Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orange caution sign on Retail shop and an error message

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I recently decided to try the owned businesses. I have a sim couple who own a store that sells clothes, appliances, knickknacks, and paintings.

Today I went to have them go back to the store and open it, but first I got an error then when I went to the map screen I got a yellow caution sign. I decided to have them sell the store, (which I had no issues with doing), but the caution sign turned orange as a result.

I searched in here for help and everything I found, which is from 2014, says something from the requirement checklist is missing. I went in via buy build and checked. Nothing is missing, but I still have the caution sign above the store.

I did turn part of the store into an apartment for them to sleep in and I added a garden to the storefront, some of the plants are CC, but I don't know if that's causing these issues or not, as they are up to date.

Please help me.
I'm going to delete the CC plants and see if that helps.
Update: Deleting the CC plants did not help. I still get the error message and I still have the orange caution sign.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I found a workaround. I found a copy of the same building in the gallery and built it right over the problematic building. The caution sign went away. I'm still getting the error message though.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Good question. I am attempting to own a small business and wonder if we can sell custom content as well. I haven't seen any error message, but I will keep a look out. Hopefully, you get your answer.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    Try changing the lot type from retail/store to residential or general (no requirements for either) & go back to world map; that might clear any lingering issues. Then go back in to build mode & try placing the lot again. Good luck ☺.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I don't know about the retail stores, but over the past 6 months or so, I occasionally get that orange warning connected to my private household inventory. I thought it could be a warning that there was too many items in the inventory, but recently I got it again when there were just 3 or 4 EA items in the inventory. Simply by opening the inventory and closing it again, the orange symbol went away. I still don't know what caused it, but perhaps the same random glitch (?) might affect community lots, too?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I usually get the orange warning for build mode inventory when something's been added, like a career reward.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have a retail store that I sold only cc dresses in, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Usually that yellow triangle means you’re missing a requirement for the lot type, but you said you already checked that and you have everything. 🤔

What does the error message say?
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @Starfree, changing it to generic seems to have worked. The caution sign and the error message have disappeared. Hopefully, it'll stay that way. Thank you.
    @simgirl542, you're welcome ☺.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top