Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Critique of Shower WooHoo

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I like the animation but I dont like that sims dont remove their clothes. I seriously doubt there hygiene is going up either.

I just think of it as one of those cheesy "passion in the rain" scenarios. They're just so in-the-moment that they can't be bothered to disrobe before getting in. What I would find hilarious is if they came out soaked and uncomfortable afterward. Talk about subverting expectations.

Ha ha that was my first thought as well. Just didn't know how to put it in words. Well done.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @catloverplayer wait, we're still talking about the shower WooHoo, yes?

Also, I was looking at the hygiene need and it was going up a tiny bit during the WooHoo, but only veeery slowly.

Oops I posted in the wrong thread. I was asking about sims swimming in Britechester. I was asking if they showed them swimming.

Oh. EnglishSimmer didn't, I don't think, but someone else had it in their gameplay video, though I wasn't paying much attention to which neighbourhood it was in :D (or, obviously, whose video it was, sorry!)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

Also, I was looking at the hygiene need and it was going up a tiny bit during the WooHoo, but only veeery slowly.

Oops I posted in the wrong thread. I was asking about sims swimming in Britechester. I was asking if they showed them swimming.

Oh. EnglishSimmer didn't, I don't think, but someone else had it in their gameplay video, though I wasn't paying much attention to which neighbourhood it was in :D (or, obviously, whose video it was, sorry!)
    You were right, The English Simmer had a shower woohoo scene. I just rewatched it and the hygiene didn’t go up, it actually went down a teensy bit. Hard to see with her logo but at one point I caught the red arrow indicating it was going down.
  • July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    hopefully they'll tweak the shower woohoo in a future update, but the recycling of animation along with lack of clothing removal makes it seem really lazy.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    hopefully they'll tweak the shower woohoo in a future update, but the recycling of animation along with lack of clothing removal makes it seem really lazy.

I don't mind the recycling animation but it's the not taking off clothes that bothers me. I'm hoping they can get this fix into the Update Tuesday but if not in the December Patch.
    babajayne wrote: »

You were right, The English Simmer had a shower woohoo scene. I just rewatched it and the hygiene didn’t go up, it actually went down a teensy bit. Hard to see with her logo but at one point I caught the red arrow indicating it was going down.

It went down at the end as WooHoo drains hygiene in all cases but while they're in the shower, you can see the arrow being green & hygiene going up.
    8XzZGOb.png

(I need to stop rewatching the videos and looking for all the tiniest details lol)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

It went down at the end as WooHoo drains hygiene in all cases but while they're in the shower, you can see the arrow being green & hygiene going up.
    8XzZGOb.png

(I need to stop rewatching the videos and looking for all the tiniest details lol)
    Oh I see now. That logo was covering the end of the bar when I viewed it on my phone. Thanks!
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member

I don't mind the recycling animation but it's the not taking off clothes that bothers me. I'm hoping they can get this fix into the Update Tuesday but if not in the December Patch.

They couldn't see that this needed to happen when they added shower woohoo? Lack of detail is one thing the Sims 4 struggles with.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

8XzZGOb.png

Doesn't seem like a high increase in hygiene though...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

8XzZGOb.png

I didn't say it was. Realistically though, you'd need a shower after a shower WooHoo anyway (in real life, that is) ;)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

8XzZGOb.png

I didn't say it was. Realistically though, you'd need a shower after a shower WooHoo anyway (in real life, that is) ;)

Oh, I know what you mean :smirk:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I don't :(
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

8XzZGOb.png

Well, yes, but at the risk of getting too technical, that happens at the end, doncha know, not getting back in, haha. :blush:

I guess it's ok that the hygiene doesn't go up as much as a regular shower. I can live with it. But not getting naked? No, just no. I don't want to ruin the moment by having to make them get nude myself. I would have to remember to do this before I clicked Woohoo In Shower, or it would most likely happen afterward or cancel the Woohoo. Am I going to remember? No. Sure--recycle the animation if you must, but tweak it for this, please.

8XzZGOb.png

Well, yes, but at the risk of getting too technical, that happens at the end, doncha know, not getting back in, haha. :blush:

I guess it's ok that the hygiene doesn't go up as much as a regular shower. I can live with it. But not getting naked? No, just no. I don't want to ruin the moment by having to make them get nude myself. I would have to remember to do this before I clicked Woohoo In Shower, or it would most likely happen afterward or cancel the Woohoo. Am I going to remember? No. Sure--recycle the animation if you must, but tweak it for this, please.

I hope the gurus are reading this.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Is it weird that I think it's hotter if they keep their clothes on?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member

Yeah. Overcome with passion, no time to to disrobe. 🔥
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    https://youtu.be/0o8SRUDAdyA

Seems like Cary Grant doesn't mind showering with clothes on. As long as his shoes are off 🤣
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22

Nah.

I mean, they don't do it for the regular in bed WooHoo either :P

I kinda always assume that the implication of no clothes would put the game in hot water with the rating people.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    This thread is turning into a soap opera.
    edited November 2019

Nah.

I kinda always assume that the implication of no clothes would put the game in hot water with the rating people.

Yes but their under the covers in bed. It will be sad if a modder has to fix this. As long as they have the pixie over them it shouldn't put the game in hot water.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I haven't watched the full animation so I can't comment fully. I do have an active imagination though, so I think I will be ok ...

As for the hygiene not really going up, yes, I can understand the rationale.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member

Nah.

Hmm, if that's true, fair enough. But we have the pixelation, and the implication of no clothes whenever it occurs already? They also got nude in The Sims 3 before Shower Woohoo.

I don't notice it as much before getting into bed. It seems more natural for them to disrobe under the covers, if they must.

Yeah. Overcome with passion, no time to to disrobe. 🔥

I agree that's it's hot to be in a hurry, but the shower seems an odd pairing with that. Just jump in the closet....that's the area I'm fine with for still being dressed, or the leaf/money piles.
    This thread is turning into a soap opera.

:mrgreen:

• MythicMissMythicMiss Posts: 44 Member

Then have them change into towels, or swimsuits. Mechanical exo-suits are a little too much. They pinch in all the wrong places. Not to mention the need for rust-proofing! :#

At the very least, if they're going to have the sims' bodies literally disappear while they're in the shower, they need to make the steam clouds in the shower opaque or non-transparent, like the steam clouds used in the sauna woohoo animation.

It occurs to me that using the opening part of the closet woohoo animation is the reason our sims won't be able to woohoo in a doorless shower, like the one that came with Island Living or the one that comes with the University pack itself. Kind of an unfortunate choice. :/
    Actually I think a modder will fix this very quickly. Until it's fixed my sims are getting nude before they shower woohoo.
    Well tried the get nude option and it worked. They got I naked and came out naked.