Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think they’ll release the next stuff pack?

2...Next

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2019
    Previous vote for Laundry Day Stuff

Round 1 : April 3, 2017
    Round 2 : April 10, 2017
    Round 3 : May 18, 2017
    Round 4 : June 23, 2017
    Round 5 : September 6, 2017
    Round 6 : September 13, 2017

Stuff Pack released on January 16, 2018

So I don't think we'll see this new community choice be released before 9 months at least (August/September 2020).

Grim Reaper/Haunted House Stuff would be perfect for Halloween 2020.

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    1st half of 2020
    I would say between March-June 2020 so more mid 2020 than early or late 2020. This is something I am looing forward to seeing the outcome as I missed the last community pack and Laundry Stuff is my second favourite pack after Backyard Stuff.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    1st half of 2020
    netney52 wrote: »
    I would say between March-June 2020 so more mid 2020 than early or late 2020. This is something I am looing forward to seeing the outcome as I missed the last community pack and Laundry Stuff is my second favourite pack after Backyard Stuff.

I'd say March to April since we have to vote on it. Voting starts next week.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    2nd half of 2020
    Elder Stuff, please.

If we vote for knitting, we might get Elder Stuff
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    netney52 wrote: »

I'd say March to April since we have to vote on it. Voting starts next week.

The last vote is in April so no way we'd be getting it that early.
    • Theme and Gameplay Vote (November 18, 2019 – November 25, 2019): Select the overall theme and potential gameplay features for the pack. This key decision will influence every part of the pack.
    • Art Style Vote (December 23, 2019 – January 3, 2020): Choose between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
    • Clothing Style Vote (Late January 2020): Review concept art of families wearing different styles of clothing and decide on your favorite clothing style. This will influence the look of the clothing in the pack.
    • Object Style Vote (March 2020): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack and select your top choices to help us determine which objects to include.
    • Pack Name and Pack Icon Vote (April 2020): Pick a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content. You can also peruse different icons and vote on the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.

Last time for Laundry Day the pack title/icon vote was in September 2017, and the pack itself came out 4 months later in January 2018.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    1st half of 2020
    Elder Stuff, please.

Imagine all the craft based outfits for cas, like knitted sweaters, and scarfs as accessories...
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    2nd half of 2020
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Elder Stuff, please.

Imagine all the craft based outfits for cas, like knitted sweaters, and scarfs as accessories...

That'll all depend on the art style vote... For laundry day it was between a modern style and the country style we got.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2019
    1st half of 2020
    There are a lot of good choices to vote--community vote. What can I say, I really like stuff packs. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Never. Moschino Stuff was the last stuff pack for TS4
    elelunicy wrote: »
    They just announced a new community voted Stuff Pack on Maxis Monthly!

Last time it took them 9 months to release the SP after the first vote, so with a similar schedule it means the SP would be released around August 2020.

Sorry to those who chose "Moschino Stuff was the last stuff pack". You're already wrong :D
    My vote for more of a hopeful wish seeing the voting options I still wish it was true.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    1st half of 2020
    Elder Stuff, please.

That'll all depend on the art style vote... For laundry day it was between a modern style and the country style we got.

Oh I know, I'm just being hopeful :-)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Seeing as they release packs within a month after the announcement but since their working on it with the community, the new pack being voted on should have a title by April...then they’ll have to send that info to the higher ups and to retail vendors to prepare...hm maybe May or June?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    1st half of 2020
    I think this stuff pack might take less time to complete than the first community pack. The final vote is in April, and I don't believe it'll take an additional 4-5 months to finish. We'll see.

*ETA: I guess the first community pack took longer than I remembered? Oh, well. My favorites appear to be the most popular so I'll be happy with whichever pack we get. And hopefully they'll still consider making the pack that comes in 2nd place.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    1st half of 2020
    looks like middle of 2020 is likely with the voting schedule.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope Arts and crafts stuff wins. We already have spa day and fitness stuff so I feel like self care can take a step back. We also have mood changing teas already I'm not sure what new teas will do outside of maybe giving longer moodlets. And I feel like they should have made a vegan trait when they gave us the vegetarian trait. Like. Seriously? We get so few traits that I feel like a vegan trait should just be a freebie. After all, there aren't even any new traits in DU. I mean, I guess we got two in island living and 1 in GF but still.

Guess what we don't have in any form? Knitting! As much as I would love for my sims to be able to do seances (because we don't have those either, but we do have ghosts, vampires and spellcasters already, it's only fair to give attention to other things)and have a grim reaper career, arts and crafts would give sims more hobbies and then with gtw you can sell the stuff in stores. I'd also love a smaller telescope but at the moment I'm really feeling the arts and crafts stuff pack. At the end of the day though, as long as self care doesn't win I'll be happy.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    1st half of 2020
    Elder Stuff, please.

I am really hoping for more activities elders can do once they retire, and I have been hoping for scarf accessories for a long time too, so this outcome would be great. I always wanted the sewing machine from Sims 2 back because I loved making retail businesses with it, and designing the customised outfits when the sim is the top level, but knitting would be almost as good as an updated version of that :) And of course, it wouldn't just be for elders anyway, because lots of people like crafty things IRL, and it would fit especially well with historical settings, low tech or self-sufficient scenarios.

I think the pack will come out in June or July 2020.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    1st half of 2020
    I think it is going to come down to a decision between Arts and Crafts and the scientific one, due to the ordinary sized microscope and telescope offered. That might be no bad thing as I think there is enough scope for Hobbies to be a GP which could incorporate much more of the Arts and Crafts options.

Time will tell. And mid-2020 as a date for release, I think.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited January 2020
    Tiny Living is releasing on the 21st! Congrats on those who guessed it correctly!

Fiscal year 2020 now has 2 SP releases. I wonder if they’ll continue to release 2 SPs per fiscal year in the future, similar to how they used to release 4 SPs.

FY2015: 0 SPs
    FY2016: 6 SPs (but we know both Luxury Party and Spooky Stuff were originally planned for FY2015)
    FY2017: 4 SPs
    FY2018: 4 SPs
    FY2019: 0 SPs
    FY2020: 2 SPs

This could also mean we’re getting 2 EPs, 2 GPs, and 2 SPs every fiscal year (if we’re getting a new game pack in February or March like people have speculated).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png