biology and I have seen several old world premades on campus and participating in events and even as housemates' friends and party goers.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2019
    People have to decide if they want to complain more about premade sims being pulled or new sims being generated. Those are literally the only 2 choices they have when designing these scenarios in the game. I personally happily prefer generation of new sims.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I thought it was kind of funny to see some of my played Sims at campus events. I just think of them as alum coming back to enjoy an event or two. Some people love doing that kind of stuff.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    @Stina1701A They are marked as played. I rotate between roughly 180 households in one save. I suppose I'll look at it as @popstarissa said; alumni coming back.

@alan650111 I agree. I never complained about the generation of townies. I suppose it makes more sense to pull sims from the game all ready (for performance issues) than have the game continually generating townies.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @ShadyLady89 It works! I don’t have RoM but if I saw some of my Simmies wandering around RoM land I’d imagine them thinking they were simply visiting a Universal Studios attraction 😂
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    My world famous celeb movie star sim turned up to judge a debate. I just decided she was a celeb guest judge, perhaps an alum. (She is ‘played’ in my game, not set to unplayed).